Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Off-topic Discussions Discuss any off-topic subjects with other members.

Old 06-14-2013, 10:33 AM   #26
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 2013 2SS Dusk Edition
Its not on trueTV it's on discovery... not quite trailer trash TV.
LS1Tech and 1320 has street racers that have been up there during the filming and swear it's being filmed exactly as it happens.
510.7rwhp 477fpt
Oracle Lighting throughout
DuskSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:36 AM   #27
TRC-SS
TIM "COTW 2-25-13"

Drives: 2011 SuperCharged 567RWHP SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskSS View Post
Its not on trueTV it's on discovery... not quite trailer trash TV.
LS1Tech and 1320 has street racers that have been up there during the filming and swear it's being filmed exactly as it happens.
Yea i feel that its legit. Just you know how reality TV can be, people will "act up" when the camera is around. Just sayin some of the things said, and the fights and arguments might be a bit blown up do to the camera but no matter what i do like the show.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:31 PM   #28
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
Quote:
Unfortunately not staged I would not have such a big issue with it if it was.
These guys are well known down here and while street racing asshats they are legit.
I have an issue with discovery making them into heroes and telling the world that street racing is ok by proxy regardless of the disclaimers

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
True, I don't even think about street racing. Today I saw this education clip called red asphalt. Right now I feel like and I know it's not worth that. After that video it just hit me. It's not just on the news. I am pretty much in shock. That video was beyond graphic, it's real. It's not a video game, it's not some NCIS show on TV. It's real, it just hit me like a brick wall today. I thought going fast would be cool and all that, but, I feel like I don't even want to go over the speed limit. That video made it a reality. It's not worth it.
AmericanMuscleCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:37 AM   #29
AzItaliaSS

Drives: 2010 2ss RJT LS3
Never the less its a car show with some pretty sweet muscle. I will watch for the entertainment and appreciation of those builds.
VARARAM, SWSP 1 7/8 LT'S,X-PIPE,CAT DELETE,DYNOMAX RACE BULLETTS, LSR SHORT SHIFTER ,CUSTOM BLACK EMBLEMS,MPD1 SPOILER, HP TUNE BY GEARHEAD GARAGE, INTERIOR ABL LIGHTING, CUSTOM STRIPING BY BEAVER STRIPES, EIBACHS
AzItaliaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:18 PM   #30
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzItaliaSS View Post
Never the less its a car show with some pretty sweet muscle. I will watch for the entertainment and appreciation of those builds.
What "builds" you mean completely gutting a car of everything that makes it a streetcar to the point they need trailers to move the cars then saying that they have the fastest street cars in the USA... Pfft I'll pass.
I'll stick with Houston's 9 second cars with full interiors and tags.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
510.7rwhp 477fpt
Old 06-18-2013, 03:33 PM   #31
2010SS2SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 2SS
Maybe some 9/10 second Houston cars need to "DRIVE" up and show them what street cars are ALL about.
2010SS2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:34 PM   #32
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 14 Spark
What confuses me is they evidently have a local drag strip where I saw last night the kid wanting to break onto the list was trying out his car. I don't understand why they couldn't do their racing at the strip instead if the street... They are a bunch or morons in my opinion.

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:49 PM   #33
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SS2SS View Post
Maybe some 9/10 second Houston cars need to "DRIVE" up and show them what street cars are ALL about.
And why on earth would people go up there and be a moron street racer when we have 3 tracks setup for this exact thing.

Felony street racing is oh so attractive.
down here you get caught it's a felony and they take the car.

I hate that Discovery is trying to glamorize street posers like this.
You got a fast car.. thats GREAT.. take it to the track where it belongs or to sanctioned events where you wont be going to jail or risking lives for your jollies.
510.7rwhp 477fpt
Old 06-18-2013, 04:01 PM   #34
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
And why on earth would people go up there and be a moron street racer when we have 3 tracks setup for this exact thing.

Felony street racing is oh so attractive.
down here you get caught it's a felony and they take the car.

I hate that Discovery is trying to glamorize street posers like this.
You got a fast car.. thats GREAT.. take it to the track where it belongs or to sanctioned events where you wont be going to jail or risking lives for your jollies.

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:05 AM   #35
MagnumForceGB

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6 / 2014 Mustang 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
What confuses me is they evidently have a local drag strip where I saw last night the kid wanting to break onto the list was trying out his car. I don't understand why they couldn't do their racing at the strip instead if the street... They are a bunch or morons in my opinion.
They do some racing at the track, they start on the back half for no-prep racing, invitation only from what I was told by one of the track guys.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:11 AM   #36
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 14 Spark
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
They do some racing at the track, they start on the back half for no-prep racing, invitation only from what I was told by one of the track guys.
Still they have a real track in the area, they should be using it to race and not the street. Period...

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:20 AM   #37
MagnumForceGB

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6 / 2014 Mustang 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Still they have a real track in the area, they should be using it to race and not the street. Period...
I agree, especially since racing at Thunder Valley is like racing on the street. Its slick and has a crowd of pedestrians standing next to the cars when they launch.

I guess its the chance of being caught that adds a thrill, like sex in public.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:34 AM   #38
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

You know what they say.. "you cant fix stupid."
510.7rwhp 477fpt
Old 06-19-2013, 09:59 AM   #39
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: CGM w/Black stripes
Quote:
You also can't fix dead on side of the road either. To dangerous and things go wrong so fast.. death is just around the corner for these guys or friends.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:04 PM   #40
Silverlsinva

Drives: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Grigio
From yesterdays show it seems like they only run 1/8th mile on the street now. Atleast from what I though I heard from one of the racers when he was talkin to the camera.
Silverlsinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:12 PM   #41
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

yeh they like 1/8th more for some reason.
seems the grudge racers down here are the same.
1 track here caters to that style racing every week with the 8th mile and no rules setups.
510.7rwhp 477fpt
Old 06-19-2013, 02:22 PM   #42
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
The show is entertaining. It's like duck dynasty, or desperate housewives or real housewives, or the WWE. It's a bunch of people being too stupid to relate to, so we like to watch and make fun of them. It's the car person's version of reality tv.

I watched the first episode yesterday and will continue to watch the show because it's pretty funny.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:21 PM   #43
Envy
Bully Proof

Drives: C5 COTW 1/31/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
The show is entertaining. It's like duck dynasty, or desperate housewives or real housewives, or the WWE. It's a bunch of people being too stupid to relate to, so we like to watch and make fun of them.
The difference is that none of those other shows attempt to entertain us while laws are being broken.
Quote:
You might not be able to fix stupid...but you sure as hell can fire it...lol...so there should be some heads rolling at the Discovery Channel...each and every one that signed off on the show IMO. For the most part...those cars weren't street cars...so why are they portraying them as such? They should have kept it at the track. The show would still differ from Pinks in that it develops certain characters and the competitive nature of the sport amongst a group of people who are otherwise friends.

Now don't get me wrong...I watched and I will watch again...but the way the show tries to make street racing look less than dangerous and like anything other than a serious crime to our young people is just wrong!!! And why would they even include someone with a suspended driver's license in the mix? As others have already mentioned...that guy had no qualms admitting that his illegal hobby was more important to him than his own children were. Why would the Discovery Channel want to elevate a bunch of selfish, self serving idiots like that? Plus knowing that one of the participants...Tyler "Flip" Priddy...the driver of the El Camino just committed suicide a few weeks ago and left behind a wife and four sons just makes it all kinda sad.

And clearly the OKC police have no interest in putting an end to all this activity or they wouldn't blockade streets and allow it...because I've seen multiple videos where they have done exactly that. I thought their job was to protect and to serve...not facilitate street racing...so wtf is up with that?

Last edited by Envy; 06-19-2013 at 11:01 PM.
Envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:56 AM   #44
TRC-SS
TIM "COTW 2-25-13"

Drives: 2011 SuperCharged 567RWHP SS/RS LS3
The asian kid in the farm truck is pretty annoying and trying way too hard for the camera. This weeks episode proves my theroy
Old 07-22-2013, 12:42 PM   #45
cjcamaro10

Drives: 2010 LS 6M
Street Outlaws

Just curious, I caught this show the other day and watched them. My first impression was that the cars are more extreem than any street car I've seen, It's only their little crew racing each other, and I caught a glimpse of blue lights blocking off the road in the distance. I thought it was OK but not realistic at all.
cjcamaro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:48 PM   #46
SlowSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Its entertaining, but definitely not real. I like how they are always looking for the "right" place to set up, but yet it seems to me that they always race at the same airstrip.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:48 PM   #47
JewelSS
Norcal Camaros

Drives: 2010 Red Jewel 2SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcamaro10 View Post
Just curious, I caught this show the other day and watched them. My first impression was that the cars are more extreem than any street car I've seen, It's only their little crew racing each other, and I caught a glimpse of blue lights blocking off the road in the distance. I thought it was OK but not realistic at all.
Agreed ^^^ All these shows trying to pretend its the real deal and with all the cameras around no body ever gets in trouble. Its cool to watch and there are some badass cars but no way its not staged. Its to much of a liability for the crew and the producers.
Fire Extinguisher, AAC footwell lighting, RJT seat stitching, Switchback LED's, AAC Mailslot scanner, AAC underhood, grill & underbody led lighting, AAC Plasma fogs, Eagle eye HIDs, RJT Painted calipers, RJT painted engine bay, Viteese Paddle Shifters, CFD Hurst style Shifter, RJT painted speedo & gauge trim, RotoFab CAI, TSP 2" Headers with full 3" XS Power exhaust, Granatelli Slotted rotors & Hawk HPS pads, ACS Front splitter, ZL1 Grill, Havoc Rear diffuser, BMR 1.4 Springs, BMR Strut tower brace, Custom HP ZL1 Tune by Mark Romans
JewelSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:59 PM   #48
woodside783
Casey Woodside

Drives: W/28
Watched from the beginning and said this is not real way to much set up. I asked my cousin and he said they are reenactments of things that happened. From what I am told the stories are real but who nose once TV gets involved. The show needs more racing the last 15 is about it. The farm truck will take out inspecting imports hahaha
http://youtu.be/CSc9aPh_X_w
woodside783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:26 PM   #49
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Personally, I love the show. It's entertaining and it's cool watching the cars. Plus it's funny too

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:43 PM   #50
2010SS2SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 2SS
Only ones with balls to street race is farm truck, all the other stuff is b.s.

Lost interest when the d-bag with the LS powered Mustang said "having money to race is more important than paying my mortgage!"
2010SS2SS is offline   Reply With Quote