Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
HRE Wheels
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2013, 12:37 PM   #15
victoryred1ss
 
victoryred1ss's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS M6 2016 2SS A8
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Utah
Posts: 553
Are those numbers corrected or actual?
__________________
TVS 2300 721RWHP 686RWTQ
Built by Me
Suspension done by JDP
Tune done by JRE
victoryred1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:06 PM   #16
ls7camaro
 
Drives: 2010 camaro
Join Date: May 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 394
Only 22 more hp and it will be the most hp that engines made.
ls7camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:58 PM   #17
AngelSpeedFreak
Most hated in NM....
 
AngelSpeedFreak's Avatar
 
Drives: Sold the 6POINT2, went to a 50THZ06
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 2,911
Quote:
Originally Posted by victoryred1ss View Post
Are those numbers corrected or actual?
Pretty sure that is SAE.

Good luck with the build Jeremy... Hope you get this sorted out soon, I just don't know why the numbers seem so low.
__________________
AngelSpeedFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:03 PM   #18
steveo9043

 
steveo9043's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th AE 2SS Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Chicago IL
Posts: 1,126
do me a favor. throw the stock 45th wheels on and do the dyno pull again. I want to pretend it is mine!
__________________
2012 45th L99 SS-Cold air inductions CAI-Dynatech LT's-Solo mach XL catback
333hp/341tq (before LT's)
steveo9043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:10 PM   #19
xjer22x

 
xjer22x's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 rs/ss black # 10,308
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: hoffman estates, il
Posts: 913
lol steveo

Hey jeremy, what kind of IAT's are you seeing?
xjer22x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:45 PM   #20
2SS45th


 
2SS45th's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 Seconds or Faster
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Arvada, Colorado
Posts: 2,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo9043 View Post
do me a favor. throw the stock 45th wheels on and do the dyno pull again. I want to pretend it is mine!
Sure thing!
__________________
I Ain't About That Stock Life.

2SS45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 04:15 PM   #21
Fiftydriver

 
Fiftydriver's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS RJT L99
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Fort Shaw, Montana
Posts: 1,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS45th View Post
Hit the dyno today with updated tuning, and got some better numbers this time. Best run was 621rwhp and 688rwtq, boost went up from 13ish to 16.4psi and had zero belt slip. Much happier with the results this time, and no limp mode

Don't make fun of my 621whp, it's mighty

You are scaring me away from the 416 ci displacement in a serious way as I to have the Maggie SC. I am thinking it would be much wiser for me to stick with stock cubes so I can get boost numbers up. Its hard to believe your pushing 16.4 lbs of boost and only at 621 rwhp.

I would have thought you would be well over 700 at that boost level........ Hope you find your lost ponies soon, they have to be hiding in there somwhere!!!
__________________
Fiftydriver

2010 SSRS, RJTC, L99, Maggie 2300 SC, 3.4" pulley, Roto-Fab CAI, Dynatech Supermaxx LT headers, Dynatech High Flow cats, Corsa Cat back exhaust, Dual Elite Engineering catch can, MSD wires and Jannetty custom tune, JRE custom diff w/ posi mod, 3.91 LPE gears, Pfaht trailing arms, Pfaht trailing arm and Diff bushings, drop springs and sport sway bars front and back, Fesler dual guage pillar pod w/ AM Cobalt Boost and A/F guages.

More to come!!
Fiftydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:19 PM   #22
2SS45th


 
2SS45th's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 Seconds or Faster
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Arvada, Colorado
Posts: 2,803
I am losing 50hp just to my lower compression right off the bat. Then you factor in that I don't have the spacer or some of the other little tricks and it starts to make sense. I figure with nitrous and all the tricks I could hit 900 to the tire.
__________________
I Ain't About That Stock Life.

2SS45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:49 PM   #23
Detoxx03
ЯєŧąяĐ Єlímíиąŧ°я Ö
 
Detoxx03's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Corvette
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Woodward Avenue
Posts: 857
A Maggie on a 416 isn't the greatest idea anyway. If you want more cubes fiftydriver get a bigger blower that will be more efficient on it.
__________________

D1SC Procharger 881/773 on E85
A Futral Motorsports Creation
https://www.facebook.com/DetoxxAtomic
Detoxx03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:53 PM   #24
Fiftydriver

 
Fiftydriver's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS RJT L99
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Fort Shaw, Montana
Posts: 1,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx03 View Post
A Maggie on a 416 isn't the greatest idea anyway. If you want more cubes fiftydriver get a bigger blower that will be more efficient on it.
Ya I know, my car is a 100% street ride so I love the low end grunt of the TVS2300 and as my car will run in the idle to 4500 rpm range for 90% of its life on the street I will be happy if I can get 650 rwhp.

I have been told this is practical with the Maggie and a properly set up 376 but anything more and its better to go larger displacement.

Just really do not want to put another $7000-$9000 into another supercharger kit as I already have the Maggie and want to try to work with it if possilbe. Just is looking like stock cubes are the wisest direction to go with the Maggie.
__________________
Fiftydriver

2010 SSRS, RJTC, L99, Maggie 2300 SC, 3.4" pulley, Roto-Fab CAI, Dynatech Supermaxx LT headers, Dynatech High Flow cats, Corsa Cat back exhaust, Dual Elite Engineering catch can, MSD wires and Jannetty custom tune, JRE custom diff w/ posi mod, 3.91 LPE gears, Pfaht trailing arms, Pfaht trailing arm and Diff bushings, drop springs and sport sway bars front and back, Fesler dual guage pillar pod w/ AM Cobalt Boost and A/F guages.

More to come!!
Fiftydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:30 PM   #25
epstein
Account Suspended
 
Drives: SS/RS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Transplanted from NYC..(ret. NYPD).Now in CT
Posts: 904
Send a message via AIM to epstein
Hello Hes In Colorado...... Anyone ever try run 100 yards in Colorado air?
Hes getting killed
epstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:35 PM   #26
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 11,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS45th View Post
I am losing 50hp just to my lower compression right off the bat. Then you factor in that I don't have the spacer or some of the other little tricks and it starts to make sense. I figure with nitrous and all the tricks I could hit 900 to the tire.
You'll never see 900 unless you spray a 200 shot. You're already at 16.4 psi. Much more and it's out if its efficiency range and becomes counter productive.


Accept that or change to a bigger blower.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:36 PM   #27
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 11,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiftydriver View Post
Ya I know, my car is a 100% street ride so I love the low end grunt of the TVS2300 and as my car will run in the idle to 4500 rpm range for 90% of its life on the street I will be happy if I can get 650 rwhp.

I have been told this is practical with the Maggie and a properly set up 376 but anything more and its better to go larger displacement.

Just really do not want to put another $7000-$9000 into another supercharger kit as I already have the Maggie and want to try to work with it if possilbe. Just is looking like stock cubes are the wisest direction to go with the Maggie.
Forge your engine. Especially if you just want a stout street ride.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:03 PM   #28
2SS45th


 
2SS45th's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 Seconds or Faster
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Arvada, Colorado
Posts: 2,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
You'll never see 900 unless you spray a 200 shot. You're already at 16.4 psi. Much more and it's out if its efficiency range and becomes counter productive.


Accept that or change to a bigger blower.
Yeah, I was gonna direct port it and spray it to the moon!

__________________
I Ain't About That Stock Life.

2SS45th is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.