Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 05-29-2013, 04:02 PM   #57
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
I've done some editing... Everyone needs to leave the name calling out... Post your experiences, but stop the name calling.

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:34 PM   #58
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
How the hell do people like these still exist ? Very upsetting. Put them on blast every chance you get !!!!
Old 05-29-2013, 10:12 PM   #59
Tom D

Drives: 10 Camaro SS/RS RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyB View Post
I guess my opinions aren't off base even TOM D has had issues with his buddy JR
"Don't get me wrong, I have had some issues with some folks who have done work on my car, one with Joey where I sat in his office and asked him if he was learning how to be a mechanic on my dime. Another one was with A&A Corvette who installed my supercharger. Work had to be all re -done. Couldn't wait to get my car out of there. But like I said, I am not into bashing here. Something some of us have talked about is you can't trust a lot of speed shops. It's better to do the work your self almost and learn on the way. Which I have done as well."
Sent to me in a PM.
Dude you are a real piece of work. Why not paste the whole thing up where you are calling names and making threats. I have not kept that a secret about my talk with Joey. But it doesn't take away from the fact he did some great work on my car. You only got a snippet of that discussion and twisted it around. A real piece of work that's for sure.
2010 2SS/RS RJT, ADM CAI, Borla Shorties, Borla "S" Cat Back, Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, GMS Wires, GMS Rear Trailing Arms, GMS Rotors, GMS End Links, GMS Tunnel Brace, GMS Rear Tie Rods, GMS 1G Suspension Package, GMS Stage 3 CNC ported heads, GMS Spec'd R12 Custom Ground Camshaft, Snow Meth Injection, GMS Custom Tuned, Norris Catch Can, MTI Brake Lines, Pfadt Coilovers, Sway Bars, Camber Kit, and Rear LCA Reinforcement, , AAC Footwell, Trunk, DRL and Dome LED Lighting, Technostalgia Tail Lights, RED B/A Pedals, Kompression Custom Wheels with Nitto tires, 621RWHP/584RWTQ
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:20 AM   #60
slowfofo

Drives: slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue10CamaroSS View Post
Well I was tempted to buy some Granatelli brake rotors but after reading this and speaking with Jim from Ohio Speed, I'm gonna go the way of R1 Concepts premium brake rotors.
I called GMS this morning and asked for an opinion on all this stuff. J.R. was not in and his guys had no real knowledge of the thread. Spoke to Jasper and asked about where the wires and suspension were made. He said its all made here at the shop. I asked about the rotors not fitting because someone said they seemed oversized. He claimed they were Brembo blanks that they have slotted and drilled. To say shipping I am going there after work and picking up a set rotors. I will bring my camera and take a few pics if they let me. Hate to sound like a fan but I think these guys are legit. But again I am local and they did give me free air.
slowfofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:24 AM   #61
slowfofo

In truth this thread is gong no where and should be closed
Old 05-30-2013, 11:38 AM   #62
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowfofo View Post
The purpose of this thread is for customers to share their experiences, good or bad. Where is there for it to go.

It's based on our experiences and as long as the personal attacks on other members stay out of the equation, it will remain open.

That is the purpose of this section of this forum.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

Old 05-30-2013, 12:15 PM   #63
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Tried to PM you but it would not work. Are you another victum of GMS or just following that other thread. I tend to want to hear from the real customers not the hear-say
Quote:
So which is it...

You want to hear the truth or close the thread??? I guarantee I am a real customer and got screwed big time...

In one post you mentioned talking to Granatelli this am and in another you say he wasn't there so you talked to Jasper. Which is it???

J.R. / J.D ???

Old 05-30-2013, 12:27 PM   #64
slowfofo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
The purpose of this thread is for customers to share their experiences, good or bad. Where is there for it to go.

It's based on our experiences and as long as the personal attacks on other members stay out of the equation, it will remain open.

That is the purpose of this section of this forum.
Fair enough.

As for Joey B. That is why I said the thread will go no place - he can't go three lines deep without insulting someone. As for the thread being closed or staying open (Mr B. - wonder what that stands for B-tch perhaps) it does not make it disappear. You seem to be like most contractors. You talk more than you work. Next you will ask me for a face to face as well. – Tom is right. Cool your jets Turdbo

!

The video above shows Granatelli’s shop – I recognize that much - Joey B can you confirm that? No need to watch the entire video. Just go 6:49 into the video and confirm the guy on the left matches the fabrication guy in the video below

!

You can see the dyno in the above video to this guys back. So it appears to be the same dude and the same shop.

I promise to take a ton of photos if they let me

Can anyone else confirm this. If they are lying to me as well I will fight against them as much I as fight for them.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:36 PM   #65
slowfofo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
So which is it...

You want to hear the truth or close the thread??? I guarantee I am a real customer and got screwed big time...

In one post you mentioned talking to Granatelli this am and in another you say he wasn't there so you talked to Jasper. Which is it???

J.R. / J.D ???
When I said I spoke to Granatelli I mean that in generic form like Granatelli the company. I spoke to Jasper in tech. I did speak to Mr. Granatelli the last time I was there but not today

I meant nothing when I said close the thread other than it will turn into a run away. Your the boss BOSS. :-)

Jimmy Day
Old 05-30-2013, 12:42 PM   #66
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyB View Post
WHY do you care and WHY would you want this thread closed ??? Hmmmm ??
Someone who has just gotten free air from them you are sure going thru alot of trouble defending someone you have NO experience with. I've been to the shop many times and NEVER saw anyone manufacturing anything (not to say they don't, I've just never seen it), all I see is stuff coming and going via carrier. And the parts guys packing and unpacking boxes.

For anyone coming on here to see if they want to do business with GMS, decide for yourself.
Also decide on if you want to take advice from someone who just got "free air" from them or people that have spent thousands and thousands of dollars with them. Myself over $30,000. Good luck
He's gotten more than free air - just bought a set of rotors from them.

Quote:
I purchased the Granateeli rotors this morning and I am driving there to pick them up. I have not looked up the stock weights but Granateli told me the fronts weigh 24.5 and the rears are 23.9. I asked why their brakes were better than stock and they said, well they are stock, Stock Brembo cores that are machined with slots and holes or dimples. The benefit stems from the slots and dimples

Anyway I paid $425.00 and could not pass up the deal. I will weigh them myself before i install them to confirm. Wilwoods were quoted to me at $4557 front and rear in Red or Black
Old 05-30-2013, 12:43 PM   #67
PIPE
Hating prius's since 1997

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (JENNA)
Did he just say a 2010 Camaro Z28 in the very beginning of that first video LMFAO. Smart guy he is.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:08 PM   #68
slowfofo

Also I did not try to PM YOU (SSE 4 2SS) I tied to PM (Stig) about brakes. I understand that you are a customer of Granatelli I was asking if Stig was as well. Although you never directly answered the question. You said you bought your first turbo kit from your engine guy who bought it from TTi. So I still can't see the connection to Granatelli. I understand they all call it the Granatelli/TTI kit but that is like saying you purchased a Vortech from Jannety Racing and now you expect SuperchargersOnLine to warranty it because they all sell "Vortech" blower and all use the "Vortech" name. Perhaps I am still missing something?

This is not a Granatelli thing by me although I can see how it reads that way. It’s just a matter of fact thing. I worked at Raypak and amongst other things we sold Pool Heaters. When the company purchased Mr. Spa, a fiberglass above ground spa manufacture out of Camarillo we got call from people looking for warranty work on their old units. My job was to explain that Raypak (Rheem - the parent company) only purchased the location and assets, which included the phone number. We did not purchase the manufacturing. Some people called the BBB to say we were not holding up to the Mr. Spa promise. Despite my explaining we were not Mr. Spa we were Raypak who purchased "stuff" from Mr. Spa they still said. Well it s says Mr. Spa on the box and when I call that number you guys answer so you guys must be responsible. Go Figure.

Respectfully that is what it sounds like here. You purchased a turbo kit from a mechanic who purchased a kit from TTi and because it says Granatelli turbos on the net you are putting them together. I understand you say Turbo tech built the kit for Granatelli. That only means Turbo Tech has a hand in Granatelli business not the other way around - While I am sure you are getting mad at me now I am merely getting all my information from this thread and what you say here and your mega thread. You said Granatelli sold you new turbos (off his own car) and then gave you a credit for your old ones after they came back from Turbonetics or Precision. If he sold you turbos and credited you for the old ones then what are we missing. Perhaps you feel he over charged you. That I can see and understand but the rest does not make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIPE View Post
Did he just say a 2010 Camaro Z28 in the very beginning of that first video LMFAO. Smart guy he is.
Old guys with old habbits

Gotta run -
Old 05-30-2013, 01:23 PM   #69
slowfofo

I spent $425.00 and if they are lying I will call them out. You all joke about free air but miss the fat I was talking about thier customer service. You said they don't make anything and I said I will investigate.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:26 PM   #70
biggerNtexas

Drives: 2012 ZR1 Corvette
Thumbs up My experience with Granatelli...outstanding!

Chalk me up as another guy that thinks Granatelli is a stand-up guy. Yes, this is my 1st post and yes Granatelli asked me to read this thread. However, he did not ask me to reply...I do that on my own accord.

When I purchased my 2006 C6 Corvette, my performance became mundane very quickly. After many hours of research, I decided on a A&A Corvette kit with long tube headers and a Wicked Racing C5R camshaft. The end result was I had a really fast car that was really loud. After about 8 moths of driving, I just hated the way my car sounded and idled with the headers and camshaft. It sounded cool when I dropped my son off at school because it turned everyone’s heads. On the other hand, it wasn’t so cool when I had a business meeting or a night on the town with a lady friend. It was then that I decided I wanted something just as powerful but didn’t sound like a race car or draw so much attention. I wanted a drivable car with perfect road manners an amazing power (I was so done with the lumpy-lump cam BS – guess I’m getting old).

When I did my research I came across several companies that offered what I wanted. I ended up speaking with Tim at Lingenfelter, Hennessey at Hennessey and Chris at Granatelli. They were all easy to deal with and all on the same page as I was. I ended up with Granatelli for no other reason than they caught me at just the right time. Lingenfelter wanted near double what Granatelli charged. Hennessey was a few thousand under Lingenfelter but seemed like I was getting less. They were all impressive. If you just followed all the press it’s hard not to go with Lingenfelter. It’s interesting to note that when I did my net research in ’06, I couldn’t find bad press on Granatelli. Hennessey took a beating over Viper stuff. Lingenfelter had good, great and bad reviews as well. It was all food for thought but “thought” none the less. I did not go with Granatelli because he charged the least as money was not the issue. That is not to say I have unlimited funds either…like most of you, I work very hard for every dollar and I wanted to make the right decision. Choosing Granatelli somehow felt right.

I ended up sending my Vette to Granatelli in California. You can see I live in Texas. I ended up with a 414 c.i. engine and a Twin Turbo kit at only 9 psi. On their engine dyno it made 904hp and 881 ft/lbs. I was shocked when I first heard it…it sounded near stock and perfectly quiet..just like I wanted all along. They tuned it on their chassis dyno where it made 812 rwhp and 800 ft/lbs. This was, by far, the most power I had ever had. I was eager to tame all that power! My plan was fly to California and drive the car back but that never worked out. Unfortunately, I had a death in the family and I mentally was not up to it. Granatelli sent me a video of my car completed and I took a shot that his word was his bond.

A week later Horseless Carriage pulled up to me house and drop off my baby. SIDE BAR. Granatelli took my checks all the way up until the final payment prior to shipping. Then I paid with a cashiers check which made sense. That is how I would have done business so when SSE 4 2SS seems offended that Granatelli would not take his check - it seems like a smart business move and should not be taken personal IMO. As my Vette came off the upper deck of the truck I could see the bottom of the car looked as good as the top. They spent a lot of time making it right…pure craftsmanship IMO. They even paid to have it professionally detailed inside an out. I’m not kidding…the engine was so clean you could eat off of it. The interior looked brand new and there was not a fingerprint ANYWHERE…perfection! There was even a cool console plaque with the Granatelli logo, engine size and horsepower…a nice touch. In the passenger seat was a Granatelli folder with a full color engine and chassis dyno chart, DVD of the engine dyno, and professional photos of my baby (along with a copy of the invoice and J.R.’s personal business card).

I can go on about how nice my baby ran and bore you all with minute details but here is the bottom line: My car was flawless, fast and tame at a stop light. A year after driving the car and 7,000+ miles later the fuel pump failed so I called Granatelli for help. Granatelli charged my card for a new pump set up and said he would credit me back when the old unit was returned. He even paid for overnight shipping. When my mechanic returned the pump to Granatelli, Granatelli called to say this was not their pump set up. After thinking about it they realized when my car came in, it already had the fuel pump upgrades that came with the supercharger kit. With that said, I didn’t receive a refund but again, I understood that it was not something supplied by Granatelli. Based on the 1 year time lapse I really did not think he owed me anyway. I never took the position that I spent $40,000 so he owed me something.

Moving on…let’s fast forward to now. I was made an offer I couldn’t refuse for my baby so I sold her. Still having a love affair with super high performance Vettes, I purchased a super clean 2012 ZR1 with less than 1000 miles on it. My next call was to Granatelli to see what goodies he could ship me to add on a few extra ponies. I also purchased a 2011 SS/RS for my son and wanted to know about his suspension parts – no F/I for my kid – not on my dime anyway.

So that’s my story in a nutshell. If this, being my first post, has less value to guys with 1000 plus posts – I get it. I figured I owed it to Granatelli because they really did go above and beyond for me. They even sent flowers when my father passed away and that little stuff goes along way with me.

John D.
biggerNtexas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gms crooks, granatelli sucks