Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vector Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 05-09-2012, 01:37 PM   #26
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter

Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotaman96 View Post
My bad. Been dealing with other issues.

Holy crap. What kind of power did THAT?
Old 05-09-2012, 01:49 PM   #27
yotaman96

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2000 Trans Am WS6
625 at the wheels and some wheel hop. DSS said that driveshaft had a defective weld. It was 2 days old.
2010 Dodge Ram Crew Cab Sport 4x4
yotaman96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:54 PM   #28
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Drives: The Neighbor Hater
I had the same issue with my driveshaft hitting the heat shield. We have to bend the shield up so it would stop hitting. I also have a lot of vibration abouve 90mph, rotated the DS a couple time and it temporarily fixes the vibration but it doesn't go away completely.

Mast Motorsports Built LS3 Stroker 418, IPS GT35R Twin Turbos, Exedy GTO4XD Twin Disc Clutch, Aeromotive A1000 Eliminator Stealth Fuel Pump, AEM Meth Injection, DSS 1400hp Axels, BC Coilovers, Pfadt & BMR Suspension, Hawk HPS Pads, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Shifter, Custom Roll Cage by Blu808, T3 Ports, 22" Custom Concave Mesh Rims
pyr0b0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:29 PM   #29
Inferno Orange SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro ss 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotaman96 View Post
Yes, but I've had it off several times trying to figure out the issue. There's nothing wrong with the bolts. I may put the stock driveshaft in and see if I still have issues. I'll have to get some new bolts since I didn't keep mine. Plus, if that's the problem, I'll have to get another driveshaft and swap again. I just want it fixed. I'm tired of messing with it.
You said yes to the quote above which confuses me, the one piece dss driveshaft bolts directly to the transmission out put shaft flange and the flange on the differential. Does not reuse the rubber dampners. Correct me if I'm wrong, I also had clearance issues with the rear gas tank shield. I attempt to bend it but didn't seem to solve the clearance issue. I removed it and applied heat resistant foil tape to the tank where the shield once was. Dss said it isn't uneard of to have clearance issues there. Remember these cars are built in a plant by humans. There are tolerances for everything. Sometimes it occurs when multiple tolerances compound and create an issue not all cars are exactly the same.

Last edited by Inferno Orange SS; 06-11-2012 at 09:34 PM.
Inferno Orange SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:40 AM   #30
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Not to necro an old thread. But I just got my DS in from the DSS shop, didn't finish installing it until 12:30 am this morning. Under very hard acceleration I get a bad grinding noise. I'm thinking it must be the rear heat shield? I don't have time to mess with it until next weekend so hopefully it won't mess up the DS, other can cosmetically.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:09 PM   #31
PQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Not to necro an old thread. But I just got my DS in from the DSS shop, didn't finish installing it until 12:30 am this morning. Under very hard acceleration I get a bad grinding noise. I'm thinking it must be the rear heat shield? I don't have time to mess with it until next weekend so hopefully it won't mess up the DS, other can cosmetically.
Will not hurt anything. Just sound like hell. hahahaha

When I hit that piece of steel that night it hit my heat shield and pushed it into the Hanger bearing joint. OMFG.......... sounded like the whole tranny was grinding to death. haha

Just bend and work the heat shield to clear. Piece of cake. But in the mean time it won't hurt.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:17 PM   #32
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Alright, wasnt sure (i believe the heat shield is bent steel?) And since the DS is aluminium didn't know of it would mess up this DS. In the mean time I'll take it easy when I can... lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S III using telekinesis.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:01 PM   #33
PQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Alright, wasnt sure (i believe the heat shield is bent steel?) And since the DS is aluminium didn't know of it would mess up this DS. In the mean time I'll take it easy when I can... lol.

The heat shield is sheet aluminum or tin. It's pretty soft and quite flexible and light.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:51 PM   #34
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

BAM!

Looks like I know what I'll be doing one of these days...
Attached Images

Old 06-25-2013, 01:02 PM   #35
PQ

What is that?
Old 06-25-2013, 01:34 PM   #36
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Rear heat shield here's a pic of the DS. Slight skuff marks.
Attached Images

Old 06-26-2013, 09:29 PM   #37
PQ

That heat shield looks different than mine.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:00 PM   #38
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Reshaped the heat shield problem solved. Thank God.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:13 PM   #39
PQ

Piece of cake.