Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery All Camaro related pictures, videos and other assorted media.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2008, 12:17 PM   #26
LS9CamaroSS
 
LS9CamaroSS's Avatar
 
Drives: Cavalier RS
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Jordan, NY
Posts: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Can anyone answer this question??

On any given Friday or Saturday night, how many drivers on the road are intoxicated?

a) 1 in 3
b) 1 in 5
c) 1 in 10
d) 1 in 15
We are taught in driver education here in NYS that the answer is 1 in 10... that may have changed since i took it in 2005 though...
LS9CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 07:48 PM   #27
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com
 
TAG UR IT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SA, Texas
Posts: 26,418
b) 1 in 5

You got it, Mindz.

And...I believe the 1 in 10 is for every other night....Sun-Thurs
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 07:59 PM   #28
WillInThe04Ranger
 
WillInThe04Ranger's Avatar
 
Drives: 04 Ranger, 95 Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Posts: 684
Send a message via AIM to WillInThe04Ranger
I was going to guess 1 in 3 because I think a lot of people drink
__________________
America's Manififest Destiny, Rollin On Radials
WillInThe04Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 08:29 PM   #29
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com
 
TAG UR IT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SA, Texas
Posts: 26,418
^Depending on where you are at that time, it probably is!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 10:08 PM   #30
GhoSSt
 
GhoSSt's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335 Cabrio
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Can anyone answer this question??

On any given Friday or Saturday night, how many drivers on the road are intoxicated?

a) 1 in 3
b) 1 in 5
c) 1 in 10
d) 1 in 15
Might be off topic but I think they should lose their license and ride a bike for about 10 years. I think drunk driving would stop then.
__________________
GhoSSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 12:29 AM   #31
2KZ28_For_Now
SS Shotgun Ride?!??! :-)
 
2KZ28_For_Now's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Z28
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
to both of ya'll.


And on that note,

ALL YOU YOUNG DRIVERS...

Just FYI, but 16-20 year old male adults are at a MUCH greater risk of dying or getting seriously injured in an auto accident.

In fact, males are in the lead all the way through until 85 years of age. Females then take over in the area most likely to die/get seriously injured in auto accidents. You know why??? Because males have a shorter life expectancy than females.

If anyone needs factual data, I can get it later from my books. Just took a defensive driving course Monday going over ALL of this information.

All I'm saying guys (and gals)....especially you younger ones, is

USE YOUR HEAD!!!!!!!! Drive safely. You might be able to react faster, but your lack of experience on the road is your biggest enemy. Those who have driven longer have the experience, but reaction times begin to lengthen as you get older.

And on a last note...

Seat belts and air bags have a 50% higher probablility of saving lives. Wear the darn belts. I don't care if it wrinkles your nice shirt. And I surely don't care that it's "uncomfortable." Because it's going to be a hell of a lot more uncomfortable going through the windshield, out the side window, lying in a hospital bed not being able to move for months, or in a wheelchair (if you're lucky enough to be able to live through the accident) for the rest of your life.

Please. Please. Please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
The issue isn't 'speed limit' per se.....

I'm trying to address two things:

>not wearing safety belts

>illegal street racing -- where two (or more) cars line up -- and have a drag race in the midst of spectators and such.........that's dangerous.

I have really upset a few guys on another site -- (was asked to post a note about street racing -- thus the reason I wrote what's on this thread) ...and it was not well received.

My point is that you can kill more than just yourself --

Both of you should be glad to hear I have finally been converted to a "belt wearer."

I used to be EXTREMELY anti-seat belt -- but a girlfriend of mine finally beat it into this thick skull.

I have eventually gotten to the point to where I hardly notice I am wearing it, to where it used to annoy me so badly it was like someone poking me on the shoulder repeatedly in a line.

So, I hope this helps a current "anti-belt" person come over to the "light side."

"wear the darn belts," indeed.
2KZ28_For_Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 01:23 AM   #32
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com
 
TAG UR IT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SA, Texas
Posts: 26,418
^Thank you!!!

Wearing seat belts IS second nature for me. I don't notice it AT ALL.

I'm just glad I was wearing it when I got into my acc a few years back. I probably would have been either in the passenger seat or out the passenger window after getting struck. It's just so simple to put it on.

But, thanks for coming to the "light side!!!"
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 03:23 PM   #33
Eisenhower
I drank what?
 
Eisenhower's Avatar
 
Drives: DANGEROUSLY
Join Date: May 2007
Location: check your back seat...
Posts: 416
A truck was traveling down the highway at around 1 o'clock in the morning near Tulsa, Oklahoma.

A motorcyclist was traveling at ~120mph and ran into the back of the moving semi-truck.

The truck driver said he felt the impact, and it took almost a 1/4 mile for him to pull over.

This is what he found...


***WARNING!!!! GRAPHIC IMAGES***
























*****
Attached Images
     
Eisenhower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 07:40 PM   #34
fbodfather


 
fbodfather's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaros................
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Grosse Pointe Farms, MI (suburban Detroit)
Posts: 4,365
well guys -- unfortunately we lost two more young men last evening -- and another is in critical condition.

They were trying to 'catch air' by going over a railroad crossing at a very high rate of speed.

I guess we can't stop people from trying that........

.....anyway -- a very large tree got in the way........

Sad part?

NO ONE was wearing their safety belt.

As I mentioned earlier, I was 'taken to task' about my preaching.

Funny thing is: They seem to be caught up in the "IF I want to do street racing, it's my right and I will do it.......----hmmmmm too many "I" and "my" in that statement...........
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 09:42 PM   #35
bouncertime
Miller High Life
 
bouncertime's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Silverado and 2007 Cobalt SS
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
well guys -- unfortunately we lost two more young men last evening -- and another is in critical condition.

They were trying to 'catch air' by going over a railroad crossing at a very high rate of speed.

I guess we can't stop people from trying that........

.....anyway -- a very large tree got in the way........

Sad part?

NO ONE was wearing their safety belt.

As I mentioned earlier, I was 'taken to task' about my preaching.

Funny thing is: They seem to be caught up in the "IF I want to do street racing, it's my right and I will do it.......----hmmmmm too many "I" and "my" in that statement...........
It is always sad to hear stories like these. My heart goes out to the families.
__________________
Jimmy
bouncertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 04:29 PM   #36
camaro10
 
camaro10's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45TH Anniversary SS
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
well guys -- unfortunately we lost two more young men last evening -- and another is in critical condition.

They were trying to 'catch air' by going over a railroad crossing at a very high rate of speed.

I guess we can't stop people from trying that........

.....anyway -- a very large tree got in the way........

Sad part?

NO ONE was wearing their safety belt.

As I mentioned earlier, I was 'taken to task' about my preaching.

Funny thing is: They seem to be caught up in the "IF I want to do street racing, it's my right and I will do it.......----hmmmmm too many "I" and "my" in that statement...........
Scott, thanks for your "preaching". You can't prevent people from being stupid, Hell, I've been stupid on more than one occasion in the past, but this helps to remind people to respect their automobiles as the machines they are. Powerful machines. They deserve to be driven responsibly and with an eye out for the fool that is not doing the same thing!
Thanks for your reminder!
__________________

My newest edition, Chevy V8 Power!
camaro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 07:18 PM   #37
Fbodybuddy
 
Fbodybuddy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Pontiac G8
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Trussville, AL
Posts: 66
Street racers are moronic idiots. I have been passed on our loop interstate I-459 by racers doing 100+ in traffic. They must be going that fast because I'm doing 80 and they are passing by like my car is standing still. All someone has to do is a wrong flip of the wheel and diaster is certain.
We recently have had two street races go bad in Birmingham which resulted in two people losing their lives. Sad, needless, pitiful. For the money racers bet on the races they could take it to the drag strips around and do it there. The police have stepped up enforcement but they can't be everywhere at all times. I suppose this is the ugly side of having high output cars which only gives the pundits something else to gripe about.
Abd ditto on the seat belt.
Fbodybuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 09:44 PM   #38
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper
 
Kyle2k's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Posts: 3,244
Everyone realizes the reason we have terrible looking riced out cars and moronic street racing is because of the Fast and Furious series. I personally think there is nothing wrong with these movies, but the reason there are so many problems is because a majority of kids just can't seperate fact from fiction, I don't know how they are supposed to learn. I have a feeling if people want to make it work however- bracket racing and track weekends are going to get even bigger in the near future.
__________________
Kyle2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 10:24 PM   #39
The_Blur
Jayhawk USN
 
The_Blur's Avatar
 
Drives: 6.2L of AWESOME! 2011 L99 2SS
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NAS Whiting Field
Posts: 14,306
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post
Everyone realizes the reason we have terrible looking riced out cars and moronic street racing is because of the Fast and Furious series. I personally think there is nothing wrong with these movies, but the reason there are so many problems is because a majority of kids just can't seperate fact from fiction, I don't know how they are supposed to learn. I have a feeling if people want to make it work however- bracket racing and track weekends are going to get even bigger in the near future.
I disagree that we can blame the media for our reckless teens and young adults. I would fit this category, being 22 and interested in modified cars, but my interest did not stem from movies, TV promotion, or magazines. I enjoy the feeling of a powerful, fast car under my control. I enjoy having something different than the production model for both performance and obvious appearance reasons. I'm sure the same inspiration justifies some kid's Civic with a wild wing that no one else would buy, then driving it like a Formula 1 track without consideration of others on the road. They want to be noticed. We all do. The problem isn't the media; it's the lack of accessible ways of these kids to race legally and be noticed for their skill or lack thereof. I remember having to be home at a certain time and doing homework that prevented me from doing what I wanted, even if it was stupid and meaningless. These kids like their cars, as meaningless as their Integras may be.
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Please read: fbodfather 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 36 05-11-2008 10:38 PM
5th Gen Camaro LS3 info from Chevy Hi-Po...READ TAG UR IT Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 295 03-07-2008 11:06 AM
MAYBE... Some of you should read this! KILLER74Z28 Off-topic Discussions 3 01-25-2008 02:48 PM
Mark As Read Urthman Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions 3 03-27-2007 03:33 PM
Interesting read on American cars and trucks...... fbodfather General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 8 12-22-2006 09:47 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.