Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

autoguy
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old 06-04-2013, 06:32 PM   #626
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP

Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
I can't wait to hear some stories about you racing at the track . This car is a damn monster. I'm sorry to hear about the roadblocks, but hopefully they'll be sorted out soon, and you'll be crushing some competition in no time .

Everything is going good with the new change, and I've been studying as much as I can. I can't delve deep into everything until the car sells. I can't have any payments on anything for this change, so the more money I free up the better. I would love to keep it though .
Yeah for now probably just some track rentals till I can scratch together the cash for a rpm cage. Yeah it'll get fixed its just tough not having your own space with enough tools to diagnose. I have to take it somewhere for them to diagnose, time consuming process.

Thats good man getting a head start on everything so when your ready your prepared. How goes the selling process? Anything coming up local? Try Ebay? Of course I think you should keep it
VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:28 PM   #627
VanquisherSS

After some deductive reasoning I don't think there is much wrong with the gforce diff. I think on the pulls I did coming home the clutch let go finally and potentially doing some damage to the trans. Or I have transmission damage. At this point I might as well do both the trans and the clutch but sadly I have other obligations to make this summer. Looks like sta-bil and a battery tender now.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:27 AM   #628
TRC-SS
TIM "COTW 2-25-13"

Drives: 2011 SuperCharged 567RWHP SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanquisherSS View Post
After some deductive reasoning I don't think there is much wrong with the gforce diff. I think on the pulls I did coming home the clutch let go finally and potentially doing some damage to the trans. Or I have transmission damage. At this point I might as well do both the trans and the clutch but sadly I have other obligations to make this summer. Looks like sta-bil and a battery tender now.

That sucks bud
Old 06-07-2013, 11:42 AM   #629
VanquisherSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRC-SS View Post

That sucks bud
Yeah I didn't expect it to last forever, just needed it to last a bit longer than it did. Most likely the pulls on nitrous did it in, 810ft/tq no joke at 3k rpm. I got my new wheels from 360 Forged on a side note, kind of a kick to the nuts since I can't drive it.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:31 PM   #630
TRC-SS
TIM "COTW 2-25-13"

Quote:
Yeah I didn't expect it to last forever, just needed it to last a bit longer than it did. Most likely the pulls on nitrous did it in, 810ft/tq no joke at 3k rpm. I got my new wheels from 360 Forged on a side note, kind of a kick to the nuts since I can't drive it.
That figures.

Im doing one more round of motor mods in about 1.5-2 years and ill be around 650ish RWHP and that will be it for me.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:06 PM   #631
VanquisherSS

Quote:
That figures.

Im doing one more round of motor mods in about 1.5-2 years and ill be around 650ish RWHP and that will be it for me.
Thats a good plan man. 650whp on the street is more than plenty haha. How are you enjoying it so far now?
Old 06-10-2013, 04:32 PM   #632
VanquisherSS

So my 360 Forged Wheels GT Split 9s Have Arrived. No teaser shots until the pro shoot so stay tuned for the first camaro rolling on a set of these.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:15 PM   #633
TRC-SS
TIM "COTW 2-25-13"

Quote:
Thats a good plan man. 650whp on the street is more than plenty haha. How are you enjoying it so far now?
Ita absolutely awesome....but leaves you wanting more!!!

I basically skipped all the things most people do first. Headers, intake ect. So ill add that plus i nice cam and smaller pulley and call it a day. I cant imagine how fast that will be but i also want to be able to enjoy it and not be spinning everywhere!
Old 06-11-2013, 04:15 PM   #634
VanquisherSS

Quote:
Ita absolutely awesome....but leaves you wanting more!!!

I basically skipped all the things most people do first. Headers, intake ect. So ill add that plus i nice cam and smaller pulley and call it a day. I cant imagine how fast that will be but i also want to be able to enjoy it and not be spinning everywhere!
Haha it always does, just have to resist man!!

Yeah to be honest its nice probably to have a near stockish sounding car but with all the extra power. It gets crazy man honestly 500-600whp your border line streetable. Anything more you'll need to roll around on a drag radial. I'm hopelessly spinning I don't even know what it its like to run through 1-3 anymore lol.
Old 06-11-2013, 04:17 PM   #635
VanquisherSS

So I had the car checked out today, got a 90% clean bill of health overall. No clutch/transmission issues that were able to be replicated at the time. Diff is still leaking a bit out the vent tube which is confirmed and was a little low on fluid. So its ok to drive for now just keeping an eye on the level in the diff while we sort out this leak.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:39 PM   #636
TRC-SS
TIM "COTW 2-25-13"

Quote:
Haha it always does, just have to resist man!!

Yeah to be honest its nice probably to have a near stockish sounding car but with all the extra power. It gets crazy man honestly 500-600whp your border line streetable. Anything more you'll need to roll around on a drag radial. I'm hopelessly spinning I don't even know what it its like to run through 1-3 anymore lol.
Right now im 502RWHP and zero traction issues with 315/35/20 Vreds. I can be rolling at about 10mph with temps above roughly 55 and no tire spin. I love these tires.

Im sure things will change on my next round of mods in a few years, that will put me at roughly 650RWHP. But ive read people running Vreds with over 700RWhp and love them.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:55 PM   #637
laditee

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
So I had the car checked out today, got a 90% clean bill of health overall. No clutch/transmission issues that were able to be replicated at the time. Diff is still leaking a bit out the vent tube which is confirmed and was a little low on fluid. So its ok to drive for now just keeping an eye on the level in the diff while we sort out this leak.
Yesssss I'm so happy it wasn't as serious as u thought it would be...I no ur glad...VANQUISHER is back on the road
Old 06-11-2013, 07:11 PM   #638
VanquisherSS

Quote:
Right now im 502RWHP and zero traction issues with 315/35/20 Vreds. I can be rolling at about 10mph with temps above roughly 55 and no tire spin. I love these tires.

Im sure things will change on my next round of mods in a few years, that will put me at roughly 650RWHP. But ive read people running Vreds with over 700RWhp and love them.
Thats pretty sweet man that sounds like an awesome tire. I was going to order a set of 4 for my new wheels but my back tires are still good so I'm gonna run those out first and put vreds on the front.

Yeah the more you go up especially with your blower the torque is gonna be crazy and then you'll start roasting the tires lol.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:13 PM   #639
VanquisherSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by laditee View Post
Yesssss I'm so happy it wasn't as serious as u thought it would be...I no ur glad...VANQUISHER is back on the road
Indeed I am pretty happy. I noticed the leak is still pretty prevelent so i'm going to keep the driving to a minimum until we square that away. Doesn't seem as serious as I thought now but as we dig deeper into the leak we shall see. . I got her aligned again after all of this drivetrain stuff installed she drove great today.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:25 PM   #640
laditee

Quote:
Indeed I am pretty happy. I noticed the leak is still pretty prevelent so i'm going to keep the driving to a minimum until we square that away. Doesn't seem as serious as I thought now but as we dig deeper into the leak we shall see. . I got her aligned again after all of this drivetrain stuff installed she drove great today.

Lets keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best
Old 06-13-2013, 10:27 AM   #641
VanquisherSS

Just wanted to update the thread with some pics taken from a show:

Old 06-13-2013, 11:17 AM   #642
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
Car looks so good man! Glad you are able to drive it again.

Excuse my inexperienced thought, but woulding it leak out of the vent if you overfilled the diff? I thought that was part of the point of the vent. Maybe it just had to much in it.

Either way, those car show pics are bad ass!
Old 06-13-2013, 12:25 PM   #643
VanquisherSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
Car looks so good man! Glad you are able to drive it again.

Excuse my inexperienced thought, but woulding it leak out of the vent if you overfilled the diff? I thought that was part of the point of the vent. Maybe it just had to much in it.

Either way, those car show pics are bad ass!
Thanks man! Appreciate the kind words . Normally yes it would just vent out the excess from the tube but usually there is a baffle in the top that keeps it from just pushing fluid out. It seems like when the diff heats up its just pushing fluid out. When it was inspected last it was low on fluid so it leads me to believe it keeps pushing fluid out for some reason.

We'll get to the bottom of it shortly . Then I just need some proper tire to get some track times.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:22 PM   #644
laditee

Vanquisher looks straight badass...beautiful shots...BTW what show was that..u coulda let a sista no
Old 06-13-2013, 04:03 PM   #645
VanquisherSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by laditee View Post
Vanquisher looks straight badass...beautiful shots...BTW what show was that..u coulda let a sista no
Haha thanks! Actually those were from Tune-Time. The guy took some great shots of laditee as well.

I'm looking for the next show, I'm gonna try and get my new wheels on next week. I have to order new front tires for the car the ones on there now are burned out. Rears are good so I'm gonna swap them to the new wheels and run them out.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:00 PM   #646
VanquisherSS

Sneak Peak Of the wheels . Ordering Tires soon and hope to have them on shortly.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:16 PM   #647
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
I likey the wheels...can't wait to see the new shoes as well....

Kurt ABL99...
Old 06-18-2013, 04:28 PM   #648
VanquisherSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablueL99 View Post
I likey the wheels...can't wait to see the new shoes as well....

Kurt ABL99...
Thanks Kurt, I probably should have bought the tires through 360 and just had them come with the tires. Oh well.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:28 PM   #649
VanquisherSS

Had an awesome time today at ECS's Open House. Thanks to them for putting on a great time, the car cruise was awesome went through the pine barrens of south jersey, no cops, nice roads, and I was really able to stretch the cars legs against some other high HP cars. .

I took home highest HP on the dyno challenge and I was voted best camaro at the show! Awesome stuff it was a great day and I met a lot of great people which is always what I find to be the most enjoyable thing about these get togethers.

Old 06-22-2013, 11:47 PM   #650
VanquisherSS

Also here are some pics I took and I also took a gopro video during the cruise, I'll have to get that up!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9683569...7634276721232/

Tags
camaro of the week