Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

River City Camaro Customs
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old 03-21-2013, 07:31 PM   #76
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
New fog light halos. Best $5 mod I've done in a while!

Old 03-23-2013, 06:46 AM   #77
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Hit 40k miles today..
Old 03-23-2013, 09:39 AM   #78
nicave13@gmail.com
LED god

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange Camaro SS/RS
Fog lights look great! 40k already? I've had mine since July of 09 and have 43k! You must drive a lot!
Old 03-23-2013, 10:00 AM   #79
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Yeah I drive it every day to work which is like 35 miles 1 way. Also go to a lot of shows throughout summer in other cities about an hour and a half drive from my house lol. Enjoying every minute of those miles!

I bought the car with 14k on it in December of 2011.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:10 AM   #80
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Weekend project:
Demon Eyes and new grill lights....again.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:41 PM   #81
nicave13@gmail.com
LED god

That's gonna be a fun little project!

6 strips for the grill??? Wow, I wanna see how this turns out. You decide which way ur gonna wire it? To just blue on JDP, or on with all colors? Gonna be sick either way. I'm finally done with my car, LED wise. Got shorties coming soon and still looking for lowering springs. Below r some pics of my new "brighter" wheel lights! Not a Camaro, but looks good, no?

Video of them.

Attached Images

Old 04-20-2013, 04:05 PM   #82
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicave13@gmail.com View Post
6 strips for the grill??? Wow, I wanna see how this turns out. You decide which way ur gonna wire it? To just blue on JDP, or on with all colors? Gonna be sick either way. I'm finally done with my car, LED wise. Got shorties coming soon and still looking for lowering springs. Below r some pics of my new "brighter" wheel lights! Not a Camaro, but looks good, no?

Video of them.

Yeah I want my grill to be super bright!!

I plan on just wiring them to a switch I've already got that I used when I had grill lights before. Going to wire my fog LEDs to it and my demon eyes to it as well that way I can turn them on during shows and while driving too. Running it straight to the battery with an inline fuse.

Those wheel LEDs are amazing! I really want to do that. Might do my wheel wells with my extra LEDs I've got, I think I have another wheel of 16 ft coming soon too as well as 16ft of non waterproof already for some interior stuff. Lol.

Then my next project will be my trunk piece with blue LEDs.

Hoping to do something like this... Lit up and all. Just have to figure out what material to use. How'd you do your bumblebee thing? What material did you use?

Old 04-20-2013, 04:29 PM   #83
RubyCamaro
SSlayer

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Old 04-23-2013, 07:01 AM   #84
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Got my lights done and my new bumper on. Just gotta work on my switch for everything and add some lights in my hood scoop.

Thinking about getting a front lighted bowtie too to break up the black, but I'm not sure yet.

Old 04-23-2013, 11:52 AM   #85
nicave13@gmail.com
LED god

Looking good mackman!!!
Old 04-25-2013, 10:42 AM   #86
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Looking good Mack, good job on tying everything in with the blue accents.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:52 AM   #87
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
Looking good Mack, good job on tying everything in with the blue accents.
Thanks! I tried lol.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:47 AM   #88
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Gives me an idea of how my car would look lowered. Sitting on a hill.

Just a shot of the dirty car.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:01 PM   #89
nicave13@gmail.com
LED god

My next mod I'm thinking PFADT lowering springs. For the right deal urs gonna looks sweet!
Old 04-28-2013, 07:09 AM   #90
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Yeah. I if I go to my parents house it wi be iffy though. They have a long drive way about 700 ft and its bowing up in the middle from some bulldozers that came through before. I already scrape now. That's my only worry.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:58 PM   #91
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Starting my trunk piece. Ordered carpet, already have the LEDs just gotta put it all together.

Also have a music light controller I'm going to put in the trunk for when I get a sub and amp to set things off. Can't wait!

I'm going to be painting my headlights back black soon too. Maybe changing my LEDs to a different color in the headlights. Maybe too much blue haha. I'm undecided at this time, and the color changing demon eyes don't have enough LEDs in the ring for my taste, instead of having like 30 LEDs it has 15 or something. Just too much dead space. On the search for something different....
Old 05-20-2013, 03:07 PM   #92
nicave13@gmail.com
LED god

I love that trunk piece! Which are you going to go with, clear or black? I like them both! Is that vinyl, or another type of etching? Graphics look sick as! Your piece is going in front of sub box? Or floor of trunk? Either way, nice. Musci controller's are fun, this is the best I found even though it's IR: http://www.ebay.com/itm/130860247307...84.m1439.l2649

It does single color flashing, where most flash from color to color with RGB. Course if you are only doing blue LED's any would be fine. If you really want to replace the little halo's, going with RGB or Blue? Blue superbrightleds.com sells great ones called COB or chip on board. Lil pricey, but bright!!! The diffuser ring, $2 for 80mm, they sell might help the RGB you have, or the cob look more like the factory.

I'm all done with LED's so I gotta live vicariously through you!!! I'm on to performance and big $$$ now. Got my springs installed this weekend, what a pain! PFADT's and it looks awesome! Will know how it rides after alignment. Did front only and it rode like stock, did back and it bobbles a lot now:/

Keep us updated!!!
Old 05-20-2013, 08:42 PM   #93
RubyCamaro
SSlayer

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Very cool! Your imagination & vision is amazing to watch evolve.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:40 AM   #94
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicave13@gmail.com View Post
I love that trunk piece! Which are you going to go with, clear or black? I like them both! Is that vinyl, or another type of etching? Graphics look sick as! Your piece is going in front of sub box? Or floor of trunk? Either way, nice. Musci controller's are fun, this is the best I found even though it's IR: http://www.ebay.com/itm/130860247307...84.m1439.l2649

It does single color flashing, where most flash from color to color with RGB. Course if you are only doing blue LED's any would be fine. If you really want to replace the little halo's, going with RGB or Blue? Blue superbrightleds.com sells great ones called COB or chip on board. Lil pricey, but bright!!! The diffuser ring, $2 for 80mm, they sell might help the RGB you have, or the cob look more like the factory.

I'm all done with LED's so I gotta live vicariously through you!!! I'm on to performance and big $$$ now. Got my springs installed this weekend, what a pain! PFADT's and it looks awesome! Will know how it rides after alignment. Did front only and it rode like stock, did back and it bobbles a lot now:/

Keep us updated!!!
Thanks man! The trunk piece is going to on my deck lid. So when you open the trunk it'll be at the top. I am going to think of something else maybe for the back of the trunk/back seat as well. I am using both pieces the black and the clear. Putting the back on the bottom with a spacer in between them so it gives that 3D effect. Wrapping it in the carpet like in the trunk so it looks like it belongs lol.

I have see the COB led rings but I don't like how they're yellow. I need to get an led ring that is black since I will be repainting my headlights black I think the white led ring would stick out real bad when the lights are off. These were only $5 for both so I can't count it as a loss lol. Maybe I will use them in the trunk somehow or something with another piece. Do they make COBs in rgb?? If so I will probably do that and live with the yellow lol. I drive with all the lights on always anyways so only would look weird at a stop. I could do the diffuser rings I've looked at those I may try that out too...

I'd love to lower my car and do performance but I am not at the point to start spending big money haha. I am still in love with eBay and its <$10 mods lol! All cosmetic now, I REALLY want to add ABL to my interior and do like what you did but wow that looks like a lot of work! It definitely looks awesome though I was showing my wife your car the other day. She loves it too hah. Definitely love the trunk piece with Bumblebee.

I'm sure I will think of some more projects to do with lighting and cosmetics then I will maybe move to some performance like CAI, and stuff. Nothing major though.

--
Thanks Jan! This is my therapy, working on my car lol.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:58 AM   #95
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Got 2 projects going on now - speedometer color change and courtesy lights for the doors.

Got the speedometer taken apart and just waiting for the LEDs to come in on Wednesday. I am slowly going to change all then Ice Blue lights inside my car to blue.

Here are some pics.

I'm going to put in the door lights shortly then hopefully next weekend I can get my speedometer changed. Thinking of painting the needle white, but I'm not quite sure yet what I'm gonna do.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:55 AM   #96
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Got my door projectors installed. Not too happy with them, they're not visible at all during the day and it has to be pitch black to see them really. So I am thinking about installing these on my wife's Equinox since it just says Chevrolet and making my own that say MackMan... I hope. Another for the project book....... lol. Never ending!

Finally getting around to some of my projects. Did 1 side of the speedometer yesterday. Going to finish the other side and maybe get it installed tonight/tomorrow. I will post pics ones it's installed and working. (Hopefully first time lol)

Working on my trunk piece as well, got my carpet in to mesh it with the carpet already on the trunk lid - also bought my wood to space the 2 pieces of plexiglass apart to put the LEDs to light the whole thing. Should be cutting and soldering the LEDs tonight or tomorrow while I'm doing the speedometer and stuff.

Thinking long and hard about getting a set of Technostalgia tail lights from Apex... I think they'd be an awesome addition to my lighting addiction lol. Also going to start saving for some ZL1 Replicas. Hope to have them by the end of this year if I get some of my side business stuff going lol. Fixing computers on the side is a little slow at the moment and I've gotta collect from some people I've done work for so that'll get me the tail lights for sure just saving for the wheels! Can't wait... Going to do gloss or flat black with a blue pin stripe.

I need a project buddy - someone move to Winchester, KY and we will make some bad ass Camaro stuff together haha.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:23 PM   #97
TwentyTen2SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Have like exact same stuff I want to do with my car too.. have got a round to a lot of it, but we have the same sort of theme going with black and blue..

I need to figure out the grill lights. Right now my footwells are wired to my cig lighter so they are always on (i like it like that) so I'd have to put in a switch for grill lights, but not the best with lighting and fuses and shit. I'll have to keep diggin..
Cold Air Inductions CAI • Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back • matte black hood, trunk and roof wrap • matte white hood spears and rear javelin stripe outlined in yellow pinstriping • Anvil Spoiler • Side Camaro emblem delete • Gloss black rear bowtie • heritage grill • SLP front splitter
TwentyTen2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:36 PM   #98
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Yeah I'm not the best with switches either. I had a HARD time getting my grill lights and my demon eyes on 1 switch to work correctly. Burnt up 2 switches in the process......

I still don't think I understand what I had to do to get it to work. I ended up asking Nicave, he is pretty good at stuff like that. He posted a few posts up about the wheel lights and things.

I can't wait to get the speedometer done and the trunk piece. Contemplating getting a new set of fender vents now that are the correct size but they're white but they're a hell of a deal so I don't think I can pass them up. Sets me back on the Technostalgia lights though but won't be long before I get those!
Old 06-21-2013, 07:09 PM   #99
TwentyTen2SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Your vents are the wrong size??
Cold Air Inductions CAI • Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back • matte black hood, trunk and roof wrap • matte white hood spears and rear javelin stripe outlined in yellow pinstriping • Anvil Spoiler • Side Camaro emblem delete • Gloss black rear bowtie • heritage grill • SLP front splitter
TwentyTen2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:10 PM   #100
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Yeah they're mustang ones. It said mustang Camaro but the mustang ones are a little smaller and don't follow the body lines. Learned that after we cut the hole..... Lol.