Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 06-23-2013, 08:14 AM   #15
Storm T
Can't slow down

Drives: 2013 SS Dusk Edition (Insain Bolt)
Thanks man!! That'll help lots of people for sure.
Storm T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:15 AM   #16
rray

Drives: 2013 GAZ 2SS/RS
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago77 View Post
After going thru multiple tweets; id say yours isn't blown; just loose from the housing and the vibration/rattle is the speaker against the housing. I have yet to find a "perfect fit" to the factory housing, all mine had to be rigged in order to mount... sounds like yours may just have come loose. Easy to remove and check and a lot cheaper fix than a replacement!
I have been pounded with overtime this week, so had no time to remove the door panels to check. The installer put the screw back in so I could not unclip the housing. So do you think hot glue would hold it? I'll give that a test after work tonight.
rray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:29 PM   #17
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: SW 11' 2SS/RS LS3 Vert, Blk/Blk
Quote:
Originally Posted by rray View Post
I have been pounded with overtime this week, so had no time to remove the door panels to check. The installer put the screw back in so I could not unclip the housing. So do you think hot glue would hold it? I'll give that a test after work tonight.
OT=$$$=mods!!!!

Hot glue will hold.... that's what I used last time and this time; I also used a small piece of 1" thick weatherstripping on the back of the speaker which holds it tight against the back of the housing. I still think its just loose for ya; much better than replacing the whole speaker; everyone I blew went completely silent.
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:19 PM   #18
rray

Drives: 2013 GAZ 2SS/RS
Today I got my blown tweeter issue fixed.. The tweeter was good after all.

What I did was convert from high level input to the MS-8, into line level inputs by soldering RCA jacks to the front low level input wires of the BA Amp's X3 connector (pins +15, -7 for Left and +14, -6 for Right) .

This gave me stereo line out from the Mylink HU to feed the MS-8.

At first I was worried I might loose Onstar, but it stayed functional.

Then after calibrating the MS-8 and setting my amp gains I turned it up, and the right tweeter sounded blown again.

So I decide to try one more thing, I unplugged the BA Amp's X2 connector, which only has the center channel speaker on it. This fixed the right tweeter sounding blown.

So I thought about why? Well The MS-8 adds a time delay to time align the speakers, and the center channel must somehow be biased to the right speaker. When I get any clipping on the right tweeter, I am getting it first from the center channel speaker and milliseconds later the tweeter finishes with that same signal, making it sound terrible and blown.

There is ever so slight clipping on some of my MP3's, which must be the root cause, but using a processor means no un-processed channels can be used.

Thanks for the tips Drago77!
rray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:42 PM   #19
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: SW 11' 2SS/RS LS3 Vert, Blk/Blk
Good diagnosis rray!

Glad everyone's systems are up n running!
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote