Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Flowmaster Exhaust
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons For all LFX related parts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2013, 03:09 PM   #26
skibik
Guest
 
Drives: bbbbbb
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: bfe
Posts: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkdariusz885 View Post
So that honeycomb mesh inside those "resonators" is what again? Resonators do not have catalytic material in them. Plus, I took pics and sold these cats to a company in PA which buys cats for money, I doubt they would buy resonators. And since you have not cut them off your exhaust and looked inside, how can you say for sure they are resonators. It was the exact same setup on my E92 M3. I did the same exact job on that car. Dw, pics soon to come, we'll let the viewers decide this one.
Have you ever considered it may be a baffle? Just because you say what you think it is doesn't mean that is what it is. Just because you think, I repeat think, you know everything you don't. Show me proof and not just someone else thread.


I maybe wrong but I don't think you are right either. I will believe those are cats when someone from GM gets on here and tells me different. Just because it has a honeycomb material in it doesn't mean jack.

skibik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:24 PM   #27
dkdariusz885
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT RS, Convertible.
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ, USA
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by skibik View Post
Have you ever considered it may be a baffle? Just because you say what you think it is doesn't mean that is what it is. Just because you think, I repeat think, you know everything you don't. Show me proof and not just someone else thread.


I maybe wrong but I don't think you are right either. I will believe those are cats when someone from GM gets on here and tells me different. Just because it has a honeycomb material in it doesn't mean jack.

What about the PA company "http://www.sellyourcatsdirect.com/" that bought those cats from me? They don't buy resonators or baffles which are scrap metal. They only buy cats which contain high value materials including platinum. Otherwise they wudda told me to get lost. Autocuture Motoring would probably have told me they were cutting of resonators as well, before or after they did if thats truly what they were.
dkdariusz885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:37 PM   #28
skibik
Guest
 
Drives: bbbbbb
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: bfe
Posts: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkdariusz885 View Post
What about the PA company "http://www.sellyourcatsdirect.com/" that bought those cats from me? They don't buy resonators or baffles which are scrap metal. They only buy cats which contain high value materials including platinum. Otherwise they wudda told me to get lost. Autocuture Motoring would probably have told me they were cutting of resonators as well, before or after they did if thats truly what they were.
Have you thought that maybe they are not just buying cats and knew that they were buying resonators? Maybe the material inside is worth something more then just scrap or they can be duping the person that they are selling it to that it is a cat! Just because they bought it still isn't proof to me.
skibik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:50 PM   #29
KMPrenger


 
KMPrenger's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jefferson City, Missouri
Posts: 9,208
Anyways...its time to agree to disagree.

The whole point of the matter is, and any way you slice it, removing the rear set of cats/resonators will add more volume and also should free up a bit of power.
__________________
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:04 PM   #30
dkdariusz885
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT RS, Convertible.
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ, USA
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Anyways...its time to agree to disagree.

The whole point of the matter is, and any way you slice it, removing the rear set of cats/resonators will add more volume and also should free up a bit of power.
10-4
dkdariusz885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:42 AM   #31
SgtPickles69
Team LFX
 
SgtPickles69's Avatar
 
Drives: Fast
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: TX
Posts: 585
I just cut my secondary cats (meow) today, and the mechanic told me that those were indeed catalytic converters. He has been doing exhaust work for more than 20 years.
SgtPickles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:46 PM   #32
dkdariusz885
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT RS, Convertible.
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ, USA
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtPickles69 View Post
I just cut my secondary cats (meow) today, and the mechanic told me that those were indeed catalytic converters. He has been doing exhaust work for more than 20 years.
Sounds better, right? Have you done any exhaust work as well?

- Dave
dkdariusz885 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.