Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Classic Industries
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Off-topic Discussions Discuss any off-topic subjects with other members.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:09 AM   #1
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Street Outlaws?

Anyone see this show last night? I guess it's new or something. I just saw the beginning, but some of those cars were putting down some crazy power. Seems kind of irresponsible to put a show about illegal street racing on TV, though.

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:29 PM   #2
Silverlsinva

Drives: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Grigio
I saw it too and thought about creating a thread about it here but since it is illegal street racing I wasn't sure if the mods would approve. Oh and their claim the fast streetcars in America is annoying cause they aren't driving their cars all the time and they come on trailers as well so to me that isn't a streetcar. But the cars seem fast I will say so props to them for spending most of their money to risk it all when the cops.
Silverlsinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:49 PM   #3
E.T.

Yeah, I googled this and came across a thread on the LS1 site and a few others. People seemed to be saying the same thing i.e. they're just taking drag cars and racing them on the street. Seems like a pretty stupid idea to me. Why not just keep it at the track and make a show about that. It could still be a reality show, but maybe wouldn't draw the same ratings?

I wasn't sure if it'd be an OK topic for C5, but figured since we're talking about a TV show and not ourselves in actual street races, it'd wouldn't be against the rules. Moderators, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Old 06-11-2013, 02:59 PM   #4
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
guess they don't have any drag strips in oklahoma.they do run for serious money.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:26 PM   #5
okyankee

Drives: 2010 SILVERADO
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron10 View Post
guess they don't have any drag strips in oklahoma.they do run for serious money.
we have one called thunder valley. not sure why my fellow okies don't use it. I work two minutes or less from the chuck guy that has the white mustang and big mouth. haha
okyankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:39 PM   #6
tc Bosnian

Drives: 09 a4 1500 silverado 2010 2ss rs
I loved the cars but show its self sucked! Staged.

465 WHP and 445 torque.
tc Bosnian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:41 PM   #7
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Those cars were hacked together and slow. The fact that they kept saying the countries fastest street cars is a joke.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:47 PM   #8
Firerader

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2RS/SS 1LE
I have known one of these guys for years. Only a couple of the cars are trailor queens. I promise it's not staged.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:05 PM   #9
okyankee

the opening race scene said something like undisclosed public road. the yellow and black center I have only seen on a airport tarmac. then later, they are at a tarmac. bad editing or staged show? either way its cool to see the local stuff on tv.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:58 AM   #10
MikeSVX
The magic smoke genie....

Drives: Jewels (2010 RJT 1SS)
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
Yeah, I googled this and came across a thread on the LS1 site and a few others. People seemed to be saying the same thing i.e. they're just taking drag cars and racing them on the street. Seems like a pretty stupid idea to me. Why not just keep it at the track and make a show about that. It could still be a reality show, but maybe wouldn't draw the same ratings?

I wasn't sure if it'd be an OK topic for C5, but figured since we're talking about a TV show and not ourselves in actual street races, it'd wouldn't be against the rules. Moderators, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

They did. It was called "Pinks". lol
MikeSVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:00 PM   #11
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 2013 2SS Dusk Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
Anyone see this show last night? I guess it's new or something. I just saw the beginning, but some of those cars were putting down some crazy power. Seems kind of irresponsible to put a show about illegal street racing on TV, though.
garbage TV glorifying asshats that are too stupid to go to the track.

Can't believe someone at Discovery would sign off on this.

That idiot with the mustang flat said his family goes hungry and the roof over their head goes in jeopardy to fund his car..
his car comes first? WTF why would you put tools like this on TV..
gives ALL of us car guys a bad name.
510.7rwhp 477fpt
Oracle Lighting throughout
DuskSS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:51 PM   #12
PHXLT1

Drives: black Z28
You there's a word for someone doing something illegal and putting it on video.......its called evidence!
I'd still be laid here on my own..........wasting my life away.
PHXLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:18 PM   #13
2Carats
bock-bock-doodle-atta-dee

Drives: '12 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Location: Way down younder near the hico-uh hico-uh, the cottonwo-uh, the eucalyptus tree, crambone...
Quote:
Originally Posted by okyankee View Post
the opening race scene said something like undisclosed public road. the yellow and black center I have only seen on a airport tarmac. then later, they are at a tarmac. bad editing or staged show? either way its cool to see the local stuff on tv.
I caught this today, and um yeah! What public road is gonna have all that dayum lighting when you are street racing? And it was evident it was an airport tarmac. Some of the cars were nice... but this show should have been on TrueTV with the other staged shows IMO.

Mind controlled by Cerebro
Old 06-13-2013, 10:01 AM   #14
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

if you watched the guy in charge flat said they were getting to use a taxiway with permission.

Not fake and thats the problem I personally have with it.
99% of the time these guys are on the streets.
These guys are well known and real and not actors.

My problem is the street racing.. and the fact that they keep claiming these are the fastest cars on the street anywhere..

The fact that none of these cars except farmtruck is even semi street legal and they are all flat trailer queen race cars yet they still think they are street cars.

8 second 100% complete and functional interior and tagged/registered cars on the strip get my respect.. these assclowns dragging gutted race cars on the street do not.
510.7rwhp 477fpt
Old 06-13-2013, 10:17 AM   #15
Badbubba
GrINned & JUICEd

Drives: EB Expedition, 2010 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Carats View Post
I caught this today, and um yeah! What public road is gonna have all that dayum lighting when you are street racing? And it was evident it was an airport tarmac. Some of the cars were nice... but this show should have been on TrueTV with the other staged shows IMO.

Mind controlled by Cerebro
Not defending the show, but they did state they secured a strip at an airport for the venue for 3 hrs.
Nitrous Outlet Plate (progressive, fuel hose upgrade, remote opener, heater, filter, console switches), LNC2000, ARH 1 7/8" LTs/gutted cats/X pipe/mufflers, Jet Hot coated LTs, JRE SCT Tune, CAI, Scoop, Rx Catch Can, Gates heater hose relocation, Remote clutch & auto brake res, Metco loop, Momentum Tunnel Brace, TSW Nurb 18" 555 & 555R, Pfadt trailing arms & toe rods, Autometer wideband, Fesler Pillar Pod, LED strips (int), Lloyds floor & trunk mats, LED DRL/front turn & license plate, DRL harness, VLEDs tail lights, Plasticoat Bowties. Ord: Oct 5, 2009 Rec: Nov 19, 2009 13.17 @ 112.6 stock
Badbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:22 AM   #16
steveo9043

Drives: 2012 45th AE 2SS Coupe
Fastest street cars? I don't think so....

I think the show would of been better if it went across the country to events like RSD at Great lakes and filmed.

but I still will watch! GO FARM TRUCK! get rid of AZN!
Old 06-13-2013, 10:32 AM   #17
PsychoRS
Camaro Addict

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXLT1 View Post
You there's a word for someone doing something illegal and putting it on video.......its called evidence!

I think the same thing about the show Moonshiners, even though I heard or read somewhere that they're just hauling water in the bottles rather than real moonshine!
Old 06-13-2013, 10:38 AM   #18
PsychoRS
Camaro Addict

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Holy multi-post batman!

Last edited by PsychoRS; 06-13-2013 at 10:43 AM. Reason: multi-post woes from crappy unresponsive internet
PsychoRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:49 PM   #19
okyankee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskSS View Post
if you watched the guy in charge flat said they were getting to use a taxiway with permission.

Not fake and thats the problem I personally have with it.
99% of the time these guys are on the streets.
These guys are well known and real and not actors.

My problem is the street racing.. and the fact that they keep claiming these are the fastest cars on the street anywhere..

The fact that none of these cars except farmtruck is even semi street legal and they are all flat trailer queen race cars yet they still think they are street cars.

8 second 100% complete and functional interior and tagged/registered cars on the strip get my respect.. these assclowns dragging gutted race cars on the street do not.
the racemaster guy did say that later on. but the opening shot said undisclosed public road. and then later it was the airport. maybe some editing was messed up or they just messed up.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:15 PM   #20
E.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXLT1 View Post

All these "shows" about people doing illegal stuff are somewhat interesting, but you raise a good point. Can't some attorney just subpoena the whole show as evidence? I mean, how do you deny you were making moonshine, or racing cars or whatever, when a whole television series was aired?

Old 06-13-2013, 10:23 PM   #21
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 14 Spark
It's not just the illegal activity that bothers me its the message they are sending out to impressionable teenagers. It's sad that the one dad said about his son getting into street racing was he couldn't say anything because he does it.

We had a similar situation here a few years back when a 18 year old had a Mustang that was built by his drag racing father for him that got into a street race with a Viper. They topped a hill and the mustang rear ended a CRV that burst into flames Killing one girl and seriously burning the other girl. The boy only got two years for the crime.

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:36 AM   #22
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
I saw it. Looked staged. Kind of an interesting show though. I guess it's just because of the continual suspense of them possibly getting caught and thrown into jail.
AmericanMuscleCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:30 AM   #23
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3-2007 Tahoe
watched about 5 seconds of it, and turned it.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:16 AM   #24
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanMuscleCars View Post
I saw it. Looked staged. Kind of an interesting show though. I guess it's just because of the continual suspense of them possibly getting caught and thrown into jail.
Unfortunately not staged I would not have such a big issue with it if it was.
These guys are well known down here and while street racing asshats they are legit.
I have an issue with discovery making them into heroes and telling the world that street racing is ok by proxy regardless of the disclaimers

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
510.7rwhp 477fpt
Old 06-14-2013, 11:06 AM   #25
TRC-SS
TIM "COTW 2-25-13"

Drives: 2011 SuperCharged 567RWHP SS/RS LS3
Ive actually seen that farm truck on several videos online and youtube.

Its a legit truck.

Im sure street racing is big there and that part is real but this is reality TV something in this show is a bit "exaggerated".

I will continue to watch

Last edited by TRC-SS; 06-14-2013 at 11:28 AM.
TRC-SS is offline   Reply With Quote