Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
autoguy
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing Discussions on mechanical maintenance and servicing of your Camaro

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2013, 01:34 PM   #1
gm2376
 
gm2376's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black 2ss Camaro SS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Macomb Twp, MI
Posts: 403
Service Tire Presure monitor system

I finally took my car out of storage, and the tpm system read nothing. I figure no big deal, as the battery was disconnected. i release the extra air and drove around and hit relearn and still nothing. I even put in more air and released it just to let it flow through the monitors, and still says service system. Anything else i should try, or it is a trip to the stealership,
__________________
Pfadt Springs, Pfadt front and rear sway bars, Roto Fab Cai, Vector Tune,GHL Cat back, AAC Side markers, 20% Tint all around
gm2376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 05:00 PM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by gm2376 View Post
I finally took my car out of storage, and the tpm system read nothing. I figure no big deal, as the battery was disconnected. i release the extra air and drove around and hit relearn and still nothing. I even put in more air and released it just to let it flow through the monitors, and still says service system. Anything else i should try, or it is a trip to the stealership,

Hello gm2376,

Sorry you're having some issue's currently. Could you private message me your VIN and current mileage. I will see if there is any information I have on this issue for you.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:45 PM   #3
SSMickey
SECC
 
SSMickey's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Columbia S.C.
Posts: 1,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by gm2376 View Post
I finally took my car out of storage, and the tpm system read nothing. I figure no big deal, as the battery was disconnected. i release the extra air and drove around and hit relearn and still nothing. I even put in more air and released it just to let it flow through the monitors, and still says service system. Anything else i should try, or it is a trip to the stealership,
If your quote above is the way you did it, you did it all wrong. Look in your owners manual. It's simple on the 10's, others...not so much.
The procedure is listed on page 9-60 in the owners manual.
__________________
Vengeance Stage II Cam, Halltech CAI, RX Catch Can, Full ARH Exhaust, QTP Cutouts, Powerbond 25% Underdrive, MGW Shifter, MTI Drop Springs, Forgeline RB3C Wheels, 3.91 gears, Night Owl LED Control System
SSMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:54 PM   #4
gm2376
 
gm2376's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black 2ss Camaro SS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Macomb Twp, MI
Posts: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMickey View Post
If your quote above is the way you did it, you did it all wrong. Look in your owners manual. It's simple on the 10's, others...not so much.
The procedure is listed on page 9-60 in the owners manual.
i did it the way you do all gm cars with tpms....start the relearn, let out air in the front passenger until the horn beeps....problem no beep.....can't deflate my entire tire to see what happens.
__________________
Pfadt Springs, Pfadt front and rear sway bars, Roto Fab Cai, Vector Tune,GHL Cat back, AAC Side markers, 20% Tint all around
gm2376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:01 PM   #5
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by gm2376 View Post
i did it the way you do all gm cars with tpms....start the relearn, let out air in the front passenger until the horn beeps....problem no beep.....can't deflate my entire tire to see what happens.
You don't need to let a lot of air out, just barely press the needle thingy down and only a little air gets out.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:18 PM   #6
SSMickey
SECC
 
SSMickey's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Columbia S.C.
Posts: 1,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by gm2376 View Post
i did it the way you do all gm cars with tpms....start the relearn, let out air in the front passenger until the horn beeps....problem no beep.....can't deflate my entire tire to see what happens.
That's not what you said in your OP... but anyway. Put the TPMS in relearn and start with the DRIVERS FRONT, let air out until the horn beeps once, then do the same with the passenger front, passenger rear, drivers rear in that order. After the relearn is done, you'll get a double beep. Turn the key off and air your tires back up to the correct pressure. If you start with any tire other than the LF, the relearn should work, but the system will report the wrong pressure per tire. If you have no way of adding air to your tires after the relearn, any tire shop should be able to do this in about 5 minutes.
__________________
Vengeance Stage II Cam, Halltech CAI, RX Catch Can, Full ARH Exhaust, QTP Cutouts, Powerbond 25% Underdrive, MGW Shifter, MTI Drop Springs, Forgeline RB3C Wheels, 3.91 gears, Night Owl LED Control System
SSMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:52 PM   #7
gm2376
 
gm2376's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black 2ss Camaro SS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Macomb Twp, MI
Posts: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMickey View Post
That's not what you said in your OP... but anyway. Put the TPMS in relearn and start with the DRIVERS FRONT, let air out until the horn beeps once, then do the same with the passenger front, passenger rear, drivers rear in that order. After the relearn is done, you'll get a double beep. Turn the key off and air your tires back up to the correct pressure. If you start with any tire other than the LF, the relearn should work, but the system will report the wrong pressure per tire. If you have no way of adding air to your tires after the relearn, any tire shop should be able to do this in about 5 minutes.
Already tried that. Didn't work.
__________________
Pfadt Springs, Pfadt front and rear sway bars, Roto Fab Cai, Vector Tune,GHL Cat back, AAC Side markers, 20% Tint all around
gm2376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:05 PM   #8
SSMickey
SECC
 
SSMickey's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Columbia S.C.
Posts: 1,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by gm2376 View Post
Already tried that. Didn't work.
Then I would take it to a tire shop and let them use there tool on it. I can do a re-learn myself with my stock wheels, but I have to have the tool to trigger the sensors with my Forgelines. I know, weird.
__________________
Vengeance Stage II Cam, Halltech CAI, RX Catch Can, Full ARH Exhaust, QTP Cutouts, Powerbond 25% Underdrive, MGW Shifter, MTI Drop Springs, Forgeline RB3C Wheels, 3.91 gears, Night Owl LED Control System
SSMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:23 PM   #9
Avenging Orange

 
Avenging Orange's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Clermont, IN
Posts: 1,132
Or, you can rely on your brain and a tire gauge.
Sorry, couldn't resist.
__________________
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather,Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Haltech CAI , non synthetic fluids, Mike Norris tuned 419/413
Avenging Orange: 36 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 12:46 AM   #10
gm2376
 
gm2376's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black 2ss Camaro SS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Macomb Twp, MI
Posts: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenging Orange View Post
Or, you can rely on your brain and a tire gauge.
Sorry, couldn't resist.
Or since its in warranty and only has 3000 miles, it can be fixed so I dont have a warning and and a tpm symbol lit on my dash
__________________
Pfadt Springs, Pfadt front and rear sway bars, Roto Fab Cai, Vector Tune,GHL Cat back, AAC Side markers, 20% Tint all around
gm2376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:44 AM   #11
Avenging Orange

 
Avenging Orange's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Clermont, IN
Posts: 1,132
That was easy, huh? Could have done that to begin with.
__________________
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather,Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Haltech CAI , non synthetic fluids, Mike Norris tuned 419/413
Avenging Orange: 36 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:24 AM   #12
gm2376
 
gm2376's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black 2ss Camaro SS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Macomb Twp, MI
Posts: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenging Orange View Post
That was easy, huh? Could have done that to begin with.
And what would be easy? Taking it to the dealer? Considering I have a job , a family and limited time, making a appointment and dropping off a car and having someone take me home or wait is not easy. Thanks for the worthless posts and comments. Always need a few of those in a thread.
__________________
Pfadt Springs, Pfadt front and rear sway bars, Roto Fab Cai, Vector Tune,GHL Cat back, AAC Side markers, 20% Tint all around
gm2376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:32 AM   #13
Bpw72
 
Bpw72's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 camaro ss convertible 2ss/rs
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Windsor Ontario
Posts: 41
Not sure if the 2010 is different than the 11's but I find relearning on mine works quicker when I put air in the tires instead of taking it out.
Bpw72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:36 AM   #14
gm2376
 
gm2376's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black 2ss Camaro SS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Macomb Twp, MI
Posts: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpw72 View Post
Not sure if the 2010 is different than the 11's but I find relearning on mine works quicker when I put air in the tires instead of taking it out.
Thanks....i'm at the dealer right now. he said they lost frequency, they are using a tpms tool? never seen it before, they put it near the tpms and i guess it re syncs the frequency.
__________________
Pfadt Springs, Pfadt front and rear sway bars, Roto Fab Cai, Vector Tune,GHL Cat back, AAC Side markers, 20% Tint all around
gm2376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:26 AM   #15
Avenging Orange

 
Avenging Orange's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Clermont, IN
Posts: 1,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by gm2376 View Post
And what would be easy? Taking it to the dealer? Considering I have a job , a family and limited time, making a appointment and dropping off a car and having someone take me home or wait is not easy. Thanks for the worthless posts and comments. Always need a few of those in a thread.
Dude, apparently you were born without a sense of humor. Too bad there isnt a forum for that. No, wait,....there are doctors you can visit. Do you think you are the only one on this earth that has a family and limited time? I work a 6 day week. Now get over youself and take your car to the dealer and get it fixed.......and lighten up a bit, huh.
__________________
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather,Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Haltech CAI , non synthetic fluids, Mike Norris tuned 419/413
Avenging Orange: 36 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:42 PM   #16
gm2376
 
gm2376's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black 2ss Camaro SS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Macomb Twp, MI
Posts: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenging Orange View Post
Dude, apparently you were born without a sense of humor. Too bad there isnt a forum for that. No, wait,....there are doctors you can visit. Do you think you are the only one on this earth that has a family and limited time? I work a 6 day week. Now get over youself and take your car to the dealer and get it fixed.......and lighten up a bit, huh.
No, you see "dude", your worthless posts just aren't funny. You must be the guy in your group who thinks he the funny guy, when every one eles says what a dumbass. Post something usefull and keep your comic gig on the side
__________________
Pfadt Springs, Pfadt front and rear sway bars, Roto Fab Cai, Vector Tune,GHL Cat back, AAC Side markers, 20% Tint all around
gm2376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:52 PM   #17
Avenging Orange

 
Avenging Orange's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Clermont, IN
Posts: 1,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by gm2376 View Post
No, you see "dude", your worthless posts just aren't funny. You must be the guy in your group who thinks he the funny guy, when every one eles says what a dumbass. Post something usefull and keep your comic gig on the side
__________________
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather,Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Haltech CAI , non synthetic fluids, Mike Norris tuned 419/413
Avenging Orange: 36 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:00 PM   #18
Learjetguru
 
Learjetguru's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS LS3
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 180
I'am sorry I stumbled on to this
__________________
2011 Camaro 2SS
1969 Camaro BB 472 NOS
1997 Camaro Z28

Learjetguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:25 PM   #19
Ir0nM4n


 
Ir0nM4n's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 1LE
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Washington
Posts: 2,435
I like it when SS owners yell at each other... Pretty funny from a V6 owner point of view.

Both you calm down and remove one SS badge each.
__________________
Ir0nM4n is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.