Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Camaro Convertible Forum For all Camaro Convertible specific discussions

Old 06-12-2013, 06:40 PM   #26
whidobie

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible 2SS RS
Everything is normal just like the convertible tops.
whidobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:05 PM   #27
sswiss3000

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS Vert, L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam62 View Post
Explain "wire them open". I was going to find some to weld them open. If I can "wire them open" myself I would rather go that route first.
Cam62,

As I just wanted to see what it would sound with the baffles open, I simply took a long wire and wrapped one end around one of the metal tabs on the out side of the Springs. Then I manually twisted the valve open and strapped the other end of the wire to the exhaust hook at the very back end of the car. This way the wire holds the valve at the open position

Admittingly, this method could be considered a "bit" low tech , but it works and can be easily reversed at any time.
sswiss3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:21 AM   #28
pannhead51

Drives: 2SS convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by sswiss3000 View Post
Cam62,

As I just wanted to see what it would sound with the baffles open, I simply took a long wire and wrapped one end around one of the metal tabs on the out side of the Springs. Then I manually twisted the valve open and strapped the other end of the wire to the exhaust hook at the very back end of the car. This way the wire holds the valve at the open position

Admittingly, this method could be considered a "bit" low tech , but it works and can be easily reversed at any time.
So was the sound louder/better ?
pannhead51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:29 AM   #29
fab410
@fabSSbuild on IG

Drives: 2012 Twin Turbo Super Sport
How would i fix the exhaust rattle noise??? I have an aftermarket exhaust and it still rattles at idle & low speeds

AGP Twin Turbo, FAST lsxR manifold, ID850's, Squash Return Style Fuel System, ZL1 Bumper/Side Skirts/Hood/Carbon Insert, Havoc Rear Diffuser, PFADT Coilovers/Sway Bars/Adj. Tie Rods/Solid Subframe Bushings/Trailing Arms, Eboost2, SW Retro Chambered 3" Catback, R1 Concept Drilled/Slotted Rotors, 360 Forged Straight 5's, Matte Metallic Purple Wrap, Anvil Carbon Spoiler, Full AAC Lighting, etc
fab410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:33 PM   #30
sswiss3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannhead51 View Post
So was the sound louder/better ?

Well, As long as you have the AFM active it does make some odd noises when it kicks in. For me the engine seemed to exhale a bit less restricted, but not worth it as long as AFM is active.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:35 PM   #31
sswiss3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by fab410 View Post
How would i fix the exhaust rattle noise??? I have an aftermarket exhaust and it still rattles at idle & low speeds

The dealer will simply install two "O" rings around each spring. The source of the rattle noise is the spring it self. So their solution is to put two o rings around each spring which keeps it from bouncing back and forth when they are closed (not under tension).