Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2013, 05:01 PM   #1
Rdunn
9.2@147mph
 
Rdunn's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: St.Louis,Mo
Posts: 637
Car goes in this week.

Car goes back to CBI&DSX this week(Thursday). car should be an animal when it comes out. going to be making a run for the top couple spots of the E.T list for power adder class.

parts being added on this week:

Rpm level 5 4L80e (good to 1000+hp)
precision single disc converter (1000hp) made with the car being bottled in mind.
Nitrous Outlet Dual Nozzle Dry system (100hp shot)
Alky Control Meth System
DSS one piece driveshaft
Squash Fuel system (will support 1000+hp)
Smaller whipple pulley (currently running a 3.875)
PCS Trans Controller
Weld RTS 17" bigs/Skinnies (black centers)



Mods already on the car:

2.9 Whipple
650 lift Comp Cam
ID850's
2" headers/x-pipe/magnaflow axel back
ARP Headstuds
LS3 Conversion
Rotofab CAI
Nitto Dr's (20")
Boost-a-pump
Trans-Cooler
Comp Rocker trunion upgrade
__________________
Procharger F1X, 4L80E, E85, CBI Street Cars, DSX Tuning
Rdunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 05:27 PM   #2
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 11,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdunn View Post
Car goes back to CBI&DSX this week(Thursday). car should be an animal when it comes out. going to be making a run for the top couple spots of the E.T list for power adder class.

parts being added on this week:

Rpm level 5 4L80e (good to 1000+hp)
precision single disc converter (1000hp) made with the car being bottled in mind.
Nitrous Outlet Dual Nozzle Dry system (100hp shot)
Alky Control Meth System
DSS one piece driveshaft
Squash Fuel system (will support 1000+hp)
Smaller whipple pulley (currently running a 3.875)
PCS Trans Controller
Weld RTS 17" bigs/Skinnies (black centers)



Mods already on the car:

2.9 Whipple
650 lift Comp Cam
ID850's
2" headers/x-pipe/magnaflow axel back
ARP Headstuds
LS3 Conversion
Rotofab CAI
Nitto Dr's (20")
Boost-a-pump
Trans-Cooler
Comp Rocker trunion upgrade
Sounds like an excellent plan. Long way from 11's to 9's.


What tires? Stock block?
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 05:37 PM   #3
SRT10KLLR

 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Down South
Posts: 1,498
Consider going to a triple disc converter if you are planning on big power. Everything else looks sweet.
__________________
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 RCSB Thunder Road Hemi Sport w/STS Turbo
2004 Dodge Ram SRT-10 - Silver - Stock
2003 Chevy 1500 RCSB Stepside 400SS - 408 in now awaiting Turbo
SRT10KLLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 05:41 PM   #4
Whipped416

 
Whipped416's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO SS
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,517
Will need 10 rib setup and built motor
Whipped416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 05:43 PM   #5
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 11,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipped416 View Post
Will need 10 rib setup and built motor
Or a broom and shovel to clean up the parts.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 05:54 PM   #6
Mr. Nasty
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
Mr. Nasty's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 RS/SS Rally Yellow & 68 SS
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Woodville,FL.
Posts: 1,739
Nice and why not a triple disc converter??? I run the FTI triple disc conv with my home built level 5 4L80E
__________________
Best @ 586/525 =10.41 @ 133
AS OF 12/13/14>633 RWHP =10.22@135
AS OF 1/31/15 @ 633 RWHP=10.16@135
AS OF 1/29/16 @ 633 RWHP=10.10@136
TOPED 700 PASSES AFTER F.I. AND STILL ON THE ORIGIANAL STOCK AXLE & DIFF
Mr. Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:45 PM   #7
Rdunn
9.2@147mph
 
Rdunn's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: St.Louis,Mo
Posts: 637
guys at rpm said the single disc would be better for it and that the triple would hurt 60' times. plus he said the single would be better for when the car is on the bottle. they are the experts so thats what i went with.
__________________
Procharger F1X, 4L80E, E85, CBI Street Cars, DSX Tuning

Last edited by Rdunn; 06-16-2013 at 11:23 PM.
Rdunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:53 PM   #8
Rdunn
9.2@147mph
 
Rdunn's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: St.Louis,Mo
Posts: 637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Sounds like an excellent plan. Long way from 11's to 9's.


What tires? Stock block?
its a jump, but im pretty confident in it. nothing is for sure till it runs it. thats why i said trying for a top spot.

i will be running 17" mt's. completly stock shortblock...minus cam. gonna see how fast i can go on it. going to order pistons, rods and a set of mast heads soon as the car gets back from this round of mods. but going to keep the stock cubic inches. i do alot of traveling with my drag radial car so i figure i will just bring the camaro with me to all the tracks also. lots more chances to refine the susp and keep knocking the times down. wont happen over night but i am coming for that number 1 spot.
__________________
Procharger F1X, 4L80E, E85, CBI Street Cars, DSX Tuning

Last edited by Rdunn; 06-16-2013 at 11:22 PM.
Rdunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:17 AM   #9
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 11,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdunn View Post
its a jump, but im pretty confident in it. nothing is for sure till it runs it. thats why i said trying for a top spot.

i will be running 17" mt's. completly stock shortblock...minus cam. gonna see how fast i can go on it. going to order pistons, rods and a set of mast heads soon as the car gets back from this round of mods. but going to keep the stock cubic inches. i do alot of traveling with my drag radial car so i figure i will just bring the camaro with me to all the tracks also. lots more chances to refine the susp and keep knocking the times down. wont happen over night but i am coming for that number 1 spot.
Good luck.

Maybe Ill take my car out of partial retirement when someone goes faster.

Will you have this car at the camaro fest?
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:24 PM   #10
Rdunn
9.2@147mph
 
Rdunn's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: St.Louis,Mo
Posts: 637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Good luck.

Will you have this car at the camaro fest?
thanks.

as far as camaro fest, i'll be at work on the ambulance on the 2nd & 3rd so i wont be able to make it.
__________________
Procharger F1X, 4L80E, E85, CBI Street Cars, DSX Tuning
Rdunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:37 PM   #11
Rdunn
9.2@147mph
 
Rdunn's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: St.Louis,Mo
Posts: 637
here is a couple of my drag radial car builds if anyone is bored.




http://www.streetfire.net/video/rdunn-stang_501655.htm
__________________
Procharger F1X, 4L80E, E85, CBI Street Cars, DSX Tuning
Rdunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:48 PM   #12
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur
 
Dznts's Avatar
 
Drives: Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3-2011 Tahoe
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 22,028
__________________
Dznts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:47 PM   #13
Bucci
Bucci
 
Bucci's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS M6
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 190
Nice build
__________________
Bucci
Bucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:16 PM   #14
Rdunn
9.2@147mph
 
Rdunn's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: St.Louis,Mo
Posts: 637
Thanks
__________________
Procharger F1X, 4L80E, E85, CBI Street Cars, DSX Tuning
Rdunn is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.