Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Fabberge
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2013, 08:11 PM   #26
CamaroDreams07
Black Belt Shinemaster
 
CamaroDreams07's Avatar
 
Drives: Shinier than yours
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: East Lansing, MI
Posts: 9,162
Took notes as I watched part 1:

Muttonchops and goatee- I hate this guy already
He said "fave"- see above
Working in direct sunlight- stupid
Abrasive sponges are never necessary and cause tons of damage
"clean water and dirty water" lol
"normally aspirated" lol
No suds at all- swirl city
Way too much pressure
Second mitt is actually a good idea
"your car makes more black stuff because your tune is too rich"
Clay bars don't remove imperfections
Clay bars don't remove anything when you use them like that
Chamois are garbage, let's move past the 1980s tech.
He actually vacuums properly. So that's something
__________________
Find my reviews helpful? Consider making a donation to the supply/beer fund
CamaroDreams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:57 PM   #27
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro
 
AmericanMuscleCars's Avatar
 
Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
Took notes as I watched part 1:

Muttonchops and goatee- I hate this guy already
He said "fave"- see above
Working in direct sunlight- stupid
Abrasive sponges are never necessary and cause tons of damage
"clean water and dirty water" lol
"normally aspirated" lol
No suds at all- swirl city
Way too much pressure
Second mitt is actually a good idea
"your car makes more black stuff because your tune is too rich"
Clay bars don't remove imperfections
Clay bars don't remove anything when you use them like that
Chamois are garbage, let's move past the 1980s tech.
He actually vacuums properly. So that's something
Thats why I love it when you answer!
AmericanMuscleCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:29 PM   #28
JimE


 
JimE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 2,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanMuscleCars View Post
Pray for this corvette. CamaroDreams07 needs to track it down and give it some good ole TLC. Shall we start a donation plate?!?!
But not the whole car, just like a quarter of the hood...just so he can see the difference.
__________________
Perm-a-grin in place.....
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:14 PM   #29
Tecca
.
 
Drives: ...
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: ...
Posts: 1,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
Took notes as I watched part 1:

Muttonchops and goatee- I hate this guy already
He said "fave"- see above
Working in direct sunlight- stupid
Abrasive sponges are never necessary and cause tons of damage
"clean water and dirty water" lol
"normally aspirated" lol
No suds at all- swirl city
Way too much pressure
Second mitt is actually a good idea
"your car makes more black stuff because your tune is too rich"
Clay bars don't remove imperfections
Clay bars don't remove anything when you use them like that
Chamois are garbage, let's move past the 1980s tech.
He actually vacuums properly. So that's something
Man I can't wait for you to do video 2. It gets worse lol. Brilliant post Matt
Tecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:39 PM   #30
CamaroDreams07
Black Belt Shinemaster
 
CamaroDreams07's Avatar
 
Drives: Shinier than yours
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: East Lansing, MI
Posts: 9,162
Lol I also posted that list as a comment on his video.
__________________
Find my reviews helpful? Consider making a donation to the supply/beer fund
CamaroDreams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:52 PM   #31
CamaroDreams07
Black Belt Shinemaster
 
CamaroDreams07's Avatar
 
Drives: Shinier than yours
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: East Lansing, MI
Posts: 9,162
Part 2

Already tired of this intro animation
Built in Autozone ad? Classy
The wheels would've been much better off if left on the car..and then driven far away from you
See how quickly he runs out of detailing stuff to talk about. Adderall
Yeah use a brush on your "one-off" custom wheels. Sweet
George would shit himself if he saw what you were doing to those wheels
You don't "apply" polish
If you don't use cheap walmart products they're labeled correctly
That's not polishing. What a bald moron
Wipe on-wipe off polish. Wow.
Need to buy Mo a bigger shirt
Looks like a fat Roshan.
Jeweling with a yellow pad. Mo is as bad as Baldy
Lol @ Rain-X. Nothing else needs to be said
Notice how much he says "Let's see what happens" while he's "educating" us?
Oh, now it's a compound. Made a big deal of it being a polish a minute ago.
Wax doesn't haze
Look how disgusting that interior dressing looks
Moron. Those lips aren't polished.
My detailing tip is please don't ever touch a car again
__________________
Find my reviews helpful? Consider making a donation to the supply/beer fund
CamaroDreams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:28 PM   #32
ChadG

 
ChadG's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 1,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
Part 2


The wheels would've been much better off if left on the car..and then driven far away from you

Looks like a fat Roshan.
Poor Roshan
ChadG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:50 PM   #33
Tecca
.
 
Drives: ...
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: ...
Posts: 1,359
LMFAO Matt I don't think you missed a thing. I still love the jeweling with a yellow pad the most.
Tecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:17 PM   #34
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro
 
AmericanMuscleCars's Avatar
 
Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,695
I feel bad for roshan, lol. Bahahahaha, this needs to be called what not to do, and just have people take notes all the time.
AmericanMuscleCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:23 PM   #35
charlietuna

 
charlietuna's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,200
I JUST PI$$ED MYSELF I LAUGHED SO HARD ...... made my day Matt thank you
__________________
Laus Deo
charlietuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:06 PM   #36
kostnkost
Roof expert detail noob
 
kostnkost's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 BRM 2LT RS
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 812
What a chooch

Quote:
Looks like a fat Roshan.
__________________
kostnkost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:10 AM   #37
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows
 
nUcLeArEnVoY's Avatar
 
Drives: people crazy.
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Homestead, FL
Posts: 3,283
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
His car probably wins boatloads of shows and he's also most likely revered as a detailing guru amongst normal car enthusiast circles. That's the sad truth to take away from all this. :|

In the Camaro club I was formerly a member of, we had a member with an IOM and at every show, I swear he would sit there with an Autozone microfiber just rubbing, rubbing, rubbing into his door/fender/what-have-you with QD for minutes at a time before moving onto the next panel. The force he applied made it look like his car cheated on him and he was trying to smother it. A couple years from now, staring into his paint will probably be like staring into a holographic Pokémon card.

And yet the dude displays upwards of 6+ trophies.

Dani knows of whom I speak.
__________________
nUcLeArEnVoY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:05 AM   #38
Tecca
.
 
Drives: ...
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: ...
Posts: 1,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by nUcLeArEnVoY View Post
His car probably wins boatloads of shows and he's also most likely revered as a detailing guru amongst normal car enthusiast circles. That's the sad truth to take away from all this. :|

In the Camaro club I was formerly a member of, we had a member with an IOM and at every show, I swear he would sit there with an Autozone microfiber just rubbing, rubbing, rubbing into his door/fender/what-have-you with QD for minutes at a time before moving onto the next panel. The force he applied made it look like his car cheated on him and he was trying to smother it. A couple years from now, staring into his paint will probably be like staring into a holographic Pokémon card.

And yet the dude displays upwards of 6+ trophies.

Dani knows of whom I speak.
That is the best thing I have read all week
Tecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:53 AM   #39
strych9
Gone Euro!
 
strych9's Avatar
 
Drives: 6spd Manual Mercedes
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 3,034
This thread is just awesome. Matt, come to Omaha and detail my car. I love you, man.
__________________
Bye bye, Bumblebee!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
strych9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:04 PM   #40
WiSSDiver

 
WiSSDiver's Avatar
 
Drives: 1968 Coupe, 2010 2SS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: WIsconsin
Posts: 1,243
I like the closing. "If you suck, I'm deleting your comment." Way to keep it classy mutton chop boy
__________________
WiSSDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:56 PM   #41
Tecca
.
 
Drives: ...
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: ...
Posts: 1,359
Umm, I am speechless right now. I was just re-watching some of ammo NYC youtube videos and guess who popped up that bald headed moron. What is Larry thinking standing next to him.




.
Tecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:40 AM   #42
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro
 
AmericanMuscleCars's Avatar
 
Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecca View Post
Umm, I am speechless right now. I was just re-watching some of ammo NYC youtube videos and guess who popped up that bald headed moron. What is Larry thinking standing next to him.




.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
AmericanMuscleCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:40 AM   #43
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.
 
ihaveacamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: #198
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Posts: 4,595
I believe ammo NYC is partly owned by Farrah if I'm not mistaken...

How's that for a plot twist.
__________________
Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.