Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Flowmaster Exhaust
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons For all LFX related parts

Old 04-22-2013, 03:09 PM   #26
skibik

Drives: bbbbbb
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkdariusz885 View Post
So that honeycomb mesh inside those "resonators" is what again? Resonators do not have catalytic material in them. Plus, I took pics and sold these cats to a company in PA which buys cats for money, I doubt they would buy resonators. And since you have not cut them off your exhaust and looked inside, how can you say for sure they are resonators. It was the exact same setup on my E92 M3. I did the same exact job on that car. Dw, pics soon to come, we'll let the viewers decide this one.
Have you ever considered it may be a baffle? Just because you say what you think it is doesn't mean that is what it is. Just because you think, I repeat think, you know everything you don't. Show me proof and not just someone else thread.

I maybe wrong but I don't think you are right either. I will believe those are cats when someone from GM gets on here and tells me different. Just because it has a honeycomb material in it doesn't mean jack.

skibik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:24 PM   #27
dkdariusz885

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT RS, Convertible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skibik View Post
Have you ever considered it may be a baffle? Just because you say what you think it is doesn't mean that is what it is. Just because you think, I repeat think, you know everything you don't. Show me proof and not just someone else thread.

I maybe wrong but I don't think you are right either. I will believe those are cats when someone from GM gets on here and tells me different. Just because it has a honeycomb material in it doesn't mean jack.

What about the PA company "http://www.sellyourcatsdirect.com/" that bought those cats from me? They don't buy resonators or baffles which are scrap metal. They only buy cats which contain high value materials including platinum. Otherwise they wudda told me to get lost. Autocuture Motoring would probably have told me they were cutting of resonators as well, before or after they did if thats truly what they were.
dkdariusz885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:37 PM   #28
skibik

Drives: bbbbbb
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkdariusz885 View Post
What about the PA company "http://www.sellyourcatsdirect.com/" that bought those cats from me? They don't buy resonators or baffles which are scrap metal. They only buy cats which contain high value materials including platinum. Otherwise they wudda told me to get lost. Autocuture Motoring would probably have told me they were cutting of resonators as well, before or after they did if thats truly what they were.
Have you thought that maybe they are not just buying cats and knew that they were buying resonators? Maybe the material inside is worth something more then just scrap or they can be duping the person that they are selling it to that it is a cat! Just because they bought it still isn't proof to me.
skibik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:50 PM   #29
KMPrenger

Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Anyways...its time to agree to disagree.

The whole point of the matter is, and any way you slice it, removing the rear set of cats/resonators will add more volume and also should free up a bit of power.
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:04 PM   #30
dkdariusz885

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Anyways...its time to agree to disagree.

The whole point of the matter is, and any way you slice it, removing the rear set of cats/resonators will add more volume and also should free up a bit of power.
10-4
Old 05-15-2013, 11:42 AM   #31
SgtPickles69
Team LFX

Drives: Fast
I just cut my secondary cats (meow) today, and the mechanic told me that those were indeed catalytic converters. He has been doing exhaust work for more than 20 years.
SgtPickles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:46 PM   #32
dkdariusz885

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtPickles69 View Post
I just cut my secondary cats (meow) today, and the mechanic told me that those were indeed catalytic converters. He has been doing exhaust work for more than 20 years.
Sounds better, right? Have you done any exhaust work as well?

- Dave