Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2013, 03:35 PM   #18
newmoon

 
newmoon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 5.0 Mustang, Brembo Track Pack
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 1,946
I had the same issues with a Monster Stage 3. The car was a PIA to drive, no fun at all unless it was under hard throttle. First Monster wanted me to go beat the hell out of the clutch and car, which did not help, then they wanted me to un-install the clutch so they could inspect it. Between the clutch and axle issues I became so frustrated with it and the reality that I had just wasted $1,000.00 on the Monster and now was looking at another $2,000.00 for the Slayer, and another $1,500.00 for axles, I sold the car. I knew I should have bought an automatic car
__________________
Presently Car-Less
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2012 Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline  
Old 06-13-2013, 04:09 PM   #19
The 2010 Sin
weaponsinc.com
 
The 2010 Sin's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Lifted 1500, 2013 2SS CRT
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 2,864
should've just bought a slayer. I almost sold my car because of monster clutch too. Waste of damn money.
__________________
The 2010 Sin is offline  
Old 06-13-2013, 10:20 PM   #20
blufin

 
blufin's Avatar
 
Drives: Fire Engine
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: WPB, Florida
Posts: 1,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
I had the same issues with a Monster Stage 3. The car was a PIA to drive, no fun at all unless it was under hard throttle. First Monster wanted me to go beat the hell out of the clutch and car, which did not help, then they wanted me to un-install the clutch so they could inspect it. Between the clutch and axle issues I became so frustrated with it and the reality that I had just wasted $1,000.00 on the Monster and now was looking at another $2,000.00 for the Slayer, and another $1,500.00 for axles, I sold the car. I knew I should have bought an automatic car
That's a shame. It may have been a wash based on how big of a hit you took on the trade in vs the money to get the right clutch. Oh well. The past is the past.

On a different note: How do you like the 'Stang? Is it everything you hoped it would be?
__________________
12.618 @ 110.75 Bone Stock 1/4 mile
8.165 @ 86.52 Bone Stock 1/8 mile
11.189 @ 124.44 on a 1.73 60' TVS2300 3.4 pulley, JRE tuned, Kooks LT headers and HF cats, MBRP catback exhaust, CAI intake, ADM scoop. Stock wheels/tires.
Sold
blufin is offline  
Old 06-14-2013, 08:01 AM   #21
newmoon

 
newmoon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 5.0 Mustang, Brembo Track Pack
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 1,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by blufin View Post
That's a shame. It may have been a wash based on how big of a hit you took on the trade in vs the money to get the right clutch. Oh well. The past is the past.

On a different note: How do you like the 'Stang? Is it everything you hoped it would be?
You might be right in the wash. But at the time I was so frustrated I didn't want to sink another penny into the car. I bought the 5.0 used for a very nice price. Had the car for only 2-months. While it was a fun car the MT82 transmission was garbage and it was going to take voiding the warranty to correct the issues. I could see the transmission and clutch issues starting all over again. In comparing the SS to the 5.0 I liked the SS much better.

My next car will be an automatic, maybe a SS, Zl1, or another 392 Challenger. For the way I like to drive and race the 6-speed just isn't for me.
__________________
Presently Car-Less
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2012 Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline  
Old 06-14-2013, 09:33 AM   #22
H-E
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 zr1 Camaro 2011 vert
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: everywhere
Posts: 1,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
You might be right in the wash. But at the time I was so frustrated I didn't want to sink another penny into the car. I bought the 5.0 used for a very nice price. Had the car for only 2-months. While it was a fun car the MT82 transmission was garbage and it was going to take voiding the warranty to correct the issues. I could see the transmission and clutch issues starting all over again. In comparing the SS to the 5.0 I liked the SS much better.

My next car will be an automatic, maybe a SS, Zl1, or another 392 Challenger. For the way I like to drive and race the 6-speed just isn't for me.
Man I wish we could have helped you. On a side note that dodge ran 12.40s stock dang killer time with that low of a mph I like those cars but was waiting on the convertible
H-E is offline  
Old 06-14-2013, 09:40 AM   #23
The 2010 Sin
weaponsinc.com
 
The 2010 Sin's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Lifted 1500, 2013 2SS CRT
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 2,864
Really sorry to hear monster clutch made you want to sell your car it was so bad. That's completely unacceptable in my opinion. Thought about suing but there is no buyer protection from this type of situation. There should be because its RIDICULOUS. And were just a few people that have spoken out.
__________________
The 2010 Sin is offline  
Old 06-14-2013, 10:00 AM   #24
newmoon

 
newmoon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 5.0 Mustang, Brembo Track Pack
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 1,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by H-E View Post
Man I wish we could have helped you. On a side note that dodge ran 12.40s stock dang killer time with that low of a mph I like those cars but was waiting on the convertible
Out of the 3 cars the 392 was clearly my favorite. The car was really quick. I am pretty sure it is capable of stock 12:20s as a few others have done. My quickest runs were with TC on which gave me high 1:80-1:90 60' times, with it off the best I could do is 2:05. It took me awhile to figure out that I wasn't faster than the computer . Had I been able to launch it properly with out computer nannies who knows what it would have run.
__________________
Presently Car-Less
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2012 Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline  
Old 06-14-2013, 08:42 PM   #25
The 2010 Sin
weaponsinc.com
 
The 2010 Sin's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Lifted 1500, 2013 2SS CRT
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 2,864
Oh well.. maybe a ZL1 someday!?!?! :-)
__________________
The 2010 Sin is offline  
Old 06-14-2013, 09:21 PM   #26
H-E
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 zr1 Camaro 2011 vert
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: everywhere
Posts: 1,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
Out of the 3 cars the 392 was clearly my favorite. The car was really quick. I am pretty sure it is capable of stock 12:20s as a few others have done. My quickest runs were with TC on which gave me high 1:80-1:90 60' times, with it off the best I could do is 2:05. It took me awhile to figure out that I wasn't faster than the computer . Had I been able to launch it properly with out computer nannies who knows what it would have run.
That's really impresive
H-E is offline  
Old 06-14-2013, 11:36 PM   #27
jamesr
 
jamesr's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro ss
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Topeka,Kansas
Posts: 128
Ordered a billet twin carbon today,Thomas was very helpful answered all my ? will let you all know how install and driving is ,cant wait to get the monster out!
jamesr is offline  
Old 06-15-2013, 07:46 AM   #28
H-E
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 zr1 Camaro 2011 vert
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: everywhere
Posts: 1,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesr View Post
Ordered a billet twin carbon today,Thomas was very helpful answered all my ? will let you all know how install and driving is ,cant wait to get the monster out!
Thanks for the order!!! Looking forward to your review
H-E is offline  
Old 06-15-2013, 10:34 AM   #29
The 2010 Sin
weaponsinc.com
 
The 2010 Sin's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Lifted 1500, 2013 2SS CRT
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 2,864
James that is awesome news!!
__________________
The 2010 Sin is offline  
Old 06-15-2013, 06:23 PM   #30
Ironmancan
Bite my shiny metal ass
 
Drives: Pontiac GTO
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Tampa
Posts: 3
This is an interesting thread. I had the Street slayer carbon carbon twin but I over powered it and it started to slip. 2006 GTO twin turbo a 830whp/810wtq with 3.07 gears and 14lbs of boost. Car is headed to the mile next year where I'll be turning up the boost closer if not a tad over the 1k hp/tq mark.

While doing my homework on a good triple I contacted Monster to see what they had to offer their triple is rated for 12/1500whp but I got the distinct impression I was going to be the guinea pig and I'm not into that kind of thing. The only good reviews ive read about their twin is from guys pushing about 450whp. I'm pretty sure any twin will hold that power.

After all was said and done I got the street slayer carbon carbon triple and I couldn't be happier. My wife still enjoys driving the car in Tampa traffic, very street friendly piece. When I pulled the carbon carbon twin it looked as good as when I put it in. It's now in a 640hp vette running around tearing up the pavement without issue and Helped me recoup a couple of bucks.

I'm a noob here and I'm not in a Camaro I'm mainly here looking at a replacement transmission for my T56 Ive heard some good and not so good things about your transmissions and how they perform once built so ill get back to doing my research and reading your tranny threads

Rick
__________________
Ironmancan is offline  
Old 06-15-2013, 08:16 PM   #31
The 2010 Sin
weaponsinc.com
 
The 2010 Sin's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Lifted 1500, 2013 2SS CRT
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 2,864
Awesome input from someone with a GTO! Glad to hear they're badass for those as well. I bet the triple is ridiculous! Does the Triple engage like the twin?
__________________
The 2010 Sin is offline  
Old 06-16-2013, 11:38 AM   #32
Ironmancan
Bite my shiny metal ass
 
Drives: Pontiac GTO
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Tampa
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 2010 Sin View Post
Awesome input from someone with a GTO! Glad to hear they're badass for those as well. I bet the triple is ridiculous! Does the Triple engage like the twin?
Street manners are the same. Very easy clutch to drive easy or hard. Ill post up a few pics without doing a thread hijack I've gone thru alot of clutches trying to get the right one. This is a street car so I didn't want an on and off switch. I wanted something that could handle the power and be driven on the street without issue. This really is a great piece and after spending a few k on clutches this is well worth the price IMOP. Now I can worry about other things and not my clutch.



__________________

Last edited by Ironmancan; 06-16-2013 at 11:52 AM.
Ironmancan is offline  
Old 06-16-2013, 01:10 PM   #33
RRTX-SS
 
RRTX-SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: East, Tx
Posts: 241
holy crap...... man im glad you started this thread last friday my twin centerforce showed its end is near. it started slipping and although its been a great clutch i know there better out there and i was almost to the point of buying the monster triple disc, but im feeling a little hesitant bout the monster products now.....
__________________
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
416 CI M6-LS3 Kenne Bell 3.6, Livernois Dual Fuel Pump Kit w/KB BAP, Futral Motorsports Blower Cam, SW 2"Headers, Zl1 Dual Mode Exhaust, Street Slayer Billet Twin-Disc Clutch,PFADT lowering springs and sway bars, Iforged Classic Wheels, AI Meth Injection, rx dual checkvalve catchcan, Innovators West 8-Rib pulley setup....690RWHP/701RWTQ @ 10 PSI-CALIBRATED BY KARGER @ SNL PERFORMANCE

1995 Camaro Z28 LT1 M6
383 Fully Forged shortblock
RRTX-SS is offline  
Old 06-16-2013, 01:37 PM   #34
H-E
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 zr1 Camaro 2011 vert
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: everywhere
Posts: 1,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRTX-SS View Post
holy crap...... man im glad you started this thread last friday my twin centerforce showed its end is near. it started slipping and although its been a great clutch i know there better out there and i was almost to the point of buying the monster triple disc, but im feeling a little hesitant bout the monster products now.....
With the Street Slayer when it finally goes,with its surface area it will last a LONG LONG time,but it can be rebuilt for a fraction of the cost of a new clutch...If I can help you out give me a call anytime.
H-E is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.