Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-13-2013, 06:10 AM   #15
OzzySS

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieG View Post
it's been a love/hate for me and mylink.. i love that it's a screen in my car(a first for me) and that i can use my phone with it, but i hate the problems I've run into:

-lag

-sometimes when hooking up my iPhone it will display information on the screen, but the sound only comes through phone speakers... no idea

-on navigation i cancel route and try to input a new address but the icon is ghosted and unselectable.. i haven't figured out what makes it do this yet, and i resort to using my phone gps hooked up to mylink to guide me

-I've had a display message something along the lines of "unable to sync with device" it would only play the songs in alphabetical order and you couldn't skip... all you could press was the steering wheel volume control.. anything else would send it back to radio... this crap drove me crazy for a month... i had just downloaded a new song off iTunes and this popped up.. i tried to reboot my phone, upgraded iOS nothing... until the month was over and i found that i could change the songs on the phone itself, but not through car controls (haven't had this happen yet on my SS)

--end rant--

I've heard that the 2014's are going to be integrated with Apple systems... i'm super jealous already not even knowing the details
Couple of thoughts...
When hooking up your phone and getting that sync message, are you sure you made a good connection with the apple side of the cord? Maybe the connectors got dirty?

With the nav issue, did you have your handbrake engaged when you were trying to put in a new route? This is a pretty standard safety feature with nav systems, and it's in mylink as well. If you had the brake engaged, I'd guess it's a software issue and you should get it flashed at a dealer.

OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:15 AM   #16
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Muchmark View Post
Mylink isn't that good. It does alot but the controls are strangely placed. I keep hitting the SOURCE button whenever I want to change the volume because they are so close together. And the voice recognition is junk. A Software update that connects mylink to Apple SIRI is due for the Camaro soon I heard. I can't wait.
Call me confused but how is this a MyLink issue?
Old 06-13-2013, 07:04 AM   #17
ka1

Drives: 2011 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieG View Post
it's been a love/hate for me and mylink.. i love that it's a screen in my car(a first for me) and that i can use my phone with it, but i hate the problems I've run into:

-lag

-sometimes when hooking up my iPhone it will display information on the screen, but the sound only comes through phone speakers... no idea

-on navigation i cancel route and try to input a new address but the icon is ghosted and unselectable.. i haven't figured out what makes it do this yet, and i resort to using my phone gps hooked up to mylink to guide me

-I've had a display message something along the lines of "unable to sync with device" it would only play the songs in alphabetical order and you couldn't skip... all you could press was the steering wheel volume control.. anything else would send it back to radio... this crap drove me crazy for a month... i had just downloaded a new song off iTunes and this popped up.. i tried to reboot my phone, upgraded iOS nothing... until the month was over and i found that i could change the songs on the phone itself, but not through car controls (haven't had this happen yet on my SS)

--end rant--

I've heard that the 2014's are going to be integrated with Apple systems... i'm super jealous already not even knowing the details
They have a commercial with a Sonic that has that so I guess it will get to Camaro's soon
ka1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:35 AM   #18
suzook

Drives: camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
They have a commercial with a Sonic that has that so I guess it will get to Camaro's soon
I wouldn't count on it...sonics system is more advanced than ours....go figure.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:39 AM   #19
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2003 GMC Envoy/2007 Ford F-150
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
I wouldn't count on it...sonics system is more advanced than ours....go figure.
Not really. The headunit is different but it has no native navigation at all. It's tied to a smartphone.

2003 GMC Envoy SLE - Airaid Cold Air Intake, Gibson Performance Catback Exhaust
2007 Ford F-150 XL SuperCab (State-issued)
FenwickHockey65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:38 AM   #20
turbolvr321

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
I like my MyLink.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:05 AM   #21
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Just got MyLink updated so the rear view camera displays symbols when backing up. The symbols are actually pretty cool. They display in the section of the screen where the danger is, they also get bigger and change from yellow to red as you get closer. In my pic below is show in the center, but will move to the left or the right as needed.

Sent from my 2SS/RS
Old 06-13-2013, 10:39 AM   #22
snaphappy

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS2/RS LS3
So jealous of the backup camera! 2011 here
snaphappy is offline   Reply With Quote