Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Dynomax
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2013, 03:44 PM   #1
Anthony @ LG Motorsports


 
Anthony @ LG Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 1994 1LE / 2006 Z51 Corvette
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Plano, TX
Posts: 2,226
LG Motorsports Velocity CAI system

Hey guys,

Looking for a killer cold air system that has been track and race proven? LG Motorsports Velocity CAI system is just what you need. Our system includes a full 4" intake tube with built in velocity stack inlet, high flow air filter, heat shield, hood seal, coupler, and clamps.

We believe in it so much that we adapted it to run on our own World Challenge Camaro (see below with required series restrictor in place)

The kit is finished in a durable semi gloss black finish and includes the re-usable high flow filter for years of use.

Assembled


Velocity stack inlet

Again, taken from our years of racing we built in a full velocity stack as part of our inlet ducting so it does not deform in in some of the rubber units found in other kits.

Exploded View

-Full system to bolt onto your Camaro SS

Air Intake Temp on track

-Notice even on track with the engine over 230 degree's!


Dyno Results

-No other changes and almost 15hp at the rear wheels!


Modified version for the race car


-shown here modified to use the series required restrictor.
__________________
Anthony @ LG Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:44 PM   #2
Anthony @ LG Motorsports


 
Anthony @ LG Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 1994 1LE / 2006 Z51 Corvette
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Plano, TX
Posts: 2,226
Reposted....will post outside to engine air test data this week.
__________________
Anthony @ LG Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:04 PM   #3
2SSCAMARO
 
2SSCAMARO's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro Auto
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fl
Posts: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony @ LG Motorsports View Post
Hey guys,

Looking for a killer cold air system that has been track and race proven? LG Motorsports Velocity CAI system is just what you need. Our system includes a full 4" intake tube with built in velocity stack inlet, high flow air filter, heat shield, hood seal, coupler, and clamps.

We believe in it so much that we adapted it to run on our own World Challenge Camaro (see below with required series restrictor in place)

The kit is finished in a durable semi gloss black finish and includes the re-usable high flow filter for years of use.

Assembled


Velocity stack inlet

Again, taken from our years of racing we built in a full velocity stack as part of our inlet ducting so it does not deform in in some of the rubber units found in other kits.

Exploded View

-Full system to bolt onto your Camaro SS

Air Intake Temp on track

-Notice even on track with the engine over 230 degree's!


Dyno Results

-No other changes and almost 15hp at the rear wheels!


Modified version for the race car

-shown here modified to use the series required restrictor.
How do you prevent detonation on a super hot engine cranking 5800 RPM's with 44.5 degrees advance timing?
2SSCAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:31 PM   #4
Anthony @ LG Motorsports


 
Anthony @ LG Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 1994 1LE / 2006 Z51 Corvette
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Plano, TX
Posts: 2,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSCAMARO View Post
How do you prevent detonation on a super hot engine cranking 5800 RPM's with 44.5 degrees advance timing?
Check throttle position....only 30%, not WOT. Going corner exit you would not be on the throttle WOT depending on where you are in the corner.
__________________
Anthony @ LG Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:41 PM   #5
John Deere Racer

 
John Deere Racer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 zl1 m6
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Williamsport,IN
Posts: 916
Damn nice piece

I made 430rwhp
With this And lg headers
__________________
2013 ZL1 M6 black on black 10 spokes

592rwhp 616rwtq bolt ons only
www.mikenorrismotorsports.com
Www.lgmotorsports.com
John Deere Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:46 AM   #6
Anthony @ LG Motorsports


 
Anthony @ LG Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 1994 1LE / 2006 Z51 Corvette
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Plano, TX
Posts: 2,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Deere Racer View Post
Damn nice piece

I made 430rwhp
With this And lg headers
And got the car in the low 12's too......right?
__________________
Anthony @ LG Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:02 PM   #7
Fish-man
SS HWSE
 
Fish-man's Avatar
 
Drives: too many to say!
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: S.E. Michigan
Posts: 663
pics aren't showing?
Fish-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:46 PM   #8
Baltimorejohn1

 
Baltimorejohn1's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: DC Metro
Posts: 1,173
Nice setup and race proven always validates you definitely trust it to perform.....
Baltimorejohn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:00 AM   #9
Anthony @ LG Motorsports


 
Anthony @ LG Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 1994 1LE / 2006 Z51 Corvette
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Plano, TX
Posts: 2,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltimorejohn1 View Post
Nice setup and race proven always validates you definitely trust it to perform.....
My point exactly.
__________________
Anthony @ LG Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:19 PM   #10
Top Off
 
Top Off's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 LS3 1SS/RS Vert
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Hamburg
Posts: 199
So no tune is required?
__________________
2012 1SS/RS Vert. BBK shorties, Solo cats, GHL catback
Top Off is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.