Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2012, 08:52 PM   #1177
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 17,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richy_Rich View Post
What the 1LE "could have been"...

http://www.netcarshow.com/chevrolet/...o_ssx_concept/

"The SSX concept explores taking Camaro's excellent street performance and extending it into a road course context," said Chris Perry, vice president, Chevrolet marketing. "The car expresses Camaro performance while also signaling Chevrolet's new commitment to developing and offering a portfolio of performance parts for racing enthusiasts."

The Chevrolet Camaro SSX Track Car has a purposeful aesthetic, with exterior appointments and suspension modifications aimed at road course performance. They include carbon fiber aero parts - front splitter and adjustable rear wing - lightweight carbon fiber body panels, revised lower grille and unique brake cooling ducts. The carbon body panels significantly lower the Camaro's weight, as does the elimination of much of the production car's sound-deadening material, carpeting and rear seat.

Low-gloss Icy White Metallic exterior paint is contrasted with the carbon aero parts, door graphics/racing number and red details; and this competition-ready Camaro rolls on dedicated track wheels and tires. This concept was constructed with input from Pratt and Miller, Chevrolet partner in Corvette Racing, and Riley Technologies using parts proven in the Grand Am racing series.


Exterior
  • Icy White Metallic color with red accents and door graphics
  • Carbon fiber hood, fenders, door and deck lid
  • Exposed carbon fiber front splitter, rockers and adjustable rear wing
  • Unique lower grille and brake ducts
Interior
  • Carpeting, sound deadener and rear seat deleted
  • Ace suede-covered racing steering wheel and shifter
  • SCCA-approved roll cage and window net
  • Racing driver's seat with five-point harness
  • Racing pedals
  • Fire suppression system
  • Fuel cell
  • Video camera system mounted on the roll cage
Performance
  • LS3 6.2L V-8 enhanced with Chevrolet Performance Parts' camshaft, cylinder heads and dry-sump oiling system
  • Production six-speed manual transmission with Corvette ZR1 twin-disc clutch
  • Low-restriction air induction and exhaust systems
  • Four-wheel disc racing brake system with six-piston front/four-piston rear calipers and drilled and slotted rotors
  • Modified production suspension with Pfadt licensed components
  • 20-inch racing wheels and tires

This is a great looking piece that never has and never will run a hot lap. Now the L/28 and Bruce Raymond's Camaro do run hot laps
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:07 PM   #1178
PfadtRacing
 
PfadtRacing's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 3,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richy_Rich View Post
What the 1LE "could have been"...

http://www.netcarshow.com/chevrolet/...o_ssx_concept/

"The SSX concept explores taking Camaro's excellent street performance and extending it into a road course context," said Chris Perry, vice president, Chevrolet marketing. "The car expresses Camaro performance while also signaling Chevrolet's new commitment to developing and offering a portfolio of performance parts for racing enthusiasts."

The Chevrolet Camaro SSX Track Car has a purposeful aesthetic, with exterior appointments and suspension modifications aimed at road course performance. They include carbon fiber aero parts - front splitter and adjustable rear wing - lightweight carbon fiber body panels, revised lower grille and unique brake cooling ducts. The carbon body panels significantly lower the Camaro's weight, as does the elimination of much of the production car's sound-deadening material, carpeting and rear seat.

Low-gloss Icy White Metallic exterior paint is contrasted with the carbon aero parts, door graphics/racing number and red details; and this competition-ready Camaro rolls on dedicated track wheels and tires. This concept was constructed with input from Pratt and Miller, Chevrolet partner in Corvette Racing, and Riley Technologies using parts proven in the Grand Am racing series.


Exterior
  • Icy White Metallic color with red accents and door graphics
  • Carbon fiber hood, fenders, door and deck lid
  • Exposed carbon fiber front splitter, rockers and adjustable rear wing
  • Unique lower grille and brake ducts
Interior
  • Carpeting, sound deadener and rear seat deleted
  • Ace suede-covered racing steering wheel and shifter
  • SCCA-approved roll cage and window net
  • Racing driver's seat with five-point harness
  • Racing pedals
  • Fire suppression system
  • Fuel cell
  • Video camera system mounted on the roll cage
Performance
  • LS3 6.2L V-8 enhanced with Chevrolet Performance Parts' camshaft, cylinder heads and dry-sump oiling system
  • Production six-speed manual transmission with Corvette ZR1 twin-disc clutch
  • Low-restriction air induction and exhaust systems
  • Four-wheel disc racing brake system with six-piston front/four-piston rear calipers and drilled and slotted rotors
  • Modified production suspension with Pfadt licensed components
  • 20-inch racing wheels and tires

This was a really amazing project to be involved with. Almost our entire lineup of Camaro components at the time is installed on that car. Every time we see it in person it definitely grabs our attention.

Along with development on the SSX we were also involved with the Z06X. Unfortunately neither vehicle actually made it into production, but we still occasionally take phone calls about both cars!

PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:26 PM   #1179
jlauber588
 
jlauber588's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: new brunswick
Posts: 155
So thinking about trading from my 2lt auto to a 2ss with the 1le package. Besides the price the only concern I'm having is I have never had a manual car before. Would any of you 1le owners say it is hard to learn to drive stick on this car? Should I forgo the 1le and stick with an auto 2ss?
Thanks for the input

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
jlauber588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:55 PM   #1180
BSR-1

 
BSR-1's Avatar
 
Drives: 14,2LT,RS,MT,Black on Black
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Capo Beach, Ca
Posts: 1,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlauber588 View Post
So thinking about trading from my 2lt auto to a 2ss with the 1le package. Besides the price the only concern I'm having is I have never had a manual car before. Would any of you 1le owners say it is hard to learn to drive stick on this car? Should I forgo the 1le and stick with an auto 2ss?
Thanks for the input

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
I just bought my daughter a car (manual). She was scared to pick it up because she'd never driven a stick. She stalled it twice and then drove it off the lot.
2 weeks later she said she had it down. Able to start on hills and the whole deal.
2 months later she says she'd never go back to an auto again.
__________________
BSR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:06 AM   #1181
BadAndy
 
BadAndy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Irmo, SC
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlauber588 View Post
So thinking about trading from my 2lt auto to a 2ss with the 1le package. Besides the price the only concern I'm having is I have never had a manual car before. Would any of you 1le owners say it is hard to learn to drive stick on this car? Should I forgo the 1le and stick with an auto 2ss?
Thanks for the input

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Check YouTube for videos on learning to drive manuals...it's pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

Then go test drive one for yourself and be amazed at how much fun it is!
BadAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:10 PM   #1182
greezychef
 
greezychef's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Silverado, 2011 GTI
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: East effin Texas
Posts: 7
I dont own one. But Im semi in the market. What really did it for me?...the thing that really just made my jaw drop to the floor?...had to be the Lightning lap series on youtube. My God, that thing rocked it. pound for pound, to me, this has got to be the best performance bargain on the market today.
__________________
2011 Chevy Silverado 6.2L V8
2011 VW Golf GTI
greezychef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:32 PM   #1183
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 17,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by greezychef View Post
pound for pound, to me, this has got to be the best performance bargain on the market today.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:31 PM   #1184
MONTANACARGUY
 
Drives: CHEV TAHOE CHEV IMPALA 69' COUGAR
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: GREAT FALLS MT
Posts: 142
Anyone know if the front splitter is dealer installed?
MONTANACARGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:55 PM   #1185
Demon Z/28
Scarecrow
 
Demon Z/28's Avatar
 
Drives: like a granny
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Anahizzle, CA
Posts: 1,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by MONTANACARGUY View Post
Anyone know if the front splitter is dealer installed?

yes, it is
__________________
The Rooster - 2015 Z/28
The Scarecrow -2014 1LE SOLD -
Demon Z/28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:55 PM   #1186
jlauber588
 
jlauber588's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: new brunswick
Posts: 155
Does anyone use their 1le as a daily driver? Would you advise against this?
jlauber588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:25 PM   #1187
newb

 
newb's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LE
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: DMV
Posts: 1,496
There are several on here. I do not but I see no reason you can't. I just happen to have a beater. So I drive it.
__________________
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 03:15 PM   #1188
Firefighter


 
Firefighter's Avatar
 
Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tampa by way of Miami...
Posts: 4,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlauber588 View Post
Does anyone use their 1le as a daily driver? Would you advise against this?

I have an old s!0 that I use when its' gonna be a dirty job or a rainy day. The 1LE is probably my DD 90% of the time. It's fine. It doesn't ride like a Caddy but then again a caddy doesn't corner like a 1LE Camaro...
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:56 AM   #1189
SummoneR
Paul
 
SummoneR's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NOR*CAL
Posts: 6,279
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
I have an old s!0 that I use when its' gonna be a dirty job or a rainy day. The 1LE is probably my DD 90% of the time. It's fine. It doesn't ride like a Caddy but then again a caddy doesn't corner like a 1LE Camaro...
A CTS-V probably does.
__________________
SummoneR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:33 PM   #1190
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 17,643
I see no difference in daily driving any current Camaro in any trim level. That is why the 5th Gen is so incredibly cool. They are all built to perform well any day and every day. The Z/28 is a Daily Driver for the dedicated Camaro aficianado.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
1le, 1le camaro, 1le forum, camaro 1le, camaro 1le forum, camaro performance package, camaro track pack, camaro track package, where's our z/28?

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FE3 to ZL1 Zway Bar UpgradeZ and ZL1 ZuZpenZion PackageZ JusticePete Suspension / Chassis / Brakes 111 05-08-2013 10:38 PM
Modern Camaro Performance Parts - www.PartsTaxi.com PartsTaxi.com Sponsor Announcements / Giveaways / Contests 0 10-06-2010 04:26 PM
4th Annual GM Performance Parts LSX Shootout!! nmcajeff Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion 3 07-30-2010 12:05 PM
4th Annual GM Performance Parts LSX Shootout!! nmcajeff Off-topic Discussions 0 07-28-2010 08:28 AM
Official Camaro Convertible CONCEPT Press Release Tran Camaro Convertible Forum 12 11-18-2009 07:05 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.