Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 4th Generation Camaros

Old 06-23-2013, 09:54 AM   #1
l3lomi

Drives: 1999 camaro ss
99 Ss engine rebuild,help!!!

Yeah so I have a 99 Ss and I drove it through some rain water and stalled out and my cars been sitting for about a month now and a close friend of mine took out the spark plugs and tried to suck out any water but there wasn't very much in it do you guys think a simple tune up will get my car running? Any info would help and also if my engine needs rebuilding does anyone know a good place in the Houston area that aren't crooks that are going to just steal my money. Also keep in mind I'm a 22 year old college student so I don't have 10000 to just drop on a performance rebuild.thanks in advance and any info is appreciated
l3lomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 03:10 PM   #2
Robert02

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
First if it has been sitting with water in the cylinders take all the sparh plugs out and spray some WD40 in each cylinder. Not alot but, enough to lube. Then take a ratchet and socket and put it on the crank pulley. Turn clockwise. Don't force it though it maybe rusted cause of the water and you may have to let it soak in. If it turns over ok then do a copression check. This will tell you if you have to rebuild or not if it will not turn over then you may have to rebuild or buy a used motor. Good luck!
Robert02 is offline   Reply With Quote