Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old 11-17-2012, 03:12 PM   #26
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 14 Spark
7000 mile 5 month report

Today our car turned over 7000 miles. Tomorrow will be our 5 month anniversary of ownership.
We are still completely satisfied with this car. Still no real issues with the top. Top down times are getting rare. I have been spending more time driving with the top up lately and although it isn't as quiet as the coupe, the sound isn't so bad that it's annoying. No real wind noise, just road noise.
I am looking forward to spring and more top down driving enjoyment.

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:26 AM   #27
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

6 months and 7500 mile update

Today we have owned our Camaro for 6 months.
In the last month we only put 500 miles on it, lowest since purchased. Colder weather is the main reason. The car has been virtually flawless. We still love the car. Last Saturday I installed the ZL1 grill I bought off EBay. This week my ACS TL1 hood insert should arrive. Hopefully I will be able to get it painted and installed soon afterwards. So far the average MPG is holding steady at 20, my highest I have seen is 29, lowest is 17. We are already looking forward to warmer weather and more Top down driving enjoyment.

Merry Christmas to everyone, and may God bless you in 2013.
Tim

Old 02-23-2013, 08:32 PM   #28
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

8 months and 8,500 mile update

Well it's been a little over 8 months since we picked up Angrybird. I can happily report again, no problems with it in the last two months. I have installed my TL1 insert and have gotten many compliments on it. After I put it on I took some pictures of it and to of them are in my signature.
A couple days ago I ordered a new Axel back exhaust from Apex Chase the MRT V2. Next report I will give my impressions of it.
That's about it for now, just one more thing .....HURRY UP SPRING!

Old 04-16-2013, 05:28 PM   #29
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

10 month report

I missed reporting last month so I will cover the last two months with this one.
Since my last report our Camaro has turned over 11,000 miles and is now sitting on 11,700 miles. I did get to put the top down a couple times last month and this month I have driven it a lot with the top down. Probably 20 times over the last 3 weeks. The top is still operating flawlessly, no water leaks or anything so far. I check it after every rain storm.
Now my MRT V2 impressions. I have had my exhaust on for a while now and I love it 90% of the time. It sounds great most of the time and has some drone the other times but it is livable. It has gotten me to using the paddle shifters anytime I am driving around town because of the sound is so good. Unfortunately the side effect is less gas mileage.
Well that is my 10 month ownership report. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask.
Drive and enjoy your Camaro!!!

Old 06-15-2013, 09:18 AM   #30
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

One year, 13,000 mile update.

One year ago I started this thread about our trip to Rodgers Chevrolet in Woodhaven,Mi in our 2010 Bumblebee and our trip home in AngryBird.
(By the way how can I change the title from Big Red to AngryBird?)
This year has seen many changes in AngryBird from the day we picked it up until what it looks like today.
Through it all and the 13,000 miles we have put on the car (most of which have been driving with the top down) I can say this has been one of the most trouble free cars in the first year of ownership that I have had. The only issues were very minor ones, the rubber strip on the passengers side of the top came dislodged. It was fixed with one trip to the dealership that only took 30 minutes, the air box had a broken tab that they replaced and the dash bubbling that disappeared over the winter and has not returned.
We have experienced numerous heavy rains, high winds, snow and ice while either driving or parked in my driveway. Not one drip or leak in the top or water bag so far.
The car is running and performing as I expect. I did add a RX Catch Can, and Ported throttle body and the MRT V2 exhaust.
My opinion of this car on a scale of 1-10 is a 9.95. It does everything I want and it is a beautiful car and never fails to get compliments everywhere I take it.

Thanks again to Becky Doyle for going the extra mile for us before, during and after the sale of our car.
Tim
Attached Images

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 06-15-2013 at 09:29 AM.
Old 10-19-2013, 09:00 PM   #31
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

It has now been 17 months with Angrybird. On the 21st I will be dropping it off at the dealership for a complete top and frame replacement.
My only problem I have experienced with the top was a small piece of weatherstripping on the passenger's side came loose for the second time. While looking it over trying to determine the cause the top guy took some measurements and determined the frame on the passenger's side was bent slightly. My dealer agreed that the frame needed replacing but the regional service rep would have to look at it first. Much to my surprise the regional service rep did not even look at the car and agreed over the phone to replace the entire top and frame with the latest design.
Here I am keeping my fingers crossed the installation will go smoothly and I can report next month that it is perfect.
We are still completely satisfied with our Camaro and have enjoyed every one of the 16,850 miles.

Old 10-20-2013, 09:45 AM   #32
zandron263

Drives: 2011 2LT RS IOM Convertible
I just finished reading your build thread it's a nice story. Your Camaro is looking great. Good luck on the top replacement I am still on my original frame and canvas and I have a very early 2011 build (1/28/11). I have had two fifth bows replaced and got a four year extension on the top warranty. Like you I love this car and have no regrets in buying it. After almost 3 years of ownership we still get people telling us what a beautiful car it is almost every time I drive it. I am getting ready to start my own build thread just getting the pictures organized so I can put it together. I love to drive mine whenever I can we have 30,000 miles so far and its stored in the winter so we use it a lot when the weather is nice.
zandron263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 03:23 PM   #33
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Well in two days we will hit 17 months and 17,000 miles together and I am still happy as can be with the car even with the top replacement. I still need to get it adjusted to sit lower when down but otherwise it's great.
I was just going over the Mods I have done on this car since we got it. Mostly just Cosmetic things but that's just what I like to do. Here is the list of my mods that are still on the car ( I had others but have been taken off for various reasons ).

2012 Camaro mods
1. Emblempros 1LT emblems trunk, Grille, and interior
2. Emblempros 323 HP emblems
3. Emblempros Stainless Gill trim
4. Emblempros red door panel kick panels
5. GM quarter flares
6. Black out tail light panel
7. Ported Throttle Body
8. Reverse Hockey Stripes
9. Painted engine cover
10. Sequential turn signal adapter
11. 63 Nova 6 cylinder emblem on engine cover
12. Angrybird emblem on engine cover
13. ACS TL1 Hood insert
14. GM Camaro emblem on ACS water deflector
15. GM 45th Anniversary Emblem on ACS water deflector
16. GM4pack Console Guages
17. Hood cowl and ACS insert custom painted Satin Black
18. ZL1 Grille
19. MRT V2 Axel Back Exhaust
20. ACS T5 splitter

Old 12-18-2013, 04:34 PM   #34
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

1 1/2 years of Angrybird

Today it's been a year and a half since the faithful day we picked up Angrybird at Rodgers Chevrolet. Although the past couple month as have been rocky with the issues due to the top replacement I am still smiling every time I get in the car and start driving. It's the perfect treatment for the blues, top up or down there is just something about this car that makes me keep smiling.
Some may wonder how I can be so positive with my recent troubles. I guess it's just because I don't really blame the car as much as who was working on it. I am still sure that Chevy will eventually take care if me, I just need to keep my cool and keep pressure on them.
After 17,350 miles I am looking forward to many more fun miles with Angrybird!
Thanks again to Becky and the Gang at Rodgers, they are the best.

Old 02-17-2014, 08:52 PM   #35
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Well after a year and 8 months, and 17,800 miles things are doing great. I fixed a couple of the top issues with adjustments of the top stops and it is close to perfect right now. In the last couple weeks between snowstorms I have added a shift boot, dyed the dash stitching red and added a CAI today. I have a new shifter and knob ordered that should be here in the next couple weeks. Looking forward to spring and enjoying some top down driving again.
Attached Images

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 02-17-2014 at 09:16 PM.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:20 PM   #36
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Update, I installed my shifter and dyed the rest of the interior stitching red. It sure does improve the looks to the interior. It turned over 18,000 miles today and in the past week I have gotten to drive with the top down some. All is well now with the top.
Attached Images