Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 06-21-2013, 06:31 PM   #76
suzook

Drives: camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by benji1997 View Post
But my issues occur whether or not I am using my smart phone. I don't see a "connection" no pun intended.
Thats what im trying to explain...your issues(and every one with mylink) WILL get fixed with a SW update...The issues with the smartphones/ipods////and such will probably continue due to so many variables.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:03 AM   #77
benji1997

Drives: 2013 IOM 2LT/RS M6
Send a message via Skype™ to benji1997
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
Thats what im trying to explain...your issues(and every one with mylink) WILL get fixed with a SW update...
Hopefully within our lifetimes, or at least, the lifetime of the car.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:43 AM   #78
Storm T
Can't slow down

Drives: 2013 SS Dusk Edition (Insain Bolt)
My dealer is trying to get me to "upgrade" to a 2013. I was considering it but this thread sure has me hesitating. Things like this would drive me crazy.
Storm T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:44 AM   #79
benji1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm T View Post
My dealer is trying to get me to "upgrade" to a 2013. I was considering it but this thread sure has me hesitating. Things like this would drive me crazy.
You're better off staying with your 2012 until these issues are fixed. If you don't like the 2014s, wait for the 2015s.
Old 06-26-2013, 05:59 PM   #80
ccarnel

Drives: 2013 ZL1
My link is about to get chunked!!! I can't wait, riding around in a brand new car with no tunes, no handsfree phone etc really stinks. I called my dealer and they have had multiple cars in for the same issue. He said they still do not have a fix.... not surprised. Glad I didn't waste my time playing the endless back and forth with the dealership for an issue there is no fix for currently.....
Just purchased a pioneer touch screen head unit and metra dash kit, we will see if I can fix this problem once and for all this weekend...
ccarnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:23 PM   #81
Storm T
Can't slow down

Quote:
You're better off staying with your 2012 until these issues are fixed. If you don't like the 2014s, wait for the 2015s.
Too late, I already did it. lol Small price to pay for the manual I have now. I have to say I sure loved my last one but I really really love this car!!

Still hoping they fix this soon.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:31 PM   #82
benji1997

I posted in another thread that Chevy is giving me a new Mylink radio tomorrow. The SM says Chevy is clueless on how to fix all the SW issues. I am the guiney pig (sp?). I hope the new radio cures my issues. I hate this back and forth.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:00 PM   #83
Storm T
Can't slow down

I would hate having to take it in to have it done. I got my windows tinted today and about went crazy with worry. Let us know!
Old 06-26-2013, 09:04 PM   #84
rray

Drives: 2013 GAZ 2SS/RS
Well here's a new one... After work today, as soon as I started the car, the Mylink started playing music from my USB, then connected to my phone, and started with the Incoming Call. So I try to answer it, and it wont answer. Finally it stops then USB music comes on for a few seconds, and again Incoming Call and it won't let me answer.

So I turn off the BT on my phone, and call the guy back. He don't answer, so I leave a message that I will call back in a few minutes. Meanwhile, the Mylink switched from USB to FM as soon as I disconnected the BT.

Now my USB is not detected. I power cycled the Mylink, and it still won't detect my USB. Unplug then re-connect the USB, and it still won't work. Acts like the thumb drive burned out.

So I call the guy back, and he said he was inside the machine we were working on all day, and he only called me twice in the morning, just when I arrived at work in the morning. He was inside the machine and not near his phone, when I got those calls.

So the Mylink system did not relay my calls until I got back in the car after work? It was hung all day waiting to reconnect to my phone.

Well no CD or USB meant I had to drive home with BT and stream from my phone. At least BT stayed working till I got home, and then I tried my USB and it started working again.

Now is this glitchy operation or what? I am ready to pull the Mylink out and build another Windows 8 carpc so I can deal with glitches faster.
rray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:25 PM   #85
benji1997

Quote:
I posted in another thread that Chevy is giving me a new Mylink radio tomorrow. The SM says Chevy is clueless on how to fix all the SW issues. I am the guiney pig (sp?). I hope the new radio cures my issues. I hate this back and forth.
Strike 1....new radio is faulty and can not be programmed. They will have to order another one and re-install my old radio. The car has been there all morning until now and whenever I can pick it up. Then we will have to go through the same thing tomorrow. SIGH!!! What ever happened to plug and play?
Old 06-27-2013, 12:26 PM   #86
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Strike 1....new radio is faulty and can not be programmed. They will have to order another one and re-install my old radio. The car has been there all morning until now and whenever I can pick it up. Then we will have to go through the same thing tomorrow. SIGH!!! What ever happened to plug and play?
I could have told you not to waste your time. This is not a hardware issue, it's a software issue.

Sent from my 2SS/RS
Old 06-27-2013, 12:39 PM   #87
Glen e

Drives: Cyber/Red C7
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
I could have told you not to waste your time. This is not a hardware issue, it's a software issue.

Sent from my 2SS/RS
amen...tower of babel between 4 -5 existing sets of software engineers for diff companies that all think it's the other guys code that's causing the problems...trust me, I'm in the mfr side of the car biz and have heard it straight from the engineers...the reason chev has no answer is it is not totally their code causing the problems....this will continue unitl there are far more standards and protcols set up in the telematics/infotainment side of the industry...
Old 06-27-2013, 01:22 PM   #88
benji1997

I've gone this far, I may as well wait for the ultimate result.
Old 06-27-2013, 03:36 PM   #89
benji1997

Glenn and nyrfan....had a long talk with the SM. He had a long talk with the powers that be at GM. The bottom line is they will try one more new radio in my car. The SM says there is a low probability that the new radio will solve the problem. As you guys have intimated, they will have to come up with a SW fix most probably. The SM told me, for my troubles, GM will compensate me possibly in the form of a car payment. They may not be happy when they see the size of that payment. In the meantime, I will continue to be all hissy because my Mylink does not work perfectly.
Old 06-27-2013, 03:59 PM   #90
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Glenn and nyrfan....had a long talk with the SM. He had a long talk with the powers that be at GM. The bottom line is they will try one more new radio in my car. The SM says there is a low probability that the new radio will solve the problem. As you guys have intimated, they will have to come up with a SW fix most probably. The SM told me, for my troubles, GM will compensate me possibly in the form of a car payment. They may not be happy when they see the size of that payment. In the meantime, I will continue to be all hissy because my Mylink does not work perfectly.
I figured as much. Take what the SM said about a payment with a grain of salt. This is not something he can approve, this is approved by GM and you must 1st have a GM case #. I went through this with my V6 and recently with me SS so I know the process. Not saying you won't get it, but be prepared to fight a bit as it's not that simple.

GM recently wanted to give me a months payment for the issues with my SS, myLink issues included, problem is my car is paid off. I negotiated an unbelievable compensation package with them. Don't want to mention everything but my 1LE splitter, SS armrest and GM sub box should be delivered tomorrow, that there is nearly $1800.00 in product and there is still a bit more.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:14 PM   #91
Glen e

Drives: Cyber/Red C7
Quote:
I will continue to be all hissy because my Mylink does not work perfectly.
LOL....very mature to admit it.....it'll all be over someday...probably in the next generation....
Old 06-29-2013, 04:58 PM   #92
ccarnel

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Mylink radio just came out, currently wiring up the new unit and metra dash kit
ccarnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:58 PM   #93
benji1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccarnel View Post
Mylink radio just came out, currently wiring up the new unit and metra dash kit
Let's see a video when you are done.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:54 AM   #94
mattress67

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE
Just started having minor MyLink issues today, the fan shows 10 when it is off. I also am noticing that there have been no new posts since June. Is there a more current thread? Seems strange that the conversation stopped so abruptly.
mattress67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:30 PM   #95
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
There were several threads. But there isn't much to debate or discuss. Most of the problems reported are glitches which should be fixed sooner or later with a software update. Nothing to do but wait.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:53 PM   #96
Jeffm
ICANHAZ

Drives: 2013 CRT 1SS/RS
so its an issue with 2SS's and 2LTs so far. my 1SS has been solid with no issues for the last year i have owned it.
Jeffm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:40 PM   #97
Flynnaz
Wicked Camaro

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to Flynnaz Send a message via Yahoo to Flynnaz Send a message via Skype™ to Flynnaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattress67 View Post
Just started having minor MyLink issues today, the fan shows 10 when it is off. I also am noticing that there have been no new posts since June. Is there a more current thread? Seems strange that the conversation stopped so abruptly.
I have this issue as well. I had the dealer look into it. They siad GM knows about this issues, and has said in a bulletin, not to update, they have a fix on the way. My Service manager is pretty cool, I am trying to get the latest update Version 23182567 version E0.0E.14.50 (that's what my buddy's 2014 has) downloaded to try to update mine. My buddy's 2014 can read his text messages

Mods so far: Ported Throttle Body/Airiad CAI/ Elite Oil Catch Can/Clutch reservoir separation Mod/Subthump/Foot well Lighting/RBG LED behind Grill/LED under Polished Strut Tower Brace/Vinyl Gill Blackouts/Skip Shift Eliminator/DYI Mild to Wild/AAC Plasma DRL's with Plug n Play harness/Blue LED Dome light, white LED trunk and Licence plate light/tinted windows/blacked out side markers and tail lights/Headlight Armor/Clear Bra/splash guards/Black Gorilla Locking Lug Nuts/Plastidipped Bow Ties and rear Tail Light Bezels/Emblem Pros Black Camaro letters/diodedynamics lighted cup holder (SS)
Flynnaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:40 AM   #98
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Could everyone who's having issues post what their MyLink version is?

That way I know what code to look through.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:54 AM   #99
OPP

Drives: 2013 BRM ZL1 Auto "Blu-Ray"
MyLink sucks!

Adding my problems with MyLink:
1. It is SLOW. To get to one of my playlists on the iPod, it takes me the time it takes to get to my destination. Everytime I choose another playlist, I have to go back and activate the shuffle again.
2. The fan speed display sometimes gets "stuck" even if I change the manual dial.
3. I can't save my "favorite" phone numbers by voice command like I did on my 2012 SS. Now I have to say the complete name of the person and it will automatically call home and not the mobile phone. I have had to now use my iphone to call the person I want to call because MyLink doesn't let me call the person's mobile phone.
4. Sometimes the MyLink wont recognize the ipod even if it was already connected. I have to disconnect it and connect it again.
Summary: MyLink needs a faster processor and a software upgrade. It sucks, period. GM, please help us! Amen.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:32 AM   #100
flyinlow

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS 1LE
When you say the persons name say Home or Mobile after it, it will pick the right number. I think that worked for me but would have to try it again.

I'm having all the same issues that have been listed above, slow to sync up with ipod, doesn't always recognize the device in the usb port, I hit answer for my iphone and it doesn't cut off the audio and transfer to the phone, etc.
flyinlow is offline   Reply With Quote