Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

HRE Wheels
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 03-31-2013, 12:46 AM   #15
rontammy0
Dr feelgood

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
three belts is not right..i can see one belt being bad..but not 3 i think gm is aware of this..if you search you might find the post describing how the dealer replaced the ac compressor because it was not square with the crank pully...the belts were not the problem i would ask your dealer to check if gm has issued any type of bulletin..im keeping a close eye on my new belt..good luck

K@N CAI....Vmax ported throttlebody...JBA shorty headers...SOLO hi flow cats....JBA Powercables...Magnaflow competition exhaust.... Hurst shifter.....SPI dyno tuned.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 05:38 PM   #16
DCC1464
COTW 5/27/13

Drives: '11 S/C SS/RS CGM
did this. had them check for TSB and they did a "laser aligment" on all points for the belt and check the crank pully for lateral movement during rotation. all check good.
There is clearly another issue at hand. if it happens again im going to a differnt dealership as there end "root cause" has that my headers (no tune) cause my belt to slip

622RWHP/512FTLBS on 91 octane
2.9l Whipple 4" pulley. Vengance VRSP3 cam. TSP 1 7/8 LT . Lots of BMR & AAC. Body work by Gary's Customz
My build thread
DCC1464 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:32 PM   #17
TSSUNAMI
It was ninety nine cents!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCC1464 View Post
did this. had them check for TSB and they did a "laser aligment" on all points for the belt and check the crank pully for lateral movement during rotation. all check good.
There is clearly another issue at hand. if it happens again im going to a differnt dealership as there end "root cause" has that my headers (no tune) cause my belt to slip
Wow

Go to a different dealership.

I have headers, and an OTR intake. My dealership never even asked about my mods. Nor did they make any mention of them when replacing my belt.

How a set of headers could possibly cause a belt to slip, split, and ride off of a pulley is beyond me.

It's an all too common problem. I put about 200 miles on my car this past week and a half and no belt noise, everything seems to be holding up for now. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:22 AM   #18
TSSUNAMI
It was ninety nine cents!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler
And two months later, the noise returns.

Fabulous.

I'm going to a different dealership. This is going to be my THIRD belt in less than two years.