Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Dyno Max
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences Share review & feedback on vendors and sellers

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 05:13 PM   #51
JDP Tyler

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post
What this code for is-

"I am offering my best price and truly want your business. However, I also realize that you are price shopping, and will likely call 10 of my competitors asking for a better price. Since I compete with many companies that are nothing more than someone working out their house as a side thing, I fully expect one of them will undercut me to try and make a sale. This is common because these types of companies have no overhead, and often will sell at up to cost to gain a foothold. Having a customer and enough money for dinner at Taco Bell is all they need.

Because of this, once you are done price shopping, lets see what you find, and maybe we can work something out".

Pretty much every vendor will go a little lower to take a sale from someone else. So if you are an established company..all you can do is say "Here is my best price..if you find lower, I will match it", and hope at the end of the day they come back to you because of your reputation. I see some people here spend their whole day working over vendors with price matches to save $25.

Sorry if that seems abrasive..but it is true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Very well said. Additionally, there is also the fact that dealer/distributors are required to sign Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) policies that prevent us from putting any price in print other than the one stipulated by the manufacturer. That is done to protect the manufacturer from having those smaller vendors who can only compete on price running there product's value in the ground. Violating those policies leads to termination of your account so all you can do is say, "Here is the price but if you find someone violating their obligation let me know and we will crush them.". I am not going to lose a sale over price to some guy drop shipping orders from his basement while watching Judge Judy but I can't risk losing a $100-250k a year account to do that.

Thanks to everyone who mentioned Apex Motorsports as one of the vendors doing things right.
Well said guys!

And thanks to those who said nice things about JDP Motorsports. Our #1 goal is customer satisfaction, so we sincerely appreciate your support!

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007

Click HERE to send me a PM | Sales@jdpmotorsports.com | www.jdpmotorsports.com | 888.308.6007
Old 06-21-2013, 05:33 PM   #52
butters
It's not the batmobile!

Drives: 2012 Camaro LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by family man View Post
This is what really gets me John.

"They" should stop slamming these so called inferior products, get your ass back to work and get your product made so you don't have a 6-8 week wait time. And stop taking orders until your backlog is filled. It's just common sense, but as they say, common sense isn't so common for some people.

I also have to give a shout out to Pete at Showstopper. A true professional!
Old 06-21-2013, 05:50 PM   #53

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
The times I've ordered something, a part or whatever from vendor "X", they are always "In stock!"...lol...But, alas, that is not always the case....I can see a snag, or a minor hiccup, but it seems it's standard practice to say "In stock", so you won't shop somewhere else. Call number one of "where is it??..."/ "It's on it's way!"....nope, second time "It's at the polishers, be there in a couple of days...."....call number three, "There still making them, be done soon!..."...lol...

Told them, ok if you're gonna give me the run around, at least get your story straight and keep it in the right direction instead of going backwards...what, next time I call they will tell me there digging the ore out of a mine still...lol...
Many reputable vendors have told me parts are in stock, and it is true, and they are shipped right away...but not all, for sure...

Only honest exception to this rigamarole was Tracy at RX for the catch-can....He knew he didn't have any right this minute to send to me, but gave me his best honest estimate of when I would get it...Fine, that's all I want to know...too bad not every vendor does that...
Old 06-21-2013, 05:59 PM   #54
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 14 Spark
I have also had good luck with ACS. They treated me very well in my experience with the purchase and installation of my TL1 insert.

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:12 PM   #55
Evil-Bee-NH
WEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro 2LS
I've had mixed success with the C5 vendors. Best by far that i've ordered from are Apex and EmblemPros. Apex hopefully solved the javascript error for the elite can on their site but all in all they fixed any order issues very quickly. Roger at EmblemPros has to beone of the most informative and polite vendors i've ever dealt with at all. Lupe at River City is awesome aswell ordered custom painted bowties and had them about a week later and they look great.

As for bad ones well customer service at RPI is hopefully being fixed by Don but he's got one hell of a massive job and i really hope he quality checks stuff going out the door aswell because that's two of their major issues. Not sure wether some of the damage caused by their practices can really ever redeem them in most peoples eyes here but atleast he's making an effort to do it.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:45 PM   #56
SSMOKN
Coupe

Drives: Camaro,955I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
Hey, what did we do to not make that list
Bill,
as far as I'm concerned your top of the list!
Bill went above and beyond to make me happy! CAI is a great vendor!
Old 06-22-2013, 09:52 AM   #57
JWMotoring

Drives: SS Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to JWMotoring
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post
What this code for is-

"I am offering my best price and truly want your business. However, I also realize that you are price shopping, and will likely call 10 of my competitors asking for a better price. Since I compete with many companies that are nothing more than someone working out their house as a side thing, I fully expect one of them will undercut me to try and make a sale. This is common because these types of companies have no overhead, and often will sell at up to cost to gain a foothold. Having a customer and enough money for dinner at Taco Bell is all they need.

Because of this, once you are done price shopping, lets see what you find, and maybe we can work something out".

Pretty much every vendor will go a little lower to take a sale from someone else. So if you are an established company..all you can do is say "Here is my best price..if you find lower, I will match it", and hope at the end of the day they come back to you because of your reputation. I see some people here spend their whole day working over vendors with price matches to save $25.

Sorry if that seems abrasive..but it is true.
Yeah couldn't say it better myself.

Lots of basement sellers here. Most will weed themselves out in the next few years. You can't live off of $5 margins forever. I do this for a living and there is no way I am making $5 on a part with the expectation to back it up after the sale.
Old 06-23-2013, 01:32 PM   #58

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWMotoring View Post
Yeah couldn't say it better myself.

Lots of basement sellers here. Most will weed themselves out in the next few years. You can't live off of $5 margins forever. I do this for a living and there is no way I am making $5 on a part with the expectation to back it up after the sale.
I've seen posts from reputable vendors that get lumped in with the bad actors just because they offer the same items...

....Price isn't everything...

I've been living in my cave for so long, that I never bought anything over the internet until I started getting things for this car...What an eye-opener...anyone can have a web-site and make a cell-phone and a lap-top in their car look like a brick and mortar business...lol...

I got so frustrated after a while, I only shopped at Classic Industries. I could drive there, look at the parts at the counter, no shipping bs, cash and carry...

Web-site/internet sales can be a great convenience and time-saver, but you still need to know who you're dealing with...
Old 06-23-2013, 03:36 PM   #59
jordan 572

Drives: none
Chase at Apex is great, Tyler & Jordan at JDP are awesome too, Bmr, and Ted Jannetty do a good job also. A lot of good companies out there, a few that are
Old 06-23-2013, 03:53 PM   #60
Rob21sf
Don't fear the Reaper!

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro LLT
Bottom line. At the end of the day we as the consumer decide which company we spend our hard earned money on. The way I conduct business myself is, if a vendor that I've never bought anything from has a good deal on something I need and it's a genuine deal, I have no problem giving him my business. If by chance an issue arise on that purchase, I will give that vendor every opportunity to correct it within reason. Depending on the outcome that's what will determine whether or not I continue doing business with them.

I take peoples feedback on businesses as there opinions and make "my" own decisions whether or not to proceed. There's "always" two sides to a story!
MRT 2.0 Axle-back / DT Shorties / Gutted CATS / Magnaflow X-Pipe / Roto-Fab CAI / Roto-Fab ZL1 resevoir / VMax ported TB / Elite CC / Elite brace / Pfadt Stage 2 suspension pkg. / Heritage grill / ZL1 rockers / GM lip spoiler/ HAVOC rear diffuser / COPO style hood / Hotchkis hood pins / HURST ST shifter, EMBLEMPros custom badges.
Old 06-23-2013, 04:32 PM   #61
MarylandSpeed

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
That's really the big thing. It only costs like $100 a month to sponsor here. That means anyone can come here and talk a great game, claiming they are the #1 this, or the best that, with no real basis, and consumer really knows no difference. They think that everyone has a warehouse, call center or what not, when for many places, the reality is starkly different. Some may have never even owned or worked on a Camaro. What's even better is sometimes, even when reality is known, some consumers still buy because they like supporting the little guy.

The problem is, when your business is a side thing, it is the first thing that suffers or gets discarded because a problem shows up in real life. We have been in business 10 years, and over that time I have seen plenty of the one man shows go under for seemingly simple reasons. Hours change at your real job, health issues, family issues, and so forth. Sometimes people also just give up. You can't take the risk to quit your day job to grow the business, and you don't have anymore free time to commit.

With a larger business that has some employees and overhead, you are much more invested in it. In a lot of ways you honestly cannot afford for it to fail so it becomes the main priority in your life. Much more so than something you are doing out your house as side income.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
I've seen posts from reputable vendors that get lumped in with the bad actors just because they offer the same items...

....Price isn't everything...

I've been living in my cave for so long, that I never bought anything over the internet until I started getting things for this car...What an eye-opener...anyone can have a web-site and make a cell-phone and a lap-top in their car look like a brick and mortar business...lol...

I got so frustrated after a while, I only shopped at Classic Industries. I could drive there, look at the parts at the counter, no shipping bs, cash and carry...

Web-site/internet sales can be a great convenience and time-saver, but you still need to know who you're dealing with...

Old 06-23-2013, 04:39 PM   #62
mikeyg36
The GT Troll Hundred

Drives: Cammed '12 2SS/RS LS3 '15 Z/28
FSP remember: Buy from Birm, because Birm is awesome.
Apex, JDP, and CAI are also great.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:04 AM   #63
Ivan @ Southwest Speed
Southwestspeed.net

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, '96 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
From cursing out customers & name calling, to selling cheap product that constantly needs warranty work, to boaderline plagiarism, to unscrupulous selling tactics, the list goes on and on.

On one hand I am happy when I see this because it pushes me to the few good remaining venders left but on the other hand it’s really disturbing. Do vendors think they continue to get away with crap like this and stay in business? In just the past 2 weeks I have taken 3 vendors off my list of companies I would buy from and 2 of them I have purchased from in the past.

I’m not going to name the bad, unscrupulous vendors, but I will give a shout out to some of the few (and I know everyone will have their own) that seem to go above and beyond to do what’s right for their customers (in no particular order):

Apex Speed (The whole damn crew)
Maureen from Rodgers
FSP (Matt) - Not sure how this man deals with me after the grief /questions I've put him through, lol!
River City Creations (Lupe)
Southwest Speed (Ivan)
Tampa Tuning (Phil)
Ofer (what the heck is Ofer’s name anyway, LOL)
Emblems Pro
Jucied

Here’s to hoping these vendors stick with their current business strategy and continue to do right by their customers!
Honored to be on your list sir. Thank you.

All (4) of us at Southwest Speed strive to lead by example. We just work hard to do what we think folks would like for us to do......perform as advertised.

Southwest Speed has always been a debt free company and because of that, we don't have to be something that we don't want to be or act any certain way. We don't owe the banks and don't have a line of investors helping to keep us in stock. Not a dig on those who do, but we just operate differently. Southwest Speed invests profits right back into Southwest Speed LLC to make it a better place to work and work for.

We're Camaro people who support the community. Southwest Speed is only on one other forum (Corvetteforums.com) and that's about to end sooner than later since we're (secret) moving into a larger facility and looking to do bigger and better work. No doubt we're staying here - where we can help the most.

With that being said, I'd like to say thanks for taking the time to spotlight not only Southwest Speed, but everybody else on that list. I've personally worked with just about every one of them and can agree that they truly care about the customer, do everything that they can to satisfy the customer, and will be there after the sale as well.

Another interesting point is that almost all of them are all 1 or 2 man operations as well. Tells ya how hard some of these folks are working to outshine the "Big Dogs."

From Southwest Speed, thank you for the support and business.

Ivan @ Southwest Speed
Old 07-05-2013, 10:09 AM   #64
BlackSmoke

Drives: Black Custom 2013 Camaro
I personally enjoy these type discussions. I think its good to know who offers good service and products from personal experience. I am a business owner myself and know the struggles of keeping everyone happy. Its simply impossible to do no matter how hard you try. Granted this is just a hand full of customers but word of mouth is your best and worst advertising. There are so many companies online that it is hard to know who has the best price and service. Ebay is a huge advantage as far as saving $$$. I recently placed a order from a company on here and I did mention that ebay had the same item for $70.00 cheaper. He said he couldn't go that low but he did come down to close the gap for me. I had a couple of other things on the order as well and wanted to order it all from the same place if possible. He is a nice guy and he made a attempt to come down within a $20 difference so I placed the order with him and not ebay. Companies do need to know that a good portion of their customer base communicates with each other. This being said is why I think these type topics are important for us all.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:12 AM   #65
BlackSmoke

Drives: Black Custom 2013 Camaro
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan @ Southwest Speed View Post
Honored to be on your list sir. Thank you.

All (4) of us at Southwest Speed strive to lead by example. We just work hard to do what we think folks would like for us to do......perform as advertised.

Southwest Speed has always been a debt free company and because of that, we don't have to be something that we don't want to be or act any certain way. We don't owe the banks and don't have a line of investors helping to keep us in stock. Not a dig on those who do, but we just operate differently. Southwest Speed invests profits right back into Southwest Speed LLC to make it a better place to work and work for.

We're Camaro people who support the community. Southwest Speed is only on one other forum (Corvetteforums.com) and that's about to end sooner than later since we're (secret) moving into a larger facility and looking to do bigger and better work. No doubt we're staying here - where we can help the most.

With that being said, I'd like to say thanks for taking the time to spotlight not only Southwest Speed, but everybody else on that list. I've personally worked with just about every one of them and can agree that they truly care about the customer, do everything that they can to satisfy the customer, and will be there after the sale as well.

Another interesting point is that almost all of them are all 1 or 2 man operations as well. Tells ya how hard some of these folks are working to outshine the "Big Dogs."

From Southwest Speed, thank you for the support and business.

Ivan @ Southwest Speed
Good post Ivan. I am going to go over and check you guys out right now to see what goodies you have.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:46 AM   #66
wadew2lt
U.S. Army Veteran

Drives: 2LT/RS SGM M6 Polished 20's
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
Agreed, and this is why I am not bashing a single vendor, just pointing out an overall observation of things I've seen lately.

(I can't find the "Like" button.)
Old 07-06-2013, 03:36 AM   #67
tramtwo

Drives: 2013 1LE
The "everybody makes mistakes" defense is really ridiculous. As the customer I am not interested in why it is not right, save that for your weekly shop meetings. What I want are resolutions.

Too often in todays marketplace the customer becomes a sounding board to vent... I see it often. Just own your mistake, and call it a mistake.

At my job when I get it wrong the process looks like this... ring, "I was wrong, the issue has been identified and here are the corrective actions we have taken to resolve the mistake and to ensure it doesn't happen again. Is there anything else you need from us to make this situation right?" Shit happens but covering up with bullshit just makes it all worse.

You would be amazed at the positive responses an honest and frank approach to problem resolution has on people. It really can, and often does solidify business relationships, even more so than getting it right can. We are so used to excuses, "the computers are down, the supplier is late, the carrier has a flat, my go to guy is out cause his stepdog in-law had to go to the vet. It is all bullshit... the best customer service doesn't show when you get it right, it shows when you've gotten it wrong.

All that being said if mistakes are a matter of routine I am in the wrong business or need a serious overhauling.

Here is just one example. I was buying some headers, I want the "best" brand. A five minute conversation with the vender and I was now ordering a less expensive name. Why? Because the second brand was an easier install for a guy like me working in the driveway. This vendor cost himself a few hundred dollars that day... but now not only has a customer for life but a proactive salesman. Thanks Ted!!

Last edited by tramtwo; 07-06-2013 at 03:55 AM.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:59 PM   #68
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
I didn't want to start a new thread,especially since all seems to be answered here im trying to find "Lupe overhauling engines".I typed it into search,and didn't get anything. I want to have my front bow tie painted,and i hear he's the man to do it,Thanks
Old 07-08-2013, 02:05 PM   #69
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
I didn't want to start a new thread,especially since all seems to be answered here im trying to find "Lupe overhauling engines".I typed it into search,and didn't get anything. I want to have my front bow tie painted,and i hear he's the man to do it,Thanks
Here is his ID:

overhaulengines
Old 07-08-2013, 02:15 PM   #70
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Thanks.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:23 PM   #71
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
I already had mine painted but got another set from Lupe and they are absolutely the best...

Here's his website.. http://www.camarocustoms.com/

Another example of a vendor that just keeps getting better all the time.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:45 PM   #72
tramtwo

Drives: 2013 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I already had mine painted but got another set from Lupe and they are absolutely the best...

Here's his website.. http://www.camarocustoms.com/

Another example of a vendor that just keeps getting better all the time.
drinking and online shopping don't mix
Old 07-08-2013, 05:22 PM   #73
camaro2lt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2lt VR/RS CGM Rally's
pete at pedders are a great guy. ofer is always great.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:32 PM   #74
ChadG

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
Just found this thread and have to agree with the couple on your list I have had the pleasure of doing business with:

Ivan at Southwest Speed was great, bought my Iceolator from them was happy I got the longer bolts!

Lupe is an artist, I've yet to buy from him but given an infinite paycheck I would keep him employed for a long time . . . his work is AMAZING.

I haven't bought from Apex . . . but I like Chase since he's an old scout (19D) and well the pictures he posts aren't too bad either . . .

A couple of vendors that haven't been mentioned yet are the fine folks at Adam's polishes - in my opinion they are the absolute epitome of amazing customer service.

Lastly Steve and Patrick at Vararam have been AWESOME to deal with . . . still loving my intake!
Old 07-08-2013, 09:55 PM   #75
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
drinking and online shopping don't mix
Sure it does... I do it all the time.

Can we change the name of this thread now? It certainly doesn't fit anymore..

Closed Thread