Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-10-2013, 12:46 PM   #393
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
Yeah med condition. Pretty savage injury back about six years ago. Derailed my golf career, but I'm happy to be walking.

I have to limit my back workouts. Dead lift makes me cringe just thinking about it Lol, but yes I agree strengthening your core is crucial for many back issues.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Ahhh, okay. I'm sorry to hear that happened. Yeah, definitely take it easy on the back workouts if it will exacerbate a past injury.

Quote:
I agree with the beaches being better up north. Cleaner to. People tend to think Miami beach is awesome. Instead it's filled with a bunch of dirty foreigners that think its okay to dirty our city and run around topless with their boobs touching their knees. That is including the guys to.

As for summers up north in the Florida area it differs.
I mean, being close to the water you get a breeze for the most part.
It gets a hell of a lot colder up in the Orlando Tampa area than it does here.

You know living in tn for 6 years and going back and fourth from Florida to tn I noticed the summers there are far more hotter or so it feels than FL.
It's like Vegas. Dry dry heat and the occasional rain. The winter in Tn is what I hated when living there but I tend to miss it more now.
The coldest temp we have here is 50s

As for a road trip up north, YES.
Hey we can get Roshan to go lol.

All three nicely detailed CAMARO riding on the beach side.
Matt you get out of Michigan and come along.
Yeah, Miami Beach definitely isn't all it's cracked up to be. And yes, you're right, I've heard of summers being even hotter up North than down here, but my mom told me that super hot days up north during summer are like super cold days down here during winter - they don't happen that often.

And a road trip like that sounds like a blast. xD
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:47 PM   #394
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIM3 View Post
I have back issues, Robert your aware of that right lol I'm always complaint when detailing my car.
Super Chevy last year killed me.

I really need to strengthen it tho.
Yeah, you've told me... but I hear it so much from Brandi that her complaints almost outdo my mother's (who has extremely severe osteoarthritis).
Old 06-10-2013, 01:20 PM   #395
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nUcLeArEnVoY View Post

Yeah, Miami Beach definitely isn't all it's cracked up to be. And yes, you're right, I've heard of summers being even hotter up North than down here, but my mom told me that super hot days up north during summer are like super cold days down here during winter - they don't happen that often.

And a road trip like that sounds like a blast. xD
The super hot days aren't often but with the low humidity once you reach TN, SC,NC the heat feels worse. I'm guessing do to the high humidity levels here and breeze we don't feel 90s as bad as we would up north in those states.

@matt, I respect you. You have back pains and detail cars. That's a crazy mix. I can't move the next day if I spend 10 hrs detailing.

Why the hell does brandie have such bad back pains ?
Old 06-10-2013, 01:44 PM   #396
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
The super hot days aren't often but with the low humidity once you reach TN, SC,NC the heat feels worse. I'm guessing do to the high humidity levels here and breeze we don't feel 90s as bad as we would up north in those states.

@matt, I respect you. You have back pains and detail cars. That's a crazy mix. I can't move the next day if I spend 10 hrs detailing.

Why the hell does brandie have such bad back pains ?
I love doing it. A lot of times my pain doesn't seem to be correlated to doing work or not. Just some days I wake up and I'm good, others I have to work to get out of bed.

Camaros are the WORST for people with bad backs. The hood is HUGE and leaning over that for hours trying to polish it is rough.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:01 PM   #397
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Quote:
I love doing it. A lot of times my pain doesn't seem to be correlated to doing work or not. Just some days I wake up and I'm good, others I have to work to get out of bed.

Camaros are the WORST for people with bad backs. The hood is HUGE and leaning over that for hours trying to polish it is rough.
I see, I have my good days and my bad days as well.
I really hate polishing the hood. Awkward position leave strain on my back all the time.

I have a pic of nUcLeArEnVoY polsihing his new cowl hood. That is a funny picture lol imagine that thing is twice the height if the stock
Old 06-10-2013, 02:03 PM   #398
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
I see, I have my good days and my bad days as well.
I really hate polishing the hood. Awkward position leave strain on my back all the time.

I have a pic of nUcLeArEnVoY polsihing his new cowl hood. That is a funny picture lol imagine that thing is twice the height if the stock
Lol sounds miserable.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:16 PM   #399
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Quote:
Lol sounds miserable.
What he isn't telling you is where I was while I was polishing it. I was sitting on the windshield, lmao. I'm sitting there with my legs spread with the damn PC between them doing passes at the back side of the cowl. I still have swirl marks at the spot I was buffing because of how hard it was to reach. I wasn't able to get good pressure, not to mention my product combo wasn't real suited for the job (wetsand marks and I was running an orange LC pad w/ M105). The M105 was pretty much running the show there, but like they say, a chain is only as strong as its weakest link and that pad just wasn't cutting it... literally.

These are tough cars to work on, I'm not gonna lie. They're so long and broad. A lot of painted surface to polish.

And Dani, I dunno WTF is wrong with her back. I think it's because of her crappy bed combined with how generally weak she is.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:35 PM   #400
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
What he isn't telling you is where I was while I was polishing it. I was sitting on the windshield, lmao. I'm sitting there with my legs spread with the damn PC between them doing passes at the back side of the cowl. I still have swirl marks at the spot I was buffing because of how hard it was to reach. I wasn't able to get good pressure, not to mention my product combo wasn't real suited for the job (wetsand marks and I was running an orange LC pad w/ M105). The M105 was pretty much running the show there, but like they say, a chain is only as strong as its weakest link and that pad just wasn't cutting it... literally.

These are tough cars to work on, I'm not gonna lie. They're so long and broad. A lot of painted surface to polish.

And Dani, I dunno WTF is wrong with her back. I think it's because of her crappy bed combined with how generally weak she is.
Hahah.. post those pics!
Old 06-10-2013, 02:41 PM   #401
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Quote:

It was a funny ass night seeing you go at it trying to fix the scratches.

Tell her to start working out her back. There must be a workout you. Can do at home if going to a gym is to harsh for her.

Talking about detailing cars, there is this kid on a detailing forum that owns the WRX suburu hatchback. He has been detailing for a year or so and knows his stuff. He has been trying to start a business the past few months.
Last week he got his first phone call to do a paint correction.
He finished the hood and says he couldn't handle detailing others cars.
His first car to work on? A 2011 CAMARO. He said it was huge and he underestimated detailing until then lol
Old 06-10-2013, 03:10 PM   #402
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Quote:
It was a funny ass night seeing you go at it trying to fix the scratches.

Tell her to start working out her back. There must be a workout you. Can do at home if going to a gym is to harsh for her.

Talking about detailing cars, there is this kid on a detailing forum that owns the WRX suburu hatchback. He has been detailing for a year or so and knows his stuff. He has been trying to start a business the past few months.
Last week he got his first phone call to do a paint correction.
He finished the hood and says he couldn't handle detailing others cars.
His first car to work on? A 2011 CAMARO. He said it was huge and he underestimated detailing until then lol
Yeah, people underestimate how much work it could be. Especially on certain cars. And odds are, that car was pretty neglected.

Most people think detailing a car is washing the outside and making sure to get the wheel wells and vacuuming the interior when it's actually a whole lot more than that.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:14 PM   #403
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
Yeah, people underestimate how much work it could be. Especially on certain cars. And odds are, that car was pretty neglected.

Most people think detailing a car is washing the outside and making sure to get the wheel wells and vacuuming the interior when it's actually a whole lot more than that.
Some say it only takes 45 minutes. The rest of us are just really really slow.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:11 PM   #404
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
I can barely do my wheels in 45 minutes. I must be really slow.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:23 PM   #405
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Quote:
Phh, I take 45 mintues getting all my products and tools together to get ready for the detail !
Old 06-10-2013, 05:31 PM   #406
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

It took me 8 hours to do a freakin' decon and wax last Sunday, and that was just the paint - I already did the wheels throughout the week preceding.