Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 06-07-2013, 09:10 PM   #51
KJS
'15 C7 W/ROUND LIGHTS

Drives: '10 in RJT; 95 Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMYarb View Post
Ditch the GPS, buy an atlas, veer off the interstate and take the two lane highways.
Ditto - Drove cross country many years ago. Wish I did more "back road" driving, but never regretted it for a minute.

Even if you don't enjoy every minute of it, then as a once in a lifetime opportunity, you can cross it off your bucket list.

Do it!

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 04:56 PM   #52
RJT Impala
Stovebolt BluFlame 6

Drives: '12 2LT/RS, IBM; '14 Malibu LTZ
Like everyone else, I say drive--and especially the section of I-70 from Denver west. I grew up in the area of I-70 as it crosses the wastelands of Utah; spent weekends off-roading in that area before they built I-70, and it was almost impossible to get into and out of it without 4-wheel drive. There are still places that are wilderness red-rock areas. A trip thru there will make you appreciate the new Camaro Red Rock Metallic paint color.
RJT Impala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:45 PM   #53
TDevilsG

Drives: 2012 2SS Victory Red L99
Well guys I am certainly settled on this, I'm definitely going to drive it across the country. It just seems like a wasted opportunity to see this beautiful country if I didn't drive it. I'm going to take the advice of everyone here and take I-70 for the majority of the trip, it cuts right through the middle of the country. I just need to start putting together the major stops to hit and where to find the hotels to stay for each night.
TDevilsG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:16 AM   #54
TastyBake

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyIBMssRS View Post
I think he's coming at it more from saving the wear and tear on your personal car. Like you said, you and everyone else can abuse a rental and give it back after the trip.

Personally, I'd love to do a cross country trip in my Camaro.

Off topic....Where did you get that Stevenson Motorsports slot car?!?! That's frickin sweet!
Wear and tear and mileage on your own personal car you're making payments on vs. a rental car.

I'd rent a comfortable vehicle so I can enjoy the trip.
TastyBake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:38 AM   #55
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: people crazy.
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
Make sure to put a full size Calgan car bra on your car and protect it as much as possible to maintain its aesthetic integrity. If you don't, you'll rock-chip and bug splatter that front bumper to oblivion. Then take it off once you arrive to your new home.

Might want to be extra safe and put on mirror covers too.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:59 AM   #56
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: I drive the green one
Quote:
Originally Posted by nUcLeArEnVoY View Post
Make sure to put a full size Calgan car bra on your car and protect it as much as possible to maintain its aesthetic integrity. If you don't, you'll rock-chip and bug splatter that front bumper to oblivion. Then take it off once you arrive to your new home.

+1 million.

There was a guy in a CAMARO club that had his CAMARO bumper torn to hell because if his Negligence. He rather spend the money on mods to compete with his friend.

If only you can have the side skirts and lower rear panel protecting by the bra to. Those areas are soft spots for chips
Old 06-09-2013, 12:00 PM   #57
Witchdoctor92

Drives: 2012 1SS Black with white rally str
I have not gone coast to coast, but I have gone from Pensacola to Roswell NM solo and it is lots of fun. Take a week or 10 days and a route through some cool places and enjoy the ride.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:56 PM   #58
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: people crazy.
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIM3 View Post
+1 million.

There was a guy in a CAMARO club that had his CAMARO bumper torn to hell because if his Negligence. He rather spend the money on mods to compete with his friend.

If only you can have the side skirts and lower rear panel protecting by the bra to. Those areas are soft spots for chips
Lol, I wonder of whom you speak.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:59 PM   #59
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: I drive the green one
Quote:
Lol, I wonder of whom you speak.
You know exactly lol
Old 06-13-2013, 12:00 PM   #60
MyIBMssRS

Drives: 10 IBM SS RS/12 RAV4
Quote:

3M sells a DIY spray-on clear bra that they say can be peeled off at any time and not damage the paint.

If it's legit it sounds like a great product. You can spray the whole front, the mirrors, the lower half of the doors, etc.
MyIBMssRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:07 PM   #61
Secret Squirrel

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS SOLD
I'm about to do the same thing in July and I'm pretty excited about it. I'll be headed from Florida to California. Driven across the country several times but never in my Camaro. Flying is boring, and uncomfortable anyway.