Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Motorsports Discussions

Camaro Motorsports Discussions Motorsports involving Camaros - Grand-Am, Redline Time Attack, Drift Events, etc.

Old 06-03-2013, 02:07 PM   #76
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by marticus24 View Post
A couple of questions... I've never done something like this, but this seems like a great opportunity.

-Is the instruction provided to the Novice groups included in the registration cost?
-How does the instruction work - does somebody ride with you and provide instruction, or will you have group instruction and then go out on your own to see what you can do?
-Will the event be open to other vehicles outside of 5th gens?
-Passengers allowed?

I'm probably going to come, but just want to know how this stuff typically goes.

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
Post #1 has most of the info you need. Also you can click on the novice link for more info at CGI's website. A novice is $185 which includes the instructor and is mandatory. There will be other vehicles out there but CGI is reserving the first slots for Camaro5! I didn't see anything about having a passenger but you can contact CGI to find out! Hope to see you there! This is my first event of this type too!
All of this is correct, and those were great questions - thanks for helping marticus out, Mike!

To clarify:

-Is the instruction provided to the Novice groups included in the registration cost?
Yes. The cost for the Novice group is slightly more, because instructors will be on-hand to help.
-How does the instruction work - does somebody ride with you and provide instruction, or will you have group instruction and then go out on your own to see what you can do?
Both! But a ride-along will be most beneficial to improving your skill. You may also ask your instructor to take YOU out for a ride, to see what your car is truly capable of. That's an eye-opener for sure!!
-Will the event be open to other vehicles outside of 5th gens?
Yes, but as of right now - there are 13 Camaros signed up...and we've made that arrangement special with CGI. If we happen to fill up the track day...then it will be Camaro-only! In any event, I think it's safe to say that there will be a LOT of Camaros there.
-Passengers allowed?
Only drivers in the advanced group will be allowed to have passengers. But the instructors might be able to take guests around for a ride. They must have an approved helmet, however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky View Post
Signed up! I'm pumped
Awesome!!! I've added you to the list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Est.July.4.1776 View Post
If I can manage the time off work... I may consider getting in on this...
Let us know if you can get the time - I'll add your name to the list!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
Registered. I'm really looking forward to this. For those in
The novice group I think we will have an instructor ride with us-
I hope . It's the best way to get comfortable with the
Course. Marticus24 maybe we can follow each other over there.

We'll have to talk about it
Old 06-04-2013, 06:56 AM   #77
Zeus95

Drives: IOM 2010 - 2SS/RS
Working out the details but me and Duff might be there. Should know in the next few days. I would love to have an instructor drive my car and show me what its got. I probably will never test its limits. But it sure would be fun to see what it can do.
2010 2SS/RS IOM Upgrades: Fastlane CAI / SLP II Loudmouth axle back / V Max Ported TB / Kook's Step Long Tube Headers / High flow cats / Straightline Tune / BMR front & rear sway bars / Hotchkin End Links / Hurst Short Throw. LG ZR28 Wheels 1 of 2 sets made. Pfadt trailing arms / Diff Bushings & Sub Frame bushings / 1LE Axle & Hubs.
Zeus95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:25 PM   #78
State Funded

Drives: '10 Black SS w/IOM painted stripes
Any refunds for a rainy day?
Old 06-15-2013, 09:06 AM   #79
duffmobile

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS - IOM/IOM
add me to the list
L99 with 2.8 LC Kenne Bell, Kooks 1 7/8 headers, Corsa Catback, R2C CAI, 491 RWHP / 500 RWTQ ---- 2010 MY #7539
duffmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 02:22 PM   #80
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
OK, I am forcing myself to attend.

I just registered and paid

look forward to hitting this track again and a track for the first time this year.
2SS/RS 400RWHP, Hurst Shifter, Vararam Tune model,SLP Loudmouth axle back, Pedders Camaro Pace Car Kit &, EP7323, PDUSACAM2800, EP1167, ZL1 Calipers, CTS-V rotors, ZL1 Wheels, GTO clutch resevoir, Pedders Camber plates.
Back Street Performance has done a great job with ALL my Performance & Suspension mods, highly recommend them (Rich@BSP) he's in my friends list.
TLSTWIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 02:23 PM   #81
TLSTWIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by State Funded View Post
I ran in the rain there last year.
2SS/RS 400RWHP, Hurst Shifter, Vararam Tune model,SLP Loudmouth axle back, Pedders Camaro Pace Car Kit &, EP7323, PDUSACAM2800, EP1167, ZL1 Calipers, CTS-V rotors, ZL1 Wheels, GTO clutch resevoir, Pedders Camber plates.
Back Street Performance has done a great job with ALL my Performance & Suspension mods, highly recommend them (Rich@BSP) he's in my friends list.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:20 AM   #82
Zeus95

Add me to the list !! Paid and ready to go !
2010 2SS/RS IOM Upgrades: Fastlane CAI / SLP II Loudmouth axle back / V Max Ported TB / Kook's Step Long Tube Headers / High flow cats / Straightline Tune / BMR front & rear sway bars / Hotchkin End Links / Hurst Short Throw. LG ZR28 Wheels 1 of 2 sets made. Pfadt trailing arms / Diff Bushings & Sub Frame bushings / 1LE Axle & Hubs.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:28 AM   #83
ssmike
Missing Big Red

Drives: 2013 Equinox CRT
Looks like a good turnout for this! 16 so far with another month to go! Can't wait!
ssmike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:44 PM   #84
Halo Super Cars

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Since Gingerman is literally just up the interstate, we'd thought we'd do a little open house for anyone coming out. We'll also be able to do installs and/or fix anything before or after the track day. We'll also be offering free installs on our Strut Tower braces and Trans tunnel braces, but please call or email to setup an appointment.

Both Thursday and Friday night we'll be open and have the grill fired up till 8pm, so stop on by, hang out, and check out some of our work. The RPM Dream Garage Tour will also be on hand display all the latest products from the likes of Gladiator Garageworks, Pirelli Tires, SSBC brakes, Superchips, Dakota Digital, K&N, Oracle lighting, Kinetik batteries, AccuAir Suspension and more.

We're just 20 miles south of Gingerman on I-196 at:
Halo Super Cars
3960 Red Arrow Highway
Benton Harbor, MI 49022
269-849-3206
www.halosupercars.com
facebook.com/halosupercars
Halo Super Cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:45 PM   #85
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post
Dry is better
Old 06-17-2013, 03:59 PM   #86
OzzySS

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
man, i wanna go to this...instead i'm trapped on this stupid tropical island :P

OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:20 PM   #87
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 1967 FI Corvette and CRT ZL1 #336
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Here are some suggestions from a newbie that attended the HPDE at Sebring put on by the Corvette Museum.
Bring sunglasses and test the sunglasses with the helmet on. Sometimes it can make a big difference with sunglass fit with the helmet on.

Please, please, please upgrade the brake fluid to a high temp fluid. Has good as our brakes are, the fluid needs a little help.

Bring a Go Pro if you can. It real adds a lot to a very memorable day.

If you own a ZL1, you owe it to yourself and the car to see what she can really do. If you are a novice, the car is already much better than you are. To a skilled driver, she will make you better.

Have Fun !! It will be the best money and the most fun you will ever have !!!

Be safe and take lots of pictures for us to enjoy. I wish it was closer or I would be there for sure.
Attached Images

Old 06-17-2013, 05:07 PM   #88
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo Super Cars View Post
Since Gingerman is literally just up the interstate, we'd thought we'd do a little open house for anyone coming out. We'll also be able to do installs and/or fix anything before or after the track day. We'll also be offering free installs on our Strut Tower braces and Trans tunnel braces, but please call or email to setup an appointment.

Both Thursday and Friday night we'll be open and have the grill fired up till 8pm, so stop on by, hang out, and check out some of our work. The RPM Dream Garage Tour will also be on hand display all the latest products from the likes of Gladiator Garageworks, Pirelli Tires, SSBC brakes, Superchips, Dakota Digital, K&N, Oracle lighting, Kinetik batteries, AccuAir Suspension and more.

Halo Super Cars
3960 Red Arrow Highway
Benton Harbor, MI 49022
269-849-3206
www.halosupercars.com

Added to the OP!
Old 06-17-2013, 05:22 PM   #89
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by State Funded View Post
Not that I'm aware of...CGI's policy is that unless the rain produces dangerous conditions...they run. It provides a chance to learn how your car handles with limited traction...This is as much a learning experience as it is for fun - and they take advantage of damp conditions to teach wet handling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffmobile View Post
add me to the list
Great!!

Quote:
OK, I am forcing myself to attend.

I just registered and paid

look forward to hitting this track again and a track for the first time this year.
Awesome!!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus95 View Post
Add me to the list !! Paid and ready to go !
Wooo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Dry is better
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzySS View Post
man, i wanna go to this...instead i'm trapped on this stupid tropical island :P
Oh. I feel so bad.....no smilie for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
Here are some suggestions from a newbie that attended the HPDE at Sebring put on by the Corvette Museum.
Bring sunglasses and test the sunglasses with the helmet on. Sometimes it can make a big difference with sunglass fit with the helmet on.

Please, please, please upgrade the brake fluid to a high temp fluid. Has good as our brakes are, the fluid needs a little help.
At the very least, if you're a hands-off person and only trust GM techs....have the fluid exchanged with new fluid...brake fluid over 10,000 miles has dust in it and is broken down.

Bring a Go Pro if you can. It real adds a lot to a very memorable day.

If you own a ZL1, you owe it to yourself and the car to see what she can really do. If you are a novice, the car is already much better than you are. To a skilled driver, she will make you better.
The ZL1 (and 1LE for that matter) will shock and awe their owners. ...The limit is so high, as long as you have a clear head and respect what you're doing...you can just keep pushing and pushing a little faster lap after lap.

Have Fun !! It will be the best money and the most fun you will ever have !!!

Be safe and take lots of pictures for us to enjoy. I wish it was closer or I would be there for sure.
We'll be thinking of you, OldJedi, that's for sure!!
Old 06-17-2013, 06:14 PM   #90
ssmike
Missing Big Red

OldJedi, what brand of brake fluid do you suggest? I have DOT 4 in there now but I don't know if it's high temp. Thanks!
Old 06-17-2013, 07:01 PM   #91
TLSTWIN

Quote:
OldJedi, what brand of brake fluid do you suggest? I have DOT 4 in there now but I don't know if it's high temp. Thanks!
I am not OldJedi obviously, but I went with the Motul RBF600, it is a bit more than "normal" brake fluid.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:11 PM   #92
JusticePete

The gold standard. SRF
Old 06-17-2013, 07:14 PM   #93
TLSTWIN

Quote:
The gold standard. SRF
You coming up Pete? or is that to close to the camarofest?
Old 06-17-2013, 07:23 PM   #94
JusticePete

Quote:
You coming up Pete? or is that to close to the camarofest?
I'll be with some wanna be Dragoneye guy...
Old 06-17-2013, 07:28 PM   #95
TLSTWIN

Quote:
Cool, did you get my message? about ride height & such?
Old 06-17-2013, 07:43 PM   #96
ssmike
Missing Big Red

Quote:
Tom Henry's? I'm going to join the fun the day after Gingerman on the way back! Hope to see you there!
Old 06-17-2013, 08:20 PM   #97
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 1967 FI Corvette and CRT ZL1 #336
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
I am using Wilwood EXP 600 Plus Super High Temp Racing Brake Fluid. I had Torq professionally power flush the brake system before I tracked the car. I could have used the old style two person push pedal, open bleeder. The power flush is much faster and will do a better job. There are a lot of good DOT 4 & 5 brake fluids. Erik at Torq has a lot of road racing experience and I took his recommendation. I hope this helps.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:25 PM   #98
JusticePete

Quote:
Tom Henry's? I'm going to join the fun the day after Gingerman on the way back! Hope to see you there!
Old 06-17-2013, 10:29 PM   #99
x3speed

Drives: 2013 Victory Red 1SS/1LE w/ DME
Cost on a brake fluid change? Any ideas for affordable helmets?

"If you love something set it free. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it."
x3speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:13 AM   #100
Zeus95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo Super Cars View Post

Halo Super Cars
3960 Red Arrow Highway
Benton Harbor, MI 49022
269-849-3206
www.halosupercars.com
That's awesome !! Hopefully I won;t need anything fixed. But its good to know there is a Quailty shop very close !!

Tags
aimless cant drive.., road course action in mi, ssmike can't get enough