Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

autoguy
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 07-01-2013, 11:30 PM   #126
RayYork
LordVader

Drives: 2011 RS 2SS 99 BMW 328i 96 K1500
It turns out that I spoke before the results were in........ It was just a bad sensor this time

RayYork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:46 AM   #127
POWERFREAK
I.AM.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayYork View Post
It turns out that I spoke before the results were in........ It was just a bad sensor this time

Nice!

NY5thgen.com
POWERFREAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 03:22 PM   #128
ejmjintx

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Driving home last evening, lost oil pressure (definitely not a sensor / lots of rattle) in the 2013 1LE - 13K miles, not sure what happened yet, but suspect oil pump - I wonder why after all these years they still have the the same problem, got to wonder if anyone is working to solve the issue
ejmjintx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 09:47 PM   #129
WHAMMO

Drives: LS2 Fbody
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejmjintx View Post
Driving home last evening, lost oil pressure (definitely not a sensor / lots of rattle) in the 2013 1LE - 13K miles, not sure what happened yet, but suspect oil pump - I wonder why after all these years they still have the the same problem, got to wonder if anyone is working to solve the issue
This suck!!
Old Today, 12:30 AM   #130
Teamradrz1

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
So my car has the same issue, (2012 LS3 46K miles) was at the coast on a Camaro get together and went over to a friends that morning for BF before heading back home was there for about an hour came out started the car and before getting out of the driveway "DING DING DING" Low oil pressure shut engine off. Shut it down checked the oil it was fine checked for leaks didn't see any. Started it back up maybe a gauge misread, the gauge pack said 0 OP. Shut it back off got a flash light to see if I could see oil pumping to the top end started it up and started "ticking" quickly shut it back off and called the tow truck. So I call the local dealer as I'm back home over 3.5 hours from my car and he says I was 2 quarts low and after he topped it off my oil pressure came back up. I told him I checked the oil when the alarm went off he said looks like an oil consumption problem. I said ok for arguments sake let's say I read the dipstick wrong even 2 quarts low there is enough oil in the pan to have oil pressure, he agreed but said seems fine now and for me to come get my car and should follow up with my local dealer for further inspection. I agree would be nice to have my car closer to home, I asked well what if it drops to zero again on the way home and it damages the engine? Well it would be covered under the powertrain warranty he said.
Showstopper side markers, Phoenix Gold system, MBRP Catback exhaust, Factory Strut tower brace, CAI intake, Hydro graphics, carbon fiber door panel inserts, 20% tint, clear bra, Plasma DRL, AAC scanner bar & Grill LEDs, int-trunk-license plate swapped for LEDs.
Teamradrz1 is offline   Reply With Quote