Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Grabiak Performance Center
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2013, 04:25 PM   #326
phntmss
 
phntmss's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 404
Awesome car!! i be interested in a pair of the reccaro seats if they can fit a 10-13 camaro
__________________
2011 SS/RS @ home 12/28/2010
phntmss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:29 PM   #327
fbodfather


 
fbodfather's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaros................
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Grosse Pointe Farms, MI (suburban Detroit)
Posts: 4,350
Here are a few pictures of a 2014 Camaro LS -- note there are no options shown on this car - replacing the steel wheels are the 18 inch aluminum wheels....

Reaction to the car was overwhelmingly positive at the Delaware River Valley Camaro Club's Annual Camaro/Firebird show in Wilmington....people seem to really like the base grille.
Attached Images
    
__________________
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:31 PM   #328
camaro2lt
 
camaro2lt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2lt VR/RS CGM Rally's
Join Date: May 2009
Location: palmyra pa
Posts: 5,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Here are a few pictures of a 2014 Camaro LS -- note there are no options shown on this car - replacing the steel wheels are the 18 inch aluminum wheels....

Reaction to the car was overwhelmingly positive at the Delaware River Valley Camaro Club's Annual Camaro/Firebird show in Wilmington....people seem to really like the base grille.


im soo mad at myself that i forgot about that show
might need to come to the tom henry bash to make it up
__________________
camaro2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:53 PM   #329
Nutro


 
Nutro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 3,272
Hmmm I wonder if that hood vent can be retro'd to work on an '11
__________________
2011 L99 W/ Kooks Long Tubes, Ported TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Apex Catch can, Stainless Works 3" ZL-1 Catback, Overdriven Maggie @10 Pounds boost putting down 501/535 on a conservative tune. Oh and Forgestar 20's
Nutro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:17 AM   #330
velocity149
 
velocity149's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 2SS RS LS3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Oshawa, Ontario. Home of the Camaro
Posts: 468
Wouldn't the non ss hood be the same as the 10-13 model?
__________________
MTX Terminator Amp with 12" MTX Sub. SYOTOS Dad!
velocity149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:52 AM   #331
Casperadub70

 
Casperadub70's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1LE Camaro, 95 Z28 Camaro
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pasadena Maryland
Posts: 862
Still Glad i ordered a 2014 1LE RS Camaro. To me front end= win, back end = win, chrome strip = win ( if i dont car for it ill take it off) and the main reason im so happy with it, is cause its a CAMARO. Camaro = big win.
__________________
2014 1LE 2SS Camaro Recaro seats, Custom Cam, Kooks LT headers, CAI intake, Stainless Steel breaklines, BMR Toe Rods and Trailing Arms resulting in 482.49 RWHP
Casperadub70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:29 AM   #332
CRTZL1

 
CRTZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: N.Y.
Posts: 1,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casperadub70 View Post
Still Glad i ordered a 2014 1LE RS Camaro. To me front end= win, back end = win, chrome strip = win ( if i dont car for it ill take it off) and the main reason im so happy with it, is cause its a CAMARO. Camaro = big win.
The car is awesome, good luck with it.. minus.......

The back end getting a win,
10-13 is what a camaro back end should look like not a Honda!

Not hating on ya, like you said it's still a camaro and that's a huge win, just that rear is a huge fail!
CRTZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:36 AM   #333
Bonemaro

 
Bonemaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 RJT 1SS M6
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Canton, Mi.
Posts: 1,695
Send a message via AIM to Bonemaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casperadub70 View Post
Still Glad i ordered a 2014 1LE RS Camaro. To me front end= win, back end = win, chrome strip = win ( if i dont car for it ill take it off) and the main reason im so happy with it, is cause its a CAMARO. Camaro = big win.
Spoken like a true enthusiast i agree completely. We're a rare breed on this forum anymore; outweighed by the critics.
Bonemaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:03 AM   #334
Kobra_Klutch
 
Drives: Mountain Bike
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 7
Thanks Fbod

Sir, thanks for the AGM pictures. If you have a picture of the 1LE in AGM and have the time...could you please post it as well. Thanks in advance.

V/r
Klutch
Kobra_Klutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:18 AM   #335
Cookie Monster
kiss my 14 Tailassghts
 
Cookie Monster's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1LE
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Motor City
Posts: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casperadub70 View Post
Still Glad i ordered a 2014 1LE RS Camaro. To me front end= win, back end = win, chrome strip = win ( if i dont car for it ill take it off) and the main reason im so happy with it, is cause its a CAMARO. Camaro = big win.
__________________
2014 2SS

Credit to xVengeancex28
Cookie Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:14 AM   #336
dimitri
 
Drives: 06 M5/04 350Z
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: huntingdon valley PA
Posts: 259
sorry fellas but dont like the changes
i lam glad i bought the 12 ZL1
dimitri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:20 AM   #337
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody
 
meissen's Avatar
 
Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2014 Camaro 1LT
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chesterfield Twp, MI
Posts: 2,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRS55 View Post
The car is awesome, good luck with it.. minus.......

The back end getting a win,
10-13 is what a camaro back end should look like not a Honda!

Not hating on ya, like you said it's still a camaro and that's a huge win, just that rear is a huge fail!
Obviously you're not familiar enough with Camaro heritage to understand that the 2014 Camaro is what a Camaro's taillights are supposed to look like. 2010-2013 Camaro taillights, as far as Camaro heritage is concerned, was a fluke. Do they look good? Sure, but there weren't many years where the Camaro had taillights similar to the 2010-2013 years. On the other hand, almost all of Camaro's history has had similar taillights to the 2014.
__________________
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb" - Cold Air Inductions CAI, VMAX Ported Throttle Body, MGW Short Throw Shifter
1994 Camaro LT1 A4 - "Red Alert" - v6-to-LT1 Swapped Cruiser; Cammed, Stalled, Enjoyed

meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:35 AM   #338
MrBowTi3
 
MrBowTi3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1SS Victory Red Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Jonesboro, Georgia
Posts: 130
I talked with Chevy at G17 the front and rear fascia on the 2014 can be swapped with the original fascias so

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
__________________
MrBowTi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:56 AM   #339
Cookie Monster
kiss my 14 Tailassghts
 
Cookie Monster's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1LE
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Motor City
Posts: 814
On my way to the gym this morning, I spotted a CRT 2014 with a 1LE & RS package
...
It was a beast in person. I took some really crappy photos with my iPhone and ill upload them when I can. It's so hard uploading pics to the forums with a iPhone
__________________
2014 2SS

Credit to xVengeancex28
Cookie Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:34 AM   #340
CRTZL1

 
CRTZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: N.Y.
Posts: 1,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by meissen View Post
Obviously you're not familiar enough with Camaro heritage to understand that the 2014 Camaro is what a Camaro's taillights are supposed to look like. 2010-2013 Camaro taillights, as far as Camaro heritage is concerned, was a fluke. Do they look good? Sure, but there weren't many years where the Camaro had taillights similar to the 2010-2013 years. On the other hand, almost all of Camaro's history has had similar taillights to the 2014.
Very familiar with the "heritage" and the taillights from the previous generations and they do not look like Hondas, maybe similar shaped but they also weren't a solid light/cover and had trim in between them (first gen. that is)..
And maybe you would like to take a look at the 2nd gen. Mr. Heritage, that is right?
So if you like them maybe your a ricer at heart but I'll stand by what I feel they look like on this generation and that's...


Hopefully they smarten up and redo the 6 gen right!!
Attached Images
  

Last edited by CRTZL1; 06-03-2013 at 11:45 AM.
CRTZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:36 AM   #341
CRTZL1

 
CRTZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: N.Y.
Posts: 1,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBowTi3 View Post
I talked with Chevy at G17 the front and rear fascia on the 2014 can be swapped with the original fascias so

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Wow that's excellent news if this is 100 percent fact!!
2014 plus 2010-2013 rear equals HUGE win!!
CRTZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:38 AM   #342
CRTZL1

 
CRTZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: N.Y.
Posts: 1,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
sorry fellas but dont like the changes
i lam glad i bought the 12 ZL1

+1
although I agree with you to a certain extent. Meaning the only thing I can't stand is the rears on the 14's...I would still rather have your car a million times over!!
CRTZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:00 PM   #343
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody
 
meissen's Avatar
 
Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2014 Camaro 1LT
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chesterfield Twp, MI
Posts: 2,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRS55 View Post
Very familiar with the "heritage" and the taillights from the previous generations and they do not look like Hondas, maybe similar shaped but they also weren't a solid light/cover and had trim in between them (first gen. that is)..
And maybe you would like to take a look at the 2nd gen. Mr. Heritage, that is right?
So if you like them maybe your a ricer at heart but I'll stand by what I feel they look like on this generation and that's...


Hopefully they smarten up and redo the 6 gen right!!
Hence why I said "Sure, but there weren't many years where the Camaro had taillights similar to the 2010-2013 years." The 2010-2013 Camaro taillights are only similar to 2nd gen Camaros from 1970-1973... HUH, go figure From 1974 through 2002, the taillights are more in line with the 2014's taillights. First gen taillights are still the similar trapezoid shape - just flat instead of wrapping around the bumper.

What does a "ricer at heart" have anything to do with liking taillights that are a direct descendant from the Camaro taillights from 1974 through 2002?

Since we're sharing pictures -- let's look at the heritage of Camaro taillights... Flat, trapezoid shaped 1967 to 1969... Two circles 1970 to 1973... Wrap-around trapezoid 1974 to 2002... Two circles 2010 to 2013... Wrap-around trapezoid 2014+...

"Late 5th Generation":


"Early 5th Generation":


4th Generation (there were two styles 93-96 and 97+ but it's just a lense change, so I'm not going to post separate pics):


3rd Generation:


Late 2nd Generation:


Early 2nd Generation:


1st Generation, though flat, carries the same trapezoid shape:
__________________
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb" - Cold Air Inductions CAI, VMAX Ported Throttle Body, MGW Short Throw Shifter
1994 Camaro LT1 A4 - "Red Alert" - v6-to-LT1 Swapped Cruiser; Cammed, Stalled, Enjoyed

meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:48 PM   #344
LAWMAN

 
LAWMAN's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 cam.2ss/rs.iom,07'escalade esv
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pasc.Ms.
Posts: 769
May be minor detail to some,but i do like the non RS h/lamps better on the 14' than on previous models,
__________________
A9120159
1100:12/19/08
3800:06/19/09
6000:07/02/09
LAWMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:46 AM   #345
Wolfco13
 
Wolfco13's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2LT 45th Vert
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Lockport, NY
Posts: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by jideker71 View Post
I apologize. This is way off topic, but I've tried searching the forums, and it keeps bombing out on me. Anyone know of a forum thread that discusses the best child safety seats for the back of this not so stereotypical mommy mobile? Thanks!

This is where you should start a new thread that others with similar interests can search for. Maybe the Moderators will forgive you for being new and move these posts.
Check out the Rumi-Air Booster by Safety 1st. It has the side impact air pillows and a smooth solid bottom that does not stretch out your seats. I do agree with some of the negative reviews, in that the crotch buckle is very short.
__________________
Wolfco13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:04 AM   #346
fbodfather


 
fbodfather's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaros................
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Grosse Pointe Farms, MI (suburban Detroit)
Posts: 4,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRS55 View Post
Hey man Awesome, look what I found for you!
Perfect, even has your tail lights you love!
Enjoy!
I think everyone's entitled to their opinions - that said, there's a civil way of saying it.

Mr. Meissen happened to be hired by GM in the not-so-distant past.....

While he may not work on the Camaro team, you might find it iinteresting to know that he's put on one heck of a Camaro show every year for many years now. He's worked tirelessly to do so and receives no compensation to do this. Further, he raises money for a local charity. He's forgotten more about the history of Camaro than many people will ever know....

Team Camaro supports his show in Milford, MI each year.

Calling him a 'Ricer' and posting that last picture, I think, calls for an apology on your part.

It's OK to not like the new taillamps - you've made that abundantly clear........but I ask you:

HAVE YOU SEEN THEM IN PERSON?

If not, I encourage you to perhaps withhold judgement about them until you 'meet' a 2014 in person.....just as I, along with Mr. Meissen will withhold judgement of you until we meet you in person.
__________________
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:54 AM   #347
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody
 
meissen's Avatar
 
Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2014 Camaro 1LT
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chesterfield Twp, MI
Posts: 2,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
I think everyone's entitled to their opinions - that said, there's a civil way of saying it.

Mr. Meissen happened to be hired by GM in the not-so-distant past.....

While he may not work on the Camaro team, you might find it iinteresting to know that he's put on one heck of a Camaro show every year for many years now. He's worked tirelessly to do so and receives no compensation to do this. Further, he raises money for a local charity. He's forgotten more about the history of Camaro than many people will ever know....

Team Camaro supports his show in Milford, MI each year.

Calling him a 'Ricer' and posting that last picture, I think, calls for an apology on your part.

It's OK to not like the new taillamps - you've made that abundantly clear........but I ask you:

HAVE YOU SEEN THEM IN PERSON?

If not, I encourage you to perhaps withhold judgement about them until you 'meet' a 2014 in person.....just as I, along with Mr. Meissen will withhold judgement of you until we meet you in person.
Thanks for the kind words, Scott.
__________________
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb" - Cold Air Inductions CAI, VMAX Ported Throttle Body, MGW Short Throw Shifter
1994 Camaro LT1 A4 - "Red Alert" - v6-to-LT1 Swapped Cruiser; Cammed, Stalled, Enjoyed

meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:20 PM   #348
HDRDTD


 
Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Trenton, Michigan
Posts: 4,093
I have also seen both the first pictures of the 2014's that were posted on Camaro5, and I've seen a whole bunch of the 2014's up close and personal last Saturday at Brian's annual Fbody Meet & Greet.

the cars in real life look much better (including the tail lights) than they do in the pictures.

I'm not a fan of how high up the rear the diffusers extend, but other than that, the cars look very good.

Just wait till you have a chance to see the cars in real life before you make up your mind about the tail lights. If you see them and still don't care for them, that's fine. Just withhold final judgement untill you do.

And, no, Brian is not a ricer by a long shot.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:03 PM   #349
Fraxum


 
Fraxum's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 TT IOM 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South NJ
Posts: 2,713
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Off topic, but I feel a kinship to anyone who mods their car to make it less ordinary. I may or may not appreciate their taste, but looking down on anyone is a sign of insecurity.

And to add to that several "ricer" Hondas and Subarus have shown my "cooler" SS their taillights at the drags. So respect to any fellow car enthusiast.

Back on topic. Love the '14s. More aggressive looking! Wanna get one once I can order with a price. And those Recaros..... Hope I fit and they are at least some what comfortable on long trips. Anyone spent any time in one?

Any change to the current Camaro would bring out the haters. And being a hater is Okay. Just be civil about it.
__________________

The 1LE Inferno build thread
More Seat Time. Thinking the 1LE is a keeper.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:34 PM   #350
Milkdudd
 
Drives: Saturn XR V6
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBowTi3 View Post
I talked with Chevy at G17 the front and rear fascia on the 2014 can be swapped with the original fascias so
I still say you'll need a new trunk lid and spoiler!
Milkdudd is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.