Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
sjm autoprod
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2013, 08:48 AM   #15
Frank in MD
Raining Blood
 
Frank in MD's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: facebook
Posts: 2,683
I wax my car w/ the freshly sacrificed blood of a baby fur seal, nothing better.
__________________
Ordered 1/9/12 - Born 2/3/12 - Delivered 2/21/12 - '12 1SS/RS Summit White - TRADED.

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:19 AM   #16
2012-1822


 
2012-1822's Avatar
 
Drives: Black ZL1
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: City of Champions, Alabama
Posts: 3,700
I got a kid down the street who I'm about to hire to come help me wash my car. Help is key. I'm just going to get him to do the hard to get to for old people items, like wheels and exhaust. Honestly he's going to cut my whole yard for $20, so I can probably get him for the car for about $10.
__________________
Check out Alabama Camaros, for Camaro enthusiasts all around Alabama https://www.facebook.com/groups/1739...group_activity
2012-1822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:21 AM   #17
amz
Factory Correct
 
amz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Richmond,Virginia
Posts: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
...and somehow I have screwed up my left knee doing it. Hurts to walk. Hurt to drive- my car's a manual, lol

So here I am, not at work, icing my knee and wasting time on C5
Thats allright , I know a guy who broke his leg playing chess.

Hey, it was a tough move.
amz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:41 PM   #18
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan
 
Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 5,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
I got a kid down the street who I'm about to hire to come help me wash my car. Help is key. I'm just going to get him to do the hard to get to for old people items, like wheels and exhaust. Honestly he's going to cut my whole yard for $20, so I can probably get him for the car for about $10.

Not to be a smartass, but will he wash it in circular scrubbing motions? There's a wrong way to wash a car. Looks like any idiot can do it right but well...it's not so
__________________
ChrisBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:43 PM   #19
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan
 
Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 5,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
you can cut the time you spend washing and waxing substantially with new products that professional detailers are using these days....there are many sealants that can "wax" your car in 20 min as they are wipe on and walk away like how you use windex.

These are bonified products not "as seen on tv" crap and used by detailers every day...

two of the best are ultima paint guard and blackfire crystal seal. I "wax" my car in 20 min every 2-3 months with Blackfire...here is a recent pic after wiping on:



read here:
http://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-crystal-seal-8.html
http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/...w-product.html
What's durability like? Also, does it just shine well, or if tree sap gets on my car, will it protect the finish?
__________________
ChrisBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:45 PM   #20
2010 SSRS



 
2010 SSRS's Avatar
 
Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Ocean State
Posts: 111,211
where's the pics of your 4 hour wash and waxed SS
__________________
Jannetty Racing JRE Street Package
2010 SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:52 PM   #21
Glen e


 
Glen e's Avatar
 
Drives: Garnet 2LT RS, PCX 150
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Retired from Car Biz/Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 5,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
What's durability like? Also, does it just shine well, or if tree sap gets on my car, will it protect the finish?
it is a polymer sealant - it protects as well if not better than wax and goes on in 15 min every 60 days or so...look at my pic...this car spends it's life under trees...read the links I put up...
Glen e is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:56 PM   #22
CamaroDreams07


 
CamaroDreams07's Avatar
 
Drives: Slow V6
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: East Lansing, MI
Posts: 9,365
Nice OP-

There's no substitute for getting down and spending some time getting everything flawless once in a while. Not something you'd do every wash, but it is necessary every so often.
__________________
[B]
CamaroDreams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:35 PM   #23
swiftdog01
 
swiftdog01's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 IOM 2SS
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Somewhere Between Heaven & Hell
Posts: 113
Way to go!

I sprained my ankle once while washing and waxing my GP GT. Stepped in a hole in the stupid slanted driveway
swiftdog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:38 PM   #24
swiftdog01
 
swiftdog01's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 IOM 2SS
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Somewhere Between Heaven & Hell
Posts: 113
BTW, if anyone here is in Southeastern MA, and is looking for a good detailing shop, I highly recommend Driven Perfection. They are located in Weymouth, MA. They did an outstanding job on my car.
swiftdog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:14 PM   #25
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan
 
Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 5,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdog01 View Post
Way to go!

I sprained my ankle once while washing and waxing my GP GT. Stepped in a hole in the stupid slanted driveway
Thanks Paul. But don't forget, I also fell off your Grand Marquis while surfing.
__________________
ChrisBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:35 AM   #26
Rangore

 
Rangore's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS 45th Anniversary Ed
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
you can cut the time you spend washing and waxing substantially with new products that professional detailers are using these days....there are many sealants that can "wax" your car in 20 min as they are wipe on and walk away like how you use windex.

These are bonified products not "as seen on tv" crap and used by detailers every day...

two of the best are ultima paint guard and blackfire crystal seal. I "wax" my car in 20 min every 2-3 months with Blackfire...here is a recent pic after wiping on:



read here:
http://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-crystal-seal-8.html
http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/...w-product.html

Cool!
__________________
2012 Camaro 2SS 45th Anniversary Edition - No longer owned: 2010 Camaro 2LT, 1993 Camaro Z-28
Rangore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:15 PM   #27
swiftdog01
 
swiftdog01's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 IOM 2SS
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Somewhere Between Heaven & Hell
Posts: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
Thanks Paul. But don't forget, I also fell off your Grand Marquis while surfing.
True, that!

I miss the days of urban surfing.
swiftdog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:46 AM   #28
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan
 
Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 5,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdog01 View Post
True, that!

I miss the days of urban surfing.
I don't!
__________________
ChrisBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.