Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Grabiak Performance Center
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Motorsports Discussions

Camaro Motorsports Discussions Motorsports involving Camaros - Grand-Am, Redline Time Attack, Drift Events, etc.

Old 06-18-2013, 06:14 AM   #101
Zeus95

Drives: IOM 2010 - 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by x3speed View Post
Cost on a brake fluid change? Any ideas for affordable helmets?
I got the Bell Supreme Closed face off of Ebay for $259. I went closed face because all tracks will not take open face and I didn't wanna carry around or pay for 2 helmets.
2010 2SS/RS IOM Upgrades: Fastlane CAI / SLP II Loudmouth axle back / V Max Ported TB / Kook's Step Long Tube Headers / High flow cats / Straightline Tune / BMR front & rear sway bars / Hotchkin End Links / Hurst Short Throw. LG ZR28 Wheels 1 of 2 sets made. Pfadt trailing arms / Diff Bushings & Sub Frame bushings / 1LE Axle & Hubs.
Zeus95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:52 AM   #102
x3speed

Drives: 2013 Victory Red 1SS/1LE w/ DME
I've seen some open faced helmets for $155. I would probably only run at gingerman because the family has a lake house very close to it. Not sure cost/ where to get a brake fluid change.

"If you love something set it free. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it."
x3speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:58 PM   #103
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post
Cool, did you get my message? about ride height & such?
No. Please send it to PGB@PeddersUSA.com
Old 06-18-2013, 12:59 PM   #104
Zeus95

Im getting a quote right now to upgrade pads and fluid. Not sure about cost yet.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
2010 2SS/RS IOM Upgrades: Fastlane CAI / SLP II Loudmouth axle back / V Max Ported TB / Kook's Step Long Tube Headers / High flow cats / Straightline Tune / BMR front & rear sway bars / Hotchkin End Links / Hurst Short Throw. LG ZR28 Wheels 1 of 2 sets made. Pfadt trailing arms / Diff Bushings & Sub Frame bushings / 1LE Axle & Hubs.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:51 PM   #105
tramtwo

Drives: 2013 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzySS View Post
man, i wanna go to this...instead i'm trapped on this stupid tropical island :P
(finally got a chance to use it!!)
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:23 PM   #106
OzzySS

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
(finally got a chance to use it!!)
Lol...nice :P

OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:31 PM   #107
JusticePete

When shopping helmets, look for Snell SA. The A designates automotive.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:08 PM   #108
SparkyDL75
Brian Sparks

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM/Grey
I know the differences and everything between the SA and M ratings. Most of the events I have look at attending are okay with using the M rating.

I have a Snell 2010 M rated helmet that I used last year at the Camaro5Fest. Will this be acceptable at the Gingerman event?

I am hoping to be able to attend but the cost of getting the car ready and travel is a big question right now. If I have to get an new helmet, I probably won't be able to make it.
Drivetrain Maggie2300 (8psi-3.4pulley), CompCam, 85lb injectors, ZL1 fuel pump, ZR1 MAP, Stainless Works LT Headers, QTP Electric Cutouts, Rotofab CAI & Coil Covers, RX Catch Can, Mike Norris tune 643rwhp 598 rwtq
Interior Sparks Polished Speaker Rings, Carbon Fiber Sill Plates, Lloyd Mats Velourtex Trunk Mat

SparkyDL75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:50 PM   #109
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyDL75 View Post
I know the differences and everything between the SA and M ratings. Most of the events I have look at attending are okay with using the M rating.

I have a Snell 2010 M rated helmet that I used last year at the Camaro5Fest. Will this be acceptable at the Gingerman event?

I am hoping to be able to attend but the cost of getting the car ready and travel is a big question right now. If I have to get an new helmet, I probably won't be able to make it.
I used my motorcycle helmet last year.
2SS/RS 400RWHP, Hurst Shifter, Vararam Tune model,SLP Loudmouth axle back, Pedders Camaro Pace Car Kit &, EP7323, PDUSACAM2800, EP1167, ZL1 Calipers, CTS-V rotors, ZL1 Wheels, GTO clutch resevoir, Pedders Camber plates.
Back Street Performance has done a great job with ALL my Performance & Suspension mods, highly recommend them (Rich@BSP) he's in my friends list.
TLSTWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:17 PM   #110
JusticePete

Many of you are aware that Stig's Camaro started on fire resulting in a total loss driving down the street. The lining in a motorcycle rated brain bucket is not fire retardant. It is all good until something goes wrong and the only reason you wear a helmet is for when something goes wrong.

The ONLY reason tracks let you run a car with a M helmet is you have signed away all your rights to sue. If you get hurt you are on your own. It has nothing to do with your safety.

A Well driven stock 5TH Gen runs damn fast on a road course. Gingerman is a very forgiving track with the exception of the last turn off the back straight. Everyone should end the day without incident. As many times as I have never seen a driver require medical attention. There have been fatal accidents... until things go wrong.

We have gone round and round about this for years regarding CamaroCross. If the decision were mine SA rated helmets would be required. Your brain is what you are. It deserves to be in the best helmet you can afford. Helmets come before mods, drinks, dinner... You get the idea. This is my opinion and nothing more. Take it for what you feel it is worth.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:46 PM   #111
Zeus95

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Many of you are aware that Stig's Camaro started on fire resulting in a total loss driving down the street. The lining in a motorcycle rated brain bucket is not fire retardant. It is all good until something goes wrong and the only reason you wear a helmet is for when something goes wrong.

The ONLY reason tracks let you run a car with a M helmet is you have signed away all your rights to sue. If you get hurt you are on your own. It has nothing to do with your safety.

A Well driven stock 5TH Gen runs damn fast on a road course. Gingerman is a very forgiving track with the exception of the last turn off the back straight. Everyone should end the day without incident. As many times as I have never seen a driver require medical attention. There have been fatal accidents... until things go wrong.

We have gone round and round about this for years regarding CamaroCross. If the decision were mine SA rated helmets would be required. Your brain is what you are. It deserves to be in the best helmet you can afford. Helmets come before mods, drinks, dinner... You get the idea. This is my opinion and nothing more. Take it for what you feel it is worth.
Agree +1

Old 06-20-2013, 07:43 PM   #112
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:

Also a fire extinguisher is never a bad idea.
Old 06-23-2013, 01:52 AM   #113
jroc7

Drives: *
Just signed up. I'll apologize in advance for bringing my daily driver and probably getting in everyone's way, but I'll just be there to learn this time.
jroc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:19 AM   #114
TLSTWIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by jroc7 View Post
Just signed up. I'll apologize in advance for bringing my daily driver and probably getting in everyone's way, but I'll just be there to learn this time.
The ONLY way you could get in someones way is if you don't follow the track rules & etticate that you will be told ther,e and signing up for a class/group beyond your abilities.

If you do what you are supposed to & people complain, then I guess they should have signed up for a racing school, which non of this is.

DON'T WORRY ABOUT ANYONE OR ANYTHING BUT WHAT THE INSTRUCTOR TELLS YOU. learn your your abilities, the track lines, braking points, etc. SMOOTH IS FAST.
2SS/RS 400RWHP, Hurst Shifter, Vararam Tune model,SLP Loudmouth axle back, Pedders Camaro Pace Car Kit &, EP7323, PDUSACAM2800, EP1167, ZL1 Calipers, CTS-V rotors, ZL1 Wheels, GTO clutch resevoir, Pedders Camber plates.
Back Street Performance has done a great job with ALL my Performance & Suspension mods, highly recommend them (Rich@BSP) he's in my friends list.
Old 06-23-2013, 08:48 AM   #115
Zeus95

Quote:
Originally Posted by jroc7 View Post
This will be mine and Duff's first track day also. So no worries. Its gonna be fun!!

Old 06-23-2013, 09:06 AM   #116
ssmike
Missing Big Red

Drives: 2013 Equinox CRT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus95 View Post
This will be mine and Duff's first track day also. So no worries. Its gonna be fun!!

My first time too! Can't wait!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:40 PM   #117
JusticePete

First timers. Very cool. You are about experience something so rewarding, but can't yet imagine.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:02 PM   #118
State Funded

Drives: '10 Black SS w/IOM painted stripes
Just signed up.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:44 PM   #119
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
In.

Intermediate Group.

T.

DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP !!!!!!!
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS used to OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:55 PM   #120
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Seems the Holiday Inn Express is all booked up. Do we have a backup hotel?

T.

DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:39 PM   #121
SPCBA
Blake

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Quote:
First timers. Very cool. You are about experience something so rewarding, but can't yet imagine.
hahaha addictions will be made!

for the love of god please wear a proper helmet. my body is beat up but a brain bucket has saved my life a few times. why chance it? most of us have lives..wives kids family responsibilities. i am sure all of those things would be happy with a proper helmet on your head.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:51 PM   #122
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCBA View Post
for the love of god please wear a proper helmet. my body is beat up but a brain bucket has saved my life a few times. why chance it? most of us have lives..wives kids family responsibilities. i am sure all of those things would be happy with a proper helmet on your head.
Listen to this man.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:57 PM   #123
TLSTWIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone View Post
Seems the Holiday Inn Express is all booked up. Do we have a backup hotel?

T.
There is "Choice Hotel" I think it is a Comfort Suites right next door. That is where I am staying.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:22 PM   #124
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Done.^^

Now all I have to do is rebuild the front brakes and I am ready to go. (Yes I have the parts I just need to find the time)

T.

DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:28 PM   #125
TLSTWIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone View Post
Done.^^

Now all I have to do is rebuild the front brakes and I am ready to go. (Yes I have the parts I just need to find the time)

T.

DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
I took my car apart in anticipation of parts that were to arrive this week that are now not arriving until next week. Now I won't have my car this weekend.

I am thinking about getting Pedders camber adjuster plates, but I spent a ton of money on the car this winter on brakes, rotors, tires & wheels

Tags
aimless cant drive.., road course action in mi, ssmike can't get enough