Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

sjm autoprod
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-29-2013, 03:27 PM   #18
JWoj3540

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Here is a link to a thread I wrote about selecting headers. Yes, there are some differences between those brands but you can't make a wrong decision if those are the brands you are deciding between. They are the top of the line.

Choosing The Right Long Tube Headers
Chase, thanks, I have seen this before and will look at it again. Can you shed any light on the differences between the three brands of LT headers I mentioned? Thanks!
JWoj3540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:22 AM   #19
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWoj3540 View Post
Chase, thanks, I have seen this before and will look at it again. Can you shed any light on the differences between the three brands of LT headers I mentioned? Thanks!
All three use the same high quality material (304L stainless steel), have a very high degree of construction quality, and are made in the USA. If you look at them all side-by-side you will notice that they each route their primaries slightly differently and have some proprietary features. Where the rubber meets the road they all produce almost identical performance gains. There is some little bit of a variation in price.

Here is a quick crappy iPhone picture for you. I will do a more in depth post on the specific differences soon. The top one is Kooks, the middle is Stainless Works, and the bottom is ARH.
Attached Images

Old 07-02-2013, 05:59 PM   #20
Apex Motorsports

I just received this photo from one of our customers that went with the black coated tip option.
Attached Images

Old 07-03-2013, 12:04 PM   #21
BplumCrazy-SS

Drives: 416 w/TH400
here is mine with offroad pipes and a nasty cam
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=DSGqdgjpMig
Old 07-06-2013, 04:49 PM   #22
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by BplumCrazy-SS View Post
here is mine with offroad pipes and a nasty cam
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=DSGqdgjpMig
That sounds sick!
Old 07-07-2013, 02:32 PM   #23
HaulnJ

Drives: 2010 SS/RS LS3 GFX Heritage grill
Best part of this system is that everything bolts on and matches up with out any hassles. SW really did their homework.
HaulnJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 04:17 PM   #24
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaulnJ View Post
Best part of this system is that everything bolts on and matches up with out any hassles. SW really did their homework.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:06 AM   #25
JWoj3540

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
All three use the same high quality material (304L stainless steel), have a very high degree of construction quality, and are made in the USA. If you look at them all side-by-side you will notice that they each route their primaries slightly differently and have some proprietary features. Where the rubber meets the road they all produce almost identical performance gains. There is some little bit of a variation in price.

Here is a quick crappy iPhone picture for you. I will do a more in depth post on the specific differences soon. The top one is Kooks, the middle is Stainless Works, and the bottom is ARH.
Great stuff and the comparison pic is helpful. I'll keep an eye out for your post. Does Apex supply all three?
JWoj3540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:26 PM   #26
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWoj3540 View Post
Great stuff and the comparison pic is helpful. I'll keep an eye out for your post. Does Apex supply all three?
We do. We are a distributor for Kooks, ARH, Stainless Works, Stainless Power, and Pfadt.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:32 PM   #27
aggieguy13

Drives: 2013 SS/RS VR 1LE
Quote:

So ARH drop a nice little bit more than the other two options?

2013 SS/RS 1LE VR-Backup System, SOLO Perforsance HF Cats, Muffler Delete, BBK Off-road X-pipe
2002 35th Aniversary SLP SS-Sold
aggieguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:53 PM   #28
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggieguy13 View Post
So ARH drop a nice little bit more than the other two options?
Not sure I follow. Do you mean hanging below the car?
Old 07-18-2013, 08:59 PM   #29
aggieguy13

Drives: 2013 SS/RS VR 1LE
looking at the 3 pics you posted with the 3 brands the ARH look substantially "taller" so ya hanging down more. just thinking that might personally end up as a problem for my application.

2013 SS/RS 1LE VR-Backup System, SOLO Perforsance HF Cats, Muffler Delete, BBK Off-road X-pipe
2002 35th Aniversary SLP SS-Sold
aggieguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:25 PM   #30
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggieguy13 View Post
looking at the 3 pics you posted with the 3 brands the ARH look substantially "taller" so ya hanging down more. just thinking that might personally end up as a problem for my application.
Part of that is the perspective of the shot. The headers where on the floor and I was standing over them. The ARH were the closest to the camera. The Pfadt headers are probably the set with the most clearance. They do not require cutting the under tray on the ZL1 and most do.
Old 07-27-2013, 02:36 AM   #31
Ravener

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6 Blk
I really dig the sound of the SW retro system. Question: If I have kooks LT's now, with their Hi-Flo cats dumping into a 2.5" system (don't ask...) what would I need to get from SW parts-wise? Do I need new Cats to feed the 3" pipes or...?
Old 09-14-2013, 07:27 AM   #32
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravener View Post
I really dig the sound of the SW retro system. Question: If I have kooks LT's now, with their Hi-Flo cats dumping into a 2.5" system (don't ask...) what would I need to get from SW parts-wise? Do I need new Cats to feed the 3" pipes or...?
Nothing but the cat back. The system includes a neck to attach to 2.5 inch leads.
Old 09-14-2013, 10:50 AM   #33
Mydivorcegift
When is soon?

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
I'm just curious...

How does this thread always end up back on the first page when there is never any new content posted?

www.agpturbo.com
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 02:11 PM   #34
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
Because...

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote