Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences Share review & feedback on vendors and sellers

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 09:57 PM   #76
tramtwo

Drives: 2013 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Sure it does... I do it all the time.

Can we change the name of this thread now? It certainly doesn't fit anymore..

ya asking me... you the one with all the stick around here...
Old 07-09-2013, 07:29 AM   #77
FY_Ivan
Black Mamba

Drives: 2013 2LT RS
Not a parts vendor like all listed here, but Adam's Polishes has some awesome customer service.

Heritage Grille | Gen5DIY Halo & DRL Harness | LEDs - DRLs, dome, trunk, license plate | ZL1 rear and RPI front splash guards | CAI Inc. Cold Air Intake
Elite Engineering Catch Can | Oracle Ghosted Sidemarkers | FR ZL1 style wheels | VMax Black Ported TB
Old 07-09-2013, 01:19 PM   #78
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS CAI Inc. CAI, Cam, Tune
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMOKN View Post
Bill,
as far as I'm concerned your top of the list!
Bill went above and beyond to make me happy! CAI is a great vendor!
Thanks!!
Old 07-09-2013, 04:30 PM   #79
mikeyg36
The GT Troll Hundred

Drives: Cammed '12 2SS/RS LS3 '15 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
Thanks!!
+1 for CAI
Old 07-09-2013, 04:50 PM   #80
Rapid Runner

Drives: 2012 Audi TT-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post
That's really the big thing. It only costs like $100 a month to sponsor here. That means anyone can come here and talk a great game, claiming they are the #1 this, or the best that, with no real basis, and consumer really knows no difference. They think that everyone has a warehouse, call center or what not, when for many places, the reality is starkly different. Some may have never even owned or worked on a Camaro. What's even better is sometimes, even when reality is known, some consumers still buy because they like supporting the little guy.
That's real interesting... so lets just say that's $1,200 a year, from 1 vendor, somebody here is a genius here for getting rich off of enthusiasts, cause it damn sure doesn't cost more than $1,200 to back the servers for this place, And the hard working mods get nothing rite?

But who am I to question such things though..

Lmao.. that's funny, no wonder we are not allowed to bash vendors here, cause for example.. if we as a community decided to have a pitchfork fest with a vendor, and we decided to ban this said vendor and due to lack of business, this said vendors leaves... that's $1,200 rent out of somebody pockets rite..

all I gotta say is.. way to look out for us
Old 07-09-2013, 06:00 PM   #81
butters
It's not the batmobile!

Drives: 2012 Camaro LFX
Old 07-09-2013, 06:03 PM   #82
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
I cant believe this thread is still here, much less still open.......

Lets just rename it the bash everyone thread, don't forget to say "bless his heart" afterwards though or you aren't protected........
Old 07-10-2013, 07:40 AM   #83
c_LoW29

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid Runner View Post
That's real interesting... so lets just say that's $1,200 a year, from 1 vendor, somebody here is a genius here for getting rich off of enthusiasts, cause it damn sure doesn't cost more than $1,200 to back the servers for this place, And the hard working mods get nothing rite?

Lmao.. that's funny, no wonder we are not allowed to bash vendors here, cause for example.. if we as a community decided to have a pitchfork fest with a vendor, and we decided to ban this said vendor and due to lack of business, this said vendors leaves... that's $1,200 rent out of somebody pockets rite..

LMAO I thought I was the only one who noticed this even getting a Quad Proccessor Multi Core Dedicated server from Softlayer is about $599.00 a month so where is the rest of the money going? Its all about the money now a days sadly there are very few that actually help for the cause and not for the profit and this is for almost everything in the world now a days. Granted everyone has to make a living and if this is what is paying the bills for someone then ofcourse they are going to try their hardest to keep the vendor here and not lose that money.

DMVC5
Old 07-10-2013, 08:12 AM   #84
nebchevy

Drives: 2011 2SS SGM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_LoW29 View Post
LMAO I thought I was the only one who noticed this even getting a Quad Proccessor Multi Core Dedicated server from Softlayer is about $599.00 a month so where is the rest of the money going? Its all about the money now a days sadly there are very few that actually help for the cause and not for the profit and this is for almost everything in the world now a days. Granted everyone has to make a living and if this is what is paying the bills for someone then ofcourse they are going to try their hardest to keep the vendor here and not lose that money.
Agreed ALL about the money and its F'in SAD!!

Old 07-10-2013, 09:24 AM   #85
JLE58

Drives: CGM,twin turbo, cam 2010 SS/RS
I Think Vendors get Suspended and Warnings alot more than you think. Of course The site is here to Make money who the heck does something like this for free with this many members.... When the Site first Started Tran wasnt making any money the Sponsorship was free Thats alot of work for no Pay check... We should be glad we dont have to pay a membership fee for being a member here. This forums is much better than most about letting you speak out against Vendors.

Last edited by JLE58; 07-10-2013 at 10:55 AM.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:54 AM   #86
Smirnoff

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid Runner View Post

Bump for connecting the dots.....sheeple's

Old 07-10-2013, 10:29 AM   #87

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
Bump for connecting the dots.....sheeple's
I wouldn't be too hard on the web-site for accepting advertising dollars...lol...

Sort of seen this "issue" come up before and it is still a free market place where the bad-apple vendors won't last...I think the mods and certain other members make an effort to eliminate certain "businesses" through the "vetting" process which can only happen after a track record is established...I'd rather see it that way than an alternative of charging certain vendors more, and not allowing any open competition at all...

If it were strictly to keep advertising revenue in place, no threads like this one would even be on the forums...lol...

Just sayin', it pays to do your homework before you buy anything from anybody....the web-site and other members will help, but there's no guarantee you will be 100% satisfied all the time....
Old 07-10-2013, 02:56 PM   #88
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
I have no problem with the host making money off the site....everyone who says they shouldn't needs to get off your duff and start up a "free" one yourselves if you do. Its allot of work even with Moderator's.

And its just silly to start quoting prices for servers like that's all it costs....you have more equipment costs than that, you have software and user license costs, you have website design and .com name costs,, you have the time put into building and maintaining that equipment costs, you have to provide space for the equipment, that costs, you have to keep it debugged and troubleshooting costs, you have power costs, you have costs to replace failed equipment, as well as backup equipment costs, you have costs for mandatory upgrade costs, there's dozens of necessary expenditures that are included in something like this, it isn't just signing up for a Facebook page........

It makes zero difference if they ban the vendors or not....as long as they aren't deleting the negative posts or otherwise actively try to hide stuff.

I have seen vendors dropped when it was discovered and confirmed after a separate investigation, they were doing damaging actions to members on here.

If your to lazy to do due diligence and research at least on this forum, much less on the web before buying from someone then that's totally on you.....why does everyone think its someone else's responsibility to "protect" you.

I mean its not like you have to buy from any of the vendors on here if you think the mod's aren't policing them correctly in your opinion, because they are getting payed "massive" amounts of money not to.....

And its pretty ludicrous actually to say they don't ban vendors, look at the RX situation recently......they banned a vendor for breaking forum rules....

Last edited by Rhyder; 07-10-2013 at 04:41 PM.

Closed Thread