Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Flowmaster
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2013, 07:23 PM   #35
Travis64

 
Travis64's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 1lt rs auto 4-9-11
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NY Long Island
Posts: 756
well this stinks

i waited 40mins after machine sealant and used the glaze then americana

looks good and water comes right off

wish i would of seen this thread yesterday i just went by the adams vids
Travis64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:45 PM   #36
Tecca
.
 
Tecca's Avatar
 
Drives: ...
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis64 View Post
well this stinks

i waited 40mins after machine sealant and used the glaze then americana

looks good and water comes right off

wish i would of seen this thread yesterday i just went by the adams vids
Your fine, no harm done. Everyone does it different, you did what Adams suggested.
Tecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:04 PM   #37
CamaroDreams07


 
CamaroDreams07's Avatar
 
Drives: Slow V6
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: East Lansing, MI
Posts: 9,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecca View Post
Your fine, no harm done. Everyone does it different, you did what Adams suggested.
No... Adam's suggest waiting 12+ hours after MACHINE sealant. Quick sealant is the 30 minute one.

Unless that's changed.
__________________
[B]
CamaroDreams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 11:04 PM   #38
Tecca
.
 
Tecca's Avatar
 
Drives: ...
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
No... Adam's suggest waiting 12+ hours after MACHINE sealant. Quick sealant is the 30 minute one.

Unless that's changed.
DOH. I should learn to read, for some reason I didn't see the 40min statement. Matt is right to wait the 12 hours. However you should be fine nonetheless.
Tecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 11:06 PM   #39
CamaroDreams07


 
CamaroDreams07's Avatar
 
Drives: Slow V6
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: East Lansing, MI
Posts: 9,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecca View Post
DOH. I should learn to read, for some reason I didn't see the 40min statement. Matt is right to wait the 12 hours. However you should be fine nonetheless.
Score: me-1, tecca-276

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
__________________
[B]
CamaroDreams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:35 AM   #40
Adam's Polishes



 
Adam's Polishes's Avatar
 
Drives: The shiny ones.
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: In the detail shop!
Posts: 4,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis64 View Post
well this stinks

i waited 40mins after machine sealant and used the glaze then americana

looks good and water comes right off

wish i would of seen this thread yesterday i just went by the adams vids
40 minutes is fine for Quick Sealant, but at least 12 hours is what we recommend for the MSS.



Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.