Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2013, 02:14 PM   #18
dixonk
 
dixonk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Audi Q7
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 1,084
Send a message via Skype™ to dixonk
I would say no additional sound OR power. But drivability was much improved. Much more linear feel on the throttle and snappier response. Probably worth every bit of the 150 bucks I paid.
dixonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:46 PM   #19
Badbubba
GrINned & JUICEd
 
Badbubba's Avatar
 
Drives: WRX STI, EB Expy, 2010 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 751
Tuned and I still have that (b)ucking problem. Until warmed up.
__________________
Nitrous Outlet Plate (progressive, fuel hose upgrade, remote opener, heater, filter, console switches), LNC2000, ARH 1 7/8" LTs/gutted cats/X pipe/mufflers, Jet Hot coated LTs, JRE SCT Tune, CAI, Scoop, Rx Catch Can, Gates heater hose relocation, Remote clutch & auto brake res, Metco loop, Momentum Tunnel Brace, TSW Nurb 18" 555 & 555R, Pfadt trailing arms & toe rods, Autometer wideband, Fesler Pillar Pod, LED strips (int), Lloyds floor & trunk mats, LED DRL/front turn & license plate, DRL harness, VLEDs tail lights, Plasticoat Bowties. Ord: Oct 5, 2009 Rec: Nov 19, 2009 13.17 @ 112.6 stock
Badbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:58 PM   #20
Kinetic Kev HWSE 2013

 
Kinetic Kev HWSE 2013's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Hot Wheels Special Edition
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Auburn,Mass
Posts: 1,334
I have a 2013 a6 SS and mine doesn't do that also with less then 1000 miles on it.
Kinetic Kev HWSE 2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:26 PM   #21
Rhyder


 
Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: atlanta
Posts: 2,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by njweatherman View Post
@Rhyder - I mentioned it to the dealer in passing, and they said they have not heard of anyone else having this problem. I told them I will let them keep it overnight when I bring it in for its first 3,000 mile service.

@dixonk - did the vmax throttle body give you any additional sound or just power?
ya i wonder how many people who it does do it to just assume its normal and deal with it, never mentioning it to the dealer.....they get numerous complaints and they may actually look into it....

at least you have it on record as reported in case something goes south on you later.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As to the throttle body, its pure throttle response improvement....well worth the money. I wouldn't hesitate to get one again if I had it to do over again.
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:04 PM   #22
njweatherman
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hackettstown, NJ
Posts: 25
@Rhyder - thanks for the info on the throttle body. I'm debating on getting it or not in the future. Do you still have your stock Mass Air Sensor?
njweatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:11 PM   #23
Rhyder


 
Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: atlanta
Posts: 2,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by njweatherman View Post
@Rhyder - thanks for the info on the throttle body. I'm debating on getting it or not in the future. Do you still have your stock Mass Air Sensor?
yep.
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:54 AM   #24
HarryNW
HarryNW
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS Black (LS3)
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 148
Late into this thread - I just posted here - 2SS/RS LS3 with Hesitating/Bucking.

I have the CAI and have checked/cleaned the MAF. I would be fine with the slightly rough idle - I think it sounds mean. Its the bucking on acceleration (and even steady RPM) - that has to be wrong?!
HarryNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 04:10 AM   #25
jazyjason
 
jazyjason's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2LS V6
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Pinole, CA
Posts: 42
Just take it to the dealer and get a rental like I did today. Car lost total power and steering control WHILE driving (not kidding) so I'm anxious to see what they find. My Camaro has 2300 miles on it and I only put 91 octane in it now (hard as hell to find 93 around where I live).

Also I've driven it at cold (meaning hardly a warm up) and had nothing like you are describing so it is an issue. I let mine warm up a minute or so now. Besides I wipe mine down as it warms up. Kill two birds with one stone!
jazyjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:01 AM   #26
njweatherman
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hackettstown, NJ
Posts: 25
@HarryNW - your problem sounds exactly like mine. I have a 2013 2SS automatic, a little over 1,00 miles on it, with a flowmaster outlaw catback exhaust and K&N CAI. Ever since I bought the car, I had the hesitation, bucking, jerking at cold start-up only. Once the car was warmed-up, it ran great with no problems.
FYI - Prior to me putting on the after-market mods, my dealer said it was ok because the above mods do not affect the ECU.
I was going to wait until my first 3k service to bring it in, but I am going to see if they can take a look at it soon. I'll keep you posted with any details.
Please feel free to private message me on this matter.
njweatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:14 PM   #27
HarryNW
HarryNW
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS Black (LS3)
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by njweatherman View Post
@HarryNW - your problem sounds exactly like mine. I have a 2013 2SS automatic, a little over 1,00 miles on it, with a flowmaster outlaw catback exhaust and K&N CAI. Ever since I bought the car, I had the hesitation, bucking, jerking at cold start-up only. Once the car was warmed-up, it ran great with no problems.
FYI - Prior to me putting on the after-market mods, my dealer said it was ok because the above mods do not affect the ECU.
I was going to wait until my first 3k service to bring it in, but I am going to see if they can take a look at it soon. I'll keep you posted with any details.
Please feel free to private message me on this matter.
Thanks - feedback still varies but seems to favor the "this is standard behavior until warmup", so you can see my final decision on the matter here - I will keep that other thread (and my build thread) updated with any further developments.

Thanks again to all of you for the comments/feedback
HarryNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:18 PM   #28
chevy 3
NEcamaro5
 
chevy 3's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: mass
Posts: 4,105
Mine has done this from day one and its no biggie
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 01:34 PM   #29
njweatherman
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hackettstown, NJ
Posts: 25
Everyone, here is an update on my 2013 2SS automatic:

I took it to the dealer yesterday and had the service manager witness the hesitation / bucking / jerking, at start-up. I told him it is worse with the first start-up of the day.
He searched GM's site and there are no bulletins out on this matter.
I will be dropping my car off when I approach 3k. I will bring it to them during the evening and then they will test it the following morning when it is cold.
I'll post again when I drop it off and get the results back.
njweatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 02:47 PM   #30
dixonk
 
dixonk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Audi Q7
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 1,084
Send a message via Skype™ to dixonk
I got my car back from the dealer on Wednesday. I had them do a complete fuel system cleaning. Irrelevant but at the same time I put Full Synthetic in the rear diff and engine oil flush and filled back up with full synthetic. The car is completely smooth now. Idles and runs much smoother as well. Rolled over 25000 miles on the car yesterday.
dixonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 02:50 PM   #31
Rhyder


 
Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: atlanta
Posts: 2,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixonk View Post
I got my car back from the dealer on Wednesday. I had them do a complete fuel system cleaning. Irrelevant but at the same time I put Full Synthetic in the rear diff and engine oil flush and filled back up with full synthetic. The car is completely smooth now. Idles and runs much smoother as well. Rolled over 25000 miles on the car yesterday.
did they replace the fuel filter and everything when they did the cleaning? I could see a faulty fuel filter maybe being a culprit.....also you know what they used to clean it by chance?
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 02:54 PM   #32
dixonk
 
dixonk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Audi Q7
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 1,084
Send a message via Skype™ to dixonk
I honestly don't know what they changed. It was a 175 dollar comprehensive fuel system cleaning and it took a long time for them to finish. I would imagine thats part of the cleaning. There was some parts charges on top of labor but I didn't read what parts where changed. I ended up doing a major service while I was there for my 25k.
dixonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 02:55 PM   #33
Rhyder


 
Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: atlanta
Posts: 2,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixonk View Post
I honestly don't know what they changed. It was a 175 dollar comprehensive fuel system cleaning and it took a long time for them to finish. I would imagine thats part of the cleaning. There was some parts charges on top of labor but I didn't read what parts where changed. I ended up doing a major service while I was there for my 25k.
well as long as we have a possible fix, not that mine is doing it now, but if it starts I know what to try first....
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:36 PM   #34
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by njweatherman View Post
Everyone, here is an update on my 2013 2SS automatic:

I took it to the dealer yesterday and had the service manager witness the hesitation / bucking / jerking, at start-up. I told him it is worse with the first start-up of the day.
He searched GM's site and there are no bulletins out on this matter.
I will be dropping my car off when I approach 3k. I will bring it to them during the evening and then they will test it the following morning when it is cold.
I'll post again when I drop it off and get the results back.
Appreciate your update njweatherman,

By all means, let us know what happens after your service visit.

Regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is online now   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.