Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
PFYC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2013, 10:26 PM   #51
Nightmare2012
come find out;)
 
Drives: stockish 2012 camaro ss
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Edinburg tx
Posts: 2,145
Would they make a 2"-3" connector option?
__________________
Fastest n/a 5th gen in rgv area build in progress
Best 1/4 mile time: 11.3@123
Nightmare2012 is offline  
Old 06-07-2013, 10:40 PM   #52
toehead93


 
Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: wpb fl
Posts: 2,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
I noticed in the Car and Driver issue featuring the Z/28 it says "it gets stainless tri-y headers".... are they using these?
Are the Z06 tri y Headers/manifolds stAinless? I always thought the Z28 has something similar.
__________________
Used Racing Brake 2 Peice Rotors for sale:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=344754

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline  
Old 06-07-2013, 11:02 PM   #53
Firefighter


 
Firefighter's Avatar
 
Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tampa by way of Miami...
Posts: 2,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by toehead93 View Post
Are the Z06 tri y Headers/manifolds stAinless? I always thought the Z28 has something similar.
I wouldn't be surprised if they used the same manifolds. IIRC the LS7 manifolds on a ZO6 are titanium.

Could be off base though. I could swear I heard/read that somewhere. It sounds crazy when you say it out loud though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD
__________________
Firefighter is offline  
Old 06-07-2013, 11:03 PM   #54
Firefighter


 
Firefighter's Avatar
 
Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tampa by way of Miami...
Posts: 2,356
Oh wait your talking about the Pfadt headers... my bad. I was talking stock GM.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD
__________________
Firefighter is offline  
Old 06-08-2013, 04:03 AM   #55
IPT

 
Drives: '02 Trailblazer, '12 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: AK
Posts: 780
Well they sure look nice. Can someone help a novice out and explain how/why they are different than something like Stainless Works or Kooks?
IPT is offline  
Old 06-08-2013, 12:46 PM   #56
crangie
 
crangie's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro ZL1 #641
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Detroit, Mi
Posts: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
Sorry guys we've been super busy this week! I've got some answer together for you though!


Q: Will they fit on the Zl1 without having to trim the belly pan under tray?
A: Yes
I am sold. Who do I send a blank cheque to.
crangie is offline  
Old 06-08-2013, 10:27 PM   #57
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]
 
vroomapunk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Posts: 5,416
These look soooo nice, wish I had a build that was worthy of spending a ton of money on them.
__________________
vroomapunk is offline  
Old 06-08-2013, 10:30 PM   #58
Venom SS
Black BumbleBee!!!!
 
Venom SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 1SSRS Black/Silver Stripes
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Alpharetta
Posts: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
Nooooooooooo!

Of course you release these the week after my camaro gets totaled

I've followed the Pfadt's headers for the corvette and I can tell you right now - easily one of the best designs on the market.

Also Pfadt - what about us who order in June? Do we get a free shirt

WAIT WHAT?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!!

Phantom Black Metallic is totaled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whats your nex move?
__________________
Venom SS is offline  
Old 06-08-2013, 10:32 PM   #59
Venom SS
Black BumbleBee!!!!
 
Venom SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 1SSRS Black/Silver Stripes
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Alpharetta
Posts: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMickey View Post
So Vengeance was/is involved? Time to make a phone call! Anyone in the market for a very lightly used set of ARH headers?

ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
Venom SS is offline  
Old 06-08-2013, 10:43 PM   #60
SSMickey
SECC
 
SSMickey's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Columbia S.C.
Posts: 1,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom SS View Post
ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll keep you in mind. Called and talked to Vengeance yesterday and there not sure when there going to be able to get a set. I'm on there list though. Hopefully these new headers will bolt up to my X-pipe or I'm going to have to move my cutouts and that will be a pain.
__________________
Vengeance Stage II Cam, Halltech CAI, RX Catch Can, Full ARH Exhaust, QTP Cutouts, Powerbond 25% Underdrive, MGW Shifter, MTI Drop Springs, Forgeline RB3C Wheels, 3.91 gears, Night Owl LED Control System
SSMickey is offline  
Old 06-09-2013, 07:35 AM   #61
Firefighter


 
Firefighter's Avatar
 
Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tampa by way of Miami...
Posts: 2,356
Is it safe to assume that these will be priced similarly to the C6 headers? Or do we get them at a lower price because the Camaro tax is lower than the Corvette tax?
Firefighter is offline  
Old 06-09-2013, 10:27 AM   #62
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
Is it safe to assume that these will be priced similarly to the C6 headers? Or do we get them at a lower price because the Camaro tax is lower than the Corvette tax?
Hahahaha they will probably be priced around the other American made headers.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline  
Old 06-09-2013, 10:27 AM   #63
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom SS View Post
WAIT WHAT?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!!

Phantom Black Metallic is totaled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whats your nex move?
Still trying to figure that out.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline  
Old 06-09-2013, 10:39 AM   #64
Firefighter


 
Firefighter's Avatar
 
Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tampa by way of Miami...
Posts: 2,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
Hahahaha they will probably be priced around the other American made headers.
Don't laugh... I'm trying to lay the ground work.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD
__________________
Firefighter is offline  
Old 06-11-2013, 08:58 AM   #65
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.
 
RLHMARINES's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black, aka "Big SexZ"
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Savannah, Ga
Posts: 1,052
I hope they fit to a 3 inch mid pipe setup or soon come to market with their own 3 inch X pipe mid section.
__________________
Swift....Silent....Deadly
RLHMARINES is offline  
Old 06-11-2013, 09:28 AM   #66
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLHMARINES View Post
I hope they fit to a 3 inch mid pipe setup or soon come to market with their own 3 inch X pipe mid section.
They have a prototype X pipe they are working on, so no worries
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline  
Old 06-12-2013, 12:04 AM   #67
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.
 
RLHMARINES's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black, aka "Big SexZ"
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Savannah, Ga
Posts: 1,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
They have a prototype X pipe they are working on, so no worries
Cool! Can't wait to hear a sound clip of a set as installed on a Camaro especially with the dual mode factory catback.
__________________
Swift....Silent....Deadly
RLHMARINES is offline  
Old 06-12-2013, 05:23 AM   #68
Apex Motorsports

 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 23,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLHMARINES View Post
Cool! Can't wait to hear a sound clip of a set as installed on a Camaro especially with the dual mode factory catback.
You won't have to wait long. A set was installed on a ZL1 yesterday afternoon.
__________________
Apex Motorsports is offline  
Old 06-12-2013, 07:29 AM   #69
Firefighter


 
Firefighter's Avatar
 
Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tampa by way of Miami...
Posts: 2,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
You won't have to wait long. A set was installed on a ZL1 yesterday afternoon.
Dyno graph and Dyno video?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta
__________________
Firefighter is offline  
Old 06-12-2013, 07:41 AM   #70
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.
 
RLHMARINES's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black, aka "Big SexZ"
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Savannah, Ga
Posts: 1,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
You won't have to wait long. A set was installed on a ZL1 yesterday afternoon.
Whoa, thats what I call on time info.
__________________
Swift....Silent....Deadly
RLHMARINES is offline  
Old 06-12-2013, 08:24 AM   #71
crangie
 
crangie's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro ZL1 #641
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Detroit, Mi
Posts: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
You won't have to wait long. A set was installed on a ZL1 yesterday afternoon.
Are there any pictures. Would like to see the fitment with the belly pans

crangie is offline  
Old 06-12-2013, 08:52 AM   #72
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by crangie View Post
Are there any pictures. Would like to see the fitment with the belly pans

If Pfadt made them I'm willing to bet they're a perfect fit.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline  
Old 06-12-2013, 09:01 AM   #73
TECADON
 
TECADON's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Hampton, VA
Posts: 66
__________________
__________________
2011 SS/RS Homemade CAI, Doug Thorley Muffler Delete, Burns Stainless X-pipe and Dynomax Race Bullets, 8k HIDS and Fogs with harness, Tuned by Me on HPTuners

Yes its quick...quicker then you think!!!
TECADON is offline  
Old 06-12-2013, 10:08 AM   #74
Doc
Dances With Mustangs
 
Doc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California
Posts: 3,586
Ok, I would like to respectfully request that Pfadt slow down development because my credit cards are still a little hot to the touch, and I already have a nice set of headers, and... and I don't really NEED these, you know? And everything on the car is working perfectly right now and it would be silly to mess with that, right? And... and... I'm NOT addicted to modding; Pete from Pedders is WRONG, WRONG I TELL YOU!!!
__________________

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline  
Old 06-12-2013, 10:10 AM   #75
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Ok, I would like to respectfully request that Pfadt slow down development because my credit cards are still a little hot to the touch, and I already have a nice set of headers, and... and I don't really NEED these, you know? And everything on the car is working perfectly right now and it would be silly to mess with that, right? And... and... I'm NOT addicted to modding; Pete from Pedders is WRONG, WRONG I TELL YOU!!!
First step is admitting you have a problem Doc
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.