Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Apex Paul
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2013, 02:34 PM   #205
rakanet
 
Drives: Camaro 2011 ss
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: FL
Posts: 49
Camaro SS Supercharged 600 rwhp



Camaro SS 2011 Ls3 Manual
- Edelbrock Supercharger : 3.5 Stock pully
- 1 7/8 American Racing Headers
- Borla 3" Custom Exhaust Dual tips
- CAI with adm scoop and washer relocation
- Blower Camshaft
- Monster Clutch Stage 3
- ZL1 fuel pump
- 65 lb/hr F.A.S.T injectors
- TR6 Plugs
- BMR suspension package

Rpm limit: 6500
on Pump Gas:
601 Rwhp
545 Torque

Dyno Video:
rakanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:30 PM   #206
Batmanntexas
 
Batmanntexas's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro SS (2SS)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sanford, NC
Posts: 613
2012 SS Camaro
1-7/8" OBX LT's
3" OBX Full exhaust w/HF Cats
Whipple w/ 4" pulley
LS9 camshaft [I/E] (211*/230* , .562"/ .562")
ZL1 fuel pump @ 7.5 psi
600hp/519tq
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Dyno Tuning Session 11MAY2013.pdf (255.1 KB, 157 views)
__________________
650RWHP/565RWTQ

COTW 9/8/14
Batmanntexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:51 PM   #207
impaidbyu
 
Drives: 2013 rs/ss Convertible
Join Date: May 2013
Location: North Eastern CT
Posts: 88
I have been reading this thread and have a question.
If a car makes 8lbs of boost from a twin turbo set up and the same car has 8lbs of boost from a maggie set up why does the twin turbo make more hp?
What am i missing?
Isnt 8psi 8 psi?
Thanks in advance.
Great thread by the way!
impaidbyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:05 PM   #208
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,137
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by impaidbyu View Post
I have been reading this thread and have a question.
If a car makes 8lbs of boost from a twin turbo set up and the same car has 8lbs of boost from a maggie set up why does the twin turbo make more hp?
What am i missing?
Isnt 8psi 8 psi?
Thanks in advance.
Great thread by the way!
Efficiency of drive....

Hypothetical numbers....

Maggie ... 8 lbs of boost.... makes 150 hp..... It take s 75 of those HP just to run the maggie so a net gain of 75 hp....

Turbos.... 8 lbs of boost.... makes 150 hp... takes 30 of those hp to run the turbos.... so a net gain of 120 hp.....

Again, these are hypothetical numbers.... but belt driven blowers are considered to be roughly 50 % efficient...

Turbos 80-90 % efficient... and these are arguable numbers...

This is all dependent on quality of build, properly matched components... etc.... Putting a big rump rump cam on a FI (forced induction) build is not necessarily the way to gain efficiency... Using shorties headers are not going to help engine breathing much more efficient.... as using factory manifolds with turbos is not the best route....

It's all about properly matching quality components.
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:09 PM   #209
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 7,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by impaidbyu View Post
I have been reading this thread and have a question.
If a car makes 8lbs of boost from a twin turbo set up and the same car has 8lbs of boost from a maggie set up why does the twin turbo make more hp?
What am i missing?
Isnt 8psi 8 psi?
Thanks in advance.
Great thread by the way!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Efficiency of drive....

Hypothetical numbers....

Maggie ... 8 lbs of boost.... makes 150 hp..... It take s 75 of those HP just to run the maggie so a net gain of 75 hp....

Turbos.... 8 lbs of boost.... makes 150 hp... takes 30 of those hp to run the turbos.... so a net gain of 120 hp.....

Again, these are hypothetical numbers.... but belt driven blowers are considered to be roughly 50 % efficient...

Turbos 80-90 % efficient... and these are arguable numbers...

This is all dependent on quality of build, properly matched components... etc.... Putting a big rump rump cam on a FI (forced induction) build is not necessarily the way to gain efficiency... Using shorties headers are not going to help engine breathing much more efficient.... as using factory manifolds with turbos is not the best route....

It's all about properly matching quality components.
Don't forget, its also about the air you flow. 8 psi on a small turbo or small centri is not going to push as much air as a bigger turbo or centri at the same boost.
__________________
New Ride -- 2015 Z06 2LZ (stock) -- Journal
Old Ride -- 2012 Camaro 2LT/RS (647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ) -- Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:12 PM   #210
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,137
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
To add to this....

My car for example.... again hypothetical numbers...

Small turbos, spool immediately, make boost way out on the edge of the boost efficiency map... create huge amounts of iat heat.... due to overspinning and working like crazy to make boost....

Now, big turbos, less boost, more efficient area of the boost map... less iat heat creation.... more boost efficiency... so more power with less overall boost....

Think of a little fan in a big room, or a big fan in a big room.... which one works harder and which one is more efficient....
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:12 PM   #211
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,137
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Don't forget, its also about the air you flow. 8 psi on a small turbo or small centri is not going to push as much air as a bigger turbo or centri at the same boost.
You beat me to it....
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:10 PM   #212
impaidbyu
 
Drives: 2013 rs/ss Convertible
Join Date: May 2013
Location: North Eastern CT
Posts: 88
I get it now....
impaidbyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:34 PM   #213
SGDM
Scorched Dark Earth
 
SGDM's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 2SS RS 1LE
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: North Texas
Posts: 896
Here is the breakdown:

AGP BASE TWIN TURBO KIT W SMALL INTERCOOLER 9-10 PSI
ADM INSTALLED LS9 CAM AND SPRINGS(26918)
"NEW ADM FPCM FOR 1LE AND NPP CARS"
GM NPP EXHAUST SYSTEM AND CONTROLS
AIR OIL SEPERATOR BY ELITE AND GM
STOCK THROTTLEBODY
STOCK INTAKE MANIFOLD
STOCK CLUTCH
STOCK GEARS
STOCK MANIFOLDS
STOCK FUEL PUMP-1LE GETS ZL1 PUMP FROM FACTORY
93 OCTANE FUEL
ZL1-UNDERBELLY

PRE DYNO VERSUS FINAL DYNO:
Attached Images
 
__________________

Smoking a Shelby

Who Dares...Wins
SGDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:50 AM   #214
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,137
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGDM View Post
Here is the breakdown:

AGP BASE TWIN TURBO KIT W SMALL INTERCOOLER 9-10 PSI
ADM INSTALLED LS9 CAM AND SPRINGS(26918)
"NEW ADM FPCM FOR 1LE AND NPP CARS"
GM NPP EXHAUST SYSTEM AND CONTROLS
AIR OIL SEPERATOR BY ELITE AND GM
STOCK THROTTLEBODY
STOCK INTAKE MANIFOLD
STOCK CLUTCH
STOCK GEARS
STOCK MANIFOLDS
STOCK FUEL PUMP-1LE GETS ZL1 PUMP FROM FACTORY
93 OCTANE FUEL
ZL1-UNDERBELLY

PRE DYNO VERSUS FINAL DYNO:
Awesome.... That car will rip up some tracks...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:08 PM   #215
Camaro Dude
and Sledge
 
Camaro Dude's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 1LE, 2SS, NPP
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Québec
Posts: 2,900
I'm liking those base AGP Turbo numbers above.
Just visited their website, $6700 for this twin turbo kit is not too bad at all, in light of that dyno chart.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:14 PM   #216
Motion427
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Red Jewel L99
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NB,Canada
Posts: 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
I'm liking those base AGP Turbo numbers above.
Just visited their website, $6700 for this twin turbo kit is not too bad at all, in light of that dyno chart.
$6700 is for the tuner kit.You'll need some injectors and fuel pump upgrade.
Great kit.
Motion427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:55 PM   #217
Camaro Dude
and Sledge
 
Camaro Dude's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 1LE, 2SS, NPP
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Québec
Posts: 2,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion427 View Post
$6700 is for the tuner kit.You'll need some injectors and fuel pump upgrade.
Great kit.
Do 1LE owners like myself still need a fuel pump upgrade?
I believe the 1LE models come with the Zl1 fuel pump.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:19 AM   #218
SGDM
Scorched Dark Earth
 
SGDM's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 2SS RS 1LE
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: North Texas
Posts: 896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
Do 1LE owners like myself still need a fuel pump upgrade?
I believe the 1LE models come with the Zl1 fuel pump.
No...you are correct.
__________________

Smoking a Shelby

Who Dares...Wins
SGDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:35 AM   #219
TinyToasta
 
TinyToasta's Avatar
 
Drives: way too fast....
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 294
Here my preliminary results for 2013.

We've been stuck with a 3.6 pulley due to belt slip. Next year we'll try again with an 8-rib drive and pulley down given we're not running out of octane.

675rwhp / 676ft-lbs of torque
12.6lbs of boost
no meth



Attached Images
 
__________________
custom build forged LSA, 376ci, TVS2300@15psi, 687rwhp/686ft-lbs, built by Henrik Racing, Customkingz, tuned by Jannetty Racing
JRE rough idle cam, JRE ported lower intake manifold, OD cog drive, 6% OD crank pulley, ported ls3 heads, NW102mm TB, 1/2'' RDS spacer, IW 8-rib drive
Pfadt Cradle Bushings, Arms & Rods, Pedders Supercar w/FE4 conversion, ZL1 sways, HE Twin Carbon Street Slayer, DSS 1000hp Axles
CTS-V Brake upgrade, Street: 22'' Vossen CV1, Strip: 18'' Forgestar F14 on MT Street Radials
TinyToasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:20 PM   #220
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,137
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
From late October...
Attached Images
 
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:24 AM   #221
blake-b

 
blake-b's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2010 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 2,088
Cam change and AGP twins (S261) vs Ysi with centri blower cam. Bold green and blue lines are turbo results in 5th gear. Finer blue and green lines are Ysi in 4th gear.
Attached Images
 
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tracking All Currently Known US VIN and Window Stickers - Order Tracking Thread UCF w00t Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 4242 02-17-2014 09:57 PM
PWA "The Lounge" DGthe3 Off-topic Discussions 143773 11-06-2010 12:00 PM
Really? Why is the DealerInfo Thread Gone? renderinfo 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 2 02-11-2009 09:01 AM
Changing Photoshop Thread Format headpunter Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions 20 11-06-2008 06:40 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.