Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission Tune and diagnostics for engines and auto transmission.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2013, 08:03 PM   #1
A Town
 
A Town's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS LS3
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Minnetonka, MN
Posts: 457
Benefits of trifecta tune?

What is the benefits of the trifecta tune? I've been hearing people say they don't feel nothing different and some people say they car feel slower after the tune. I honestly feel my car is where I want it. I have black ice, ported tb, LM exhaust, and a injen LT intake. And I love it all but I really like the ghost cam. But what is the benefits of the trifecta tune? And no I don't plan on doing any other mods besides Cosmetic
__________________
A Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:10 PM   #2
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)
 
Monchy36's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IOM 1LT RS M6
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Slatington, PA
Posts: 4,719
If you like sound and thinking on get headers tune help to erase cells, and beside Ghost Cam open your car from passing the computer speed limit... give you complete control of your car... i did it, don't regret it!
Monchy36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:15 PM   #3
chevy 3
NEcamaro5
 
chevy 3's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: mass
Posts: 3,951
When I had my 2010 and installed the tune my car came alive right there. even got a little better after the first couple runs. I personally think it works better with some mods to the motor. Cai ,headers,intake spacer,throttle body,ect
__________________
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:34 PM   #4
A Town
 
A Town's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS LS3
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Minnetonka, MN
Posts: 457
Really don't want headers. So what else can I benefit out of without using headers
__________________
A Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:53 PM   #5
A Town
 
A Town's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS LS3
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Minnetonka, MN
Posts: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy 3 View Post
When I had my 2010 and installed the tune my car came alive right there. even got a little better after the first couple runs. I personally think it works better with some mods to the motor. Cai ,headers,intake spacer,throttle body,ect


So when I hear people saying they didn't feel a difference and it seem like it made their cars worse is a lie?
__________________
A Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:06 PM   #6
lscamaro


 
lscamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 10,101
No it isn't. I feel like that.
__________________

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:49 PM   #7
A Town
 
A Town's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS LS3
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Minnetonka, MN
Posts: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
No it isn't. I feel like that.

So you feel like it made your car worse?
__________________
A Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:21 PM   #8
spyderbuddy


 
spyderbuddy's Avatar
 
Drives: v6 rs inferno orange/inferno orange
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: albany, ga
Posts: 2,655
With the install of the vararam and throttlebody the tune just made everything work better.

When I got the Vararam youn could feel the dead spot at 2000 - 2500 more
With the throttle body that fixed the dead spot.
and with the tune the car came alive, it just felt better.
__________________
Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, MBRP Exhaust tips, CNC Trottle Body,Trifecta Tune, Vararam Intake/Green Filter, Chevorlet door Sills, Trunk Black out, Side Grills and RX Catch Can/Breather Kit.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:26 PM   #9
A Town
 
A Town's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS LS3
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Minnetonka, MN
Posts: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderbuddy View Post
With the install of the vararam and throttlebody the tune just made everything work better.

When I got the Vararam youn could feel the dead spot at 2000 - 2500 more
With the throttle body that fixed the dead spot.
and with the tune the car came alive, it just felt better.
What came alive about it? Because some people are saying its a waste and others are saying it made their car come alive.
__________________
A Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:04 PM   #10
lscamaro


 
lscamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 10,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Town View Post
So you feel like it made your car worse?
I don't feel it made the car worse but if I were to do it again, I wouldn't get the tune. When I bought my trifecta, there were no other options so it was them or nothing. I know a lot say it made their car better and more power to them but you also have to remember a lot just want to validate their purchase so they experience a placebo effect. I personally experience no change. It's the same with or without the ecu tune.
__________________

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:15 PM   #11
spyderbuddy


 
spyderbuddy's Avatar
 
Drives: v6 rs inferno orange/inferno orange
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: albany, ga
Posts: 2,655
It went from dull, to exciting to drive. Where it wouldn't even break to tires loose, to right out lighting them up.
__________________
Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, MBRP Exhaust tips, CNC Trottle Body,Trifecta Tune, Vararam Intake/Green Filter, Chevorlet door Sills, Trunk Black out, Side Grills and RX Catch Can/Breather Kit.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:41 PM   #12
A Town
 
A Town's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS LS3
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Minnetonka, MN
Posts: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
I don't feel it made the car worse but if I were to do it again, I wouldn't get the tune. When I bought my trifecta, there were no other options so it was them or nothing. I know a lot say it made their car better and more power to them but you also have to remember a lot just want to validate their purchase so they experience a placebo effect. I personally experience no change. It's the same with or without the ecu tune.
I kinda figures that's what it was. Thanks for the input it was very helpful
__________________
A Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:33 AM   #13
jbrantner24
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro LS M6
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Menomonie, WI
Posts: 60
I found out I could run a tenth faster in the quarter without the trifecta tune just recently. I believe trifecta can make good power. I don't believe they can do it remotely. To me it doesn't seem possible to know if you are making more power by looking at a datalog. Then again I have a few more options for tuning with the LFX. Only reason I am keeping it the way it is for now is the speed limiter as well as the rev limiter I had adjusted slightly. I have noticed my mileage went up but to me my car feels really doggy most of the time.
__________________

K&N intake, Resonated X-pipe w/muffler delete, Trifecta Tune, rashes up sport muscle tachs.
jbrantner24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:21 AM   #14
A Town
 
A Town's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS LS3
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Minnetonka, MN
Posts: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrantner24 View Post
I found out I could run a tenth faster in the quarter without the trifecta tune just recently. I believe trifecta can make good power. I don't believe they can do it remotely. To me it doesn't seem possible to know if you are making more power by looking at a datalog. Then again I have a few more options for tuning with the LFX. Only reason I am keeping it the way it is for now is the speed limiter as well as the rev limiter I had adjusted slightly. I have noticed my mileage went up but to me my car feels really doggy most of the time.
I heard that speed limiter and stuff is for the lfx engine not the LLT and if that's not true. Why am I able to reach top speeds without a problem it seems like
__________________
A Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:28 AM   #15
lscamaro


 
lscamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 10,101
It's not engine specific. You're able to reach top speed because you have a 2LT. The 2LT came with pirellis which are speed rated above the LS and 1LT bf Goodrich tires. For that reason, your limiter is at 155 mph while an LS and lt with no RS package has a speed limiter of 118. It's not the engines but the tires. It's a safety thing.
__________________

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 04:23 PM   #16
BNRacing
 
Drives: 2010 Cobalt SS, 1972 Nova
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: South Florida
Posts: 708
It's not just about power, Trifecta also makes the car just way more fun to drive with firmer shifts, more responsive throttle, etc. They make a little more power than stock, but the biggest changes come with how the car feels.
BNRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:05 AM   #17
A Town
 
A Town's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS LS3
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Minnetonka, MN
Posts: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNRacing View Post
It's not just about power, Trifecta also makes the car just way more fun to drive with firmer shifts, more responsive throttle, etc. They make a little more power than stock, but the biggest changes come with how the car feels.
If I have a ported throttle body which made a big change to my car. With the tune it would be better? And when I hear people saying their car felt slower and it didn't make it better I'm kind of stuck on what to believe because other people say it helped a lot.
__________________
A Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:08 AM   #18
TheGhosty
 
TheGhosty's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 SW 1LT RS
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Granite Bay, CA
Posts: 706
The big question is do you have an auto or manual? Cause to me it was worth it in my auto for the stiffer shifts alone.
__________________
TheGhosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:06 AM   #19
A Town
 
A Town's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS LS3
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Minnetonka, MN
Posts: 457
Auto. But when you say stiffer shifts what do you mean?
__________________
A Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:34 AM   #20
spyderbuddy


 
spyderbuddy's Avatar
 
Drives: v6 rs inferno orange/inferno orange
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: albany, ga
Posts: 2,655
It let you change your shift points and how hard it shifts. you can get Trifecta to leave drive mode stay the same and change sport mode torque man to stifter shifts. The more ods you have the better the tune will be.
If you've going with just basic mods, Cold air intake, Throttle Body and Headers you've going to see a big difference in how the Tune works, but with just a Cold air intake you may not see as much.

Really the tune is just to make the components work better together.
__________________
Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, MBRP Exhaust tips, CNC Trottle Body,Trifecta Tune, Vararam Intake/Green Filter, Chevorlet door Sills, Trunk Black out, Side Grills and RX Catch Can/Breather Kit.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:36 AM   #21
spyderbuddy


 
spyderbuddy's Avatar
 
Drives: v6 rs inferno orange/inferno orange
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: albany, ga
Posts: 2,655
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Town View Post
Auto. But when you say stiffer shifts what do you mean?
Instead of a mushy shift or a smooth slow shift between gears, it will shift faster between gears and some what firmer shift.
__________________
Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, MBRP Exhaust tips, CNC Trottle Body,Trifecta Tune, Vararam Intake/Green Filter, Chevorlet door Sills, Trunk Black out, Side Grills and RX Catch Can/Breather Kit.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:48 PM   #22
Vader2011v6

 
Vader2011v6's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 summit white ZL1
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 1,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
It's not engine specific. You're able to reach top speed because you have a 2LT. The 2LT came with pirellis which are speed rated above the LS and 1LT bf Goodrich tires. For that reason, your limiter is at 155 mph while an LS and lt with no RS package has a speed limiter of 118. It's not the engines but the tires. It's a safety thing.
Thanks for that info lscamaro.I was wondering why my car couldnt go pass 118.It seemed like it took awhile to get there.Good thing im working on tuning.
__________________
Summit white 2014 ZL1. Cold air intake,diablo tune,clear bra,apex springs,apex oil catchcan
Vader2011v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:18 AM   #23
Agarc
Dr.Frankenstein
 
Agarc's Avatar
 
Drives: Frankenstein 6.0 LS2
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MIA
Posts: 1,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Town View Post
So you feel like it made your car worse?
since day one i felt the isolator thing make more of a differance than with the tune ,i did the whole oh u got to drive it for a while Bull and still nothing..ive had it in the car for more than a year now i think or more
__________________
Agarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:02 AM   #24
Trentin24
Trentin24
 
Trentin24's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Washington
Posts: 2,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agarc View Post
since day one i felt the isolator thing make more of a differance than with the tune ,i did the whole oh u got to drive it for a while Bull and still nothing..ive had it in the car for more than a year now i think or more
How much is the isolator and where can I buy it?
Trentin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:25 AM   #25
A Town
 
A Town's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS LS3
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Minnetonka, MN
Posts: 457
I got mines from Ivan at southwest speed was fast 150 dollars

http://www.southwestspeed.net/
__________________
A Town is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.