Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-20-2013, 01:10 AM   #113
Mutant Racer

Drives: 2015 2LT Torch Red C7 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Short View Post
I'm a black man in a Camaro. If course u have been followed, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't in admiration. Lol
No one would have been able to tell who was driving or how many are in the car, my windows at that time had an illegal tint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrisebo View Post
After the first exit, and he or she followed me back on, it would have been a call to the cops. Really dangerous types out there sometimes.
That would be the safest bet. I would've liked to know who it was so I wish I had called them. Some think it was my ex-girlfriend. I kinda laughed at that then didn't.
Mutant Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:16 AM   #114
wally mayfield

Drives: 2013 2SS 6M
a friend of mine used to think the mob was following him..he would drive for hours to try and "shake" them...it was a combination of weed and speed...
Old 06-20-2013, 01:18 AM   #115
Mutant Racer

Drives: 2015 2LT Torch Red C7 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally mayfield View Post
a friend of mine used to think the mob was following him..he would drive for hours to try and "shake" them...it was a combination of weed and speed...
Haha! I wish I could claim it was drugs or booze but I was 100% sober that night.
Mutant Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:48 PM   #116
jbrantner24

Drives: 2013 Camaro LS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannonm View Post
This is why I can't wait for IL to pass concealed carry. Car jack my ass.
Never happen Move to Wisconsin

K&N intake, Resonated X-pipe w/muffler delete, Trifecta Tune, rashes up sport muscle tachs.
jbrantner24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:06 PM   #117
nebchevy

Drives: 2011 2SS SGM Camaro
since I live in Nebraska and I got my concealed handgun permit I would have pulled over open up the door and ask him what the hell he was doing....

but then again I have my trusty Glock with me

nebchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:18 PM   #118
Evil-Bee-NH
Permagrin Engaged

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebchevy View Post
since I live in Nebraska and I got my concealed handgun permit I would have pulled over open up the door and ask him what the hell he was doing....

but then again I have my trusty Glock with me

Guess you follow the 3 S rule those in Montana and northern New England follow religously.

Shoot, Shovel and Shut-Up
2017 Nightfall Gray Metallic I4 1LT | Sunroof | Black Interior Trim | 20" Black 5-Spoke Wheels | Sto-N-Sho Plate Holder | Novistretch Car Bra | RPI Stealth Splash Guards | Rockford Fosgate Subwoofer | Injen CAI | Vitesse Throttle Controller | ZZP Hi-Flo Downpipe | Flowmaster American Thunder Axle-Back | 293RWHP / 319RWTQ
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 06:56 PM   #119
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS '05 Ford Escape XLT
Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
A LEO followed me and took my plate info down but I guess I didn't do anything illegal because I was never pulled over.

First retrofitted 2014 mylink.
Pagliaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:15 PM   #120
LStick

Drives: 2015 2LS Red Rock
Had some clown in a beat up hoopty tailing me awhile back. He finally turned off 2 freeway exits from my town.
I live so far from Cleveland , he probably had to take up a collection amoungst his passengers to buy enough gas to get back.
LStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:16 PM   #121
jake2212

Drives: 2010 camaro 1ss/rs A6 Supercharged
last night surprisingly i was. i was cuising along on my way home from work and this punk in a lancer flies by me. we both end up getting to the next red light together and the whole time he is revving his engine to try and race me. i ignore him but then he does it again at the second redlight right before the highway. i say "eff it" and as soon as the light turns green i show him what my taillights look like from a distance. well after that i let off and all of a sudden i notice he is following me. (same turns and wont go past me etc...) at one redlight he was right behind me and i could see in the rearview he was argueing with some girl in the passenger's seat.(girlfriend maybe telling him to let it go?) he didn't pull away infact, until he saw i was going onto Nellis i guess he didn't have ID to get on base...

jake2212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:51 AM   #122
nebchevy

Drives: 2011 2SS SGM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Guess you follow the 3 S rule those in Montana and northern New England follow religously.

Shoot, Shovel and Shut-Up

nebchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 01:31 PM   #123
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Had it happen in my charger while I was on the road out of state... I slowed down enough and switched lanes and had "forgetful Lucy" (machete) in my hand with my arm hanging out the front drivers window... they slowed down and got off at the next exit...I kept going.

And it was blatant following in a raggedy car, with getting close to my rear at every stop light.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 01:45 PM   #124
jcamaro37f

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Racer View Post
I had a fool follow me last night for 2 hours, in the rain, on I-55 South and he wouldn't go away. Every exit I used to lose him he took as well and kept with me going back onto the expressway time and again. I did that 3 times and this jerk kept following. Nothing happened earlier so I can't think of anything I might have done to piss somebody else off but this dude followed me from Chicago to Decatur Illinois.

This was a 180 mile trip that usually takes almost 3 hours. This person had to be up to something. A few times he got way too close to my car and I couldn't make any sense of what he was doing but it was creepy to say the least.

Has this happened to any of you? If so what did you do?

Would you have called the police?

To finally get away I deployed counter measures...

Yes call PD ASAP.

This has happened twice to me in completely different ends of the spectrum.

One guy tailed me for a few miles. Finally got around him to ask what his problem was. He replied," you're driving drunk so I called the police on you." ( I don't ever drink and drive) I ended up losing the guy and called the Highway Patrol and turns out he did report me. Cop came to the house and spoke to me and then told me they caught that same guy on the freeway a few miles away drunk...

The other one is a car began following me in downtown San Francisco, so I took a couple of side streets and still had the tai. Hopped on the Bay Bridge hoping it would deter him.. did not.. he followed. I started thinking evasive maneuvers as my training dictates. All safe and all legal. Just a series of lane changes and turns that help determine if I was being followed. As I was approaching an exit and was about to call PD.. the car behind me lights turn on.. turned out to be a cop. We took the next exit and he asked me what I was doing and I explained why I did it. We had a good laugh and chatted.

You never know who's following you OP. Could be a avid camaro lover who just saw TF4. Or someone else looking to harm you or property. Just an FYI, there has been a lot of stolen camaros floating around. So perp could be looking for places you park or live so your vehicle may be a potential target.

I know most of us would like flex our way out of it; but let's face it. There's a lot of loonies out there with no thought to life or limb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-22-2014, 01:57 PM   #125
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Random: A long time ago, when I was but a young pup, I had beat a car full of unsavory types with my car full of friends, off the line on a "cruise night." Figured it was all on good ol' Saturday night, red light to red light fun. Not the case... a gun came out, and I had to evade.

A while later, however, I was filling up at a gas station (time check: this was so long ago, that ya pumped and THEN paid... back when the gasoline was still warm from being a dinosaur). I saw the car screech to a stop in the road, wheels spun in reverse, and they headed towards me. I yanked the pump handle out, and bolted... lucky for me, I escaped again.

HOURS later, I returned to the gas station to pay for the fuel that I had "stolen." The clerk remebered seeing me bolt, but he said that I had only pumped about 1/2 of a gallon... which was weird, because I got a lot more than that, for sure... damn ear filled up my tank, easily got 12- 15 gallons from there. But, he said I owed him less than a buck, which I paid.

Net result: Score!
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 02:24 PM   #126
anotherreject

Drives: no camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Racer View Post
I had a fool follow me last night for 2 hours, in the rain, on I-55 South and he wouldn't go away. Every exit I used to lose him he took as well and kept with me going back onto the expressway time and again. I did that 3 times and this jerk kept following. Nothing happened earlier so I can't think of anything I might have done to piss somebody else off but this dude followed me from Chicago to Decatur Illinois.

This was a 180 mile trip that usually takes almost 3 hours. This person had to be up to something. A few times he got way too close to my car and I couldn't make any sense of what he was doing but it was creepy to say the least.

Has this happened to any of you? If so what did you do?

Would you have called the police?

To finally get away I deployed counter measures...

I would have found a well lit area that i knew had cameras, upholstered my 40 caliber friend and waited for them to approach.
anotherreject is offline   Reply With Quote