Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

RDP Motorsport
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > V8 Bolt-Ons & Tunes

V8 Bolt-Ons & Tunes Intake, exhaust, tunes, other bolt-ons.

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 08-19-2012, 01:25 PM   #1
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Talking Looking For The "Best Camaro SS Intake"? APEX Motorsports Has The Answer!!

With performance parts there is rarely a blanket “best” anything. There is always a solution that is best for your specific purposes and application though. With dozens of intakes systems of varying designs available for these cars it can be a little overwhelming trying to narrow things down, but the team at APEX Motorsports is here to help.

At APEX Motorsports we are determined to earn your trust and lifelong business through hard work, an unapologetic commitment to selectively stocking only the highest quality products, and a tireless dedication to service. You can rest assured that any product we offer has proven to perform in the real world.

The following posts will highlight some of the Camaro SS air induction options available at APEX Motorsports. If you would like to consult with one of our knowledgeable team members about the details of your application feel free to call us at (502) 930-APEX or simply CLICK HERE to send us an email.

Thank You,

Chase Robbins
President, Apex Motorsports Incorporated
(502) 930-APEX

Last edited by Apex Motorsports; 08-19-2012 at 02:11 PM.
Apex Motorsports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:26 PM   #2
Apex Motorsports

Cold Air Inductions Inc. (CAI Inc)

$399.99 shipped for ALL CAI Inc systems at Apex Motorsports! No shipping, no "handling" fees, no waiting, no games!!!

CAI Inc. air intake systems are by far the most popular air intake systems we carry for the 2010+ Camaro SS. This is due to a winning combination of quality, performance, and style. In addition to strong initial results, we have found that as supporting mods are introduced the CAI Inc systems continue to respond well and do not become a choke point like some other systems can.

In our experience these systems consistently produce an additional 15 peak rwhp and 12 peak rwtq with slightly stronger average numbers across the RPM range on bone stock cars. It is a difference you will feel and hear. Maximize your gains with a cold air scoop and APEX washer bottle replacement kit. Packages now available!!

CAI Inc Intake Systems Include:
- Aluminum Insulated Air Box
- Air Box lid with 1/4 turn fasteners
- 4" (101.6mm) Ceramic Coated Intake Tube
- CAI, Inc. Cone Filter
- Black Silicone Coupler / Stainless Clamps
- Installation instructions

Ceramic coated finish

Black textured powder coat finish

Here are what a few of our customers from Camaro5 have had to say:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshBobGuptaMarley View Post
So I ordered Friday night. Order went through on Monday, intake was installed Wednesday after I got of work. Shipping was fast and free and that's why I love ordering from Apex!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobalt View Post
Got my CAI intake from Apex a while back. Super fast shipping and great pricing! Thanks Apex!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack's Girl View Post
Thank you so much Chase! Ordered my CAI intake Sunday, shipped Monday and got it yesterday and installed! Great service! Love the performance! 1000% satisfied!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KybheSS View Post
Ordered my CAI intake from Apex and had it the next day . Couldn't wait so I took it straight out of the box and started putting it on. It took me about 45 min to do as, literally, this is the first thing I have EVER done on a car. 15 min of that was finding where they hid the dam* battery (for all the people like me, it's in the trunk). I will post pictures later, my only complaint was that the pictures on the instructions where not of very good quality. Love my CAI intake though. Looks good and I get a lot more responsiveness when I hit the gas. Apex was really easy to work with also, nothing but good things about them. Installing the scoop as soon as I get a hold of a low profile jack. Pictures and more dummy advice to come.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaniacFan View Post
Exact same positive experience for me as well. Chase PM'd me that the CAI Inc, CAI's were arriving for shipment - received my tracking info and less than a week later, "my package" arrived.

Class Act... Thankx for all you guys do. Glad to have you here representing "Camaro-Nation". Lori
Quote:
Originally Posted by egad09 View Post
Congrats on the new CAI. Your gonna love it. And i agree Service was wonderful start to finish from the team @ Apex (esp. Chase)!
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain5706 View Post
Chase thanks for the quick turn around on the shipment. I have it installed it and I cannot believe the difference it has made. Thanks again and I'll looking you up for the next upgrade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyteMamba View Post
thanks again apex. timely response, free shipping, great service! highly recommended

This air intake system qualifies for bundle package pricing when combined with the air scoop and washer reservoir replacement kit shown below. No coupon or discount codes needed. Discount is applied automatically when items are added to your shopping cart

For added power, consider adding a supplemental air scoop to your aftermarket intake system!

Adding a supplemental air scoop to your aftermarket intake? Be sure to pick up an Apex Motorsports Washer Reservoir Relocation Kit. (shown below)

Last edited by Apex Motorsports; 08-19-2012 at 02:03 PM.
Old 08-19-2012, 01:26 PM   #3
Apex Motorsports

Roto-Fab

$349.95 shipped

Roto-Fab air intake systems offer the ultimate option in customization.

Roto-fab 2010+ Camaro Intakes
  • Air Box custom made to keep engine/radiator heat away from your filter.
  • Molded air box adapter tube incorporates the MAF (mass air flow) sensor.
  • Large 6" filter mounting flange.
  • Inlet elbow available in cross link poly (plastic), polished or painted stainless steel or with carbon fiber hydragraphics finish
  • High quality silicone hoses available in a variety of colors.
  • Air Box available in a variety of colors.
  • Installs easily using factory mounting points.
  • Doesn't set any codes/ no tuning required.
  • Oil or dry filter available.
The above pricing includes black plastic tube, black hoses, high gloss black air box, and oiled air filter. Air boxes can be custom painted any color. The powder coat finish is durable and provides a close color match however varies slightly from run to run. Also the surface isn’t quite as smooth as the automotive finish. Please allow at least 1-2 week lead time for automotive painted finishes.

Maximize your gains with an APEX cold air scoop and washer bottle replacement kit. Packages now available!!

This air intake system qualifies for bundle package pricing when combined with the air scoop and washer reservoir replacement kit shown below. No coupon or discount codes needed. Discount is applied automatically when items are added to your shopping cart

For added power, consider adding a supplemental air scoop to your aftermarket intake system!

Adding a supplemental air scoop to your aftermarket intake? Be sure to pick up an Apex Motorsports Washer Reservoir Relocation Kit. (shown below)

Last edited by Apex Motorsports; 08-19-2012 at 02:10 PM.
Old 08-19-2012, 01:27 PM   #4
Apex Motorsports

Below are some accessories that are available at APEX Motorsports that will help maximize your gains.

Apex Washer Tank Relocation and Scoop Package

Get the most out of your CAI Inc or Roto-Fab intake system with an intake bundle from Apex Motorsports. When you purchase any CAI Inc. or Roto-Fab air intake systems with a supplemental air scoop and washer reservoir relocation kit you will receive unbeatable bundle pricing. Already have an intake system? No problem, the scoop and washer tank kit get a discounted price when purchased together without an intake. No discount code required.

There have been several Camaro5 members who have post outstanding DIY install threads for the Apex Washer Tank Relocation Kit and Air Scoop package. Here are a few links.

DIY - ADM Scoop & Apex Washer Tank Installed with a CAI intake
By: ClutchKargo

Apex Motorsports Washer Tank Relocation Kit & Air Scoop
By: edgar3

Apex Motorsports Washer Fluid Tank Replacement Kit Now Available!!!
By: Darth_Emma

Quote:
Originally Posted by clg_98ta View Post
I installed the Cold Air Inductions CAI two weeks ago. I did not notice any performance difference over the following week. The following weekend I installed the (APEX) scoop and washer relocation kit. The difference was amazing, especially at around 3000 rpms and up. Car pulls much harder now, and sounds different too...

So I definitely recommend it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post
Had the CAI installed a few months ago, just never got around to installing the relo and scoop till this past weekend....after driving around with just the CAI, which itself made adifference in the feel, and now with the scoop, I can tell you that there seems to be a major improvement with the scoop. My butt Dyno definatly feels and hears a big difference compared to just the CAI....definatly recommend the scoop. One of the best cost to performance ratio's Ive done so far to my Camaro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
EASY SHMEASY.

Took me all of an hour and a half to install.

I put it up on blocks to get the jack under it, took off the wheel, took out the wheel well liner and went to work. It's VERY straight forward and directions really aren't needed... I mounted the washer inlet inside the rotofab CAI. Looks like it was meant to be there. Works great!

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chichi View Post
I just installed a CAI, scoop, and a windshield washer relocate kit that I bought from APEX. The install went smooth with no problems. When I was done I took my car for a spin and WOW what a difference. It seemed to run a lot smoother and faster.

I would like to say APEX has super fast shipping, I placed my order on Friday evening and received it on Wednesday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeboe View Post
Results:

Uhmmm yeah it is noticeable..wow!!!! The install was good and clean, the CAI just looks right down sexy as hell, CAI inc makes a good intake! it dresses up the engine nicely.... Sound has improved! and throttle response is smooth and shifts cleans. I recommend the Scoop WW kit and CAI to anyone.. got mines from Chase at APEX-great guy to to business with!

CAI Inc. ceramic coated intake
+ Air scoop
+ Apex washer bottle kit
--------------------------------------
$504.97

Roto-Fab intake (no options)
+ Air scoop
+ Apex washer bottle kit
---------------------------------------
$454.93

CAI Inc. black intake
+ Air scoop
+ Apex washer bottle kit
$504.97

Air scoop
+ Apex washer bottle kit
$134.98

Air scoop
$74.95

VMAX CNC Spiral Ported Throttle Body

VMAX CNC Spiral Ported Throttle Body: $150

Fits 2010-2012 Chevrolet Camaro equipped with LS3, L99 or LS7 V8.

Unequaled in performance gains and throttle response as well as improved driveability, VMAX CNC spiral ported throttle bodies are the ultimate in computer aided technology that makes all hand ported units a thing of the past. Average gains of 12-16 RWHP. NO tuning needed but even more performance may be gained with good tuning. Your throttle body core must be received back within seven business days of receiving your CNC spiral ported throttle body in order to be refunded your core charge. Instructions for the return are included with each CNC spiral ported throttle body shipped.

Last edited by Apex Motorsports; 08-19-2012 at 02:31 PM.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:03 PM   #5
Apex Motorsports

"Strong" GM Mass Air Flow Sensor

What makes a MAF sensor “weak” or “strong”?

The simple explanation is that “weak” sensors are not showing the same resistance levels as the “strong” sensors. The MAF sensors that have been identified as “weak” read 1560-1670HZ at idle with the A/C off while a “strong” MAF reads at 1800MHZ. During on road, light throttle input the MHZ are slow and weak in response to throttle changes which is what causes the hesitation and throttle lag. At wide open throttle the “weak” MAF shows 120-170MHZ lower than the 8600MHZ the “strong” MAF sensors will show on the same car. Depending on what intake modifications are made the fuel trim with a “weak” MAF can range from -25% on the high end to -3% with just a simple aftermarket panel replacement filter. Pull the “weak” sensor and install a “strong” sensor and within seconds fuel trim is back to 0% and MHZ are back to 1800+. This will instantly change the personality of a car as was demonstrated in this post on Camaro5.com.

How can I tell if my MAF is “weak” or “strong”?

It is very simple. Remove the MAF sensor from your intake tube and take a look at the code inside the indented window. Any single letter MAF is “weak” and any MAF that features a letter followed by a number like the one in the picture below is “strong”.

Setting things straight

There are two points of confusion that seem to constantly come up when this topic is discussed:

1) This is a hardware issue with the MAF sensor and not a tune issue. The “weak” MAF needs to be replaced and the issue can not be corrected with a tune.

2) The “weak” sensors function just fine and are within OEM tolerances when the car remains in the stock configuration. Once additional air flow is introduced is when problems arise. Because of that it is not something that GM will replace under warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewCzar View Post
I bought one from Chase and it made a noticeable difference in how my 2SS drove. The "bogged down" feel when accelerating was all but gone after swapping this out. Does it give you HP? Nah Does it give you better throttle response? YES

Definitely a noticeable SOP boost.

I ran that for a day, then added on the CAI scoop for even better response.

Old 08-23-2012, 05:59 AM   #6
Apex Motorsports

Members of the forums we sponsor have become accustomed to reading quotes like these on a regular basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroNewb View Post
+1 for Chase. I bought these form him like 2 weeks ago and they were at my door so fast that I couldn't figure out what they were until I opened the box.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious View Post
Ordered mine on Friday had it Monday. Ordered a washer relocation tank Wednesday. Had it on Friday. Just like a Camaro, fast!
Quote:
Originally Posted by puzzzeler View Post
I would have to agree Apex for sure really fast shipping these guys are on the ball ,give them a shot you cant go wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikester0612 View Post
And I just wanted to give a big thanks to Apex Motorsports for the great service. Ordered this CAI on Wednesday in the afternoon around 1 and I got it on Friday !! Thanks Apex !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshBobGuptaMarley View Post
So I ordered Friday night. Order went through on Monday, intake was installed Wednesday after I got of work. Shipping was fast and free and that's why I love ordering from Apex!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andys562 View Post
Just got the springs in today! Planning on getting them installed a little later today or tomorrow.

But wow! Apex ships FAST. I did NOT expect the springs to be on my doorstep today and what do you know, they're right there.
Big ups to Apex for the lightning fast shipping.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ark5thGenGirl View Post
First of all I want to give a big thank you to Chase and Victoria from Apex Speed. I needed this part on Friday and I ordered it Wednesday; they called me personally to handle my request and got it to me really fast. They were great to work with and I really appreciate the awesome customer service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfm237 View Post
Ordered the SW Retro Chambered exhaust and Black CAI on Monday.. The Exhaust arrived on Wednesday and the CAI on thursday... Thats to New Jersey.. A+++ To Apex for their quick shipping!
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Muscle View Post
apex chase, Hurst shifter got delivered today, took only 2 days to get to CT!! Going to install it tonight, thanks for the fast service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boricat View Post
Unbelievable!!
Ordered on 5/28 on the doorstep 5/29!!

Thanks again,
Joe
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritcherc View Post
I sent Chase a couple of emails, told him what I wanted and a few days later it was on my doorstep. Chase and Apex have been a pleasure to deal with and I couldn't be happier in my decision to do business with them. Great product support, easy to get ahold of and fast shipping!!!! Two thumbs up in my book! Thanks, Chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack's Girl View Post
Thank you so much Chase! Ordered my CAI intake Sunday, shipped Monday and got it yesterday and installed! Great service! Love the performance! 1000% satisfied!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrrod6410 View Post
Ordered mine Friday afternoon and got it Tuesday morning......WOW

Now I'm off to install it
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS CAMARO View Post
Talk about fast shipping I got 1 day after you shipped it .
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBOSS View Post
Chase I am truly impressed! Ordered my Pfadt drop springs Sunday night and got them early Wednesday morning! A truly unexpected delivery which made my day!

Now to find a time to throw them on!

Thanks again, I am VERY impressed!!

How Do We Do It?

From the beginning, our operation was set up to function as rapidly and efficiently as possible. Most of our order processing system is automated which means that an order can be completely processed and ready for pick up within minutes of the order being placed. Unlike many of our competitors, APEX Motorsports is a stocking distributor for most of the brands we carry and not a dedicated drop shipper. This allows us to ship in stock items the same day or next if the order is received after our last pick up. In the event that an item is out of stock, APEX Motorsports has access to multiple extensive distributor networks and can draw on the inventories of dozens of regional warehouses across the country and ship the item from the warehouse closest to you.

APEX Motorsports has another key advantage over our competition. Our physical location. Like Amazon, Zappos, and many other major shippers APEX Motorsports is located in Louisville, Ky. which places us within 600 miles of more than 60% of the United States population. It also places us only a few miles from the UPS World Hub. That means that once your order leaves our loading dock it doesn't have to travel 1-2 days to be processed before being directed to your address. It is done within hours of the order being placed and is on it's way to your door, more than 60% of which aren't very far down the road.

Below is a map displaying the estimated delivery times for orders shipped from APEX Motorsports.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:08 PM   #7
Apex Motorsports

Old 08-29-2012, 09:25 PM   #8
MikeMoach

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS
Never short on info chase, great work as always
MikeMoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:13 PM   #9
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMoach View Post
Never short on info chase, great work as always
Thank you.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:41 PM   #10
Jeffm
ICANHAZ

Drives: 2013 CRT 1SS/RS
how much for the CAI and the Lady?
Jeffm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:28 AM   #11
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS CAI Inc. CAI, Cam, Tune
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffm View Post
We have a MAP policy for the CAI, not sure about Amanda
Old 09-25-2012, 08:35 AM   #12
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
We have a MAP policy for the CAI, not sure about Amanda
CAI Inc intake systems are $399.99 shipped at Apex. We could probably arrange for a personal delivery from Apex Amanda but that would cost more than the intake.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:49 PM   #13
Jeffm
ICANHAZ

Drives: 2013 CRT 1SS/RS
might be worth it
Jeffm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:48 PM   #14
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
might be worth it
I can't argue with that.
Old 10-26-2012, 06:53 PM   #15
Zyklon-SS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS LS3
Hi Chase, I'd like to place an order
CAI black powder coated
Washer bottle relocation
Scoop
let me know how I should proceed as I am located in Canada
Thanks
Zyklon-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:42 AM   #16
Apex Motorsports

PM sent Zyklon-SS.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:23 PM   #17
Mike2ss
Airborne Pathfinder

Drives: Stingray Z51
will the Roto fab work with a S/C, I was told it might but it might require a re-tune?
Old 11-21-2012, 06:06 AM   #18
Apex Motorsports

There is a Roto-Fab model for supercharged applications. You will definitely want to have your tune at least looked at when you change your intake.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:53 PM   #19
2Carats
bock-bock-doodle-atta-dee

Drives: '12 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Location: Way down younder near the hico-uh hico-uh, the cottonwo-uh, the eucalyptus tree, crambone...
Damnit Chase.... how am I suppose to choose which mod is next with all these good deals? You're not making it easy on a brutha.

Mind controlled by Cerebro
Old 03-26-2013, 06:16 PM   #20
Apex Motorsports

LOL, sorry.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:59 PM   #21
CamaroZ28cc

Drives: 85Z28,04TahoeZ71,112SS/RS BLK
Finally took the plunge! Just ordered the CAI CAI, ADM scoop, Roto-fab washer bottle combo; great deal!
CamaroZ28cc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:33 PM   #22
BRAVO 2SS
Aim Small...Miss Small

Drives: Black 2010 2SS/RS M6
will I Have to cut or modify anything to get the scoop to work with the washer relocation kit? Do i have to take the front off the car to install the scoop?
Old 04-25-2013, 08:25 AM   #23
CamaroZ28cc

Drives: 85Z28,04TahoeZ71,112SS/RS BLK
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVO 2SS View Post
will I Have to cut or modify anything to get the scoop to work with the washer relocation kit? Do i have to take the front off the car to install the scoop?
No, you don't have to take the front bumper off, there's a way to get at the mounting location through the drivers side wheel well; just have to take off the wheel/tire and plastic paneling, but there is some plastic cutting involved at the actual scoop mount location.. A bunch of folks here have done nice write-ups/photo docs on this, here are a couple of them ->

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247542

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90068
CamaroZ28cc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:33 PM   #24
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Cannot beat CAI or Apex!

Sent from my 2SS/RS
Old 07-29-2013, 08:14 AM   #25
Cincy10SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Any super Fest deals in Indy on the washer bottle relocate?
K&N Typhoon intake, JBA Shorty headers, Solo mid-pipes/hi-flow cats, GMPP Track Pack axle-back, Vmax ported TB, Billet Custom catch can, billet tensioner pulley, Hines Hex Vents, Z/TA rear spoiler, ProCustom headlight covers, Drake black/riveted quarter window covers, GM satin fuel door, chrome and brushed caps/covers under the hood, EmblemPros underhood bowtie & fuel rail "Camaro" plates, chrome "SS" door kick-panels, chrome trunk latch plate & strut rods, Street Scene lower grille ducts w/LED lights, front bowtie-delete, Yates Performance pedals, 35% tint, etc.
Cincy10SSRS is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
cai inc, ported throttle body, roto-fab, scoop, vararam