Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Flowmaster Exhaust
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 06-13-2013, 12:54 AM   #1
Krazyt2528

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS CRT
Car cover

Hey guys. Was looking for a car cover just to really keep the dust of the ride while it sits in the garage for the next 6 months. Some questions. Since the car cover will be touching the paint, will it scratch it and which car cover do you guys recommend. Do not want a cheap one that will in return hurt the car. Thanks
Krazyt2528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:14 AM   #2
t&t moyer
It's all hers.

Drives: 13' SS/RS 1LE / 09' Hayabusa
I bought a GM cover for ours off of eBay. There's a ton of options and selections but this works great for me.

Old 06-13-2013, 01:32 AM   #3
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Get the GM cover shown in the above post, it works absolutely perfect for what you are looking for, as long as your Camaro is completely clean when you put the cover on, there will be no scratches
Old 06-13-2013, 05:45 AM   #4
BiggFoot

Drives: 2010 Camaro (M6) 711 RWHP/680 RWTQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazyt2528 View Post
Hey guys. Was looking for a car cover just to really keep the dust of the ride while it sits in the garage for the next 6 months. Some questions. Since the car cover will be touching the paint, will it scratch it and which car cover do you guys recommend. Do not want a cheap one that will in return hurt the car. Thanks
California Custom Car Covers are awesome and no they wont scratch the car. I keep my covered all of the time and a 5 min wipe down makes it look new even though it is a 2010. Get ready to shell out some $$$ though because they are not cheap.

Name:  22.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  224.8 KB
Inline Booster Fuel Pump @ WOT & Lingenfelter 65 Lb Fuel Injectors
DSS 9” Conversion (axles, driveshaft, pumpkin) & Strange center section w/4.11 gears
D2 Forged CV2 Wheels (22 x 9.0” - 22 x 11.5”)
Centerforce Dyad Dual Disc Clutch
Alky Control Methanol System & AIS Tank
BiggFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:03 AM   #5
Tecca

Drives: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggFoot View Post
California Custom Car Covers are awesome and no they wont scratch the car. I keep my covered all of the time and a 5 min wipe down makes it look new even though it is a 2010. Get ready to shell out some $$$ though because they are not cheap.

Attachment 522897
This is what I have and love it. I keep the inside of my cover as clean as possible and never had a issue with it scratching. I believe it is how you put it on and off that scratches it.
Tecca is offline   Reply With Quote