Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Suspension / Brakes / Chassis All suspension, brakes and chassis discussions.

Old 06-18-2013, 09:54 AM   #26
SPCBA
Blake

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
Pete the thing is I don't want the logo. I'll actually try and come up with something that says 1LE.

My problem is that if you do a front and rear painted set up from one of the vendors it's approaching $4K. I can do it cheaper with used parts and rebuild them myself. It will be a hassle. If the GM kit is mid $2K I'm going to go that route. I want black calipers and don't necessarily need fancy rotors the factory stuff will be ample.

I would consider doing the Racing Brakes rebuild kits with the SS pistons.

I'm still in the research phase. The stock SS brakes are really very good for the street and I can see them being adequate for the track until you reach a higher level of driving than I am currently capable of.

It is a 60/40 proposition for me right now 60% looks and 40% performance.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta
the racingbrake rebuild kits for stock ss calipers come with new pistons. simply put i was not expecting a difference in performance or feel. the rebuild gave better heat management as well as a improved "feel" of the peddle. more feedback and control of the peddle was afforded by the rebuild kits.

I would recommend them to anyone...and have the 60% looks and 40% performance screams racingbrake even tho I am using them for 100% performance. They are offerin a complete brake kit using a new rotor, new caliper, fluid, lines, and pads that are getting the final tweaks out as we speak.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:18 PM   #27
JOHNSONROD

Drives: 62 chevy & 2011 1SS/RS manual
they say a picture is worth a thousand words so look at the difference in the pads. the CTS-V brakes have almost twice the surface area as the ss brakes. not to mention that there are staggered sizes in the pistons of the V developed by GM to stop a heavy car. i melted the stock ss setup at VIR in two days.
the top pad is a hawk HP plus SS and the bottom is a hawk DTC 30 CTS-V.
Attached Images

JOHNSONROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:21 PM   #28
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
I knew this before you posted the pic. Did you really have to put up a photo and make me want these more? Thanks a lot... lol
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:24 PM   #29
Firefighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCBA View Post
the racingbrake rebuild kits for stock ss calipers come with new pistons. simply put i was not expecting a difference in performance or feel. the rebuild gave better heat management as well as a improved "feel" of the peddle. more feedback and control of the peddle was afforded by the rebuild kits.

I would recommend them to anyone...and have the 60% looks and 40% performance screams racingbrake even tho I am using them for 100% performance. They are offerin a complete brake kit using a new rotor, new caliper, fluid, lines, and pads that are getting the final tweaks out as we speak.

If I could I would have RB's rotors and rebuild kits in the CTS-V/ZL1 Brembo brakes with a 1LE logo on them.

If this business deal I'm working on goes through I will... soon.
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:20 PM   #30
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
If I could I would have RB's rotors and rebuild kits in the CTS-V/ZL1 Brembo brakes with a 1LE logo on them.

If this business deal I'm working on goes through I will... soon.
Is that a Camaro5 moderator soon or a real soon ;-)
Old 06-24-2013, 08:19 PM   #31
Firefighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Is that a Camaro5 moderator soon or a real soon ;-)
Hopefully in the next month... it'll bring me a steady monthly income just for modding. LoL

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta