Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2013, 09:30 PM   #18
Chubby
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Busted
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Home
Posts: 104
A blown 418 -vs- a stock 302? cool
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:36 PM   #19
RocketCutlass
Property USMC
 
RocketCutlass's Avatar
 
Drives: 95 Caprice 9C1
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Camp Lejeune
Posts: 477
Obviously you were picking on something that's nowhere near your cars level of mods, but it was still a funny video. Now you see him now you don't lol.
RocketCutlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:05 AM   #20
Bhobbs


 
Bhobbs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 4,447
I'd rather see a Camaro kill a BOSS on the track where is belongs.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:30 PM   #21
SSpade22
 
SSpade22's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS (Supercharged 418)
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Mooresville NC
Posts: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketCutlass View Post
Obviously you were picking on something that's nowhere near your cars level of mods, but it was still a funny video. Now you see him now you don't lol.
He asked to race me, guess he didnít see the hood badge or know what a supercharger sounds like.... Look on the bright side.... he had something to read while he was back there! lol
Attached Images
 
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/SSpade22/videos?view=0
Engine Modifications:
TSP 418 w/ 4 in. Stroke Custom cam
Kooks 2in Long tube Headers
LSA WCCH Ported Heads 1400hp Axle Shafts DSS
Boosted ZL1 Fuel Pump FIC 2000cc Injectors
Pro Charger F-1R
SSpade22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:34 PM   #22
SSpade22
 
SSpade22's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS (Supercharged 418)
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Mooresville NC
Posts: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
Opened this up to witness your superior driving skills only to see it was a drag strip. Maybe next time. Disappointed.
Maybe if the guy in the Boss 302 had "superior driving skill" he would have had a better 60ft time and not got beat so bad...... but probably not. If itís a "track car" someone needs to tell all your buddies to stop bringing them to the drag strip. I feel your pain though... Iíd be a little upset too if I just watched my car get beat so badly. :-/
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/SSpade22/videos?view=0
Engine Modifications:
TSP 418 w/ 4 in. Stroke Custom cam
Kooks 2in Long tube Headers
LSA WCCH Ported Heads 1400hp Axle Shafts DSS
Boosted ZL1 Fuel Pump FIC 2000cc Injectors
Pro Charger F-1R
SSpade22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:36 PM   #23
SSpade22
 
SSpade22's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS (Supercharged 418)
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Mooresville NC
Posts: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
A blown 418 -vs- a stock 302? cool
You line up.... you race, doesnít matter what the other guys got. No excuses.....
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/SSpade22/videos?view=0
Engine Modifications:
TSP 418 w/ 4 in. Stroke Custom cam
Kooks 2in Long tube Headers
LSA WCCH Ported Heads 1400hp Axle Shafts DSS
Boosted ZL1 Fuel Pump FIC 2000cc Injectors
Pro Charger F-1R
SSpade22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:43 PM   #24
KMPrenger


 
KMPrenger's Avatar
 
Drives: 16 SS Camaro, 06 Colorado
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jefferson City, Missouri
Posts: 11,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSpade22 View Post
You line up.... you race, doesnít matter what the other guys got. No excuses.....
lol...cool video. I did enjoy it! But that's too easy to say when your the guy that's doing the winning. With double or triple the power no less.

I'm not sure you can call this a race. More like an exhibition.
__________________
2016 Camaro 1SS - 8-speed - NPP - Black bowties
2010 Camaro 1LT V6 (Sold. I will miss her!)
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:51 PM   #25
christianmotox


 
christianmotox's Avatar
 
Drives: ( . )( . )
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 2,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSpade22 View Post
Maybe if the guy in the Boss 302 had "superior driving skill" he would have had a better 60ft time and not got beat so bad...... but probably not. If itís a "track car" someone needs to tell all your buddies to stop bringing them to the drag strip. I feel your pain though... Iíd be a little upset too if I just watched my car get beat so badly. :-/
Exactly.
__________________
christianmotox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:11 PM   #26
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!
 
Fenderaddict2's Avatar
 
Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oakville
Posts: 1,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSpade22 View Post
Maybe if the guy in the Boss 302 had "superior driving skill" he would have had a better 60ft time and not got beat so bad...... but probably not. If itís a "track car" someone needs to tell all your buddies to stop bringing them to the drag strip. I feel your pain though... Iíd be a little upset too if I just watched my car get beat so badly. :-/
Feel bad? Nah I thought it was funny as hell. The speed differential was like watching the Enterprise hit warp speed. Generally I find drag videos boring (although being there is a blast), but this was entertaining. I was just hoping for a longer more engaging track vid.
__________________


Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:12 PM   #27
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!
 
Fenderaddict2's Avatar
 
Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oakville
Posts: 1,892
Getting beat better be half the fun I always tell my kid otherwise you won't really enjoy racing.
__________________


Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:15 PM   #28
SSpade22
 
SSpade22's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS (Supercharged 418)
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Mooresville NC
Posts: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
Getting beat better be half the fun I always tell my kid otherwise you won't really enjoy racing.
And here I was thinking you were just another Jerk ford guy, way to be a good sport sir. I must have taken your comment the wrong way hence my directed response. My apologies!

I have videos on full on drag cars doing to me what I did to this Boss, I just kind of sit there and laugh about how far ahead they are lol
.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/SSpade22/videos?view=0
Engine Modifications:
TSP 418 w/ 4 in. Stroke Custom cam
Kooks 2in Long tube Headers
LSA WCCH Ported Heads 1400hp Axle Shafts DSS
Boosted ZL1 Fuel Pump FIC 2000cc Injectors
Pro Charger F-1R
SSpade22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:20 PM   #29
GQ4Life


 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fishkill, NY
Posts: 5,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSpade22 View Post
And here I was thinking you were just another Jerk ford guy, way to be a good sport sir. I must have taken your comment the wrong way hence my directed response. My apologies!

I have videos on full on drag cars doing to me what I did to this Boss, I just kind of sit there and laugh about how far ahead they are lol
.
was that a 1.5 60ft or 1.8
__________________
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:42 PM   #30
SSpade22
 
SSpade22's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS (Supercharged 418)
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Mooresville NC
Posts: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQ4Life View Post
was that a 1.5 60ft or 1.8
Mine was a 1.5017,, the 302 had a 2.391... to be fair, he spun pretty hard.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/SSpade22/videos?view=0
Engine Modifications:
TSP 418 w/ 4 in. Stroke Custom cam
Kooks 2in Long tube Headers
LSA WCCH Ported Heads 1400hp Axle Shafts DSS
Boosted ZL1 Fuel Pump FIC 2000cc Injectors
Pro Charger F-1R
SSpade22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:51 PM   #31
GQ4Life


 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fishkill, NY
Posts: 5,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSpade22 View Post
Mine was a 1.5017,, the 302 had a 2.391... to be fair, he spun pretty hard.
& u said 20" drag radials ,. damn I can only get a 1.6 out of the 18"
__________________
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:30 AM   #32
SSpade22
 
SSpade22's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS (Supercharged 418)
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Mooresville NC
Posts: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQ4Life View Post
& u said 20" drag radials ,. damn I can only get a 1.6 out of the 18"
Im actually not on drag rdaials. Street radials, but yes 20 in rim, im on 305 wide Mickey Thompson R2 (here is the link http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mtt-3727r/overview/)

I let the PSI down to 17 for the 1.5 pass. When i was running 315 nitto invos the best i could do was 1.8. the tires make a HUGE difference.

Im going to try launching from a higher rpm next time i hit the track.... try and break 1.4 ... i was only .0017 away last time lol.

if i cut the wheels down to 15s and threw some drag radials one it.... now that would be impressive!
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/SSpade22/videos?view=0
Engine Modifications:
TSP 418 w/ 4 in. Stroke Custom cam
Kooks 2in Long tube Headers
LSA WCCH Ported Heads 1400hp Axle Shafts DSS
Boosted ZL1 Fuel Pump FIC 2000cc Injectors
Pro Charger F-1R
SSpade22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:19 AM   #33
GQ4Life


 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fishkill, NY
Posts: 5,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSpade22 View Post
Im actually not on drag rdaials. Street radials, but yes 20 in rim, im on 305 wide Mickey Thompson R2 (here is the link http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mtt-3727r/overview/)

I let the PSI down to 17 for the 1.5 pass. When i was running 315 nitto invos the best i could do was 1.8. the tires make a HUGE difference.

Im going to try launching from a higher rpm next time i hit the track.... try and break 1.4 ... i was only .0017 away last time lol.

if i cut the wheels down to 15s and threw some drag radials one it.... now that would be impressive!
Thats a drag radial by modern terms.. a drag tire u can daily drive on
i have the 18" 305 ET Street II ..
only tried on my auto so far did a 1.632 60ft but car dont spin & cant launch harder..
maybe when i put on my manual(one in pic) i see what i can cut ..
on 315/35R20 NT05R (stock rim so didnt get all the 315 touching ground) best i got on manual was 1.70 when i try harder it spin
__________________
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:47 AM   #34
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider
 
Cyber Gray's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2SS/RS 14; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Muscat
Posts: 2,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by strych9 View Post
He brought a knife to a gun fight.
I can never disagree sir !!

__________________
Im not Gray any more !!

Last edited by Cyber Gray; 06-29-2013 at 07:16 AM.
Cyber Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.