Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
HRE Wheels
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2013, 11:03 PM   #29
fielderLS3


 
fielderLS3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Mazda6, 2011 Mustang 5.0
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Portage, Wisconsin
Posts: 3,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
They knew good and well what the state requirements are in Texas...but here's the scam: Once you put money down on a policy...it will never be fully refunded (like they tell you it can be)...even if you cancel it before the coverage begins. They will keep a sizable portion for underwriting and fees so that you're stuck with them for the next year unless your willing to blow off the money already paid. But they are more than willing to apply the money you already paid to that newer policy with the higher price.
You should go with GEICO. I change my policy at mid-stream all the time when going into and out of winter storage, and this has never been an issue for me.
__________________
"Proven V-8 power with better efficiency than a turbo V-6"

"The car is the closest thing we will ever create to something that is alive."eds.
fielderLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:18 AM   #30
Ohio Snake
 
Ohio Snake's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS, 2012 Shelby GT500
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I've never seen an insurance company pay a claim for a regular repair. So what would reliability have to do with anything? I could see a car with a better crash rating or less expensive replacement parts getting a better rate but not because it isn't reliable.

If that's the case maybe I should turn in a claim every time I have to take one of my cars in for a repair. I've bought enough vehicles over the years for my business and personal use that I know all about how insurance companies come up with new way to rape a person including credit score.

Oh and another thing, Since you're a licensed insurance expert, explain to me why my insurance always goes up on my cars that are getting older and have less value? I always find that to be funny. I guess you'll tell me that your other factors that go into pricing weigh more than what the cost of the car.
First of all, no insurance carrier will pay for a "regular repair" ( brakes, tune up, etc). Some manufacturers do that for you though. Cars with better crash ratings can get a better rate. However, a very heavy vehicle (Hummer as an example) may be negated due to the ability of that vehicle to damage another vehicle in an accident. It's not all about your car, but the damage and liability it can do unto others. Reliability in this matter is related to the ability of the vehicle to protect its occupant in a serious crash.

There are fly by night companies that carry extended warranty claims ( most are a rip off).

Why would your rate go up on your car every year....lets see some of the possibilities: It could be where you live.....could be you park your vehicles outside....you have a poor driving record.....other drivers in your household or business have a poor driving records.....your credit is not so good......the parts for your vehicle are becoming harder to get......the time to repair your vehicle takes longer due to how its manufactured.......you have a foreign vehicle with parts manufactured overseas.....you live near the Mexican border ( high incident of unrecoverable stolen vehicles)......you have 4 wheel drive.....you have all wheel drive....you have a habit of switching carriers every year.......you have a crappy carrier and you refuse to check other rates.......your insurances are not bundled......your car is loaded with electronics (such as LCD screens) which may be costly to replace in an accident.... your vehicle has a special paint on it.....your vehicle is known to have "blind spots" which could detract your view as a driver and has a higher incidents of being involved in an accident.......you carrier is discriminating against you or you employees for your job industry ( which the carrier can do).....your state that you live in has updated insurance regulations each year to better protect he public such as higher minimum coverages for all drivers.....rates are based upon the size and power of the engine......your age ( as one ages, your reflexes diminish).

I can go on and on like a blind bat on your question/s. Trying to answer your question for your specific case would be impossible as you can see from above.

Furthermore,
A. I have no idea what vehicles you have.
B. I have have no idea what your driving record is like.
D. I have no idea what your occupation is.
C. I have no idea how your particular carrier underwrites you and the state guidelines of where you live that mandate your coverage.

It sounds like your transgressions about insurance rates revolve around unanswered questions about your coverages that your current agent is not answering for you or you did not question with them.




Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Ohio Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:29 AM   #31
Envy
Bully Proof
 
Envy's Avatar
 
Drives: C5 COTW 1/31/2011
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by fielderLS3 View Post
You should go with GEICO. I change my policy at mid-stream all the time when going into and out of winter storage, and this has never been an issue for me.
No thank you...I'm perfectly happy with the company I've been using for over 20 years USAA...they actually send me a refund at the end of every calender year and I've never had a problem with them...ever.
__________________
Envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:47 PM   #32
motorhead


 
motorhead's Avatar
 
Drives: Stormtrooper
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bartertown
Posts: 9,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Snake View Post
First of all, no insurance carrier will pay for a "regular repair" ( brakes, tune up, etc). Some manufacturers do that for you though. Cars with better crash ratings can get a better rate. However, a very heavy vehicle (Hummer as an example) may be negated due to the ability of that vehicle to damage another vehicle in an accident. It's not all about your car, but the damage and liability it can do unto others. Reliability in this matter is related to the ability of the vehicle to protect its occupant in a serious crash.

There are fly by night companies that carry extended warranty claims ( most are a rip off).

Why would your rate go up on your car every year....lets see some of the possibilities: It could be where you live.....could be you park your vehicles outside....you have a poor driving record.....other drivers in your household or business have a poor driving records.....your credit is not so good......the parts for your vehicle are becoming harder to get......the time to repair your vehicle takes longer due to how its manufactured.......you have a foreign vehicle with parts manufactured overseas.....you live near the Mexican border ( high incident of unrecoverable stolen vehicles)......you have 4 wheel drive.....you have all wheel drive....you have a habit of switching carriers every year.......you have a crappy carrier and you refuse to check other rates.......your insurances are not bundled......your car is loaded with electronics (such as LCD screens) which may be costly to replace in an accident.... your vehicle has a special paint on it.....your vehicle is known to have "blind spots" which could detract your view as a driver and has a higher incidents of being involved in an accident.......you carrier is discriminating against you or you employees for your job industry ( which the carrier can do).....your state that you live in has updated insurance regulations each year to better protect he public such as higher minimum coverages for all drivers.....rates are based upon the size and power of the engine......your age ( as one ages, your reflexes diminish).

I can go on and on like a blind bat on your question/s. Trying to answer your question for your specific case would be impossible as you can see from above.

Furthermore,
A. I have no idea what vehicles you have.
B. I have have no idea what your driving record is like.
D. I have no idea what your occupation is.
C. I have no idea how your particular carrier underwrites you and the state guidelines of where you live that mandate your coverage.

It sounds like your transgressions about insurance rates revolve around unanswered questions about your coverages that your current agent is not answering for you or you did not question with them.




Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Spoken like a true insurance agent. Good job!
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:13 PM   #33
Ohio Snake
 
Ohio Snake's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS, 2012 Shelby GT500
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 87
Well, thank you for the compliment. Glad I could help.

Aristophanes once said that "youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkness is sobered, but stupid last forever."


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Ohio Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:44 AM   #34
FireCracker
Banned
 
Drives: a car
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: not where i wanna be :)
Posts: 2,115
^^^^ only 12 posts and he already hates you babe? That's a new record
FireCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:09 AM   #35
PoorMansCamaro



 
PoorMansCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: Really Slow
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 55,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Spoken like a true insurance agent. Good job!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Snake View Post
Well, thank you for the compliment. Glad I could help.
__________________
PoorMansCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:51 AM   #36
MikeSVX
The magic smoke genie....
 
MikeSVX's Avatar
 
Drives: Jewels (2010 RJT 1SS)
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Escondido, CA
Posts: 2,294
Some insurance companies will base their costs on the amount of accidents that a certain vehicle is involved in. The Fiesta, being a cheaper car will attract younger, less exspierenced drivers then the Camaro. Based on that the Fiesta is most likely involved in accidents more often then the Camaro. I think this is a stupid way of adjusting insurance rates, but its the way some of them do it.
MikeSVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:16 PM   #37
Ohio Snake
 
Ohio Snake's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS, 2012 Shelby GT500
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSVX View Post
Some insurance companies will base their costs on the amount of accidents that a certain vehicle is involved in. The Fiesta, being a cheaper car will attract younger, less exspierenced drivers then the Camaro. Based on that the Fiesta is most likely involved in accidents more often then the Camaro. I think this is a stupid way of adjusting insurance rates, but its the way some of them do it.
That is so true.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Ohio Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:19 PM   #38
AdamZ
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fairfield, OH
Posts: 11,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patr57ick View Post
I hate you Adam



Quote:
Originally Posted by FireCracker View Post
^^^^ only 12 posts and he already hates you babe? That's a new record
That's a bot babe
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
( . y . )

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.