Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old 06-20-2013, 10:37 PM   #3001
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
Jump back to my posts on 5/31/13 if you want to see the pics (not for the faint of heart though)
Stig:

Just saw what happened. Crap. Hope all goes well for you n glad ur ok. Stay strong brother!!
Old 06-21-2013, 04:54 AM   #3002
Tri-Nads Racing
More Balls Than You

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS / 1969 Camaro 427 SS/RS
Sorry to hear about your loss. Hopefully you get the proper amount for what it was worth. When I had my Subaru (before it got totalled ) it was heavily modded and the vehicle was an 04 bought in august 03 and was lost on end of December 2011. For an 8yr old car with about 140k on it blue book value was $7500. Not much but good for 8 yr old car. My insurance wouldnt cover any of my mods even with receipts except for my brake and rotor upgrades and rims. Which was fine cause I ended up removing all my parts and selling on the side. But back to the point, Car was totalled on 12/31/11. I negotiated, argued, begged, and done things, terrible things, I'm not proud of, and after turning down the settlement check 3 times we finally agreed to a price. It took a little more than a month talking with them to finally get my check for the right amount. I ended up receiving $17,200 for my Subie. More than double of blue book , and ended up selling my parts for another $3k, which in turn all was used for a down payment on the '12 2ss I have now. With patience and a stern talk to them, I have no doubt you'll get the price your looking for. Patience pays off. I was blown away for how much I received. Hang in there, all will be right in the end. For someone who goes above and beyond for their community, your time is do, it will pay off in the end. Best of luck to you and in the future.
Tri-Nads Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:43 AM   #3003
The Stig

Drives: out of the ashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post

Hear that RJ, all you have to do is get the car, and C5 will take care of the rest. This really brightened my day.
It brightened your day? Lol - how do you think it made me feel? Couldn't have asked for better friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xX_BLACK_INFERNO_Xx View Post
Stig, I haven't been a member of Camaro5 for that long, but when I first got my Camaro I googled mods and upon finding the forums I stumbled upon your build post and you inspired me to start modding. I admired the care and the time that you took to put that kind of love into Kaylee. You did an amazing job. I don't have a lot of time to do mods even though parts have been starting to pile up. I don't have much on hand to donate at the moment, but what I do have have is a small list of parts I have that haven't been installed yet. If you happen to acquire another C5, PM me or I can PM you what I have. I would be more than happy to donate a part or two. It sickens me to see what happened to you. So sorry for your loss. I couldn't fathom how I'd feel if the same happened to me.
Thank you much for the offer, but I'm focusing on getting into another camaro first

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry_b View Post
Wow! Seriously what a great group of people here on the site!

I really look forward to you getting into a sweet new Camaro!

Just curious, have you found out anything about what the cause may have been?
See what Pete said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by butters View Post
any word on what caused it? Has GM been in contact with you at all?
See what Pete said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
This is an unsettled insurance claim. No matter the cause, there should be no discussion about it. When a settlement has been reached, the claim closed and the check cashed there will be plenty of time to speculate.
Unfortunately Pete hit the nail on the head. Until I have a check from my insurance company I'm not going into details. You guys will just have to be patient - sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre777 View Post
Jeeeez I just found out what happened ,really sorry for your loss ma man !
Thank you much man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGUNNER View Post
Stig:

Just saw what happened. Crap. Hope all goes well for you n glad ur ok. Stay strong brother!!
It definitely could have been a lot worse - could have been trapped in the car for crying out loud. Though I do wear a helmet 24/7 (even on the toilet if you guys remember when I went on "vacation"), so I guess people wouldn't see the horrible burn scars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-Nads Racing View Post
Sorry to hear about your loss. Hopefully you get the proper amount for what it was worth. When I had my Subaru (before it got totaled ) it was heavily modded and the vehicle was an 04 bought in august 03 and was lost on end of December 2011. For an 8yr old car with about 140k on it blue book value was $7500. Not much but good for 8 yr old car. My insurance wouldn't cover any of my mods even with receipts except for my brake and rotor upgrades and rims. Which was fine cause I ended up removing all my parts and selling on the side. But back to the point, Car was totaled on 12/31/11. I negotiated, argued, begged, and done things, terrible things, I'm not proud of, and after turning down the settlement check 3 times we finally agreed to a price. It took a little more than a month talking with them to finally get my check for the right amount. I ended up receiving $17,200 for my Subie. More than double of blue book , and ended up selling my parts for another $3k, which in turn all was used for a down payment on the '12 2ss I have now. With patience and a stern talk to them, I have no doubt you'll get the price your looking for. Patience pays off. I was blown away for how much I received. Hang in there, all will be right in the end. For someone who goes above and beyond for their community, your time is do, it will pay off in the end. Best of luck to you and in the future.
Thank you much. It's good to hear that it all worked out in the end for you, gives me hope that I'll be able to come back strong after all of this.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:18 AM   #3004
45th
Steelers!

Drives: 2012 "The Beast" - 2011 Sierra
Saw your sig pic on another post... Sorry about the car, It was looking good. But now I cant wait to see what you do to the next one!
Old 06-23-2013, 11:02 AM   #3005
BRAVO 2SS
Aim Small...Miss Small

Drives: Black 2010 2SS/RS M6
What Camaro are you getting next STIG?
Old 06-23-2013, 01:15 PM   #3006
whiteknight012
+Will+

Drives: 2011 CAMARO RS (1LT) CGM/BLK
I must be the last person on C5 to know about this, but wow...REALLY sorry to hear about your loss, man. Glad to hear you're (physically) ok.
Old 06-23-2013, 04:08 PM   #3007
Trentin24
Trentin24

Drives: 2010 1LT Camaro
I just learned about what actually happened to your car and I am truly sorry to hear about it. My car got hit Tuesday night and I thought how I am feeling was bad, I can't imagine how you feel right now. I don't have the money to donate, but I'd be willing to help any way I could with your next Camaro! Let us know how everything goes. Take care man.
Old 06-23-2013, 04:48 PM   #3008
GMTool

Drives: AGM 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
As I am cruising around the site I just figured out what happened. Sorry for your loss. Glad your OK. Im sure this event messed with your head. Be strong, take care of business and move on. There's lots of Camaro's to be had. Just one of you.
Old 06-23-2013, 05:56 PM   #3009
dtj122389

Drives: soon: 2013 Camaro ZL1
OMG!!!!!!!!!! Im so sorry STIG. I wish i cud help. I am considering on getting a 2013 Camaro ZL1. I hope this wont happen to me. This has made take a second look at getting camaro.
dtj122389 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 06:55 PM   #3010
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45th View Post
Saw your sig pic on another post... Sorry about the car, It was looking good. But now I cant wait to see what you do to the next one!
Was thinking about keeping it completely stock actually

I'll be honest, I don't think I could keep a car stock if you paid me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVO 2SS View Post
What Camaro are you getting next STIG?
Tomorrow afternoon I'll post an update anybody want to guess?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteknight012 View Post
I must be the last person on C5 to know about this, but wow...REALLY sorry to hear about your loss, man. Glad to hear you're (physically) ok.
No, not the last no worries. Thank you, and thank you for getting that while I'm physically OK, I wouldn't say I'm "ok." Through my work I've learned that after a traumatic experience the best thing is to have something to focus on, something that helps you get through the hard parts - for me, that's been Camaro5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentin24 View Post
I just learned about what actually happened to your car and I am truly sorry to hear about it. My car got hit Tuesday night and I thought how I am feeling was bad, I can't imagine how you feel right now. I don't have the money to donate, but I'd be willing to help any way I could with your next Camaro! Let us know how everything goes. Take care man.
The fact that you took the time to post is more than enough, so thank you. It's honestly amazing how much hearing other people say they understand how Kaylee was "more than a car" to me, you can only put up with so much "but it was just a car" before you start wondering if you're crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMTool View Post
As I am cruising around the site I just figured out what happened. Sorry for your loss. Glad your OK. Im sure this event messed with your head. Be strong, take care of business and move on. There's lots of Camaro's to be had. Just one of you.
You make a really good point, and it's the exact one Pete made when he and I talked earlier. All things said, I did get extremely lucky. My car caught fire while I was driving her and I got out with only a singed eyebrow - could have been much worse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtj122389 View Post
OMG!!!!!!!!!! Im so sorry STIG. I wish i cud help. I am considering on getting a 2013 Camaro ZL1. I hope this wont happen to me. This has made take a second look at getting camaro.
Don't let what happened to me make you think twice about getting a Camaro. If everything works out my next car will be a Camaro.

What this has made me think twice about is fire extinguishers. My new rule is if a car is going to have performance mods, then it's also going to have a fire extinguisher.

Also, really hoping I'll be able to give y'all an update tomorrow afternoon or so.

Quote:
The fact that you took the time to post is more than enough, so thank you. It's honestly amazing how much hearing other people say they understand how Kaylee was "more than a car" to me, you can only put up with so much "but it was just a car" before you start wondering if you're crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMTool View Post
You make a really good point, and it's the exact one Pete made when he and I talked earlier. All things said, I did get extremely lucky. My car caught fire while I was driving her and I got out with only a singed eyebrow - could have been much worse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtj122389 View Post
Don't let what happened to me make you think twice about getting a Camaro. If everything works out my next car will be a Camaro.

What this has made me think twice about is fire extinguishers. My new rule is if a car is going to have performance mods, then it's also going to have a fire extinguisher.

Also, really hoping I'll be able to give y'all an update tomorrow afternoon or so.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:02 PM   #3011
camaro2lt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2lt VR/RS CGM Rally's
1le black
camaro2lt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:40 PM   #3012
2SSRS@Gen5diy
My other car is 2014 Z/28

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Was thinking about keeping it completely stock actually

I'll be honest, I don't think I could keep a car stock if you paid me.

Tomorrow afternoon I'll post an update anybody want to guess?

No, not the last no worries. Thank you, and thank you for getting that while I'm physically OK, I wouldn't say I'm "ok." Through my work I've learned that after a traumatic experience the best thing is to have something to focus on, something that helps you get through the hard parts - for me, that's been Camaro5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro2lt View Post
1le black
can i say what i think your getting, LOL
Old 06-23-2013, 10:46 PM   #3013
Trentin24
Trentin24

Drives: 2010 1LT Camaro
I really hate to ask, but what the heck caused this to happen? I have never thought about having a fire extinguisher, but now I am...
Old 06-23-2013, 11:21 PM   #3014
BRAVO 2SS
Aim Small...Miss Small

Drives: Black 2010 2SS/RS M6
Yup...1LE BLACK!
Old 06-24-2013, 06:58 AM   #3015
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro2lt View Post
1le black
Not going back to plain old black Richie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
can i say what i think your getting, LOL
Haha Shhhh don't ruin the surprise

Quote:
I really hate to ask, but what the heck caused this to happen? I have never thought about having a fire extinguisher, but now I am...
No idea - and with the taste of the engine bay there's really no easy way to tell. I never thought about having a fire extinguisher either, but as I said before; literally my first thought when I saw the flames coming up from the hood was "**** why don't I have a fire extinguisher."

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVO 2SS View Post
Yup...1LE BLACK!
Nope. I can't go back to plain old black after having phantom black metallic.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:53 AM   #3016
vroomapunk
Cammed!!!!!!

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
Quote:

Nope. I can't go back to plain old black after having phantom black metallic.

I was thinking that as well, you are probably ready for some color, def need something that pops so I assume the metallics are your only option now.

I was a victory red guy since I could drive (and w/e other name chevy had for it, bright rally red, etc), but I saw CRT on a cruze, and now I can never go back to non-metallic paint.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:21 PM   #3017
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
So what was the grand total from the Camaro5 community ?

I assume you got my Steak / Lobster care package
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:23 PM   #3018
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespymaster View Post
So what was the grand total from the Camaro5 community ?

I assume you got my Steak / Lobster care package
I did Kelly, thank you much.

The members of Camaro5 were able to raise $2,143.78. I was honestly amazed by the messages that people sent me along with the donations. Some of the messages I got were absolutely amazing, where the only response I could manage was to smile - even when someone only donated a dollar, the message they sent me going along with it helped me more than they could ever have imagined.

Everyone who donated - thank you. Most of you I've never even met in person, but yet you didn't hesitate to help. I owe all of you a round come Fest. OK, maybe two rounds.

Thank you again everyone.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:33 PM   #3019
nicave13@gmail.com
LED god

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange Camaro SS/RS
Oh geez Ofer

After reading about the fire extinguisher I put one right in my trunk. Got to with all my electronics!!!!!!

And very funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
First you know congrats from all of US on camaro5, if any one deserves this ride its you, and on the lighter side, one fire extinguisher is not good with your luck, you need 3 one in the trunk and 1 per side, LOL.

Tags
aac, advanced automotive concepts, ashen gray metallic, bad@sszl1, black chrome, boom, build thread, carbon fiber, cotw, fireball, gen5diy, kaylee, pedders, phantom black metallic, sad, the stig, this guy needs a lithograph, zl1