Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Forced Induction - V8 V8 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2013, 09:18 AM   #26
E.T.


 
E.T.'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 3,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11syn3rgy View Post
I have basically the exact same set up as pdiddy but mine is a L99. With the stock 3.8 pulleys (for now), LS9 injectors, ZR1 plugs and the stock air box, where should I be for RWHP. Without the Maggie I had a dyno run of 375 to the rear wheels. It's sounding like the LS3 makes quite a bit more HP than the 26 additional that it starts with? Any thoughts.
You shouldn't have trouble breaking 500 rwhp. My L99 always seemed to dyno a little low. I was only in the 350 HP range with full bolt ons. The Maggie added almost 150 rwhp, but I went with the 3.6 pulley which is supposed to be 8 psi. Also, I have gears, which I've read will contribute to slightly lower numbers on the dyno. At any rate, don't get too caught up on the numbers. Adding a supercharger was one hell of an upgrade. The car is an absolute beast. At this point, the main thing holding it back is traction
__________________

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:31 AM   #27
11syn3rgy
JT Synergy RS/2SS
 
11syn3rgy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro RS/2SS (L99) Synergy
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Hager City, WI
Posts: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
You shouldn't have trouble breaking 500 rwhp. My L99 always seemed to dyno a little low. I was only in the 350 HP range with full bolt ons. The Maggie added almost 150 rwhp, but I went with the 3.6 pulley which is supposed to be 8 psi. Also, I have gears, which I've read will contribute to slightly lower numbers on the dyno. At any rate, don't get too caught up on the numbers. Adding a supercharger was one hell of an upgrade. The car is an absolute beast. At this point, the main thing holding it back is traction
Thanks man. If I go to 3.6 pulleys, will I need anything more than my LS9 injectors on the fuel side? I know a BAP is a good insurance policy, but at what level are these "necessary"?
11syn3rgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:44 AM   #28
E.T.


 
E.T.'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 3,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11syn3rgy View Post
Thanks man. If I go to 3.6 pulleys, will I need anything more than my LS9 injectors on the fuel side? I know a BAP is a good insurance policy, but at what level are these "necessary"?
Here's what they put in mine:

SHOPSUP VARIOUS SHOP SUPPLIES, TOOLING,
LBRVEHICLE LABOR TO BASELINE DYNO, INSTALL
HAZARDOUS MATERIAL DISPOSAL
MAGNACHARGER SUPERCHARGER, CAI INC
TUBE FOR MAGGIE, 60# INJECTORS,
INJECTOR ADAPTERS, 3-BAR MAP, 160
THERMOSTAT, NGK PLUGS, MSD WIRES,
ZL1 PUMP, 3.6 PULLEY

I wasn't too familiar with all the requirements, so I just took their word for it. Best bet is to ask you shop/tuner, or maybe someone else on the forum will chime in.
__________________

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:03 AM   #29
11syn3rgy
JT Synergy RS/2SS
 
11syn3rgy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro RS/2SS (L99) Synergy
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Hager City, WI
Posts: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
Here's what they put in mine:

SHOPSUP VARIOUS SHOP SUPPLIES, TOOLING,
LBRVEHICLE LABOR TO BASELINE DYNO, INSTALL
HAZARDOUS MATERIAL DISPOSAL
MAGNACHARGER SUPERCHARGER, CAI INC
TUBE FOR MAGGIE, 60# INJECTORS,
INJECTOR ADAPTERS, 3-BAR MAP, 160
THERMOSTAT, NGK PLUGS, MSD WIRES,
ZL1 PUMP, 3.6 PULLEY

I wasn't too familiar with all the requirements, so I just took their word for it. Best bet is to ask you shop/tuner, or maybe someone else on the forum will chime in.
There's my answer. You had a ZL1 pump installed. It sounds like I either need to upgrade my fuel pump or get a BAP?

Thanks man!
11syn3rgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:57 PM   #30
pdiddy
 
Drives: 2011 2SS
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 465
thanks for the post, I am going to run the 3.8 pulley for a little bit my kit will be here tomorrow hope to have it all together and to the tunner in the next week stand by for install questions..lol actually the maggie install manual looks pretty straight forward getting pretty excited
__________________
2011 2SS JBA LONG TUBE, JBA HIGH FLOW CATS AND 3" EXHAUST, CAI CAI, 3.91 GEARS 18" cf5 NITTO NT555R, Bmr TRAILING ARMS, AND BUSHINGS, DYNO TUNED AT 408 RWHP/ ADDED A MAGGIE WITH 3.6 PULLEY ZL1 PUMP FIC 63# injectors ADM FPCM DYNO TUNED AT 570 RWHP AND 550 RWTQ
pdiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:26 PM   #31
11syn3rgy
JT Synergy RS/2SS
 
11syn3rgy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro RS/2SS (L99) Synergy
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Hager City, WI
Posts: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiddy View Post
thanks for the post, I am going to run the 3.8 pulley for a little bit my kit will be here tomorrow hope to have it all together and to the tunner in the next week stand by for install questions..lol actually the maggie install manual looks pretty straight forward getting pretty excited
Good luck man! My Maggie is supposed to be here tomorrow as well, but I'm not able to get it installed for 2 more weeks. I'll have to live vicariously through you in the meantime. I'm gonna stick with the 3.8 pulleys for a little while as well. Already looking ahead to the 3.6, MSD voltage booster (BAP) and CAI Inc intake. Jannetty says this is an easy additional 60 HP!!! Gotta like that. I can't wait to get this damn thing installed. At least I'll have it finished for the big Car Craft show at the MN State Fairgrounds on the 19th!!
11syn3rgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:34 PM   #32
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 12,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiddy View Post
thanks for the post, I am going to run the 3.8 pulley for a little bit my kit will be here tomorrow hope to have it all together and to the tunner in the next week stand by for install questions..lol actually the maggie install manual looks pretty straight forward getting pretty excited
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11syn3rgy View Post
Good luck man! My Maggie is supposed to be here tomorrow as well, but I'm not able to get it installed for 2 more weeks. I'll have to live vicariously through you in the meantime. I'm gonna stick with the 3.8 pulleys for a little while as well. Already looking ahead to the 3.6, MSD voltage booster (BAP) and CAI Inc intake. Jannetty says this is an easy additional 60 HP!!! Gotta like that. I can't wait to get this damn thing installed. At least I'll have it finished for the big Car Craft show at the MN State Fairgrounds on the 19th!!



Take your time and follow each step. It's pretty straight forward.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.