Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission Tune and diagnostics for engines and auto transmission.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:03 PM   #1
A Town

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS LS3
Benefits of trifecta tune?

What is the benefits of the trifecta tune? I've been hearing people say they don't feel nothing different and some people say they car feel slower after the tune. I honestly feel my car is where I want it. I have black ice, ported tb, LM exhaust, and a injen LT intake. And I love it all but I really like the ghost cam. But what is the benefits of the trifecta tune? And no I don't plan on doing any other mods besides Cosmetic
Old 06-27-2013, 08:10 PM   #2
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Drives: 2011 IOM 1LT RS M6
If you like sound and thinking on get headers tune help to erase cells, and beside Ghost Cam open your car from passing the computer speed limit... give you complete control of your car... i did it, don't regret it!
Monchy36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:15 PM   #3
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
When I had my 2010 and installed the tune my car came alive right there. even got a little better after the first couple runs. I personally think it works better with some mods to the motor. Cai ,headers,intake spacer,throttle body,ect
Old 06-27-2013, 08:34 PM   #4
A Town

Really don't want headers. So what else can I benefit out of without using headers
Old 06-27-2013, 08:53 PM   #5
A Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy 3 View Post
When I had my 2010 and installed the tune my car came alive right there. even got a little better after the first couple runs. I personally think it works better with some mods to the motor. Cai ,headers,intake spacer,throttle body,ect

So when I hear people saying they didn't feel a difference and it seem like it made their cars worse is a lie?
Old 06-27-2013, 09:06 PM   #6
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
No it isn't. I feel like that.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:49 PM   #7
A Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
No it isn't. I feel like that.

So you feel like it made your car worse?
Old 06-27-2013, 10:21 PM   #8
spyderbuddy

Drives: v6 rs inferno orange/inferno orange
With the install of the vararam and throttlebody the tune just made everything work better.

When I got the Vararam youn could feel the dead spot at 2000 - 2500 more
With the throttle body that fixed the dead spot.
and with the tune the car came alive, it just felt better.
Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, MBRP Exhaust tips, CNC Trottle Body,Trifecta Tune, Vararam Intake/Green Filter, Chevorlet door Sills, Trunk Black out, Side Grills and RX Catch Can/Breather Kit.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:26 PM   #9
A Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderbuddy View Post
With the install of the vararam and throttlebody the tune just made everything work better.

When I got the Vararam youn could feel the dead spot at 2000 - 2500 more
With the throttle body that fixed the dead spot.
and with the tune the car came alive, it just felt better.
What came alive about it? Because some people are saying its a waste and others are saying it made their car come alive.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:04 PM   #10
lscamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Town View Post
I don't feel it made the car worse but if I were to do it again, I wouldn't get the tune. When I bought my trifecta, there were no other options so it was them or nothing. I know a lot say it made their car better and more power to them but you also have to remember a lot just want to validate their purchase so they experience a placebo effect. I personally experience no change. It's the same with or without the ecu tune.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:15 PM   #11
spyderbuddy

It went from dull, to exciting to drive. Where it wouldn't even break to tires loose, to right out lighting them up.
Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, MBRP Exhaust tips, CNC Trottle Body,Trifecta Tune, Vararam Intake/Green Filter, Chevorlet door Sills, Trunk Black out, Side Grills and RX Catch Can/Breather Kit.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:41 PM   #12
A Town

Quote:
I don't feel it made the car worse but if I were to do it again, I wouldn't get the tune. When I bought my trifecta, there were no other options so it was them or nothing. I know a lot say it made their car better and more power to them but you also have to remember a lot just want to validate their purchase so they experience a placebo effect. I personally experience no change. It's the same with or without the ecu tune.
I kinda figures that's what it was. Thanks for the input it was very helpful
Old 06-29-2013, 02:33 AM   #13
jbrantner24

Drives: 2013 Camaro LS M6
I found out I could run a tenth faster in the quarter without the trifecta tune just recently. I believe trifecta can make good power. I don't believe they can do it remotely. To me it doesn't seem possible to know if you are making more power by looking at a datalog. Then again I have a few more options for tuning with the LFX. Only reason I am keeping it the way it is for now is the speed limiter as well as the rev limiter I had adjusted slightly. I have noticed my mileage went up but to me my car feels really doggy most of the time.

K&N intake, Resonated X-pipe w/muffler delete, Trifecta Tune, rashes up sport muscle tachs.
jbrantner24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:21 AM   #14
A Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrantner24 View Post
I found out I could run a tenth faster in the quarter without the trifecta tune just recently. I believe trifecta can make good power. I don't believe they can do it remotely. To me it doesn't seem possible to know if you are making more power by looking at a datalog. Then again I have a few more options for tuning with the LFX. Only reason I am keeping it the way it is for now is the speed limiter as well as the rev limiter I had adjusted slightly. I have noticed my mileage went up but to me my car feels really doggy most of the time.
I heard that speed limiter and stuff is for the lfx engine not the LLT and if that's not true. Why am I able to reach top speeds without a problem it seems like
Old 06-29-2013, 03:28 AM   #15
lscamaro

It's not engine specific. You're able to reach top speed because you have a 2LT. The 2LT came with pirellis which are speed rated above the LS and 1LT bf Goodrich tires. For that reason, your limiter is at 155 mph while an LS and lt with no RS package has a speed limiter of 118. It's not the engines but the tires. It's a safety thing.

Old 06-29-2013, 04:23 PM   #16
BNRacing

Drives: 2010 Cobalt SS, 1972 Nova
It's not just about power, Trifecta also makes the car just way more fun to drive with firmer shifts, more responsive throttle, etc. They make a little more power than stock, but the biggest changes come with how the car feels.
BNRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:05 AM   #17
A Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNRacing View Post
It's not just about power, Trifecta also makes the car just way more fun to drive with firmer shifts, more responsive throttle, etc. They make a little more power than stock, but the biggest changes come with how the car feels.
If I have a ported throttle body which made a big change to my car. With the tune it would be better? And when I hear people saying their car felt slower and it didn't make it better I'm kind of stuck on what to believe because other people say it helped a lot.
Old 06-30-2013, 01:08 AM   #18
TheGhosty

Drives: '11 SW 1LT RS
The big question is do you have an auto or manual? Cause to me it was worth it in my auto for the stiffer shifts alone.
Old 06-30-2013, 02:06 AM   #19
A Town

Auto. But when you say stiffer shifts what do you mean?
Old 06-30-2013, 10:34 AM   #20
spyderbuddy

It let you change your shift points and how hard it shifts. you can get Trifecta to leave drive mode stay the same and change sport mode torque man to stifter shifts. The more ods you have the better the tune will be.
If you've going with just basic mods, Cold air intake, Throttle Body and Headers you've going to see a big difference in how the Tune works, but with just a Cold air intake you may not see as much.

Really the tune is just to make the components work better together.
Old 06-30-2013, 10:36 AM   #21
spyderbuddy

Quote:
Auto. But when you say stiffer shifts what do you mean?
Instead of a mushy shift or a smooth slow shift between gears, it will shift faster between gears and some what firmer shift.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:48 PM   #22
Vader2011v6

Drives: 2014 summit white ZL1
Quote:
It's not engine specific. You're able to reach top speed because you have a 2LT. The 2LT came with pirellis which are speed rated above the LS and 1LT bf Goodrich tires. For that reason, your limiter is at 155 mph while an LS and lt with no RS package has a speed limiter of 118. It's not the engines but the tires. It's a safety thing.
Thanks for that info lscamaro.I was wondering why my car couldnt go pass 118.It seemed like it took awhile to get there.Good thing im working on tuning.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:18 AM   #23
Agarc
Dr.Frankenstein

Drives: Frankenstein 6.0 LS2
Quote:
since day one i felt the isolator thing make more of a differance than with the tune ,i did the whole oh u got to drive it for a while Bull and still nothing..ive had it in the car for more than a year now i think or more
Old 07-31-2013, 04:02 AM   #24
Trentin24
Trentin24

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agarc View Post
since day one i felt the isolator thing make more of a differance than with the tune ,i did the whole oh u got to drive it for a while Bull and still nothing..ive had it in the car for more than a year now i think or more
How much is the isolator and where can I buy it?
Trentin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:25 AM   #25
A Town

I got mines from Ivan at southwest speed was fast 150 dollars

http://www.southwestspeed.net/