Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Exterior Parts & Accessories

View our official forum sponsors list.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2013, 06:04 PM   #443
showstopper

 
Drives: 2010 RS/SS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Oil Guy View Post
I don't think Showstopper sells on eBay. You may want to search for the "50 dollar eBay rockguards love Em" thread.
We do. But they are not the $50 dollar ones. The $50 dollar ones are paper thin and clearly have jagged edges and in my opinion are nowhere near professionally done.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
showstopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:05 PM   #444
showstopper

 
Drives: 2010 RS/SS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolFan66 View Post
I would like to know if my eBay purchase has shipped?? I was told you was waiting on clips and should have them by Friday, that was last Friday, and I emailed asking if they have shipped. No Response!!!
Shoot me a pm with you name and I could look into it for you.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
showstopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:49 PM   #445
Midnight Rat

 
Midnight Rat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: El Paso
Posts: 1,376
If I ordered a set today when can I expect possible shipment? Thanks.
__________________
Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:54 PM   #446
mbd314
 
Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 91
Ordered mine 5/27, received today 6/5. Installed in 15 minutes and they look awesome! Great product showstopper!
mbd314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:28 AM   #447
noxqq
 
noxqq's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 C7 Z51 VY & '16 Z06 LBR
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dixon, IL
Posts: 374
So...now that you have had some "road time" is the 3M tape still doing the job for everyone who went that route?
noxqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:57 PM   #448
G-Oil Guy
Where am I?
 
G-Oil Guy's Avatar
 
Drives: Zoe the ZL1, 2012 Frontier
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Mars, PA
Posts: 6,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by noxqq View Post
So...now that you have had some "road time" is the 3M tape still doing the job for everyone who went that route?
Mines still holding strong.

I prepped the surfaces of both the guard an the fender lip by using rubbing alcohol (as directed) and let it cure for three days to ensure no stress until it was set. All good so far about 250 miles later with twists and high speeds. Including highway
__________________
FOR SALE: 2013 ZL1 Message me if interested
G-Oil Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:09 PM   #449
Combover
 
Combover's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Georgia
Posts: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by noxqq View Post
So...now that you have had some "road time" is the 3M tape still doing the job for everyone who went that route?
Still good here after about a month or so - summer heat is yet to come.
Combover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:39 PM   #450
showstopper

 
Drives: 2010 RS/SS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combover View Post
Still good here after about a month or so - summer heat is yet to come.
Awesome. Great to hear.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
showstopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:47 PM   #451
2014CamaroZL1
 
2014CamaroZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 CRT ZL1
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 579
Question:

Would it be possible for you to custom make a wider/taller
set of the guards that offers more complete coverage ?

I would rather not have to fab something myself,
as they would certainly look better if you made them.

Thanks.
2014CamaroZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:40 PM   #452
showstopper

 
Drives: 2010 RS/SS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014CamaroZL1 View Post
Question:

Would it be possible for you to custom make a wider/taller
set of the guards that offers more complete coverage ?

I would rather not have to fab something myself,
as they would certainly look better if you made them.

Thanks.
Shoot me a PM. I am sure we could work something out.
showstopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:04 PM   #453
Midnight Rat

 
Midnight Rat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: El Paso
Posts: 1,376
set ordered. thanks
__________________
Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:47 PM   #454
showstopper

 
Drives: 2010 RS/SS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 1LE View Post
set ordered. thanks
Thank you.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
showstopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:40 PM   #455
MMXI SS
 
MMXI SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 VR ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: MN
Posts: 34
I'm using these guards and they look great. I wanted use the 3M tape method to avoid the potential paint damage from debris getting between the guard and the paint and from the clips on the back of the fender lip. I wasn't confident in it holding it up for the long term and removal or replacement would be a hassle.

I used Xpel door guard edge P/N R3023 (Amazon for under$10) to line the fender where the guard would touch the paint and used two small strips folded over the fender edge where each clip attached to isolate the clip from the backside of the fender lip. They have been on for about a month and over a 1,000 miles and are looking great. You'll have plenty of Xpel remaining to replace if necessary in the future.
MMXI SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:57 PM   #456
showstopper

 
Drives: 2010 RS/SS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMXI SS View Post
I'm using these guards and they look great. I wanted use the 3M tape method to avoid the potential paint damage from debris getting between the guard and the paint and from the clips on the back of the fender lip. I wasn't confident in it holding it up for the long term and removal or replacement would be a hassle.

I used Xpel door guard edge P/N R3023 (Amazon for under$10) to line the fender where the guard would touch the paint and used two small strips folded over the fender edge where each clip attached to isolate the clip from the backside of the fender lip. They have been on for about a month and over a 1,000 miles and are looking great. You'll have plenty of Xpel remaining to replace if necessary in the future.
That's a great idea.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
showstopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:59 PM   #457
showstopper

 
Drives: 2010 RS/SS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 3,277
After a trip from Chicago to Florida and back.




Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
showstopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:27 PM   #458
2014CamaroZL1
 
2014CamaroZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 CRT ZL1
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by showstopper View Post
Shoot me a PM. I am sure we could work something out.
PM sent !
2014CamaroZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:58 PM   #459
showstopper

 
Drives: 2010 RS/SS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014CamaroZL1 View Post
PM sent !
Got it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
showstopper is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.