Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Hurst Shifters
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Forced Induction - V8 V8 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2013, 06:38 PM   #1
11syn3rgy
JT Synergy RS/2SS
 
11syn3rgy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro RS/2SS (L99) Synergy
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Hager City, WI
Posts: 497
Magnuson TVS 2300 purchase!

Hey guys,

I just purchased a new Magnuson (or "Maggie" as you guys call it) TVS 2300 and I am really excited! I've wanted one forever and I finally pulled the trigger. NICE!!!

The reason for the post was to ask some advice on fuel injectors and BAP requirements with my current set-up. I already have LT headers, high-flow cats, Borla S-type axle back and a SCT tuner from Jannetty. I'm well aware that Ted will need to upgrade my tune, but looking for advice on anything that I might be missing? This blower should give me plenty of room to grow, but to be honest, I "think" I will be more than happy with the additional 120HP(?) that she should generate in "stock" form! Who knows? I really don't want to go crazy with HUGE injectors since I really think this will be all I need for quite a while. Not looking to make her a beast, just a killer street car, with the occasional drag strip thrown in for fun.

Any advice is much appreciated. There's NO WAY I'm going to sleep tonight anyways! HA!!!! I fell like a little kid at Christmas.

Thanks!
John
11syn3rgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:47 PM   #2
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 12,021
If you stick with the stock pulley, 3.8, you don't need either a bap or injectors. I believe you can even bump up to the 3.6 and be fine.


You're in gd hands with Ted. If you are approaching an area where the mods are necessary he will let you know. He won't let you drive around unsafe.


Gd luck!!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:56 PM   #3
11syn3rgy
JT Synergy RS/2SS
 
11syn3rgy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro RS/2SS (L99) Synergy
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Hager City, WI
Posts: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
If you stick with the stock pulley, 3.8, you don't need either a bap or injectors. I believe you can even bump up to the 3.6 and be fine.


You're in gd hands with Ted. If you are approaching an area where the mods are necessary he will let you know. He won't let you drive around unsafe.


Gd luck!!
I appreciate that. That's what is interesting. Ted recommended that I install 80lb injectors? Doesn't that seem like overkill for my set up? Any idea what the 3.6 pully will increase my boost to? I believe the stock pully is around 6-7 psi? Seems like I could do a little more boost than that without getting too crazy. At what level should I think about the BAP? I really don't know anything about them and I want to make sure that I'm not hurting my car. Especially since I'm kissing my warranty buh bye.
11syn3rgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:10 PM   #4
Mchlgrrsn
Stroked and blown
 
Mchlgrrsn's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 LS3 2SS
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bridgewater, NJ
Posts: 1,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11syn3rgy View Post
I appreciate that. That's what is interesting. Ted recommended that I install 80lb injectors? Doesn't that seem like overkill for my set up? Any idea what the 3.6 pully will increase my boost to? I believe the stock pully is around 6-7 psi? Seems like I could do a little more boost than that without getting too crazy. At what level should I think about the BAP? I really don't know anything about them and I want to make sure that I'm not hurting my car. Especially since I'm kissing my warranty buh bye.

It's a good idea to follow the advice of your tuner/builder. If your going to raise the boost, make sure your fuel system is in order. Better safe than sorry. IMHO
__________________
LME 416 LS3 shortblock/Callies Compstar 4340 4"crank/Callies 6.125 H beams rods/Wiesco 4.07 forged pistons/Cam Motion custom LS1/LME ported heads /maggie TVS2300/I West 8rib 10%OD /3.2 pulley/OD cog drive/JRE tensioner/ID850 /ADM dual fuel/Kooks LT 1 7/8/magna flow2.5 /cat delete/Roto Fab CAI /MGW short throw /SPEC super twin clutch/G Force built trans,carbon syncro rear shaft upgrade /DSS 9"single CF DS /Strange 3.70/31 spline trutrac/MT DR's/earls oil cooler /tuned KHC
Mchlgrrsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:27 PM   #5
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 12,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchlgrrsn View Post
It's a good idea to follow the advice of your tuner/builder. If your going to raise the boost, make sure your fuel system is in order. Better safe than sorry. IMHO


Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11syn3rgy View Post
I appreciate that. That's what is interesting. Ted recommended that I install 80lb injectors? Doesn't that seem like overkill for my set up? Any idea what the 3.6 pully will increase my boost to? I believe the stock pully is around 6-7 psi? Seems like I could do a little more boost than that without getting too crazy. At what level should I think about the BAP? I really don't know anything about them and I want to make sure that I'm not hurting my car. Especially since I'm kissing my warranty buh bye.

You'll loose a little boost with the headers. The 3.8 is like 6 psi and the 3.6 is about 8psi.

Are you l99 or ls3? If you're shooting for 500 rwhp you shouldn't need a bap or injectors. I used the Maggie injectors at 550 rwhp and had no issues.

Ted isn't going to sell you something you don't need so your best bet is to ask him why on the 80lb injectors? Seems like overkill to me but that's his job to know what's best.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:39 PM   #6
11syn3rgy
JT Synergy RS/2SS
 
11syn3rgy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro RS/2SS (L99) Synergy
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Hager City, WI
Posts: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Agreed




You'll loose a little boost with the headers. The 3.8 is like 6 psi and the 3.6 is about 8psi.

Are you l99 or ls3? If you're shooting for 500 rwhp you shouldn't need a bap or injectors. I used the Maggie injectors at 550 rwhp and had no issues.

Ted isn't going to sell you something you don't need so your best bet is to ask him why on the 80lb injectors? Seems like overkill to me but that's his job to know what's best.
I have the L99. To be clear, this "tuner" kit from Magnuson does not come with injectors so if I don't purchase them, I will be left with the stock Chevy injectors.

I guess we'll see how Ted replies to my last email. Just wanted to educate myself before he responds. I def trust his advice. He's been great!!
11syn3rgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:48 PM   #7
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 12,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11syn3rgy View Post
I have the L99. To be clear, this "tuner" kit from Magnuson does not come with injectors so if I don't purchase them, I will be left with the stock Chevy injectors.

I guess we'll see how Ted replies to my last email. Just wanted to educate myself before he responds. I def trust his advice. He's been great!!


You never said you were buying a tuner kit with no injectors. That makes sense why Ted said go with xyz injectors.


I'd would get what he wants you do. Prob the ID 850's. a little extra money but well worth it. There's nothing more important than the fuel system to your car.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:50 PM   #8
11syn3rgy
JT Synergy RS/2SS
 
11syn3rgy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro RS/2SS (L99) Synergy
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Hager City, WI
Posts: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
You never said you were buying a tuner kit with no injectors. That makes sense why Ted said go with xyz injectors.


I'd would get what he wants you do. Prob the ID 850's. a little extra money but well worth it. There's nothing more important than the fuel system to your car.
Ok, thanks. Sorry I forgot to mention that this kit didn't come with injectors. My bad
11syn3rgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:53 PM   #9
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 12,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11syn3rgy View Post
Ok, thanks. Sorry I forgot to mention that this kit didn't come with injectors. My bad
Harmless mistake but at least now it adds up why Ted wanted you to buy injectors.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:51 PM   #10
11syn3rgy
JT Synergy RS/2SS
 
11syn3rgy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro RS/2SS (L99) Synergy
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Hager City, WI
Posts: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Harmless mistake but at least now it adds up why Ted wanted you to buy injectors.
That was one of the main reasons for me to post this. Wanted to get some suggestions on which size and brand to buy? I know the Jannetty sells ID850 injectors and I don't doubt that they are the best, but I'm not about to spend $1,000 on injectors. Maybe if I was running huge HP numbers like some of you guys, but hardly seems justified for my set up?

Thoughts.

Thanks guys!
11syn3rgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:03 PM   #11
Mchlgrrsn
Stroked and blown
 
Mchlgrrsn's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 LS3 2SS
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bridgewater, NJ
Posts: 1,461
Your not gonna like my answer ... I'd 850's ... Haven't heard a single bad thing about them. I got them and they do what they are supposed to do.
__________________
LME 416 LS3 shortblock/Callies Compstar 4340 4"crank/Callies 6.125 H beams rods/Wiesco 4.07 forged pistons/Cam Motion custom LS1/LME ported heads /maggie TVS2300/I West 8rib 10%OD /3.2 pulley/OD cog drive/JRE tensioner/ID850 /ADM dual fuel/Kooks LT 1 7/8/magna flow2.5 /cat delete/Roto Fab CAI /MGW short throw /SPEC super twin clutch/G Force built trans,carbon syncro rear shaft upgrade /DSS 9"single CF DS /Strange 3.70/31 spline trutrac/MT DR's/earls oil cooler /tuned KHC
Mchlgrrsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:13 PM   #12
Slickcas
 
Drives: 12' 2SS/RS LS3 IBM
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Paris. ILL
Posts: 265
You can find the injectors that come with the magnuson for sale all the time on this site. As most people pull them out with VERY little use or never even use them at all. Look under the Members Classifieds - V8 parts also under Forced Induction. Yes the ID850 are the top dog. But it's your cash and for $200 or so you can pick up some injectors that will get you to 500-550rwhp just fine.
People will beat you to death for it and tell you to just get the ID850s now because you will always want more power so why not be ready for it. But in the end your the one paying the bill.
Slickcas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:13 PM   #13
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 12,021
[QUOTE=11syn3rgy;6720814]That was one of the main reasons for me to post this. Wanted to get some suggestions on which size and brand to buy? I know the Jannetty sells ID850 injectors and I don't doubt that they are the best, but I'm not about to spend $1,000 on injectors. Maybe if I was running huge HP numbers like some of you guys, but hardly seems justified for my set up?

Thoughts.

Thanks guys![/QUOTE


Just get a set of the ls9 injectors. The ones that comes with the TVS kit. I didn't move to the ID's until over 600 rwhp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchlgrrsn View Post
Your not gonna like my answer ... I'd 850's ... Haven't heard a single bad thing about them. I got them and they do what they are supposed to do.
Correct. You need them, the OP doesn't..... Yet.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:25 PM   #14
Mchlgrrsn
Stroked and blown
 
Mchlgrrsn's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 LS3 2SS
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bridgewater, NJ
Posts: 1,461
Lol ^^^^^ I know all about yet
__________________
LME 416 LS3 shortblock/Callies Compstar 4340 4"crank/Callies 6.125 H beams rods/Wiesco 4.07 forged pistons/Cam Motion custom LS1/LME ported heads /maggie TVS2300/I West 8rib 10%OD /3.2 pulley/OD cog drive/JRE tensioner/ID850 /ADM dual fuel/Kooks LT 1 7/8/magna flow2.5 /cat delete/Roto Fab CAI /MGW short throw /SPEC super twin clutch/G Force built trans,carbon syncro rear shaft upgrade /DSS 9"single CF DS /Strange 3.70/31 spline trutrac/MT DR's/earls oil cooler /tuned KHC
Mchlgrrsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:27 PM   #15
11syn3rgy
JT Synergy RS/2SS
 
11syn3rgy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro RS/2SS (L99) Synergy
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Hager City, WI
Posts: 497
Do I darn ask what "OP" stands for?
11syn3rgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:28 PM   #16
Mchlgrrsn
Stroked and blown
 
Mchlgrrsn's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 LS3 2SS
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bridgewater, NJ
Posts: 1,461
Original post ... You.
__________________
LME 416 LS3 shortblock/Callies Compstar 4340 4"crank/Callies 6.125 H beams rods/Wiesco 4.07 forged pistons/Cam Motion custom LS1/LME ported heads /maggie TVS2300/I West 8rib 10%OD /3.2 pulley/OD cog drive/JRE tensioner/ID850 /ADM dual fuel/Kooks LT 1 7/8/magna flow2.5 /cat delete/Roto Fab CAI /MGW short throw /SPEC super twin clutch/G Force built trans,carbon syncro rear shaft upgrade /DSS 9"single CF DS /Strange 3.70/31 spline trutrac/MT DR's/earls oil cooler /tuned KHC
Mchlgrrsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:41 PM   #17
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 12,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchlgrrsn View Post
Lol ^^^^^ I know all about yet
Unfortunately we all know about "the yet".

In 2009 I thought I was done with headers and an intake.....WTF happened!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:05 PM   #18
Mchlgrrsn
Stroked and blown
 
Mchlgrrsn's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 LS3 2SS
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bridgewater, NJ
Posts: 1,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Unfortunately we all know about "the yet".

In 2009 I thought I was done with headers and an intake.....WTF happened!
Yeah I've been at this for 3 years .... I think I'm almost done, adding a chiller next week. Something tells me that's not the end
__________________
LME 416 LS3 shortblock/Callies Compstar 4340 4"crank/Callies 6.125 H beams rods/Wiesco 4.07 forged pistons/Cam Motion custom LS1/LME ported heads /maggie TVS2300/I West 8rib 10%OD /3.2 pulley/OD cog drive/JRE tensioner/ID850 /ADM dual fuel/Kooks LT 1 7/8/magna flow2.5 /cat delete/Roto Fab CAI /MGW short throw /SPEC super twin clutch/G Force built trans,carbon syncro rear shaft upgrade /DSS 9"single CF DS /Strange 3.70/31 spline trutrac/MT DR's/earls oil cooler /tuned KHC

Last edited by Mchlgrrsn; 06-27-2013 at 06:24 AM.
Mchlgrrsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:10 PM   #19
white1LE
 
white1LE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Dubuque, IA
Posts: 471
I opted for the ID 850's because of my power range with the SLP TVS2300 and LS9 cam. Also went with Ted's advice and went with them and MSD BAP. If you are interested I have 2 sets of LS9 injectors, 1 set new and the other slightly used. Good luck!!!!
white1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:31 PM   #20
11syn3rgy
JT Synergy RS/2SS
 
11syn3rgy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro RS/2SS (L99) Synergy
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Hager City, WI
Posts: 497
Just sent you a PM. Thanks
11syn3rgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:52 PM   #21
sscamaro

 
sscamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS, 2012 Silverado LTZ
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Denver,PA
Posts: 1,891
With my E-Force S/C with 52# injectors, LT headers and axle back I was running out of fuel. I installed a ZL1 fuel pump and 72# injectors. It's running fine now with 546/rwhp. It's on an LS3.
__________________
2010 2SS/RS Victory Red, MN6, 1-7/8 Kooks LT Headers, SLP Axle Back, Edelbrock E-Force S/C, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 72# Injectors, JRE fuel rail upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite Catch Can, Billet Hurst Shifter, DSS 1000HP axles, Spohn Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Lower Control Arms. 546/rwhp & 522/rwtq Tune by Jeremy Formato.
sscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:06 PM   #22
11syn3rgy
JT Synergy RS/2SS
 
11syn3rgy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro RS/2SS (L99) Synergy
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Hager City, WI
Posts: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by sscamaro View Post
With my E-Force S/C with 52# injectors, LT headers and axle back I was running out of fuel. I installed a ZL1 fuel pump and 72# injectors. It's running fine now with 546/rwhp. It's on an LS3.
What pulley size and boost are you running? What do you have for an intake, stock air box or CAI? Still trying to decide which parts to order for my new Maggie set up.
11syn3rgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:13 PM   #23
sscamaro

 
sscamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS, 2012 Silverado LTZ
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Denver,PA
Posts: 1,891
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11syn3rgy View Post
What pulley size and boost are you running? What do you have for an intake, stock air box or CAI? Still trying to decide which parts to order for my new Maggie set up.
The pulley is the stock size that came with the E-Force. I'm running about 6# boost. I have Roto-Fab CAI. It only runs on the street, so I don't want anymore boost.
__________________
2010 2SS/RS Victory Red, MN6, 1-7/8 Kooks LT Headers, SLP Axle Back, Edelbrock E-Force S/C, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 72# Injectors, JRE fuel rail upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite Catch Can, Billet Hurst Shifter, DSS 1000HP axles, Spohn Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Lower Control Arms. 546/rwhp & 522/rwtq Tune by Jeremy Formato.
sscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:16 PM   #24
11syn3rgy
JT Synergy RS/2SS
 
11syn3rgy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro RS/2SS (L99) Synergy
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Hager City, WI
Posts: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by sscamaro View Post
The pulley is the stock size that came with the E-Force. I'm running about 6# boost. I have Roto-Fab CAI. It only runs on the street, so I don't want anymore boost.
Yeah, I'm planning on doing the same thing. I was just curious since you were saying that you were running out of fuel? I just ordered some LS9 injectors and I hope they will be enough for my set up? Sounds like they should until I start playing with the pulleys to create more boost.
11syn3rgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:16 PM   #25
11syn3rgy
JT Synergy RS/2SS
 
11syn3rgy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro RS/2SS (L99) Synergy
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Hager City, WI
Posts: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by sscamaro View Post
With my E-Force S/C with 52# injectors, LT headers and axle back I was running out of fuel. I installed a ZL1 fuel pump and 72# injectors. It's running fine now with 546/rwhp. It's on an LS3.
How did you know that it was running out of fuel btw? Might be good for me to know since my set up is fairly similar.
11syn3rgy is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
maggie, magnacharger, magnuson supercharger

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.