Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Suspension / Brakes / Chassis All suspension, brakes and chassis discussions.

Old 06-17-2013, 11:53 AM   #26
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy Phone:860-880-0486
Good advice
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:53 PM   #27
battlekat

Drives: the red dragon
i was already planning on getting pedders but after reading pete's post #20 i want to get a second set and put them on my bed or something.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:06 AM   #28
The Blue Ox

Drives: 2010 SS L99 Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by battlekat View Post
i was already planning on getting pedders but after reading pete's post #20 i want to get a second set and put them on my bed or something.
LMAO! +1! I was thinking about getting them, now I know I am!!
The Blue Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:21 AM   #29
CAP'N B
Cajun Mariner

Drives: 10 Camaro SS/RS RJT 99 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to CAP'N B
I did a few bolt on parts( Headers, exhaust, CAI Intake) then I did a tune, I have the Automatic, so I told the guy I wanted neck snapping shifts. An boy did I get it, I also got the rear end wanting to "STEP OUT", just like a woman swinging her ass. I put the Total bushing replacement and the X/A coilovers, since I will be road course racing. Now when I get that hard shift from 1st to 2nd the car goes straight, and the ass end stays where it's supposed to be. behind me
Old 06-25-2013, 10:32 PM   #30
JusticePete
Rebel Leader

Drives: Camaro Justice
Old 06-25-2013, 10:52 PM   #31
ICTsccaCamaro
ITCRNRS

Drives: 2014 Summit White 2SS/RS 1LE
Save yourself some money and go gm, 1LE or ZL1 sway bars only $300 with bars and links then buy some take off 2012+ ss springs and top it off with a set of front and rear 1LE struts car will feel great, handle great and look "stock" underneath if a warranty issue ever comes up.
Also we never had a issue with fe4+ style rear sway bar with our v6 brakes you will hear this on the forum all the time that it wont fit but they fit fine.

Wichita Region SCCA Autocross
#23 FS
http://www.wichitascca.org/SoloII.html
ICTsccaCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:01 AM   #32
JusticePete
Rebel Leader

Drives: Camaro Justice
Best is defined as using parts others discard for better performing parts because they come cheap?

I watched the best Pro Touring and highly modified cars at Road America last weekend autocross. In the mix were a Lotus Elise, monster build Nissan GTR, highly modified Z06 Vette and more. The drivers are exceptionally skilled. You cannot find a competitive stock vehicle at the OPTIMA because they can't compete. Not a stock ZR1 or a Porsche GT3 or a Ferrari or Lamborghini have made the Top Ten at the Invitational. Pedders USA 5th Gens have never not been in the Top Ten.

Can you upgrade a base 5th Gen with off the shelf GM parts, of course. Does that get you the best bang for the buck? Not in my book. If the parts you bought are not the best of the best, you paid too much.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:50 AM   #33
jeremywes

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Best is defined as using parts others discard for better performing parts because they come cheap?

I watched the best Pro Touring and highly modified cars at Road America last weekend autocross. In the mix were a Lotus Elise, monster build Nissan GTR, highly modified Z06 Vette and more. The drivers are exceptionally skilled. You cannot find a competitive stock vehicle at the OPTIMA because they can't compete. Not a stock ZR1 or a Porsche GT3 or a Ferrari or Lamborghini have made the Top Ten at the Invitational. Pedders USA 5th Gens have never not been in the Top Ten.

Can you upgrade a base 5th Gen with off the shelf GM parts, of course. Does that get you the best bang for the buck? Not in my book. If the parts you bought are not the best of the best, you paid too much.
Tru Dat and wasted time installing them
jeremywes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
suspension