Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics Camaro ZL1 specific topics

Old 06-07-2013, 11:36 PM   #26
hawk02
Convertible Three-peat

Drives: 2013 Victory Red ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
If you use stainless be sure to use anti-seize on the bolts. If not you will never be able to get them out without stripping the threads.

Some auto parts stores like Autozone or Advance have a tool loner program you may be able to borrows torque wrench at.
I just re-used the OEM bolts. At some point, I'd like to replace them with black. I found black M8 x 1.25 x 25 at Lowes but I believe the OEM bolts are 35. Will probably have to mail order a set.

See reply to Deke736. I ended up renting a beam type torque wrench from Advanced Auto.

Last edited by hawk02; 06-07-2013 at 11:53 PM.
hawk02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:50 PM   #27
hawk02
Convertible Three-peat

Drives: 2013 Victory Red ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by jashobbsie View Post
why didn't you paint your original one yourself....this is very simple stuff to do... just asking? cheers!
I've had very poor results with everything I've tried to paint myself. Last year I totally f'd the engine cover on my SS. Spent a good week prepping and painting only to have the paint develop significant spider cracks after the clear coat was applied. I ended up getting a custom painted cover from RPI. This year I tried to custom paint my front and rear bow ties. The results were dismal at best. I decided at that point to cut my loses and let the professionals do the painting.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:33 AM   #28
jashobbsie
Davenport Stage 5+

Drives: Camaro ZL1 & C7 Corvette 3LT Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk02 View Post
I've had very poor results with everything I've tried to paint myself. Last year I totally f'd the engine cover on my SS. Spent a good week prepping and painting only to have the paint develop significant spider cracks after the clear coat was applied. I ended up getting a custom painted cover from RPI. This year I tried to custom paint my front and rear bow ties. The results were dismal at best. I decided at that point to cut my loses and let the professionals do the painting.
I see. looks great though man... cheers!
jashobbsie is offline   Reply With Quote