Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

HeadlightArmor
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 06-22-2013, 07:24 PM   #76
Hercules

Drives: 13 ZL1 1091, 04 Ram 2500, 12 CX9
Some parts stores actually carry the clamps. You are supposed to use a special tool to squeeze the clamp shut, it pushes down on the center while you squeeze the sides. If I put the original back on I'll just use a hose clamp that can be bought anywhere. It does the same thing it's just not as fancy looking and is removable. A lot of CV boots use those style clamps so people don't mess with them.
Glad to see that everything else went well.

Do you have a dual valve catch can, and if so how did you hook it up to the "T" valve with the hose sizes being different? I'm trying to find a nice plain and clean way to do it.
Hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:08 PM   #77
hawk02
Convertible Three-peat

Drives: 2013 Victory Red ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
Some parts stores actually carry the clamps. You are supposed to use a special tool to squeeze the clamp shut, it pushes down on the center while you squeeze the sides. If I put the original back on I'll just use a hose clamp that can be bought anywhere. It does the same thing it's just not as fancy looking and is removable. A lot of CV boots use those style clamps so people don't mess with them.
Glad to see that everything else went well.

Do you have a dual valve catch can, and if so how did you hook it up to the "T" valve with the hose sizes being different? I'm trying to find a nice plain and clean way to do it.
The biggest issue I had with the install was getting the breather canister positioned away from the pulley. I spent a good hour farting around with the elbow and 90 degree fitting making sure the canister was well away from the pulley. There's a little tilt to the canister but it doesn't appear any more excessive than what I saw in photos of some other installs. The rest of the installation didn't give me any problems.

I have an Elite catch can I transferred from previous Camaro so I didn't need to use the "T" valve.

The weather was so hot and humid this afternoon after I finished the install that I decided to wait until this evening when the temps were a little cooler to take a test drive. Unfortunately a band of thunderstorms came through around 7P and killed that idea. Hopefully the weather will be more cooperative in the morning.

Last edited by hawk02; 06-23-2013 at 09:13 AM.
hawk02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:52 AM   #78
hawk02
Convertible Three-peat

Drives: 2013 Victory Red ZL1 Convertible
The weather did cooperate this morning. Temps were in the upper 60's around 8am. Car does feel like is has a little more pull. And I love the sound of the supercharger under acceleration. I thought is was going to be a high pitched whirl but it's more like a whoosh sound. Very nice.

Here's a photo of my engine compartment with the Roto-fab intake. Photos from my iPhone in direct sunlight make it look like my car IOM but I swear it's victory red.
Attached Images

Old 06-23-2013, 11:03 AM   #79
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk02 View Post
The weather did cooperate this morning. Temps were in the upper 60's around 8am. Car does feel like is has a little more pull. And I love the sound of the supercharger under acceleration. I thought is was going to be a high pitched whirl but it's more like a whoosh sound. Very nice.
At WOT above 4k rpm, it's defiantly a high pitched sound like a whistle.
Very easy to hear with the top down, and I LOVE IT.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:07 PM   #80
580/556 ZL1

Drives: 2013ZL1/A6/T.BLACK
awesome MOD its a MUST!!!!BTW my W/W is toching my filter dunno why! may be it will scub and damage the filter

Last edited by 580/556 ZL1; 08-08-2013 at 08:23 PM.
580/556 ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 07:22 PM   #81
ricky_ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro
Damn. I threw my "t" away!
ricky_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote