Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2013, 11:39 PM   #101
Wolvie70
 
Wolvie70's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 CRT, 2SS/RS, 6MT, Hurst, NPP
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannonm View Post
This is why I can't wait for IL to pass concealed carry. Car jack my ass.
Yeah we can tell IL and Chicago give a crap about CC. I think I hide and let the hips fall if the shtf
Wolvie70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:41 PM   #102
Bonanza7
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 2,364
A couple of jerks followed me on a Main Street and then on sided streets. I laid my .357 on the dash, and they left.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:50 PM   #103
Bonanza7
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 2,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtrimpi87 View Post
Lol yea, like that's gonna happen.
Not as long as Moonbeam is in office
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 01:33 PM   #104
doubletap407
 
doubletap407's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 ls v6 blacked out
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Trinity , texas
Posts: 320
Sounds fishy to me !
__________________
doubletap407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:06 AM   #105
Mutant Racer
Bringer of Impending Doom
 
Mutant Racer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Cockpit
Posts: 1,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Caroline View Post
I've never followed somebody off of a highway... That's creepy.

BUT, I do pace people in the left lane. I don't want to drive like a jerk so I wait for the guy that is willing to run people out of the left lane and just follow them about 3-4 car lengths back.

I have been paced before too, but I know that trick so I slow down until they pass. Some people just want to follow you so you get a speeding ticket and they don't.
I've never seen cops pull over the lead car besides they no longer play Sitting Bull. At least where I live they are mobile and cruise up behind you so if someone is pacing they are the one getting popped.

It doesn't matter anymore though, I keep my SS within 10 even on the highway, too many cops ya see. The only time I hit it is when America is in trouble and the call goes out.

You understand I'm sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza7 View Post
A couple of jerks followed me on a Main Street and then on sided streets. I laid my .357 on the dash, and they left.
Damn Bonanza! Where do you keep that thing hid at? I can't find a good spot for my .44, the freakin' thing just sticks out everywhere! I am tempted to customize a holster to attach under the steering wheel area, maybe put a quick release on it just incase I have to shoot through 2 or 3 vehicles at a time.

People tend to line up real nice in traffic if you follow my meaning.
Mutant Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:46 AM   #106
DRKnight1SS
The Dude
 
DRKnight1SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS M6
Join Date: May 2013
Location: San Diego, Cali.
Posts: 345
Maybe he just wanted to stare at your nice Camaro Can't blame others for droolin
DRKnight1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:28 AM   #107
Neumatic

 
Neumatic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,360
Saturday night I went to a party with a friend of mine, who has a 2nd Gen Camaro and we went to a drive thru to pick up some beer. When we left I noticed a car tailing us. We took some off the wall roads and there they were riding my ass the whole way. So we go out of town, lose them and park for a while. On our way back into town guess who does a U turn to get behind us. Once again riding my ass the whole time. When we got back to the bar we were at I gave them a piece of my mind in the middle of main street. I was not very happy.
__________________
Tuned by Back Street Performance 471hp/429tq
11.86 @ 117.47, 1.749 60'
Neumatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:38 AM   #108
Bonanza7
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 2,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Racer View Post
I've never seen cops pull over the lead car besides they no longer play Sitting Bull. At least where I live they are mobile and cruise up behind you so if someone is pacing they are the one getting popped.

It doesn't matter anymore though, I keep my SS within 10 even on the highway, too many cops ya see. The only time I hit it is when America is in trouble and the call goes out.

You understand I'm sure.



Damn Bonanza! Where do you keep that thing hid at? I can't find a good spot for my .44, the freakin' thing just sticks out everywhere! I am tempted to customize a holster to attach under the steering wheel area, maybe put a quick release on it just incase I have to shoot through 2 or 3 vehicles at a time.

People tend to line up real nice in traffic if you follow my meaning.
Ruger SP 101, 3 inch barrel. Keep it either in a holster or on the seat next to me. There is a holster made for under the column. Check it out
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:44 PM   #109
Mutant Racer
Bringer of Impending Doom
 
Mutant Racer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Cockpit
Posts: 1,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKnight1SS View Post
Maybe he just wanted to stare at your nice Camaro Can't blame others for droolin
Haha! I've been getting that a lot lately. People will cruise right up and oogle my SS. I have to admit all the haters I used to run in to was wearing on me but ever since the weather turned nice I've encountered nothing but Camaro fans.

Maybe we have turned the tide so to speak? I was at Wildfire Harley Davidson the other day checking on my Dyna and its repairs and the whole parking lot was full of bikers and they kept me there for a good hour talking Camaro's. Surprisingly quite a few were Camaro owners but mostly 67's and 69's. It was cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza7 View Post
Ruger SP 101, 3 inch barrel. Keep it either in a holster or on the seat next to me. There is a holster made for under the column. Check it out
I'll have to look in to it when they change the laws around here. In Illinois the laws demand if you drive with a gun the bullets have to be in a separate compartment and the gun itself must be in a case. They are changing that though and hopefully soon.
Mutant Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:53 PM   #110
RonnieG
 
RonnieG's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 AGM 1LE/2SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Racer View Post
I had a fool follow me last night for 2 hours, in the rain, on I-55 South and he wouldn't go away. Every exit I used to lose him he took as well and kept with me going back onto the expressway time and again. I did that 3 times and this jerk kept following. Nothing happened earlier so I can't think of anything I might have done to piss somebody else off but this dude followed me from Chicago to Decatur Illinois.

This was a 180 mile trip that usually takes almost 3 hours. This person had to be up to something. A few times he got way too close to my car and I couldn't make any sense of what he was doing but it was creepy to say the least.

Has this happened to any of you? If so what did you do?

Would you have called the police?

To finally get away I deployed counter measures...


Saw this thread at the top of the list and I haven't read any other posts (at work and I slack off responsibly) and I would say to either call police, or lose em in this scenario..

this brings back an episode of one of those crime tv shows where they told a similar situation... after some time they had went in front and a passenger went outside the window and opened fire killing their baby in the back seat...

I know this is a one in millions situation.. but in this day and age, a nut following for that extended period of time should be called into police to make sure any issues are addressed.. you never know whats going on and might happen to save a life.


of course they may have been convoying and happened to mistakenly start following you ... happened to a buddy of mine following a maroon TC hahaha
RonnieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:04 PM   #111
spencer37066
 
Drives: 2012 SS supercharged camaro
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Gallatin tn
Posts: 5
I carry for that very reason. If I have to I can always call the police or just look at the picture of the GPS from the last person that followed me forever and a day
Attached Images
 
spencer37066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:42 PM   #112
Bonanza7
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 2,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Racer View Post
Haha! I've been getting that a lot lately. People will cruise right up and oogle my SS. I have to admit all the haters I used to run in to was wearing on me but ever since the weather turned nice I've encountered nothing but Camaro fans.

Maybe we have turned the tide so to speak? I was at Wildfire Harley Davidson the other day checking on my Dyna and its repairs and the whole parking lot was full of bikers and they kept me there for a good hour talking Camaro's. Surprisingly quite a few were Camaro owners but mostly 67's and 69's. It was cool.



I'll have to look in to it when they change the laws around here. In Illinois the laws demand if you drive with a gun the bullets have to be in a separate compartment and the gun itself must be in a case. They are changing that though and hopefully soon.
They are VERY accurate, reliable, and with a Hogue grip, comfortable to shoot. Nice thing about Arizona..everyone can carry concealed or open, car or not.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:21 PM   #113
J-Short
 
J-Short's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 2LT/RS BRM
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 128
I'm a black man in a Camaro. If course u have been followed, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't in admiration. Lol
J-Short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:35 PM   #114
jrisebo
 
jrisebo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro RS "Bumble C"
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Dayton
Posts: 478
After the first exit, and he or she followed me back on, it would have been a call to the cops. Really dangerous types out there sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Racer View Post
I had a fool follow me last night for 2 hours, in the rain, on I-55 South and he wouldn't go away. Every exit I used to lose him he took as well and kept with me going back onto the expressway time and again. I did that 3 times and this jerk kept following. Nothing happened earlier so I can't think of anything I might have done to piss somebody else off but this dude followed me from Chicago to Decatur Illinois.

This was a 180 mile trip that usually takes almost 3 hours. This person had to be up to something. A few times he got way too close to my car and I couldn't make any sense of what he was doing but it was creepy to say the least.

Has this happened to any of you? If so what did you do?

Would you have called the police?

To finally get away I deployed counter measures...


__________________
jrisebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:10 AM   #115
Mutant Racer
Bringer of Impending Doom
 
Mutant Racer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Cockpit
Posts: 1,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Short View Post
I'm a black man in a Camaro. If course u have been followed, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't in admiration. Lol
No one would have been able to tell who was driving or how many are in the car, my windows at that time had an illegal tint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrisebo View Post
After the first exit, and he or she followed me back on, it would have been a call to the cops. Really dangerous types out there sometimes.
That would be the safest bet. I would've liked to know who it was so I wish I had called them. Some think it was my ex-girlfriend. I kinda laughed at that then didn't.
Mutant Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:16 AM   #116
wally mayfield
 
wally mayfield's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS 6M
Join Date: May 2013
Location: eastern high sierras
Posts: 438
a friend of mine used to think the mob was following him..he would drive for hours to try and "shake" them...it was a combination of weed and speed...
__________________
let's give nuke's a chance..
wally mayfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:18 AM   #117
Mutant Racer
Bringer of Impending Doom
 
Mutant Racer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Cockpit
Posts: 1,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally mayfield View Post
a friend of mine used to think the mob was following him..he would drive for hours to try and "shake" them...it was a combination of weed and speed...
Haha! I wish I could claim it was drugs or booze but I was 100% sober that night.
Mutant Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:48 PM   #118
jbrantner24
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro LS M6
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Menomonie, WI
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannonm View Post
This is why I can't wait for IL to pass concealed carry. Car jack my ass.
Never happen Move to Wisconsin
__________________

K&N intake, Resonated X-pipe w/muffler delete, Trifecta Tune, rashes up sport muscle tachs.
jbrantner24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 03:06 PM   #119
nebchevy
 
nebchevy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS SGM Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Blair Nebraska
Posts: 597
since I live in Nebraska and I got my concealed handgun permit I would have pulled over open up the door and ask him what the hell he was doing....

but then again I have my trusty Glock with me
__________________
LUCKYSS

nebchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 03:18 PM   #120
Evil-Bee-NH
WEEEEE!!!!!!!!
 
Evil-Bee-NH's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2011 Camaro 2LS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Concord, NH
Posts: 1,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebchevy View Post
since I live in Nebraska and I got my concealed handgun permit I would have pulled over open up the door and ask him what the hell he was doing....

but then again I have my trusty Glock with me

Guess you follow the 3 S rule those in Montana and northern New England follow religously.

Shoot, Shovel and Shut-Up
__________________
Roto-Fab CAI | Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe | Cherry Bomb Glasspacks | 8" Kicker HideawaySub/Amp | Elite Oil Catch Can | Setina Push Bumper
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:56 PM   #121
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )
 
Pagliaro's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS '05 Ford Escape XLT
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 733
Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
A LEO followed me and took my plate info down but I guess I didn't do anything illegal because I was never pulled over.
__________________

1967
OLDSCHOOL RS
VS 2011 NEWSCHOOL
RS


Pagliaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 06:15 PM   #122
LStick
 
LStick's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2LS Blue Ray
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Streetsboro Ohio
Posts: 640
Had some clown in a beat up hoopty tailing me awhile back. He finally turned off 2 freeway exits from my town.
I live so far from Cleveland , he probably had to take up a collection amoungst his passengers to buy enough gas to get back.
LStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:16 PM   #123
jake2212

 
Drives: 2010 camaro 1ss/rs A6 Supercharged
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 976
last night surprisingly i was. i was cuising along on my way home from work and this punk in a lancer flies by me. we both end up getting to the next red light together and the whole time he is revving his engine to try and race me. i ignore him but then he does it again at the second redlight right before the highway. i say "eff it" and as soon as the light turns green i show him what my taillights look like from a distance. well after that i let off and all of a sudden i notice he is following me. (same turns and wont go past me etc...) at one redlight he was right behind me and i could see in the rearview he was argueing with some girl in the passenger's seat.(girlfriend maybe telling him to let it go?) he didn't pull away infact, until he saw i was going onto Nellis i guess he didn't have ID to get on base...
__________________

558rwhp/511rwtq Magnuson TVS2300 w/ 3.4 pulley @11psi, GT9 cam/LS3 conversion, BTR dual valve springs, SW 1 7/8" headers, CAI intake, SW 3" retro-chambered cat-back, VMax Ported TB, ADM FPCM, Zl1 fuel pump, FIC 80lb injectors, Elite Engineering catch can, Zl1 wheels with michelin PSS's, 1le Sway bars, Pfadt tie rods, BMR trailing arms, hotchkis strut tower brace, Apex-speed springs, z/28 spoiler, zl1 front bumper and rockers, ACS tl1 insert
jake2212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:51 AM   #124
nebchevy
 
nebchevy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS SGM Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Blair Nebraska
Posts: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Guess you follow the 3 S rule those in Montana and northern New England follow religously.

Shoot, Shovel and Shut-Up

__________________
LUCKYSS

nebchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 12:31 PM   #125
PolynesianPowerhouse
 
PolynesianPowerhouse's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 chevy camaro
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Tofiga Island
Posts: 67
Had it happen in my charger while I was on the road out of state... I slowed down enough and switched lanes and had "forgetful Lucy" (machete) in my hand with my arm hanging out the front drivers window... they slowed down and got off at the next exit...I kept going.

And it was blatant following in a raggedy car, with getting close to my rear at every stop light.
__________________
Don't sit around and watch everyone else live YOUR dreams...DO SUMPT'N
PolynesianPowerhouse is online now   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.